Time for the next big Holiday this season!!!

Text-only Version: Click HERE to see this thread with all of the graphics, features, and links.

riv6672
November 15th, Clean Out Your Refrigerator Day!

riv6672
Tomorrow is sandwich day, and the 5th us Guy Fawkes day.

I plan to eat a sandwich but will not ear a Guy.

riv6672
Veteran's day tomorrow.
Time to put on my stretchy pants and hit all the "veterans eat free" chaun restaurants in town!

riv6672
Today is chicken soup for the soul day? Seriously?

According to the creators of the book series of the same name, Chicken Soup for the Soul Day was created as ".... a celebration of who you are, where you've been, where you're going, and who you will be thankful to when you get there!"

Of all the namby pamby...!

riv6672
Getting ready to attack the fridge tomorrow morning...lock and load!!!!

riv6672
The fridge is clean!

riv6672
Tomorrow is...

Occult Day is a mysterious day, outside the realm of the normal and natural world.

Concealed, secret, hidden, mysterious, un-natural. These are all words to describe the world of Occult. Astrology should readily come to mind. Alchemy, too. Many secret groups are occults.

How do you partake and enjoy Occult Day? It's a cinch! Join or start a secret society. Get out the ouija board. Visit an Astrologer. Or, have your palm read.

Sweet.

Time Immemorial
Man you got problems.

riv6672
I never knew it but, i'm a big fan of November 20th!

Jmanghan
You are hilarious.

riv6672
Thats absurd!

RanebowSmack
It's Universal Children's Day!

http://media.tumblr.com/5c64cdebfb28be1ae6d1fe12fb196019/tumblr_inline_mqoxflyfyq1qz4rgp.gif

riv6672
Is it?
Well okay, i guess they can share absurdity day with us. smile

RanebowSmack
who wants 2 spend a day with a bunch of whiny kids ?

riv6672
Not this guy. I really dont like kids. When i was a kid i didnt even like myself.

RanebowSmack
It's World Television Day! I know what I'm gonna do for the rest of the day now big grin

RanebowSmack
Holy cheese balls, u guys hear about this ----John Fitzgerald Kennedy, the 35th president of the United States, is assassinated while traveling through Dallas, Texas, as their vehicle passed the Texas School Book Depository Building at 12:30 p.m Lee Harvey Oswald allegedly fired three shots from the sixth floor, fatally wounding President Kennedy and seriously injuring Governor Connally. Kennedy was pronounced dead 30 minutes later at Dallas' Parkland Hospital. He was 46.

erm

riv6672
sad

RanebowSmack
http://media.tumblr.com/c2683a099288344a80a26de67d978dae/tumblr_inline_mrcd4eFxTL1qz4rgp.gif

riv6672
Ooh!

RanebowSmack
2 days until Thanksgiving
Ive started eating just soup
in preparation for
the big bird
turkey is
my heroin

riv6672
I like the sides best....!

RanebowSmack
green bean and onion casserole
marijuana
mashed potatoes and gravy
crack cocaine
pumpkin pie and whipped topping
exstacy

food is
seriously
addictive

riv6672
Food is awesome, yes....smile

Today's the day. Happy Thanksgiving!

RanebowSmack
https://38.media.tumblr.com/0de18ea6b7f263c349129dfc1e64b502/tumblr_nf767wJX6l1qcm0m3o1_250.gif

riv6672
Damn i miss that show.

RanebowSmack
We all do.

Kharhmah
I dont. It was shitty tbh.

RanebowSmack
I meant the fans of the show miss it, that's the "we"
All apologies if I included non-fans by mistake
It was entirely accidental I assure you

riv6672
Non fans miss it too. They liked complaining about it! wink

riv6672
December 1st. Not a big apple (no pun intended) fan. Still, its a healthy holiday!

riv6672
This one is really nice. Tomorrow...

Time Immemorial
No one cares about your plagiarism.

riv6672
Ha, speaking of apple day, i just bought a bunch at the market. A day late and all that! laughing

riv6672
I'll drink to that!

Time Immemorial
Originally posted by riv6672
Ha, speaking of apple day, i just bought a bunch at the market. A day late and all that! laughing

I doubt you do anything you say you do. You can't even put words together much less drive.

riv6672
If you havent sent any out yet, today's a good day to do it!

Nuke Nixon
Send scraps of dead trees to people you don't ever talk to for what? So they send you some scraps of dead trees with inane bullcrap about people you barely know and never will meet... screw that.

riv6672
And to all a good night! laughing out loud

Nuke Nixon
drown in egg nog krispy kringles

Nuke Nixon
meant that in a good way, because I likes me some eggnog

spiked harder than a volleyball from Karch Kiraly

riv6672
Haha, i like your liver's style!

Nuke Nixon
what's left of it goes well with onions, but then everything is good with onions imo

riv6672
I ate luver and onions the other night. Glad i didnt have THAT mental image at the time! laughing out loud

Nuke Nixon
Healthier than what I just had....... pizza hut taco pizza with 7 layer taco bell burrito guts strewn on it then smothered with guacamole and sriracha sauce then doused with an entire can of bacon flavored eazy cheez.

riv6672
I envy your digestive tract.

Nuke Nixon
Secondary Adamantium Bub, I can eat anything organic and it does nothing.

riv6672
Matter Eater Lad.

Nuke Nixon
Yeah you dont want me at your christmas feast.

riv6672
I dont even want ME there. Its at the in law's this year.

Nuke Nixon
Going to go out for chinese food this year, everybody is either sick or have other plans. Best holiday season ever.

riv6672
Thats EPIC cool!

