Kong: Skull Island (2016)

Text-only Version: Click HERE to see this thread with all of the graphics, features, and links.

steverules_2

riv6672
Cool, i always found the island fascinating.

marwash22
less human characters, please.

Lestov16
From Max Borenstein, the writer of the shitty 2014 Godzilla and Seventh Son, which looks to be a Hunger-Games-rip-off teen book movie.

Yeah, my hope aren't too high for this

riv6672
Didnt know Godzilla was a shitty movie, or that HG was the only teen book in print.

I have GOT to get on facebook!

The island scenes in the 05 KK movie were my favorites. Great atmosphere. Maybe we'll get to see a whole tribe of giant gorillas. That'd be exciting.

Bentley
Godzilla 2014 wasn't that bad, lots of room for improvement though.

riv6672
Well nothing is perfect.
I can see the difference between me not liking something and it not being good. I also dont assign impossibly high standards to movies/TV. Its very rare you'll catch me saying something is really just awful. I try and save that for special occasions.
I realize these things put me in the minority of course.

On Topic: it'll be great to see Hiddleston out of his excellent Loki role. Looking forward to that.

Lestov16
Originally posted by riv6672
Didnt know Godzilla was a shitty movie, or that HG was the only teen book in print.

I have GOT to get on facebook!

The island scenes in the 05 KK movie were my favorites. Great atmosphere. Maybe we'll get to see a whole tribe of giant gorillas. That'd be exciting.

Good, that means you didn't see and were spared the disappointment.

You're completely right. This teen-book-rip-off thing has been going since Harry Potter and Twilight. HG was just the last good one.

What's on facebook?

You realize these aren't the screenwriters of King Kong, right? Given what we saw in Godzilla, we'll probably get 3 minutes of monsters and loads of exposition from emotionless stock characters, because that's not shitty writing at all!

Esau Cairn
I seriously hope this film is like a homage to King Kong.
More great apes less "we've already seen 'em before" dinosaurs.

Esau Cairn
Rumour has it that Skull Island will exist in the same universe/ time line that Godzilla does...

Dramatic Gecko
How is a prequel of a story based in the 20s/30s going to fit with the Godzilla movie?

They find King Kong on a crashed jet in the arctic?

Esau Cairn
It's a speculation that a sequel to Skull Island may lead to Kong VS Godzilla.

Time Immemorial
Originally posted by Esau Cairn
It's a speculation that a sequel to Skull Island may lead to Kong VS Godzilla.

Sounds like a place Kaz was raised.

Esau Cairn
He hasn't posted in days.

Must've been something YOU said, Time.

I'm innocent. cool

steverules_2
I'm waiting for him to send me a link to a thread already existing about this film

heathjack
I didn't like Godzilla too much it took hour for him to show but I enjoyed king Kong but im hoping for king Kong vs. Godzilla movie.

Flyattractor
Yeah. I got tired of all those Art Film Freaks who tried to make the claim that Godzilla not being in the movie that much was a homage to how the old orginall film was made... I hate those guys.

jinXed by JaNx
Yaaay another two hour CGI bluescreen fest

Kazenji
Originally posted by Bentley
Godzilla 2014 wasn't that bad, lots of room for improvement though.

thumb up

Time Immemorial
Originally posted by steverules_2
I'm waiting for him to send me a link to a thread already existing about this film

laughing laughing

Kazenji
Good to folks on here nothing better to do except ridicule other users.

Time Immemorial
Originally posted by Kazenji
Good to folks on here nothing better to do except ridicule other users.

Huh?

Flyattractor
Welcome to the Internet

Time Immemorial
Originally posted by Flyattractor
Welcome to the Internet

Its funny hearing this from Kaz laughing

Kazenji
Originally posted by Flyattractor
Welcome to the Internet

Pretty much

so many shitheads with nothing better to do.

Esau Cairn
Pretty much

so many shitheads with nothing better to do.

Hmmm nothing better to do like pointing out posters making double posts or calling them idiots for simple mistakes....?

Double standards, Kaz.

Time Immemorial
Hmmm nothing better to do like pointing out posters making double posts or calling them idiots for simple mistakes....?

Double standards, Kaz.

Damn Kaz is back with a vengeance and can't help himself!

Esau Cairn
Esau, Time & Kaz....The ShitHead Pack!!!

BOO YEAH!!!

Time Immemorial
Esau, Time & Kaz....The ShitHead Pack!!!

BOO YEAH!!!

