Qui-Gon Jinn and Obi-Wan Kenobi(TPM) Vs Count Dooku

Text-only Version: Click HERE to see this thread with all of the graphics, features, and links.

Fated Xtasy
Good guys Vs Bad guy.

same scenario as Anakin/Obi's fight with Dooku in ROTS.

just debate.

Sorry if this has been done before.

XSUPREMEXSKILLZ
Count Dooku trounces them.

carthage
Originally posted by XSUPREMEXSKILLZ
Count Dooku trounces them.

ILS
Considering TPM Maul was on the verge of defeating them I doubt Dooku is going to have any issue. He could stomp them both with the Force, outduel them, or do a bit of both.

Trocity
The Count shits so bad.

ILS
Dooku would wipe them out with the Force, but in terms of raw skill, they could collectively provide a challenge for Dooku. But they wouldn't, because Dooku knows Ataru inside and out and in particular Jinn's fighting style, so even in a sabers only fight he'd destroy them because of how familiar he is with their techniques and how good he is at exploiting weakness/taking on duos.

DARTH POWER
Spite thread.

Fated Xtasy
Originally posted by DARTH POWER
Spite thread.

eh, considering how much people underrate Jinn, i expected these kinds of responses.

but whatever, I think team Jinn gives dooku a good fight, but they'll mostly likely end up losing.

Nephthys
Dooku >> TPM Maul.

FreshestSlice
There's really no debate here.

Fated Xtasy
Originally posted by Nephthys
Dooku >> TPM Maul.

Well duh! lmao, of course Dooku is > Maul. Just saying people underrate Jinn a lot, i just went through Nova's respect thread and I kind of moved Jinn up a few levels. Here's the thread if anyone's interested:

http://www.comicvine.com/profile/shootingnova/blog/qui-gon-jinn-respect-thread/97359/

FreshestSlice
TPM Maul was well above Jinn. That's what Neph is saying. Dooku will lolstomp. Kenobi would probably definitely be one-shotted.

NewGuy01
Ridiculous. So you think highly of Qui-Gon and not Saesee, despite the former also having nothing but accolades and sparring matches to his name?

Anyway, if we're ignoring the fact that Dooku organized a response to counter every single sequence in his apprentice's technique, then Dooku takes this with even greater ease than Maul did--without using the force.

Nalaniel
Dooku.

DARTH POWER
Originally posted by Fated Xtasy
eh, considering how much people underrate Jinn, i expected these kinds of responses.

but whatever, I think team Jinn gives dooku a good fight, but they'll mostly likely end up losing.

Yeah so compare him to Ventress, Kenobi or Kit Fisto. Not Count frigging Dooku!

Nargaroth
Yeah so compare him to Ventress, Kenobi or Kit Fisto. Not Count frigging Dooku!

Not that those people you mentioned are far below Dooku anyway. They're all Tier 8 duellists.

Fated Xtasy
Originally posted by NewGuy01
Ridiculous. So you think highly of Qui-Gon and not Saesee, despite the former also having nothing but accolades and sparring matches to his name?

Before you bring yourself to rant on me for not taking Saesee's tiin's supposed greatness, why not take a look at the accomplishments of Qui-Gon or any other Jedi for that matter.

- Qui-Gon breaks a swords with a powerful blow. What has Saesee tiin done?
- Through sheer strength Qui-Gon throws Xanatos several meters away. What has Saesee Tiin done?
- Darth Maul notes that in their duel on Tatooine. Qui-Gon is quote "Never off balance" and that their blows send "Shivers" through mauls body. When has Sasee Tiin done something similiar?

Having accolades is great, however besides his accolades and a few showings here and there Saesee Tiin is relatively weak. Qui-Gon has both accolades and feats to support him

This isn't me saying Qui-Gon > Dooku, because that is simply not true. But Unless Saesee Tiin has an actual dueling feat that doesn't end with his death, I'm not buying his supposed mastery. As a TK user, he's good, very good. But Give me a decent dueling feat of his(that isn't a damn sparring match) and then i'll concede to his supposed greatness with the blade. But for now, I'll put characters with actual feats to support their accolades above him(i.e Kit Fisto, Plo Koon, Ki-adi Mundi. Depa Billaba, Shaak Ti etc)

So don't assume that i have double standards, Jinn has more then Just "accolades & sparring matches" to his name, unlike your Saesee Tiin.

DARTH POWER
Originally posted by Nargaroth
Not that those people you mentioned are far below Dooku anyway. They're all Tier 8 duellists.

Who the heck said Ventress and Fisto were Level 8's? Don't make your own opinions into facts.

And I take it you completely missed how badly Dooku has beaten Ventress and Kenobi.

Nargaroth
Who the heck said Ventress and Fisto were Level 8's? Don't make your own opinions into facts.

And I take it you completely missed how badly Dooku has beaten Ventress and Kenobi.

Except that Dooku has never dominated them in a pure duel, he only wrecked them with Force, which is not relevant to duelling skil. Kit Fisto was stated to be better than Kenobi anyway, and Ventress has fought evenly with Anakin, whom as of TCW is certainly in Tier 8.

