Never thought i'd say this but

Text-only Version: Click HERE to see this thread with all of the graphics, features, and links.

riv6672
floccinaucinihilipilification.

Saying it out loud hurt my tongue... eek!

Esau Cairn
Hey heh...my tongue, your sister. stick out tongue

riv6672
You know my sister? Weird.

Esau Cairn
Her rep's keeping Herochat alive!

riv6672
Oh you're a lurker?
I thought you actually knew her.

Esau Cairn
Lurker?
That's White Guilt talk!

riv6672
Fool do i look white to you?

Esau Cairn
Dude is this the serious you on KMC?
I was referring to a "White Guilt" comment I made in Herochat that u replied made u laugh out loud in real life...

riv6672
You DO know there's 2 different guys, same username, right?

Bardock42
Originally posted by riv6672

Is the other one as unlikable?

riv6672
Worse.

Bardock42
Oh no!!!!

riv6672
Thats what SHE said!

Esau Cairn

Same sig? Same avatar?
Same sense of humour?

riv6672
Weird, yes?

Esau Cairn
So u won't be PMing me to send u nude pics of me like RIV on HeroChat does?

Last chance.

riv6672
No, i'm good, thanks.
Besides, i dont know who you are there.

Esau Cairn
1st name Bran....

Quincy
Last name Stark

dadudemon
floccinaucinihilipilification.

Saying it out loud hurt my tongue... eek!

That word reminds me of this great satirical Italian song: Prisencolinensinainciusol. It was mocking the Italians who didn't know English and loved any English sounding song...so this artist wrote a song with words that were complete gibberish but were made to sound like English words. Funnily enough, it was a hit in Italy thus proving his point. smile

Song is catchy, too! big grin Listen to it with the volume really high up:

FcUi6UEQh00

Robtard
"All right" isn't complete gibberish, you ass.

dadudemon
Originally posted by Robtard
"All right" isn't complete gibberish, you ass.

Did you watch the video, you idiot?

You should have watched the video, you douche.

Then you could have seen what they were saying, you moron.

I used a screenshot so you could tell what they were saying, you dummy.

Look at how I mocked you while also making each sentence successively longer, you shithead.

http://i.imgur.com/Pvi0JWk.png

Robtard
It's nothing knew to me, Sancty showed me this vid years ago on GS.

Regardless of how they spell it, the "all right" is pronounced in proper English and therefore not "gibberish", so you were still wrong and you're still an ass, you ass.

dadudemon
Regardless of how they spell it, the "all right" is pronounced in proper English and therefore not "gibberish", so you were still wrong and you're still an ass, you ass.

No, it is pronounced, "oll raigth" which is not "all right." smile Listen carefully. Go ahead, go back, listen. You'll hear it. smile

Regardless, it is really not something you should get hung up, on.

"OMG, guys, it's totally not all gibberish!"

Oh man, you've totally undermined the entire point Adriano Celentano's satire. Now it's just a normal song! Yippee!

It's all gibberish, by the way. wink Any words you want to hear are words you want to hear and not actually words.

dadudemon
Here you go, buddy:

http://www.npr.org/templates/transcript/transcript.php?storyId=164206468

"Ever since I started singing, I was very influenced by American music and everything Americans did. So at a certain point, since I like American slang - which, for a singer, is much easier to sing than to sing in Italian - I thought that I would write a song which would only have as its theme the inability to communicate. And to do this, I had to write a song where the lyrics didn't mean anything."

Robtard
Two post and you failed to type: "Ah, you're right again, Robtard. The song isn't fully gibberish, just the vast majority is."

The song is deliberately meant to sound to its intended Italian audience like English spoken with an American accent, but the lyrics are actually pure gibberish, with the exception of the words "all right", spelled in the internet-posted video as "oll raigth". Celentano's intention with the song was to explore communications barriers. "Ever since I started singing, I was very influenced by American music and everything Americans did. So at a certain point, because I like American slang — which, for a singer, is much easier to sing than Italian — I thought that I would write a song which would only have as its theme the inability to communicate. And to do this, I had to write a song where the lyrics didn't mean anything." -Link

dadudemon
Two post and you failed to type: "Ah, you're right again, Robtard. The song isn't fully gibberish, just the vast majority is."