Agreed! laughing out loud

Kazenji
Legendary has pushed‬ from November 4, 2016 to March 10, 2017 and revealed an official synopsis that teases a "an entirely new, distinct timeline"

http://www.superherohype.com/news/324697-legendary-moves-kong-skull-island-to-2017

Kazenji
Micheal Keaton in talks

http://www.comicbookmovie.com/fansites/notyetamovie/news/?a=113285

if he joins we'll have Loki, J. Jonah Jameson & Batman.

steverules_2
Then King Kong is f*cked...

Kazenji
This hasn't been updated in a while, Micheal Keaton & JK Simmons has left the project

Toby Kebbel is in negotiations to join same with Sam Jackson a while back

http://www.joblo.com/movie-news/fantastic-fours-toby-kebbell-packs-his-bags-for-kong-skull-island-230

Esau Cairn
Jackson's gonna be one bad ass Kong!!!

quanchi112
Originally posted by Time Immemorial
Sounds like a place Kaz was raised. laughing out loud

Kazenji
Jackson's gonna be one bad ass Kong!!!

Racist.

Esau Cairn
Racist.

Yes, I petitioned Andy Serkis to play an albino Kong. roll eyes (sarcastic)

Kazenji
Godzilla vs King Kong reportedly in the works as Skull Island moves to Warner Bro's

http://spinoff.comicbookresources.com/2015/09/10/godzilla-vs-king-kong-reportedly-in-the-works-as-skull-island-moves-to-warner-bros/

Adam Grimes
Godzilla would fart him away like a hairy mosquito.

Kazenji
There was alot of bias with the older movies

American version - Kong wins

Japanese version- Godzilla wins.

dynamix
What's a King to a God?

jinXed by JaNx
Godzilla vs King Kong reportedly in the works as Skull Island moves to Warner Bro's

http://spinoff.comicbookresources.com/2015/09/10/godzilla-vs-king-kong-reportedly-in-the-works-as-skull-island-moves-to-warner-bros/

Bout damn time. Sounds like an awesome way to make Godzilla the bad guy again. Send in Kong to fix the problem and help him out as much as possible...,i'm on board for sure. Happy Dance

jinXed by JaNx
Originally posted by dynamix
What's a King to a God?

Kong plus the mechs from pacific rim VS godzilla and a couple other monsters, that's an all out baddassry war. There are no Kings and Gods in that fight.

Esau Cairn
Jackson's Kong was 25 feet on all fours & reached a height of 35 feet standing.
He said, scientifically in real life, a 50 foot creature wouldn't be able to hold its own weight up.

I'm guessing maybe Kong will be up against a juvenile Godzilla...?

Placidity
I don't see any version of Kong beating any Godzilla from the current movies we have.

Kazenji
Tom Hiddleston explains what to expect from Kong: Skull Island

http://www.joblo.com/movie-news/tom-hiddleston-explains-what-to-expect-from-kong-skull-island-159

Bentley
King Kong vs Godzilla almost makes up for the loss of Pacific Rim 2.

Except it totally doesn't :'(

quanchi112
Originally posted by Bentley
King Kong vs Godzilla almost makes up for the loss of Pacific Rim 2.

Except it totally doesn't :'( Pull yourself together.

Kazenji
This movie has started to film its scenes here in Queensland, Australia.

Esau Cairn
This movie has started to film its scenes here in Queensland, Australia.

Groan.
That's not a good sign.

Kazenji
Well they've been in Hawaii a few months back

Sam Jackson even put some pictures up

from what i seen on the tv they're part of Queensland for a desert location, It also showed a military plane lying in the desert and few others things,

Esau Cairn
Oh ok. I thought it was all strictly an Australian production.

Now my 2nd gripe is why the hell does Sam Jackson have to be in it?

I'd like to go through an entire year of movies without seeing him in one feature.

Kazenji
Why the Sam Jackson hate?

Esau Cairn
I don't hate Jackson...I'm just over seeing him cameo for a pay packet in nearly every film with block buster potential.

I seriously think his name stopped adding hype to any movie years ago.

quanchi112
Originally posted by dynamix
What's a King to a God? Titles are meaningless.

Kazenji
Well Sam Jackson is in Sydney now.

Kazenji
_41NDFmZ2ko

playa1258
Hope this film is good.

Patient_Leech
Looks like it could be fun. Looks well filmed anyway, and that's a big plus.

I guess I'm just a little bored with really BIG things being the main draw.

I also don't find Godzilla all that interesting.

ares834
John Goodman vs SLJ...

