Orbalisk Bane vs. Revan Reborn

Text-only Version: Click HERE to see this thread with all of the graphics, features, and links.

Stigma

Nephthys
On Korriban? Bane whoops him.

Trocity
Bane with orbies + bloodlusted on Korriban = gg for Revan.

Bane wins.

Stigma
Well, Revan is also amped by a nexus.

Trocity
I'm aware.

Nephthys
Even with them both amped from a nexus, Bane is solidly above Revan. Revan's only hope for a win is to reflect lightning at him.

Nalaniel
Bane solidly.

Nargaroth
Probably Bane, but Revan has the right tools to defeat him. If Bane fires lightning at him, Revan would certainly be able to send it back, and in that case, Bane is dead.

AncientPower
Revan amped can easily dispatch Bane with FLS or you know launch at him the countless amounts of rocks, etc.... including the big ass stone towers and statues.

Nephthys
Originally posted by Nargaroth
Probably Bane, but Revan has the right tools to defeat him. If Bane fires lightning at him, Revan would certainly be able to send it back, and in that case, Bane is dead.

Not necessarily. Bane got fvcked up so badly by his lightning because it surprised him and it was so close that he didn't have time to defend himself. With enough time to react, he could possibly block it with his lightsaber enough to reduce the power enough for the orbalisks to absorb the attack.

DarthAnt66
Originally posted by Nalaniel
Bane solidly.

Nephthys
Originally posted by Stigma
*grabs popcorn and waits for Ant and Neph to go at it* stick out tongue

Too bad. big grin

DarthAnt66
thumb up Revan isn't winning this one. Bane's recklessness and strength is the perfect counter to Revan's precognition.

XSUPREMEXSKILLZ
The most powerful incarnation of the Sith'ari takes this fight. Is this the newest Revan, btw? If so, it should be closer.

DarthAnt66
This is Revan Reborn, not Dark!Revan. wink

XSUPREMEXSKILLZ
Revan Reborn v.2 > Dark!Revan

DarthAnt66
Originally posted by XSUPREMEXSKILLZ
Revan Reborn v.2 > Dark!Revan
Oh... I never considered this being Revan Reborn 2.0 :mmm:

DarthAnt66
Hm, Revan's display against the Strike Force was superior then Bane and Zannah's display.
He took on a far superior team that was amped by greater battle meditation solo, and managed to nearly best them.

Nargaroth

AncientPower
How is ROT Bane > DOE Bane?

The novel makes pretty clear that though DOE Bane lost his sheer raw strength and ferocity gifted to him by rage, he has only increased in skill as a duelist and apparently had a clearer mind to.

Isn't it even said that Zannah might have even preferred Orbane because he became a lot smarter in his approach?

Nargaroth
Originally posted by AncientPower
How is ROT Bane > DOE Bane?

The novel makes pretty clear that though DOE Bane lost his sheer raw strength and ferocity gifted to him by rage, he has only increased in skill as a duelist and apparently had a clearer mind to.

Isn't it even said that Zannah might have even preferred Orbane because he became a lot smarter in his approach?

I only recall that he became less reckless (obviously), but I don't remember Zannah preferring Orbane over DOE Bane.

NewGuy01
lol Neph

Nephthys
Originally posted by DarthAnt66
Hm, Revan's display against the Strike Force was superior then Bane and Zannah's display.
He took on a far superior team that was amped by greater battle meditation solo, and managed to nearly best them.

http://www.chineseenglish.com/wp-content/uploads/2009/11/chickens_irs_dependents_hatch_381195.jpg

Nargaroth
Uhm, i guess we'd better rename this thread Neph vs Ant big grin

I think I'll grab some popcorns.

S_W_LeGenD
Revan > Bane

DarthAnt66
Originally posted by Nephthys
http://www.chineseenglish.com/wp-content/uploads/2009/11/chickens_irs_dependents_hatch_381195.jpg
Except I can, have, and will.

Nephthys
Originally posted by S_W_LeGenD
Revan > Bane

How? Bane is the far more dominant duelist.

carthage
Revan.

Bane's force attacks can either be deflected, absorbed, or Revan can redirect his lightning killing him. Bane's TK isn't strong enough to break Revan's barriers, and Revan is still a superior duelist even with Bane's armor.

Revanchiste
Holy shit epic duel !!!!
Revan V.S orbasilik Bane.... Eeeeerrr tic tac tic tac..... 4 sith to take down Revan... One was the emeor wrath.
5 great Jedi master to take down Bane'sarmor??
Humhum... more than 6 Revan win without diffulties 1 Bane win easly.... (Try to control the Dice with the force) hum come on.... 4 !!!!

