Worthiness

Text-only Version: Click HERE to see this thread with all of the graphics, features, and links.

basilisk
In Marvel, Thor is "worthy" so he can lift mjolnir. In DC, Hal Jordan was selected to receive the ring and become the Green Lantern of earth.

But in a world of amazing and courageous heroes what makes them so special over all the others? How is Thor more worthy than dozens of other heroes who can't lift the hammer? Or why did the ring go to Hal and not someone else on earth?

And if he is so special, could Hal Jordan lift the hammer? Or if Thor was in DC would the ring have passed over Jordan and gone to him?

Who do you think should have these guys beat in the worthiness department?

pym-ftw
Because Superman didn't need the Ring, Captain America doesn't need the Hammer.

Flyattractor
In Thor's case its pure Nepotism.

That or it was because Thor was a lud little brat and they have him his toy just to shut him up.

Sin I AM
Warriors lifestyle, honor, nobility, willingness to die for others, willingness to kill for greater good.

So u have storm, cap, diana, brb, Etc

carver9
Originally posted by Sin I AM
Warriors lifestyle, honor, nobility, willingness to die for others, willingness to kill for greater good.

thumb up

riv6672
Originally posted by Sin I AM

thumb up

Sin I AM
Originally posted by Flyattractor
In Thor's case its pure Nepotism.

That or it was because Thor was a lud little brat and they have him his toy just to shut him up.

With Thor I've always seen mjolnir as a sort of psychological crutch. The powers the hammer possesses is innate within him..however instead of him trying and master his abilities instead he chooses to rely heavily on the hammer. Given how powerful Bor was, then Odin, and now Thor (even at his young "age"wink natural progression should alleviate his reliance on the weapon all together. Solely using it for nostalgic reasons imo

riv6672
Thats a different way to look at the relationship.
I can agree on the weather manipulation. That's innate. Still the hammer provides him a ton of powers he wouldnt otherwise have.

Mindship
Originally posted by basilisk
In Marvel, Thor is "worthy" so he can lift mjolnir. In DC, Hal Jordan was selected to receive the ring and become the Green Lantern of earth.

But in a world of amazing and courageous heroes what makes them so special over all the others? How is Thor more worthy than dozens of other heroes who can't lift the hammer? Or why did the ring go to Hal and not someone else on earth?

And if he is so special, could Hal Jordan lift the hammer? Or if Thor was in DC would the ring have passed over Jordan and gone to him?'Worthiness' is simply noble-speak for 'qualified': having a unique profile of physical, emotional, mental and spiritual attributes, best suited for using the .

Text-only Version: Click HERE to see this thread with all of the graphics, features, and links.