Serial Killer movies

Text-only Version: Click HERE to see this thread with all of the graphics, features, and links.

TinyDancer99
Okay, so I'd like to start a discussion about what's currently in my DVD player. I recently received a Serial Killer box set with movies about Dahmer, Ted Bundy and Ed Gein. Totally scary, I'm completely not ready to watch these a. alone, b. with the lights off or c. without squeezing the stuffing out of my poor abused teddy bear.

Anyways, my mind started to wander because I like to torture myself--anyone think of other movies based on Serial Killers??? Maybe I'll get over my fear if I watch a whole bunch!

Thomas H
Boring!

Thomas H
hate movies like that!

turin
so did you buy those DVD's? that seems kind of morbid, no offense.

Augeybana
That ED Gein movie was pretty freaky but pretty good.

GordonSkywalker
Those type of movies would freak even me out!(looks for a flashlight)

Augeybana
Yeah some are pretty gruesome.And some are weird like that movie Summer Of Sam.

preston mullins
Go rent "Henry, Portrait of a Serial Killer." It stars that guy who was Tom Cruise's nemesis in "Days of Thunder." It is a very disturbing movie and almost too real. It's perfect for someone trying to get into these types of movies. But be warned, life sometimes imitates art, so don't watch too many of these movies all at once, you know what I mean?

Oh yeah, if you haven't seen "The Texas Chainsaw Massacre," you must check that one out too. And I'm talking about the original, not the remakes or the sequels.

BackFire349
henry portrait of a serial killer is the best serial killer movie by far. puts ted bundy, dahmer ed gein, and gacy to shame. its by far the most brutal and realistic look into the mind of a sociopath and is one of th ebest horror movies ever made. other then that, most of them arent worth your time. again, henry-portrait of a serial killer is the only one you need to see. Texas chainsaw massacre is more of a slasher movie then a psycological look into the mind of a mad man, like the ones you mentioned are.... but its still a masterpiece and is worth a viewer. and while we're talking about horror movies, last house on the left is a great one as well, about 2 girls who get kidnapped and killed, and the killers end up in the home of one of hte girls parents, the parents find out what they did, and all hell breaks loose. but henry, definately the best.

Augeybana
Yeah.The sequels with sucked it made no sense it wa sstupid what that girl who starred in it she from that new movie Chicago..Damn I frogot but her character was stupid in real life she would be the first to be dead and that's a fact.

BackFire349
reene zelwigger.

Augeybana
Yeah thats the girl her character would have died first.

ChinaNiki
There is a Chuck Bronson movie loosley based on Richard Speck, who killed a bunch of nurses in Ohio (I think). I think a tv movie was made about that female serial killer from Florida. I beleive her last name starts with a W. Obviously any movie based on Jack the Ripper. There is an old movie starring Tommy Lee Jones as a serial killer out West somewhere. I think his first name was Gary. Also, I think a movie was made about the Zodiac Killer, but I'm not sure when. Also, Helter Skelter is about Charles Manson. Do you prefer actual serial killer movies, fictional characters (Jason, Freddy, and Micheal would fall into this category) or both?

Godshinto
I have to say my favorite serial killers are Jack the Ripper and Ted Bundy.

ladygrim
same jack the ripper rocks

rayj
Gacy was pretty ****ed up (low budget) but it was still pretty creepy

Cinemaddiction
My vote still goes to "Monster". "Henry" is so tame, lol.

roundisfunny
For my money, "Man Bites Dog" was the most overall disturbing serial killer movie, albeit about a non-existent killer.

Second is "Confessions of a Serial Killer", loosely based on Henry Lee Lucas.

I rented several of the recent serial killer movies, and here's my take on them:

1) Bundy--the best of the bunch. Well scripted and executed (no pun intended).

2) Gacy--had its moments, but a little too slow-moving.

3) Ed Gein--again, not much they could do, since he only killed a couple of people. Somewhat entertaining, though.

4) Dahmer--mostly boring; focused WAY too much on his gayness.

5) Night Stalker--crap.

6) Monster--not horrible, but definitely not worth all the hooplah.

And chinaniki--I vaguely remember the one with Bronson, but I remember distinctly how it ended (with Bronson facing down the killer who bragged that he would live on in prison and become a celebrity, that he might even avoid prison altogether, yelling "You'll hear from me again!" To which Bronson replied, "No we won't," and he shot the guy in the head as the police were pulling up)

bardock
i hate monster. i porobably wouldnt hate it as much if it wasnt so hyped but since it was and it was a let down i hate it even more.

Text-only Version: Click HERE to see this thread with all of the graphics, features, and links.