"Bane's force attacks can either be deflected, absorbed, or Revan can redirect his lightning killing him. Bane's TK isn't strong enough to break Revan's barriers, and Revan is still a superior duelist even with Bane's armor."
You learn My teaching but I don't if at the ligth saber... Or with the armor Bane could resit Revan attcks? (I have a non-nigligeable resistance...)
Yhea 4 !!

Revanchiste
Peharps.. We can't deny he his really good, he defeat multiple opponent multiple times...
Revan don't have this chance.
During his assissination Vitiate mare sur he will not survive....
He could do more than Bane when they have Send Jedi to capture him... He coul be a great feat. But Malak... You Know the story, isn't it?
Bane survive many times to impossible situations !!! SUrounded by many deadly opponents...

S_W_LeGenD
Bane isn't a far more dominant duelist, he is just better explored then Revan.

I can assert that Nyriss is superior duelist then Bane based on her treatment of two expert swordsmen Scourge and Meetra. However, you are aware of the outcome of her encounter with Revan which wasn't a lightsaber duel but it set Revan apart from majority in the mythos in the context of power and command of the Force and this disparity is sufficient indication that Revan is among the best of the best and possibly superior to even likes of Bane and Zannah.

But since you consider Bane to be on par with Sidious and Zannah to be on par with Vitiate, I don't see breakthrough in this debate with you anytime soon.

However, I do notice similarities between Bane's clash with the Jedi Strike Team on Tython and Nyriss's clash with the duo of Scourge and Meetra on Dromund Kaas and the author (Mr. Karpyshyn) have clearly established a distinction between Revan and others he wrote about barring Emperor.

Sorry my friend, Revan > Bane (any incarnation)

The Merchant
Revan. He's stronger than Dark Council members who can destroy cities.

carthage
thumb up

thumb up
There is a similarity between Nyriss and Bane though, is that both of them were amped by nexuses when they fought their opponents. Revan's defeat of Malak is a superior dueling feat to anything Bane has ever done. Bane only defeated the Tython strike team with a nexus amp/an additional amp from his Orbalisks. Revan beating an amped Malak by merit of his own skill, when Bane needed a nexus/armor is a superior skill feat.

S_W_LeGenD
Luckily for Bane, Zannah joined him and helped him to overcome the Jedi on Tython. In addition, Bane massively benefitted from orbalisks against lightsaber strikes of Jedi and that no Jedi he confronted was a powerhouse on his/her accord. However, the defining moment came when a Jedi managed to turn Bane's own lightning towards him and it nearly destroyed Bane. I see Bane meeting same fate in this clash, albeit lot sooner.

Bane is a solid Force-user, powerful and skilled. However, people tend to overlook the circumstances attached to his performances.

carthage
Originally posted by Revanchiste
Peharps.. We can't deny he his really good, he defeat multiple opponent multiple times...
Revan don't have this chance.
During his assissination Vitiate mare sur he will not survive....
He could do more than Bane when they have Send Jedi to capture him... He coul be a great feat. But Malak... You Know the story, isn't it?
Bane survive many times to impossible situations !!! SUrounded by many deadly opponents...

Malak was a "dominant" duelist as well and Revan fended him off albeit with difficulty. Bane with Orbalisks is just a rage induced idiot, his lack of skill and bullsrushing into fights is another reason why he loses.

Revanchiste
Revan. He's stronger than Dark Council members who can destroy cities.
Eeeer that's true....
I'd like to compare Bane Death field to Revan death Field force draining...
"Revan is stated to be proficient in Force Drain in the Knights of the Old Republic campaign guide. It is also stated in the sourcebook that he can amplify his Force Drain's powers to be effective as far as a Star System's distance."
XD Toasty

"Malak was a "dominant" duelist as well and Revan fended him off albeit with difficulty. Bane with Orbalisks is just a rage induced idiot, his lack of skill and bullsrushing into fights is another reason why he loses."
I've read that.... Starkiller is too.... Even with clear head... His powerfull but not a master of force combat technics...

ILS
The ****?

carthage
laughing out loud

Revanchiste
Reference to Mortal combat !
At the begining when I heard the jingle for the first time I tough that was O.P.. I have watch video about MK story/references.. And Now I will use frequently !

Revan against Malak Revan were Hgly weaken !!!

carthage
Originally posted by ILS
The ****?

http://img3.wikia.nocookie.net/__cb20110310085358/mk_/images/e/ed/Toasty_mk3.JPG

Revanchiste
My humour is so Toasty.

Text-only Version: Click HERE to see this thread with all of the graphics, features, and links.