Darth Vader scene in Spark of Rebellion

Text-only Version: Click HERE to see this thread with all of the graphics, features, and links.

Darth Abonis
Tonight on ABC aired Spark of Rebellion with an added Darth Vader scene at the very beginning, ordering the Inquisitor to hunt down a new fledgling Jedi and his master. Yet.... this was at the beginning of the movie before Kanan and Ezra met and before Kallus faced them. How could the Emperor be able to divine this so efficiently. He didn't even know Luke was on Endor, much a less the EXISTENCE of two Force sensitive's in the galaxy that haven't even done anything yet!!!

Fated Xtasy
Abonis, let's be real here, they probably won't come up with a plot that ties that in perfectly, they just want to shoe in Vader and draw some audience in. I doubt they put any effort as to "how" the Emperor/Vader knows. so putting any thought into this is real just going to be speculation/lousy writing. Just my two cents, good question though.

ares834
Just watched the scene on YouTube and it seems pretty clear that Vader was actually referring to the Skywalkers (or force sensitive children in general) not Ezra. Regardless, Sheev isn't omniscient just because he sees certain things does not mean he can foresee all.

Darth Abonis
Yes I started to realize that now, and I also think that that scene doesn't necessarily take place right before SoR, anywhere from a few months to even 5 years before Rebels.

King Joker
Probably should be in the TV section...

Anyways, Vader was so ****ing amazing. I need more to quench my thirst.

SIDIOUS 66
I take back what I said about the villains in Rebels looking goofy; Vader looked badass.

Originally posted by ares834
Just watched the scene on YouTube and it seems pretty clear that Vader was actually referring to the Skywalkers (or force sensitive children in general) not Ezra. Regardless, Sheev isn't omniscient just because he sees certain things does not mean he can foresee all.

Yeah, he was referring to force sensitive children in general, and any surviving jedi who could find and train them. "seize them or kill them" policy.

The Merchant
Eye would have preferred it if it happened at the end of the episode.

DARTH POWER
Nah it makes more sense at the beginning of the episode. The Inquisitor has been ordered to be on the look out for Jedi younglings, or potential Jedi, and those who might train them. Then at the end of the episode Kallus tells the Inquistior he may have found Jedi, and the Inquisitor smiles.

Originally posted by Darth Abonis
Yet.... this was at the beginning of the movie before Kanan and Ezra met and before Kallus faced them. How could the Emperor be able to divine this so efficiently.

I take it you've forgotten Jedi/Sith can see glimpses of the future sometimes. Sidious especially.

Darth Abonis
Tonight on ABC aired Spark of Rebellion with an added Darth Vader scene at the very beginning, ordering the Inquisitor to hunt down a new fledgling Jedi and his master. Yet.... this was at the beginning of the movie before Kanan and Ezra met and before Kallus faced them. How could the Emperor be able to divine this so efficiently. He didn't even know Luke was on Endor, much a less the EXISTENCE of two Force sensitive's in the galaxy that haven't even done anything yet!!!

How could the Emperor be able to divine this so efficiently

He's got great foresight, but he's not omnipotent. He couldn't sense Luke on Endor, or even that Maul survived.

DARTH POWER
How could the Emperor be able to divine this so efficiently

He's got great foresight, but he's not omnipotent. He couldn't sense Luke on Endor, or even that Maul survived.

His "Vision" of the future here wasn't anywhere near that precise. He just senses "children of the force" being a possible threat in the near future. He didn't say go after a Jedi named Kanan and a Youngling named Ezra.

Ultimately it's Luke who is the real threat to him, and maybe he's the one he's sort of sensing as a future threat, but can't pin down who/what that threat is. So he's ordering a pin down on any young Force sensitives.

Text-only Version: Click HERE to see this thread with all of the graphics, features, and links.