So is this renew your vows deal going to finally fix Spidey?

Text-only Version: Click HERE to see this thread with all of the graphics, features, and links.

riv6672
Or is this some Quesada inspired evil tease?
Folks here are more up on industry goings on than i am...

https://38.media.tumblr.com/ae52265bbeb458d98226384cba9f7e04/tumblr_ne9l2jUNpD1qz8qfno1_500.jpg

For as big a chub as Quesada had to get rid of MJ, nothing but mediocrity came from singleness.
A few half ass, forgettable and "shocking" relationship attempts.

That scan up there would make for great Spidey story telling.
Scale back on world shaking events in his books. He's our friendly NEIGHBORHOOD Spider-man. Seeing him need to curb stomp the Rhino and make it to a school play would be nice.

Any info appreciated.

SamZED
If it shows Spidey punching Mephisto in the face I can live with that.
But I don't want another retcon or a magical "fix". I like where Spidey is right now, and if they want him to get back with MJ they should write a story where it happens instead of just saying - it happened, deal with it, screw continuity.

riv6672
I can relate to that, but there are some things so bad in entertainment (Highlander sequels, Cop Rock, fat Elvis, Twilight books...), that i just want them to disappear.
One More Day is a blight. A slap in the face of Spider-man fans. IMO. Other fans may disagree, and thats okay. A complete reboot wouldnt bother me at all in this case.

SamZED
I agree about OMD, I just feel it'll be (yet another) waste of great stories. Have you followed Spider-man when Slott took over? I must say I love his work, and I was among the fans who considered dropping Spider-man period because of OMD.

Kazenji
I liked the last part of that OMD nonsense, 'One Moment in Time' that was alright.

riv6672
No worries.
You guys obviously got/are getting more out of it than i did/do.
I'd be happy to have it all erased. The good stories that came after would still be there to read.

Bentley
Originally posted by SamZED
If it shows Spidey punching Mephisto in the face I can live with that.
But I don't want another retcon or a magical "fix". I like where Spidey is right now, and if they want him to get back with MJ they should write a story where it happens instead of just saying - it happened, deal with it, screw continuity.

Pretty much, I see them doing this horribly wrong yet again.

riv6672
Well, i'd like to disagree but history bears you out.

Here's hoping for the best.

Kazenji
Originally posted by riv6672
No worries.
I'd be happy to have it all erased. The good stories that came after would still be there to read.

erm

i never said i like OMD can't really comment on that bullshit when it happened, 'One Moment in Time' came later.

Time Immemorial
Originally posted by Kazenji
erm

i never said i like OMD can't really comment on that bullshit when it happened, 'One Moment in Time' came later.

Well all be, dandy!

riv6672
Good deal.

SamZED
Originally posted by riv6672
No worries.
I'd be happy to have it all erased. The good stories that came after would still be there to read. They will be there but will no longer be in continuity, basically the same deal as with OMD. I hated OMD and I know I will hate this because IMO it's just lazy writing (assuming they choose to erase all of Slott's stories that is). Besides, if I wanted to read non-canon stories I would've picked Marvel Adventures instead of reading stuff that will "no longer count" in 6 months. I think that's yet another "FU" to the fans. Not as big as OMD was but still an "FU".

Originally posted by Bentley
Pretty much, I see them doing this horribly wrong yet again. Yep. I don't mind changes as long as writers actually put an effort into writing the story. Quesada just went "Abra Kadabra!" and was done with it.

riv6672
I'd rather live with stories becoming non canon than with a story where Peter makes a deal with the devil and trades his wife for his aunt, completely disregarding everything that aunt had taught him in the process.
-shrug-

SamZED
That's not exactly what happened. I'm not excusing the BS that is OMD but you say it like Pete tossed MJ into hell's pit in order to help May stick out tongue Basically he allowed Mephisto to cancel their marriage certificate.. and in order to save a life. Everything else remained canon. And MJ is the one who insisted on it because she couldn't live with the guilt and because she believed that even that won't separate them for long. And it looks like she was right. If Marvel finally decided to fix it without retconing all of the latest stories.. Slott is absolutely the man for the job.

riv6672
Here's hoping.

SamZED
Same here. Sorry for the long rant btw.

Bentley
Slott has done many things right for Spidey, I really hope they are taking his experience into consideration when writing something that will possibly screw his excellent run on the book.

Kazenji
I hope Slott comes back to do the Avengers book, When Hickman has finished up his shenanigans.

riv6672
I wish Hickman would never shenan again, but thats a whole other topic...

Text-only Version: Click HERE to see this thread with all of the graphics, features, and links.