Anakin Skywalker vs Darth Vader

Text-only Version: Click HERE to see this thread with all of the graphics, features, and links.

DarthAnt66
Anakin Skywalker from Revenge of the Sith versus Darth Vader from The Empire Strikes Back.

ILS
Bananakin Skyrunner

NewGuy01
Debatable.

FreshestSlice
Vader, but with high difficulty

Nargaroth
Probably even split.

DARTH POWER
Tough one. Skywalker would need to keep all over him and not give Vader a chance to Tk him. If he can do that he wins. But chances are he won't be able to keep that kind of assault up and will get Tk'd at some point.

ILS
Anakin's TK is equal if not superior to Vader's.

ares834
Vader.

DARTH POWER
Originally posted by ILS
Anakin's TK is equal if not superior to Vader's.

Hey? How do you figure that? As a Jedi he was always getting tossed around by Count Dooku's Tk, and Sith Anakin failed to overpower Kenobi's Tk.

His Tk is Maul level at best Imho (minus a couple of very very rare showings like overpowering the Son and Daughter. But that showing actually makes him more powerful than Yoda and Sidious combined).

Nargaroth
Originally posted by DARTH POWER
Hey? How do you figure that? As a Jedi he was always getting tossed around by Count Dooku's Tk, and Sith Anakin failed to overpower Kenobi's Tk.

His Tk is Maul level at best Imho (minus a couple of very very rare showings like overpowering the Son and Daughter. But that showing actually makes him more powerful than Yoda and Sidious combined).

Anakin also moved a Conqueror-class Dreadnaught.

ILS
Originally posted by DARTH POWER

His Tk is Maul level at best Imho (minus a couple of very very rare showings like overpowering the Son and Daughter. But that showing actually makes him more powerful than Yoda and Sidious combined). Dooku is more skilled with the Force, which allows him to land more hits on Anakin, but Anakin is more powerful. Anakin was suffering from CIS during his duel with Obi-Wan, and even if you want to try and ignore that then all it is is an inconsistency, because he has the feats and the statements to suggest he could ragdoll Obi-Wan.

Anakin as a padawan was able to manipulate a Conquer-class Dreadnaught by moving into the path of missiles:
http://static.comicvine.com/uploads/original/12/124590/3753600-2768463288-21392.jpg
http://static.comicvine.com/uploads/original/12/124590/3753601-2399386296-21392.jpg

And for reference to how large these things are, take a look at how one dwarves the size of Anakin's starfighter:
http://static.comicvine.com/uploads/original/12/124590/3753585-1465320455-21392.jpg
http://static.comicvine.com/uploads/original/12/124590/3753586-1532749277-21392.jpg

ILS
Credit to ShootingNova for those scans.

DARTH POWER
Originally posted by ILS
Dooku is more skilled with the Force, which allows him to land more hits on Anakin, but Anakin is more powerful. Anakin was suffering from CIS during his duel with Obi-Wan, and even if you want to try and ignore that then all it is is an inconsistency, because he has the feats and the statements to suggest he could ragdoll Obi-Wan.

I'm not ignoring the CIS part. I'm looking for "consistent" showings (especially in the highest levels of canon). That's why I brought up examples of Jedi Anakin AND Sith Anakin.

If Dooku is more skilled in the force, which allows him to make better use of his Force powers, and attack Skywalker with it instead of the other way around, then that adds to Dooku's overall Tk superiority. And if Dooku's overall Tk ability is better than Anakin's, then you can guarantee that Vader's is as well.

Originally posted by ILS
Anakin as a padawan was able to manipulate a Conquer-class Dreadnaught by moving into the path of missiles:

And for reference to how large these things are, take a look at how one dwarves the size of Anakin's starfighter:

That's the OCW medium which were generally over the top feats. Which is why you have to compare feats with other Jedi/Sith in the same medium.

And that was Padawan Anakin. Well guess what, Jedi Knight Anakin still got overpowered in a Force contest against Dooku. One in which Anakin actually shot first, so if anyone was taken by surprise it was Dooku:

Starts at 1:00-

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Hx4m6lvpgKY

And ends at 1:12 with Anakin on his but and disarmed of his weapon.

It's clear Count Dooku was always solidly above Skywalker in Force Powers (raw power and skill). So please give me a good reason to think Anakin's Tk is more powerful than Dooku's or Vader's and that he can "ragdoll" Kenobi with Tk, when in the movies the only evidence we have is them stalemating, and in TCW all we have is Dooku overpowering Skywalker.