Take my money!

riv6672
And mine.

Dreampanther
I hope he b!tch slaps them all off his island.

CosmicComet
How big is Kong in this?

He looks kaiju size almost, as opposed to T.Rex size.

Kazenji
^ Basically answered your own question.

CosmicComet
I didn't. I was looking for actual metrics.

In one shot he looked smaller afterall.

Esau Cairn
Originally posted by CosmicComet
How big is Kong in this?

He looks kaiju size almost, as opposed to T.Rex size.

Well this is the "prequel" to Kong versing Godzilla so guess they want the audience to get used to his up-sizing.

From memory, Jackson's Kong was 35 feet on all fours & stood to 50 feet.

Flyattractor
As long as this Kong gets a power boost when he gets zapped by electricity I will be happy.....that and they pull actual wraslin moves on each other.

steverules_2
So this is setting up King Kong vs Godzilla?

jaden101
All I could think when I seen Kong was...family guy Big Jaws...

Zack M
So this is setting up King Kong vs Godzilla?

Looks that way. Movie looks good.

http://www.thebitbag.com/kong-skull-island-set-biggest-king-kong-vs-godzilla/166621

CosmicComet
Originally posted by Zack M
Looks that way. Movie looks good.

http://www.thebitbag.com/kong-skull-island-set-biggest-king-kong-vs-godzilla/166621

He calls Kong only 100 feet tall. That's less than 1/3 as tall as 2014 Godzilla.

He also said this is the biggest we've ever seen Kong.

Factually untrue, seeing as the Japanese King Kong was bigger than that.

ShadowFyre
He looked way over 100 feet tall. His palm was larger than a helicopter and in the scene with him stNding in flames? Or sunset. I say about 200or close to it

CosmicComet
He needs to be at least mid to high 200s to seem like a credible threat to Godzilla.

And he needs some actual powers other than just being a giant animal.

Esau Cairn
Thing is, I'd rather have Kong slightly smaller than Godzilla.

A Kong that can scale buildings & bridges & leap onto Godzilla's back.

I really don't want to see two hulking creatures just stomping & knocking down buildings...those scenes have already been done before.

CosmicComet
100 feet vs 350 feet is not slightly smaller though, that's significantly smaller.

And its no longer credible that he can pose a threat physically. Unless he will get a lot of outside plot help.

I mean, I'm willing to give it a shot though.

Esau Cairn
Yeah but you're assuming Kong will be 100 feet tall.

It's still all assumption at this stage...maybe it's not even a full grown Godzilla he'll be facing.

We don't even know at this stage who we're supposed to be barracking?

People will definitely relate & show more compassion towards Kong if he's small than G.

ShadowFyre
I imagine it will either be multiple kongs or he will be significantly faster. I believe the male kuto was only 150 ft tall to Gojiras 330.

Zack M
http://www.bleedingcool.com/2016/11/16/kong-skull-island-gets-two-posters-showing-hulking-giant/

Posters look really cool.

quanchi112
Kong and Godzilla going at it will or should be amazing. I hope this all pans out and is successful so that comes to pass.

dynamix
h9y6oPka3us

cdtm
Originally posted by ShadowFyre
I imagine it will either be multiple kongs or he will be significantly faster. I believe the male kuto was only 150 ft tall to Gojiras 330.

Radiation boost. Kong grows to Godzilla size for that movie only, and gets lightning breath or something.

Khazra Reborn
This looks pretty cool, I wasn't crazy about the '05 Kong. This one (at least visually) looks a bit more up my alley.

ares834
Looks awful. The first trailer is great but this... Jesus.

MF DELPH
Some tonal issues IMO. When Shake N' Bake showed up I actually cringed (though I like John C. Reilly). The way he hammed it up kinda killed the tension they were trying to build.

playa1258
Looks to have some nice monster action. Will see this.

marwash22
Originally posted by MF DELPH
Some tonal issues IMO. When Shake N' Bake showed up I actually cringed (though I like John C. Reilly). The way he hammed it up kinda killed the tension they were trying to build. i don't completely disagree. But i liked the "you shouldn't have come here" line, that made me chuckle.

i think (i hope) the levity will play well.

Kazenji
Good to finally see Kong himself with this latest trailer but the tone was all over the place, One minute it was serious then comedic and then back again.

steverules_2
Kong doesn't look to be the same size as Godzilla in this..or does he? I can't tell

dynamix
i don't know why, but i thought the scene witht ox emerging out of the water scene was fcking awesome!