The song is deliberately meant to sound to its intended Italian audience like English spoken with an American accent, but the lyrics are actually pure gibberish, with the exception of the words "all right", spelled in the internet-posted video as "oll raigth". Celentano's intention with the song was to explore communications barriers. "Ever since I started singing, I was very influenced by American music and everything Americans did. So at a certain point, because I like American slang — which, for a singer, is much easier to sing than Italian — I thought that I would write a song which would only have as its theme the inability to communicate. And to do this, I had to write a song where the lyrics didn't mean anything." -Link

You didn't cite your source from Wikipedia:

Kroes, Rob (1993). Cultural Transmissions and Receptions: American Mass Culture in Europe. Austin Tex.: Harry Ransom Humanities Research Center. p. 147. ISBN 978-90-5383-207-3.

I don't think you know what a Primary Source vs. a Secondary Source means. Since I quoted the primary source, you know...the person who actually wrote the song, his interpretation is higher than a secondary opinion. Read this to get a better understanding of why you were wrong from the beginning:

http://www.princeton.edu/~refdesk/primary2.html

So you should have typed, "My bad, dadudemon. I shouldn't use wikipedia for my sources." after I cited that primary source from NPR.

I'll give you a hint: when this song was posted on reddit, the same argument was had until that primary source was found. You're not the first person on the internet to try and claim it was something other than "complete gibberish." There is always that guy: unnecessary and even incorrect pedantry.

Edit - What you're doing is similar to students at UCLA told Ray Bradbury was wrong with his interpretation about what his his novel, Fahrenheit 451, meant. Apparently, it pissed him off so much that he walked out of the talk. How dare the students dictate to him, the author of the novel, what his meant with his novel. smile

Robtard
Incorrect

riv6672
Originally posted by dadudemon
That word reminds me of this great satirical Italian song: Prisencolinensinainciusol. It was mocking the Italians who didn't know English and loved any English sounding song...so this artist wrote a song with words that were complete gibberish but were made to sound like English words. Funnily enough, it was a hit in Italy thus proving his point. smile

Song is catchy, too! big grin Listen to it with the volume really high up:

FcUi6UEQh00
Ha, thats insane!

riv6672
This happens here a lot.
I once spoke to Ice T about how he ragged on cops in some songs but told his listeners to call them for help in others, and how he was chagrined about it.
Posters went in to tell me how he actually felt. stick out tongue

dadudemon
This happens here a lot.
I once spoke to Ice T about how he ragged on cops in some songs but told his listeners to call them for help in others, and how he was chagrined about it.
Posters went in to tell me how he actually felt. stick out tongue

My "favorite" is when posters try to tell you what you meant with a post. Like, "o rly? you are telepathic and knew exactly what I meant, eh?" Many people on the internet are always on a witch hunt: constantly wearing their insecurities on their shoulders and occupying large portions of their free trying to point out faults in ideas, comments, words, or people on the internet.

Edit - I should note that Robtard was not doing that. He was just trolling and I played along because I was bored, too. big grin

Bardock42
You lie a lot though

Time Immemorial
Originally posted by Bardock42
You lie a lot though

http://www.drindustrial.com/graphics/CDs/L/LiesDamnedLies/LiesDamnedLies.jpg

riv6672
Originally posted by dadudemon
My "favorite" is when posters try to tell you what you meant with a post. Like, "o rly? you are telepathic and knew exactly what I meant, eh?" Many people on the internet are always on a witch hunt: constantly wearing their insecurities on their shoulders and occupying large portions of their free trying to point out faults in ideas, comments, words, or people on the internet.

Edit - I should note that Robtard was not doing that. He was just trolling and I played along because I was bored, too. big grin
Boredom is the devil's trampoline...

Text-only Version: Click HERE to see this thread with all of the graphics, features, and links.