ILS
Darth, that was an example of Dooku's skill, not power. It wasn't raw contest of TK - Dooku made more effective use of alter environment.

There's not really anything to contradict the feats I posted, there are other comics and sources where Anakin performs impressive feats with telekinesis, and in The Complete Encyclopedia it even notes that Anakin is "much more powerful" than Dooku in the Force.

TCW is an absolutely awful source to use for EU Anakin. That show is responsible for butchering so many characters it's not even funny. And I'm not really one for going solely by live action in a discussion between characters with dozens of other novel/comic/sourcebooks feats and statements to go by.

DARTH POWER
Originally posted by ILS
Darth, that was an example of Dooku's skill, not power. It wasn't raw contest of TK - Dooku made more effective use of alter environment.

They went against each other in a TK contest and Anakin lost erm

Dooku's Tk prowess is clearly above Skywalker's.

Originally posted by ILS
There's not really anything to contradict the feats I posted, there are other comics and sources where Anakin performs impressive feats with telekinesis, and in The Complete Encyclopedia it even notes that Anakin is "much more powerful" than Dooku in the Force.

Do you have an exact quote? IN any case, "The Force" isn't only Tk. It was Anakin's Raw force power that was aiding him in overpowering Dooku in a sword fight in ROTS.

That doesn't mean his actualized Tk is above Dooku's. As we saw later against Kenobi. If your argument is Skywalker was emotionally compromised against Kenobi, fair enough. But in that case it was a rare Peak performance against Dooku, and still no proof he could have matched/overpowered him in a Tk contest.

Originally posted by ILS
TCW is an absolutely awful source to use for EU Anakin. That show is responsible for butchering so many characters it's not even funny. And I'm not really one for going solely by live action in a discussion between characters with dozens of other novel/comic/sourcebooks feats and statements to go by.

TCW was T-Canon so above comics/novels in canonocity in the old canon. Arguing to ignore it because it's "butchered characters" is like me arguing we should ignore the films because they make no sense of their inconsistent fights. But be my guest and show me the Eu feats which prove Anakin's actualized Tk ability in combat is above Dooku's on a consistent basis.

Because all TCW has shown us is Dooku overpowering Anakin with Tk, and all the movies have shown us is Sith Anakin stalemating Kenobi in Tk.

ILS
I honestly just can't be bothered to debate this, lol. Simply put, I take the EU over New Canon, or to rephrase, I don't really debate New Canon, because they contradict each other completely. And I still stand by my argument that Dooku has more skill in the Force than Anakin but less power. The instance you brought up was alter environment - Dooku made a cyclone out of the sand and they both spent concentration forming attacks with the sand, that should be enough evidence for you. Dooku won that exchange by virtue of skill, not power.

NewGuy01
That really isn't alter environment, it's using telekinesis to move sand.

DARTH POWER
Originally posted by NewGuy01
That really isn't alter environment, it's using telekinesis to move sand.

Exactly.

Originally posted by ILS
I honestly just can't be bothered to debate this, lol. Simply put, I take the EU over New Canon, or to rephrase, I don't really debate New Canon, because they contradict each other completely. And I still stand by my argument that Dooku has more skill in the Force than Anakin but less power. The instance you brought up was alter environment - Dooku made a cyclone out of the sand and they both spent concentration forming attacks with the sand, that should be enough evidence for you. Dooku won that exchange by virtue of skill, not power.

TCW was part of Legends canon. You might as well ignore the movies in that case. The whole point of labels like "G" and "T" Canon was to deal with inconsistencies. And I'd say it's the OCW (which you used as evidence) is highly inconsistent in portraying force powers compared with other mediums.

The Using "Tk to throw sand at each other" was clearly a power contest. And one started by Skywalker. If there was any skill, then that skill just adds to Actualized Tk Power.

I'm still waiting for the EU feats which make it clear Anakin's TK is greater than Dooku's and Vader's. It will have to be damn good evidence in the light of Anakin consistently getting overpowered by Dooku and stalemating Kenobi in that department.

But I'm guessing the evidence you have are just "feats" against inanimate objects and not properly power scaled to compare to other characters.

carthage
Anakin for a slight majority I guess.

Text-only Version: Click HERE to see this thread with all of the graphics, features, and links.