Patient_Leech
This looks like it could be fun.

quanchi112
I'll make my decision after this film which Titan I support Kong or Zilla.

ShadowFyre
Godzilla obviously. But this looks pretty good so far.

quanchi112
Originally posted by ShadowFyre
Godzilla obviously. But this looks pretty good so far. We shall see. We haven't seen Kong yet in this film come to play.

Flyattractor
Kong won't have to be all that powerful. 14 Zilla was kind of wimpy when compared to previous zillas.

Kong will be all monkey agile to zillas slow reptile. But they will probably only fight for 10 minutes and we won't get to see it anyway.

quanchi112
Fly is so negative these days.

Esau Cairn
It's 2 big franchises.
Obviously there won't be a definitive winner.

They'll grudge fight then team up against a 3rd protagonist.

Kazenji
Zilla is from the 98 movie, damn noobs.

ShadowFyre
This movie is based like 30 or 40 years before Godzilla fights the MUTOS so I wouldnt be surprised if MONARCH either cybernetically or genetically enhances Kong to be able to fight Godzilla somehow.

jinXed by JaNx
This movie is going to be super duper

Flyattractor
Yes. Pray to what ever Flying Spaghetti Deity you support that they don't Bore this Up like they did Godzilla and Rogue 1.

Please don't let them Fudge Butt Up the Giant Monkey Movie!

Cause if they do.. Damn you Hollywood....DAMN YOU TO HELL! For BORING IT UP!

BruceSkywalker
this film will be freaking awesome despite the naysayers

riv6672
Really looking forward to John C Reilly in this. Hope he isnt a cameo/killed iff immediately character.

tkitna
Originally posted by ares834
Looks awful. The first trailer is great but this... Jesus.

I agree. The first trailer was awesome and then the 2nd made me go,,,,,meh. The movie is probably going to be garbage.

Kazenji
GfhcFf0voRU

Patient_Leech
I'm gonna be looking at reviews for this, looks like it might be a fun one for the big screen.

Samuel L., John C. Reilly, Tom Hiddleston, John Goodman, etc... cool cast.

quanchi112
This could lead to a great matchup with Kong and Godzilla years down the road in 2020.

Patient_Leech
Originally posted by quanchi112
This could lead to a great matchup with Kong and Godzilla years down the road in 2020.

Yeah, that'll probably be stupid, but hopefully this movie will be good.

quanchi112
Originally posted by Patient_Leech
Yeah, that'll probably be stupid, but hopefully this movie will be good. **** no that's what's going to make this great provided this is a hit. Kong and Godzilla. I'll know who I am rolling with next week. Cinematic universes are a fantastic thing.

Surtur
The last Kong film had him fighting dinosaurs. I expect this film to top that.

Surtur
Wait Samuel L Jackson is gonna be in it. I bet you that motherf*cker gets Konged.

Patient_Leech
Originally posted by Surtur
Wait Samuel L Jackson is gonna be in it. I bet you that motherf*cker gets Konged.

He better not have a stupid death like he did in Deep Blue Sea.

Surtur
He better not have a stupid death like he did in Deep Blue Sea.

What? A stupid death scene? He got eaten by a shark, that's a great death scene. What do you have against sharks?

What about Super Sharks?

Rx2cTYCP0Ns

Patient_Leech
What? A stupid death scene? He got eaten by a shark, that's a great death scene. What do you have against sharks?

Sharks are awesome. But his death was too abrupt and not awesome.

Surtur
Sharks are awesome. But his death was too abrupt and not awesome.

Would you rather poor Sam Jackson be forced to endure acting along LL Cool J for long periods of time?!?!

Patient_Leech
Would you rather poor Sam Jackson be forced to endure acting along LL Cool J for long periods of time?!?!

laughing out loud He can act CIRCLES around LL Cool J!

Robtard
Yeah, that'll probably be stupid, but hopefully this movie will be good.

It's literally going to happen, Legendary is releasing Kong this year, 'Godzilla 2' in 2018 and plans for the 'Godzilla Vs Kong' film in 2020. Cinemablend did an article on it about a year or so ago

Surtur
Just watching the trailer though it's almost like..it's Vietnam, but with King Kong lol. I keep expecting to see a shot of them spraying him with Napalm or something.

Just tell me we'll get a prequel where he fights nazi's, somehow.

Robtard
Film's set in 1971 and it has soldiers and Huey's, so that's probably why, you doofus.

