Lady Siff vs Captain America

Text-only Version: Click HERE to see this thread with all of the graphics, features, and links.

Time Immemorial
Fight in Time Square

Standard Equipement.

FrothByte
Uh yeah... pretty sure this is a guaranteed win for Sif.

Time Immemorial
Why?

FrothByte
Well for one thing, Asgardians have superior durability and strength. An asgardian farmer proved that he couldn't be cut with a tactical knife. No Asgardian has been injured with bullets. Sif tanked bullets. Asgardians also easily push around cars and bend steel. Plus Sif is considered one of their top line warriors. Cap is just physically outclassed.

DTM
I think this is a solid fight, but I see Sifs superhuman endurance and staying power helping her to outlast Cap, and eventually win in the end.

Placidity
Originally posted by FrothByte
An asgardian farmer proved that he couldn't be cut with a tactical knife. .

Is this in a movie?

An Asgardian warrior was stabbed with an ice shard.

No Asgardian has been injured with bullets.

Is that because none have been shot in the flesh?

All I know is Thor desperately ducked to avoid a hail of bullets.

Also, pierced by ice.

Sif tanked bullets.

Don't remember this. Not saying it didn't happen, but please remind me.

Asgardians also easily push around cars and bend steel.

Fallacy:

Thor can push car/bend steel.

Thor is an Asgardian

Therefore, all Asgardians can push cars/bend steel.

FrothByte
Originally posted by Placidity
Is this in a movie?

An Asgardian warrior was stabbed with an ice shard.

Is that because none have been shot in the flesh?

All I know is Thor desperately ducked to avoid a hail of bullets.

Also, pierced by ice.

Don't remember this. Not saying it didn't happen, but please remind me.

Fallacy:

Thor can push car/bend steel.

Thor is an Asgardian

Therefore, all Asgardians can push cars/bend steel.

Most of these happened in agents of Shield. Sif got shot with a shotgun. An asgardian farmer pushed around cars and crumpled a tactical knife in his hand. Loki has also been shot with bullets and an exploding arrow with no consequences.

Lestov16
Maybe I'm wrong, as I don't watch the show, but I think Siff has some feats from AoS that put her firmly in superhuman territory. IIRC, I remember a clip where a female Asgardian villain backhanded a dude at least 50 yards into a truck. I don't see how Cap is taking any Asgardian.

Psychotron
Sif wins if the show feats count.

KingD19
Sif wins. But Asgardians/Loki have not shown to be bulletproof. They have only been shot in their armor or shields, which are definitively bulletproof.

Firefly218
Originally posted by KingD19
Sif wins. But Asgardians/Loki have not shown to be bulletproof. They have only been shot in their armor or shields, which are definitively bulletproof.

Loki has been shown to be bullet proof. He got hailed with bullets and tanked all of them. Coulson shot Loki with the biggest gun he could find... Loki tanked it.

Loki is a frost giant though, so...

KingD19
Originally posted by Firefly218
Loki has been shown to be bullet proof. He got hailed with bullets and tanked all of them. Coulson shot Loki with the biggest gun he could find... Loki tanked it.

Loki is a frost giant though, so...

His armor got hailed with bullets. You can see the impact sparks and hear the bullets clanking off the metal.

And that gun was an energy blast. Different than a bullet. Also his armor no doubt took a lot of that hit considering how durable Asgardian armor is.

Robtard
Not all Asgardians are equal, so using Thor's durability as a baseline is faulty.

Sif did take a shotgun at close to point-blank in MAOS, not sure if her armor or her skin tanked it. There was that Asgardian nobody (Peter MacNicol) in one ep on MAOS that casually grabbed and twisted a knife-blade with his bare hand, sustaining no damage. So even the lowest of Asgardians are very durable.

I'm pretty sure Sif's physically stronger than Rogers. She should be a more skilled fighter, at least with swords/spear.

KingD19
It was her armor. The video pretty clearly shows impact spark as well as the sound of bullet on metal. She was also blocking pistol rounds with her shield. If she was bulletproof that wouldn't be necessary.

Firefly218
If she was bulletproof that wouldn't be necessary.

Humans are rain proof, but we still carry umbrellas

Silent Master
Guns are something that the Asgardians have never really had to face before, so it makes sense to dodge/block the attacks...that in itself doesn't prove that the bullets would injure them.

Hell, Thor blocked a couple of Chitauri energy blasts; yet we have seen him tank far greater energy attacks.

Time Immemorial
It was her armor. The video pretty clearly shows impact spark as well as the sound of bullet on metal. She was also blocking pistol rounds with her shield. If she was bulletproof that wouldn't be necessary.

PngzUEsOZZI

Min 1:12, Takes bullets to the face.

Robtard
I paused it, it does look like he took a couple rounds to the face and it made his head whip sideways. Good find.

But Loki isn't an Asgardian, he's runt Frost Giant that Odin changed his appearance.

Time Immemorial
Originally posted by Robtard
I paused it, it does look like he took a couple rounds to the face and it made his head whip sideways. Good find.

But Loki isn't an Asgardian, he's runt Frost Giant that Odin changed his appearance.

He is more Asgardian than he is Frost Giant because he does not break like Frost Giants do when they get hit.

FrothByte
Originally posted by Robtard

Maybe, but considering that no one ever thought he was different, not even Loki, means that he probably was physically much like any asgardian. I mean, it's not like anyone mentioned whether he was more or less durable than the average asgardian.

Time Immemorial
He is definitely more Asgardian than Frost Giant after Odin's magic and the process was basically permanent. The only time he progresses back to frost giant looks is when close to frost giant magic or touched by them. If he was still a actual frost giant he would have been broken in pieces from beating like Thor, Hulk and being hit with the destroyer weapon.

Robtard

Time Immemorial

FrothByte
To be fair, what Frost Giant qualities has shown anyway? He turned blue and that was about it. He didn't grow in size. His face and shape didn't change to match those of Frost Giants. He didn't show any skill towards ice or cold manipulation.

I'd say it's his Frost Giant heritage that's only skin deep (thus only changing in skin color). Everything else about him is Asgardian.

Anyway back on topic, I don't see Cap putting any lasting hurt on Sif. Sif for the win.

Time Immemorial
To be fair, what Frost Giant qualities has shown anyway? He turned blue and that was about it. He didn't grow in size. His face and shape didn't change to match those of Frost Giants. He didn't show any skill towards ice or cold manipulation.

I'd say it's his Frost Giant heritage that's only skin deep (thus only changing in skin color). Everything else about him is Asgardian.

Very good point

Newjak
I think the point that needs to be made is that Loki was never considered tougehr than any of the other Asagrdians he was with.

IF his fight with Cap is any indication which it very well should be. Cap just is not capable of physically matching any Asgardians comparable to Loki. In fact it seems heavily implied that in terms of fighting prowess Loki was the least capable person out their group.

So Sif should have at least as easy a time as Loki did if not a better chance.

TheVaultDweller
Siff whoops Steve.

Loki was toying with him when they fought, and let himself get captured to further his plans. If he, or any of the actual skilled Asgardians, got serious with Steve, Cap would get his ass kicked.

Text-only Version: Click HERE to see this thread with all of the graphics, features, and links.