NewGuy01
I was talking about skill, which this has nothing to do with. Besides, Mace implied that Saesee Tiin is physically stronger than he is, which is better than breaking a sword... with a lightsaber. erm

Saesee Tiin has also thrown thugs "several meters", and has deflected fire from a dozen shoters while holding a full grown man on his shoulder. no expression

Didn't stop Maul from kicking his ass in their second fight.

The same could be said for Qui-Gon.

Not really. He has the accolade of being one of the most able swordsmen in the Order's history, and he humbled Anoon Bondara in a sparring match. Other than that, Qui-Gon is, as you would put it, "relatively weak".

He is pretty good, but people forget it's not his biggest game with the Force. Saesee's greatest ability is his telepathy, and the numerous ways he uses it, which includes reading the minds of his opponents to predict and counter their every move.

And if you think that this doesn't apply to Jedi, you'd be very wrong.

"in combat, telepaths do have a distinct edge. Even if one fights by instinct and reflex, most cannot stop themselves from emitting monosyllabic thoughts that project their next movement. During my training bouts at the Jedi Temple, my opponents unwittingly revealed their every move, allowing me that crucial fraction of a moment that enabled me to be the one who would remain standing."

-Saesee Tiin, in Jedi vs Sith--The Essential Guide to the Force

At one point, he even probed Qui-Gon's mind without the latter's consent, implying that this tactic would also be effective against him.

thumb up

But that isn't true. You've only provided feats of physical enhancement, which Saesee has plenty of.

Other than his "accolades & sparring matches", Qui-Gon has nothing to say for his skill other than defeating his featless Padawan. I am absolutely assuming you have double standards.

ILS
Jinn contending with Maul despite being weaker, slower and unfamiliar with his Saberstaff absolutely gives him something to speak of in terms of skill. True, Maul is more skilled than Jinn but not so much that Jinn wasn't a real challenge for him.

Trocity
Jinn competed with Maul who competed with Sidious who blitzed Tiin smokin'

...Unless of course, Sidious wasn't going all out in that duel, then my ABC logic falls apart completely. embarrasment

FreshestSlice
Jinn defeated Obi-Wan, who defeated Anakin, who defeated Dooku. Jinn lolstomps. So does Obi-Wan.

Trocity
Your ABC is better.

Fated Xtasy
*snip* .

I really don't have time for this, You wanna debate Saesee Tiin> Qui-gon, then make a thread about it. I'll answer when i can, but i'm dealing with something important atm. so do what you want.

NewGuy01
If you're just going to ignore me, then don't waste my time making it seem like you're looking to have a meaningful discussion.

XSUPREMEXSKILLZ
If you're just going to ignore me, then don't waste my time making it seem like you're looking to have a meaningful discussion.

There is no meaningful discussion with such insignificant combatants. evil face

Marco1907
Qui-Gon Jiin > Saesee Tiin

I can prove this all day.

As for the topic yeah Dooku wins, but Qui-Gon can give him a better fight than Obi-Wan ever did, Qui-Gon knows Dooku's style very well, and Qui-Gon can produce more raw strength and kinetic power than Obi-Wan.

FreshestSlice
Contrary to popular belief, to prove something you have to actually show proof.

DarthAnt66
Originally posted by FreshestSlice
Contrary to popular belief, to prove something you have to actually show proof.
http://media.giphy.com/media/abLoBQ4MPFJ5K/giphy.gif

Fated Xtasy

Alright three things:

#1. This has nothing to do with my thread, you brought it up. Continuing this convo in a thread that has nothing to do with them, is a bit foolish.

#2. I'm more than happy to discuss this with you, but this thread isn't the place for it, make the thread and we'll debate it in the same style that i am currently debating Bantha with.

#3 and the most important one, you brought Sasee Tiin up and started to accuse me of double-standards and Bias, you started this at a time where I was busy with something very important and I kindly stated that i did not have time for a dragged out discussion as i was dealing some much more important and I asked for you to create a thread if you wanted to have a debate about it, instead you wasted your time by making a remark.

Do what you want, either make the thread and debate with me or continue to waste time by making a remark about something or other. Either choice is perfectly fine with me.

XSUPREMEXSKILLZ
Xtasy's got you there, Sas. Randomly bringing up his alleged double standards of Saesee Tiin and then say he's the one looking for meaningful discussion in a thread that has nothing to do with Tiin is a bit silly.

Emperordmb
Xtasy's got you there, Sas. Randomly bringing up his alleged double standards of Saesee Tiin and then say he's the one looking for meaningful discussion in a thread that has nothing to do with Tiin is a bit silly.

NewGuy01
-snip-

Fair enough. Was just annoyed by the blatant dismissal.

BTW--Starting Corellia on SWTOR evil face

DarthAnt66
GETTING ON NOW

NewGuy01
Huh? Is that exciting to you?

DarthAnt66
YEZSDFADFG

Text-only Version: Click HERE to see this thread with all of the graphics, features, and links.