Insider #68 Highlights

Text-only Version: Click HERE to see this thread with all of the graphics, features, and links.

Evil Windu
Star Wars Insider #68 just hit my mailbox, and here are some of the highlights:

===================
Rumor Debunking from Rick McCallum: Michael Crawford has no role in Episode III. Lou Ferrigno will not be Darth Vader. (Duh) McCallum will not confirm or deny if there's a Star Destroyer bridge as one of the sets of the film.

There is no complete script as of this writing, but there was a 46 page outline from Lucas. Still no talk of a co-writer on the film.

Lucas has approved 52 sets as well as "lots of vehicles".

Hayden Christensen started fight training at the beginning of May. Ewan McGregor arrives June 10th. Filming begins late June.

There will be 20 three minute chapters of the Clone Wars cartoon. Why are the episodes so short? Genndy Tartakovsky explains: "I think probably want to still have the movies be the primary source of information. I think maybe if this was done after the third film, we probably could have done a half hour series."

"Nothing that the rogue with the heart of gold, Han Solo, is his favorite character of the series, Tartakovsky jokes that should the Clone Wars be successful he might pitch Lucasfilm on a series of animated shorts chronicling the adventures of the smuggler and his faithful sidekick Chewie. It would be a sure hit: 'Pirates in space are always cool.'"

Carrie Fisher has a cameo in Charlie's Angels 2.

Also look for article about Star Wars tattoos, a Clone Wars short story by Timothy Zahn, and much more!
===================

GordonSkywalker
This is fantastic news, Evil Windu! I have been waiting to hear about the new issue for some time. I heard from a friend that this issue might focus more on Episode 3.

Catch 22
Look, if you're gonna CUT AND PASTE from TheForce.Net, at least have the decency to admit it......

EP3: Insider #68 Highlights

It's not like one word of that opening post is your own now is it.....

yerssot
catch, also another link would be appropriate wink

GordonSkywalker
No reason for hostilities gentlemen.

yerssot
we wouldn't dare!

Evil Windu
Dude.. I know.. I forget to put a link/source... I never said that it was mine alright... Calm ************** Down !! Seriously.

(mod info: NO SWEAR WORDS)

GordonSkywalker
Give the man a break Catch! This is public information posted in behalf of Star Wars fans at this wonderful Forum. I find such info fascinating to say the least. (I also love the Insider)

Evil Windu
Thanks Gordon for backing me up, But I really dont care what anyone says around here.. When I started posting my "Theorys" around here I knew from the start that im not liked around here. Every thread I have made has been bashed by some member etc. Ive been to other Forums where others RESPECTED my Theorys and Thoughts, here its a diffrent story. But its kewl though.. In this thread, All I did was post an Insider report from Theforce.Net from Star Wars yet I forget to make an Link/Source.. But someone had to make an big deal about it... You know what.. I think im gonna take a little "Vacation"...

Later all... - Chris.

finti
They just challange your theorys, if you cant handle that then so be it.

And for your info most of the regulare posters here aint a too found of TFN so when you get "caught" red handed pasting one of their stories you gonne hear it, so that in the future you will learn stick out tongue to link/mentioned it was from them

GordonSkywalker
Such rebukes and reprimands are unnecessary. I said it before and I will say it again. We the posters and moderators etc. should be more open to new and different ideas that we did not think up on our own. My friend here is sharing information and his thoughts and getting zapped for it. This is not the image we want to cultivate here gentlemen, especially with new members coming in every day. So he forgot a link. Big deal. None of us are perfect gentlemen. Let us be more tolerant.

finti
if he wants to share his theory he also must tolerate that people might find them stupid

Ushgarak
Indeed. There is absolutely no lack of tolerance here- some people just don't seem to think anyone should be allowed to debunk what they are saying. Such a view is rather childish.

If theories have problems and holes in, they WILL be pointed out; if you don't want to risk having a theory debunked, don't post it. If you want to DEFEND your theory when it is attacked, feel free. If you cannot then the theory was bogus, and then surely debunking is what it deserves?

This forum has operated happily for years on a sensible basis of criticism and enthusiasm and only a few recent posters seem to think there is a problem. As the majority are more than happy and as rebuking people for being critical is tantamount to censorship there will be no change in how this works.

It is not as if ALL theories are atacked. Only the ones with problems. This is such a logical process that I cannot see the downside.

Anyway. I am sure EW simply forgot the link so let us all try to remember to give due credit to re-printed sources when used.

GordonSkywalker
I must disagree with your interpretations Ush. Finti was being outright rude to EW by calling his theories stupid. I stand by my earlier remarks. And in the spirit of our friend finti I have found several of his posts to be stupid but have not verbalised my thoughts until now. And I do this within my rights as a poster on this Forum. I look forward to further posts in this section. I enjoy the thoughts that are expressed from fellow Star Wars fans like myself. eek!

finti
Gordon do you have problems to comprehend posts? I never said his theories were stupid, I said if he post theories he must tolerate that people might FIND them stupid. Big difference there, and stop this MR Rogers routine by calling me friend.

People have different opinions, they are free to post their theorys but they must at least be so humble to accept the fact that not everyone will agree with the theory or find them good.

GordonSkywalker
Fine. No need to be so antaganistic about it. Not everyone thinks like you do. big grin

finti
their loss if they dont

GordonSkywalker
Yes well life is unfair like that.

Ushgarak
Calling theories stupid should not be considered rudeness- only calling PEOPLE stupid. We have had this debate before- I will not tolerate this attempt to try and stop people being critical.

finti
why not if i dont like it I will be antagonistic about it

GordonSkywalker
Yes I am critical of your ideas and theories and not you personally of course. To be fair I like all but one of Evil's theories and know they are different from the usual thoughts on here. I also see where you are coming froim finti so let us agree to disagree,etc.

Captain REX
Now, let's play nice...

GordonSkywalker
Yes Captain!

Captain REX
Good. Now let's move men! Keep the conversation going!

GordonSkywalker
So when does Issue 68 hit the stores?

Text-only Version: Click HERE to see this thread with all of the graphics, features, and links.