Talzin vs Plagueis

Text-only Version: Click HERE to see this thread with all of the graphics, features, and links.

Nephthys
Thinking about Talzin atm. Want to see what y'all think about her too.

Dathomir. Peaks.

Stigma
I'm thinking... Sidious>Plagueis>Talzin

Selenial
Probably Plageuis. Damn close though
6/10

Aurbere
Plagueis.

Nalaniel
Plagueis.

Sinious
Originally posted by Selenial
Probably Plageuis. Damn close though

Agreed.

Selenial
Wait, changed it.

On Dathomir, Talzin.

Sinious
Originally posted by Selenial
Wait, changed it.

On Dathomir, Talzin.

I assumed it was damn close cause its on Dathomir in the first place mad

Selenial
Originally posted by Sinious
I assumed it was damn close cause its on Dathomir in the first place mad

Depends on how highly you rank Plageuis, I put him below ROTS Sidious.

ILS
Talzin is a pretty abhorrent swordfighter when you take a real look at her fights. For instance, she didn't really contend with Windu. She slashed wildly at him, he backed off. They blade lock for a bit then it goes off-screen. When you come back to them they're still blade-locking, so it seems like there wasn't much of a lightsaber duel taking place at all. In Dooku's body which she had full control of, Sidious pretty easily stomped her. Even though she had little experience with a lightsaber, nevermind a curved hilt, there's still not much to suggest she would have done any better against Sidious with her own sword.

In terms of Force abilities all she has done is create half decent illusions, alter the weather off-Dathomir, tk'd pre-TPM Maul, destroyed some droids with emerald lightning, and threw up a barrier which repelled some blaster bolts.

During her fight with Sidious, she briefly met his lightning evenly and then rapidly began being overpowered. She threw up a barrier for a long time, which is good in terms of defensive abilities, but she hasn't shown very much at all in terms of offensive Force powers.

Plagueis on the other hands has shown high levels of offensive telekinetic power, pretty potent lightning, vastly superior Force speed, strength and lightsaber skill. Talzin could hold off his lightning and telekinesis, but she hasn't got much in the way of offence for dealing with Plagueis. Which can only lead to a physical bout between them in which Plagueis would take victory handily.

Selenial
I wouldn't take the wild slashes too far ILS, that's how all TCW fights are portrayed, at least most of them. Ventress, Grevious and others all do the same thing.

Nargaroth
Plagueis

Sinious
I think Sidious surpassed Plagueis around AOTC, probably earlier even. Him being below Sidious doesn't mean much here though. Even on Dathomir, I think Plagueis has this.

Selenial
Also, you forget where this is.

She can dissolve into just, has been able to senselessly torture and kill Dooku, and even make people invisible...

ILS
"I wouldn't take the wild slashes too far ILS, that's how all TCW fights are portrayed, at least most of them. Ventress, Grevious and others all do the same thing."

Even then.. what does that fight really show in terms of technical skill? Doesn't conclude that she's Mace's peer anyway, and after that there's still nothing to suggest in terms of physical ability or skill that Plagueis wouldn't decimate her.

"She can dissolve into just, has been able to senselessly torture and kill Dooku, and even make people invisible.."

She didn't dissolve into dust when she fought Sidious, and I believe she did that because her power was waning anyway. Not like it would help in a fight anyway. She tortured Dooku with a ritual, not in a combat scenario, same thing with the invisibility ritual which has no bearing on combat either. Plagueis engulfing a landscape with lightning and nigh-atomizing assassins shows greater offensive power than anything Talzin has produced by a fair margin.

Selenial
She didn't do it in her duel with Sidious because she refused to leave Maul behind.

She used a ritual, but if she flees she has time for rituals.

And can we please remember she was weakened during that battle?

ILS
Turning into dust isn't going to help her win a fight. Fleeing from battle = a loss. You get to do rituals during prep time, not in a fight, and even then Talzin has little defence from Plagueis just speedblitzing her.

How was she weakened?

NewGuy01
Sidious surpassed Plagueis the moment he killed him.

Selenial
Originally posted by ILS
Turning into dust isn't going to help her win a fight. Fleeing from battle = a loss. You get to do rituals during prep time, not in a fight, and even then Talzin has little defence from Plagueis just speedblitzing her.

How was she weakened?

Why is that a loss? The whole planet is their battleground for a reason.

"The process may weaken her, I will prepare her chamber."

FreshestSlice
Originally posted by NewGuy01
Sidious surpassed Plagueis the moment he killed him.
Weren't they supposedly saturating most of the Dark Side inside themselves? It'd make sense that the moment Plagueis died, the more power Sidious would have access to. To be honest, the novel had a few, of a ton, of really stupid points.

The_Tempest
Originally posted by FreshestSlice
Weren't they supposedly saturating most of the Dark Side inside themselves? It'd make sense that the moment Plagueis died, the more power Sidious would have access to. To be honest, the novel had a few, of a ton, of really stupid points.

thumb up

Pretty good read, but definitely some dumb shit in it.

Revanchiste
Sidious>Plagueis not so evident.... (He kill him during hisleep but he could'nt not learn all from him before Plagueis death.. So does he surpass.. I clearly don't know...)
But anyways...
Plagueis>Talzin.... EEeeeer does this topic need to exist????
O.K The god emperor from warhammer 40 000 V.S a random character of my little pony...
Same kind of figth....

To alternative rename it Plagueis V.S sidious.
Or juste cimply end the discussion before .. err before something bad happen...

Nephthys
The God Emperor is no match for the power of friendship. estahuh

DarthAnt66
Originally posted by Revanchiste
The god emperor from warhammer 40 000 V.S a random character of my little pony...
watch?v=Rs-dmlEDDkE

Revanchiste
The only one cappable to take down The god empeor is plagueis From SW....
No matter how powerfull you are...
This guy have only one limit : His mind... I'm making nerd figth between star war and warhammer. Eeeer god emperor gloooops cappble of summon 41247951235413697131489631479631 warships in 0. 00000000000000000000000000000000000000000000000000
00000000000001second !!!!
XDXD Even Vitiate Exaar Kuun Palpatine Naga Sadow Larka Ragnos Plagueis.. Don't have such expotential of exponteial of expotential of X^X power !!!

DarthAnt66
@NewGuy01 @Emperordmb @Intrepid37 @KingJoker: Banjo has returned...

Emperordmb
He actually reminds me more of DarthBoy, but both are Sith's socks, so whatever.

Revanchiste
XD Warhammer is eeerrr warhammer 40 000...
Pony don't have the mental strengh to survive n warhammer 30/40 000 universe...

They will just kill their self of sadness, because in warhammer 40 000 there is only war.

Yhea Marvel V.S nintendo eerr totaly Broken.... Now Wharmmer V.S marvel....
I said broken not unfair !!!!
Warhammer 40 000 calibrations of canon numbers :
Put them at the maximum as your computer can support and 'ere we go.

carthage
Plagueis.

Who is this Banjo to all of the other SWF posters here?

DarthAnt66
Originally posted by carthage
Plagueis.

Who is this Banjo to all of the other SWF posters here?
You were never in chat (not sure why, but you never were).
He was a sock of Sith who spammed chat and was just weird af.

carthage
He was a poster before I registered there if I recall. The forum was active for a year and a half before I signed up.

He posts like that Darthboy guy though.

DarthAnt66
He posts like Darthboy because they are both the same person... Sith.

Text-only Version: Click HERE to see this thread with all of the graphics, features, and links.