BruceSkywalker
i just want Kong to kill Loki and Capt. Marvel

Robtard
Those two are likely surviving. Nick Fury though, he's not making it out alive.

vansonbee
Originally posted by BruceSkywalker
i just want Kong to kill Loki and Capt. Marvel So we have Nick Fury, Cap Marvel and Loki in a Kong movie?

and I'm embarrassed to ask, how is Kong gonna compete on Godzilla level? Godzilla looks much bigger than he is. Is Kong gonna swing around building like a monkey with a spear (tree) and attack Big G that way?

Surtur
Kong is gonna eat the sun because he mistook it for an orange.

Robtard
This Kong's around 100 feet tall, Godzilla (in the last film) was around 350 feet. So they're likely going to increase Kong's size in the 2020 G v KK film. Considering this film is set in the past, what if Kong's a juvenile and still growing.

Flyattractor
Originally posted by vansonbee
So we have Nick Fury, Cap Marvel and Loki in a Kong movie?

and I'm embarrassed to ask, how is Kong gonna compete on Godzilla level? Godzilla looks much bigger than he is. Is Kong gonna swing around building like a monkey with a spear (tree) and attack Big G that way?

Kong will be fast and agile where the Big G will be Strong and Slow. Godzilla won't be able to hit Kong and Kong won't actually be able to hurt Big G with out some kind of BS MacGuffin trickery.

riv6672
Originally posted by Robtard
This Kong's around 100 feet tall, Godzilla (in the last film) was around 350 feet. So they're likely going to increase Kong's size in the 2020 G v KK film. Considering this film is set in the past, what if Kong's a juvenile and still growing.
Nice observation.

steverules_2
Originally posted by Robtard

That or he's gonna eat a nuclear power plant

Robtard
Originally posted by riv6672
Nice observation.

thumb up

That or he's gonna eat a nuclear power plant

There's going to be some plot device, could very well be something like radiation causing him to keep growing and not age/adulthood. You'll notice that in the trailer Jackson's (iirc) character notes that the government already tried nuking Kong to kill him. Which is the same as Godzilla (2014).

ShadowFyre
The nukes were referring to Godzilla. They will most likely captyre Kong and cyborg him up or grow him. They are also looking for a dragon which is probably King Ghidora or maybe Gojira.

Flyattractor
They could always go with the Electric Power Boost angle for the nostalgia.

playa1258
Kong is confirmed by the director to be a juvenile

Esau Cairn
There's also a rumour that this Kong fires "radiated beams" from either his eyes or mouth by the end of the movie.

Patient_Leech
There's also a rumour that this Kong fires "radiated beams" from either his eyes or mouth by the end of the movie.

"Where are my sharks with friggin' laser beams attached to their heads??"

laughing out loud

That will be awesomely hilarious. I hope it's true.

Surtur

Don't..don't toy with us. This better be a rumor.

Esau Cairn
Or radioactive breath...

Kazenji
Sure the "radioactive breath" isn't from the other end.

Esau Cairn
Don't..don't toy with us. This better be a rumor.

Theory is they could possibly nuke the island at the end of the movie & instead of killing Kong, it gives him super powers.

Flyattractor
This movie aint being directed by that English Doof Dr.WHo person that ruined the last Godzilla and Rogue1 movie is it?

Cause I want to like this movie.

Kazenji
What Doctor Who person?

Flyattractor
Guy that directed R1 and G2014. Wasn't he envolved with NuDr.Who?

I thought I heard that somewhere.

Dunno. Just don't want Kong to be BORING like those 2 movies.

Kazenji
You're hearing shit me thinks.

Flyattractor
Well this is the interwebs.....

Kazenji
And coming from someone who believes anything from it.

Flyattractor
I believe NOTHING I hear or see from the Interwebs....I just am saying I have HOPES it aint true.

Kazenji
Sounds like they played it safe going by some reviews that i've read.

Flyattractor
"Playing it Safe" aint always a GOOD THING!

But I sitll hope this movie won't Suck Big Donkey Kong Sized testies.

Kazenji
One of them said he enjoyed it more then Jurassic World.

Flyattractor
That don't mean Jack Shit to me.

Kazenji
That's good for you.

Flyattractor
That is the only persons opinion that matters to me.

Most of the time.

riv6672
This last exchange was worthless, even reading only Kaz's side.

OT:
The trailers have done a good job getting me hyped for this movie. While i'm a confirmed '25 foot Tall Kong' kinda guy, i've come to accept this isnt that version, any more than he was in the original Kong/Godzilla crossover.

<< THERE IS MORE FROM THIS THREAD HERE >>