Darth Bane vs Darth Vader

Text-only Version: Click HERE to see this thread with all of the graphics, features, and links.

DarthAnt66
Who wins? Both in prime showings.

Nalaniel
Bane.

Nargaroth
Is this Orbalisk Bane? In that case he wins solidly, though not easily in my opinion. If this is DOE Bane, Vader wins.

Nephthys
Bane.

AncientPower
Vader, he is better in almost everything bar lightning, draining feats(for obvious reasons).

Better duelist, better Tutaminis feats, better endurance feats, better telekinesis by a mile, better strength feats, better Force Choke feats.

All of which without a nexus or orbalisk induced rage btw.

Emperordmb
Bane.

Selenial
Vader

NewGuy01
Bane, his armor and regeneration completely outclass Vader's own endurance, he's a good deal faster, and has potentially game-winning lightning under his belt.

On the other hand, Vader's usual advantages over his opponents, namely TK and physical strength, are all but irrelevant here. He should be able to hold his own, but will ultimately be defeated 9-10/10.

FreshestSlice
Vader is more powerful, but he won't be able to get around the orbalisks.

NewGuy01
If Vader is more powerful than Orbalisk Bane, the advantage is pretty negligible tbh.

AncientPower
Zannah could force push Bane, Vader should be able to deal extensive damage against him with TK.

If Bane throws a lightning burst at him, Vader should be able to deflect it back at him with his lightsaber and such a move, if not defended properly could have dire consequences for Bane's Orbalisks.

NewGuy01
Bane was more powerful in RoT, though.

Nargaroth
I don't think Vader is more powerful than Orbalisk Bane, though, and the latter should take this solidly.

Nephthys
thumb up

Originally posted by AncientPower
Zannah could force push Bane, Vader should be able to deal extensive damage against him with TK.

How could he damage him? With the Orbalisks, Bane's pretty well protected. It's not like being hurled into things or being bombarded by objects will do much to him.

S_W_LeGenD
Bane

NewGuy01
Originally posted by Nephthys
thumb up

How could he damage him? With the Orbalisks, Bane's pretty well protected. It's not like being hurled into things or being bombarded by objects will do much to him.

I wouldn't say that. As far as I know, the armor isn't absurdly shock-absorbant. Being slammed into walls will still hurt like a ***** tbh.

Nargaroth
Originally posted by NewGuy01
I wouldn't say that. As far as I know, the armor isn't absurdly shock-absorbant. Being slammed into walls will still hurt like a ***** tbh.

To my memory, Bane withstood a several hundred meter fall as well. Vader's TK isn't going to do anything to him, and he has no other way to overcome Bane's durability advantage.

NewGuy01
So has Aryn Leneer.

Nephthys

Bane's taken worse pain, and he regenerates. wink

NewGuy01
Curious as to how Bane's regen would cope with broken bones. evil face

Nephthys
Pretty well. He healed from a lightsaber slash almost instantly and that hundred meter fall Narg mentions was more severe than he made it sound (basically 2 Drexyls fell on him as well). Pretty sure he had broken bones that healed super quick since he was limping and had a gimped up arm when he started walking away.

The_Tempest
Originally posted by Selenial
Vader

Stigma
Vader

carthage
Vader wins via ragdoll

carthage
Bane, his armor and regeneration completely outclass Vader's own endurance, he's a good deal faster, and has potentially game-winning lightning under his belt.

On the other hand, Vader's usual advantages over his opponents, namely TK and physical strength, are all but irrelevant here. He should be able to hold his own, but will ultimately be defeated 9-10/10.

Bane isn't regenerating from being ragdolled via TK, and his lightning an be absorbed by a saber. Bane's Orbalisks won't save him from broken bones, having his neck broken, or sustaining massive damage from a guy who can blow a hole through durasteel, collapse a cathedral, crush a TIE fighter mid flight, and destroy massive droids.

Bane has no response to his TK.

Text-only Version: Click HERE to see this thread with all of the graphics, features, and links.