Jason Bourne vs Thor

Text-only Version: Click HERE to see this thread with all of the graphics, features, and links.

Time Immemorial
Jason Bourne

vs

Depowered Thor

Jason is tasked with stopping the madman known as Thor while in his mortal form. No weapons, H2H, Full brutality.

Lestov16
I remember making a thread like this when Thor came out. I think the consensus was that Thor won, but personally I disagree.

Time Immemorial
Originally posted by Lestov16
I remember making a thread like this when Thor came out. I think the consensus was that Thor won, but personally I disagree.

Sounds like people where wanking as usual.

Maybe with these latest movies and such we will get some better opinions then the blanket "Thor wins" statements.

Lestov16
Can't wait for the new Bourne they announced. Bout time for Damon to show Renner how it's done.

Placidity
Oh there is a new Bourne?

Placidity
Looks like Damon will be in the next one followed by Renner.

Absolutely love Bourne, but wish it was more like the book.

wallman77
Can't wait for the new Bourne they announced. Bout time for Damon to show Renner how it's done.

I don't think Renner was the problem with the last movie. more the script. legacy is getting a sequel before damon's so hopefully justin lin delivers

wallman77
Originally posted by Placidity
Looks like Damon will be in the next one followed by Renner.

Absolutely love Bourne, but wish it was more like the book.

naw legacy starts shooting this summer, the damon one's script hasn't even been finished yet

Placidity
Originally posted by wallman77
naw legacy starts shooting this summer, the damon one's script hasn't even been finished yet

I read it from Wiki just then, accurate as at 15 September 2014.

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Bourne_(film_series)#Future

wallman77
I read it from Wiki just then, accurate as at 15 September 2014.

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Bourne_(film_series)#Future

September 17, 2014

http://blogs.indiewire.com/theplaylist/producer-says-legacy-sequel-with-jeremy-renner-still-moving-forward-but-bourne-with-matt-damon-could-be-delayed-20140917

"Producer Says ‘Legacy’ Sequel With Jeremy Renner Still Moving Forward, But ‘Bourne’ With Matt Damon Could Be Delayed"

"And if this one comes together, great, but they're still just talking." Indeed, it seems as if the Damon/Greengrass iteration is still in the early stages and it could get more difficult. "

lol

Oct 7, 2014

http://www.movieweb.com/bourne-legacy-2-sequel-crossover-renner

"Untitled Jason Bourne Sequel comes to theaters July 15th, 2016 and stars Jeremy Renner. The film is directed by Justin Lin. "

Placidity
Thats when the articles were written, not the official announcement date.

But looks like Wiki is wrong.

I don't mind Renner, I just want a Bourne movie. Ditch the girl though. Have her killed off like in Supremacy.

wallman77
Thats when the articles were written, not the official announcement date.

But looks like Wiki is wrong.

I don't mind Renner, I just want a Bourne movie. Ditch the girl though. Have her killed off like in Supremacy.

lol same

Time Immemorial
So who wins you bunch of hens in a chicken coup talking scratchsmile

FrothByte
Bourne should win, though it won't be an easy fight.

wallman77
Originally posted by Time Immemorial
So who wins you bunch of hens in a chicken coup talking scratchsmile

lol, thor would try to muscle him and would get outclassed by bourne's skill/speed combo. thor wont go down easy tho

Placidity
I'm pretty sure at least one of you said the opposite in the original thread...

wallman77
I'm pretty sure at least one of you said the opposite in the original thread...

confused

Lestov16
Originally posted by wallman77
I don't think Renner was the problem with the last movie. more the script. legacy is getting a sequel before damon's so hopefully justin lin delivers

I didn't have a problem at all with Renner. He definitely did the best with what he had. But it was definitely one of the (if not THE) lamest action movies I've ever seen, combined with one of the most anti-climatic end "battles" ever. The fact that it was a spin-off of arguably the best action series of all time (definitely of the 21st century) only made it worse. I remember apologizing to my dad as we left the theater for the waste of time. Also, I remember stating in a review that Renner needing drugs completely goes against the appeal of Bourne being a badass due to Batman-esque training, so it's clear Tony Gilroy didn't understand the Bourne series or what made it cool.

Placidity
Also, I remember stating in a review that Renner needing drugs completely goes against the appeal of Bourne being a badass due to Batman-esque training, so it's clear Tony Gilroy didn't understand the Bourne series or what made it cool.

He would probably still badass (physically/skill) without it. But the point was there would be heavy withdrawal symptoms if he went off it right away, and he said they would not survive if that happened.

However, his IQ would be severely compromised.

Lestov16
Exactly. He was a dumbass without those pills. I found that whole pill sub-plot to be ridiculous. One set of them gives you the mind of Bourne, the other his physical skills. How ridiculous. Bourne's vast skillset can't be replicated by taking some medicine. It's through massive training in various fields, not some drugs that magically make you smart.

Time Immemorial
Originally posted by FrothByte
Bourne should win, though it won't be an easy fight.

What is going to be his biggest challenge?

Psychotron
Bourne, Thor wasn't that good.

wallman77
Exactly. He was a dumbass without those pills. I found that whole pill sub-plot to be ridiculous. One set of them gives you the mind of Bourne, the other his physical skills. How ridiculous. Bourne's vast skillset can't be replicated by taking some medicine. It's through massive training in various fields, not some drugs that magically make you smart.

lol WHERE ARE THE CHEMS?! I NEED THE CHEMS!!

FrothByte
Originally posted by Time Immemorial
What is going to be his biggest challenge?

Challenge for whom, Bourne or Thor?

For Bourne, the challenge would be that Thor is bigger and heavier. Anyone who says size doesn't matter has never tried fighting a bigger opponent before. Thor's massive experience will also be a big factor.

For Thor, obviously Bourne's highly-technical skill will be the biggest issue. Bourne also seems quicker, though that just might be the shaky-cam making the action scenes look hectic.

Text-only Version: Click HERE to see this thread with all of the graphics, features, and links.