Nuke Nixon
Got the idea by watching A Christmas Story

riv6672
Halfway through the month we have

Date When Celebrated : Always December 15

Pucker up your lips. No, you're not about to be kissed. But, you should be about to bite into a tart, yet sweet, lemon cupcake. Why? Because today is National Lemon Cupcake Day.

Not everyone loves the flavor of lemon. It's too tart for some. Certainly those who do enjoy the tart, yet refreshing taste, will agree that the lemon cupcake fully deserves it's day for recognition.

Spread the joy. Share your enjoyment. Buy or make some lemon cup cakes today. Share them with friends. Seek out people who have never even tried a lemon cupcake today. Induce them to try one of yours. Do these things, and you will truely have a wonderful National Lemon Cupcake Day.

riv6672
Whoo Hoo! Christmas Eve!

riv6672
This...was not what i thought it was!

When: December 26th. However, some people will celebrate it on the first weekday after Christmas. If Christmas falls on a Friday or a Saturday, Boxing Day is the following Monday.

Boxing Day is celebrated in England, Australia, Canada, New Zealand and other former British commonwealth countries. It is a legal holiday in these countries. This is also St. Stephans Day, where Boxing Day gets some of it's roots. On St. Stephans' Day, churches opened their collection boxes to the poor.

Boxing Day was an expression of appreciation and thanks, much like Christmas tips are today.

The roots of the holiday goes back to the Middle Ages. On this day, members of the merchant class would take boxes, fill them with food and fruits, and give them to servants, tradespeople and the less fortunate. In the case of servants, they would work on Christmas Day, so it was only fitting that immediately after Christmas, they would be given a day off to celebrate.

Usually celebrated the day after Christmas, some would celebrate the following Monday when Christmas fell on a Friday or Saturday.

Today, the giving of boxes includes filling boxes with food and clothing for the needy and performing volunteer work. Monetary gifts to charity are also common.

Time Immemorial
No one cares you weak man.

riv6672
Cant wait to see what January brings us...smile

Time Immemorial
Cant wait to see what January brings us...smile

You, dead in a ditch.

riv6672
Everybody's workin' for the weekend...laughing out loud

Time Immemorial
Everybody's workin' for the weekend...laughing out loud

Talking to yourself again like a fool.

riv6672
Right off the bat January will start with something completely random!

"Run it up the flagpole and see if anyone salutes" is an expression. It means to float an idea to see what people think, or if they notice. The term is commonly used in advertising and print media.

Run it Up the Flagpole to See if Anyone Salutes Day is set aside to allow people to do just that. Be creative today. Use this day to try and test new ideas and concepts. Don't limit the ideas to business applications. In your personal life, try out a new dress or clothing style, perhaps a different haircut. Or, maybe buy a new houseflag and run it up the flagpole to see if anyone salutes...or even notices.

Time Immemorial
no

riv6672
Aruba, Jamaica, ooh i wanna take ya, to Bermuda, Bahama, come on pretty mommalaughing out loud

riv6672
New Years Eve!

Time Immemorial
Have a good one

riv6672
Tomorrow is Festival of Sleep day. Somce retiring i celebrate this ine no matter when!

When: Always on January 3rd

No, you are not dreaming. But, perhaps you should be. Festival of Sleep Day is today. It is an opportunity to sleep in, snooze, doze, nap, and catch 40 winks.

We feel this is the perfect date for Festival of Sleep Day. The holidays are over...Wow, weren't they exhausting! It's cold and snowy.... time to hibernate. And, why not re-charge the batteries as a new year of school and work begins?

Festival of Sleep Day is a favorite holiday to catch up on a little sleep. Whether its all day, a full 8 hours, or just a power nap, enjoy the day sleeping. Cozy up in bed on the couch, or any other comfortable place. Oh.... don't forget your favorite stuffed animal. It's okay to sleep alone, sleep alone or with someone else. We do not recommend groups sleeps.

Caution: Sleeping at work is not recommended, today, or any day. The only exception is for mattress testers.

Warning #2: The Surgeon General has determined that sleeping is good for your health.

riv6672
Trivia day!

Date When Celebrated: January 4th

Whether the roots of Trivia Day are deep....or whether this day was established by the Ecard dot coms is irrelevant.

Trivia Day is a fun day. It is an opportunity for us to share those many little trinkets of knowledge. It doesn't matter how big or how trivial. Dazzle your friends and family with generous portions of trivia today!

My kind of day!

riv6672
Not a Holiday, but it should be. Elvis' birthday is January the 8th!

riv6672
Old Rock Day?!? Strange, even by my standards...laughing out loud

Date When Celebrated: Always January 7th

Old Rock Day is an opportunity to enjoy and appreciate old rocks and fossils. Perhaps you can start a rock collection. You can go out on a field trip in search of old fossils (the rock kind). Or, if you choose, you can just play with old rocks.

There are a lot of fun-filled, yet ill-defined, wild and wacky holidays. This is one of them. There is little information available on what this day was truly meant to mean. So, the interpretation and the means of celebration is left up to you.

By definition, fossils are old rocks. Jewelry stones are old rocks. And, coal is an old rock, too.

riv6672
Happy Birthday, Elvis!!!!

http://www.beliefnet.com/columnists/news/files/2011/11/Elvis-Presley.jpg

Nuke Nixon
Elvis was the Justin Bieber of his generation.

riv6672
roll eyes (sarcastic)

Nuke Nixon
Name one song Elvis wrote, don't worry I'll wait.

riv6672
I'll wait.
60 years.
See if anyone is celebrating Bieber's birthday.
smile

Nuke Nixon
As much as I hate the kid, he is just a kid and if he doesn't totally self destruct in the next few years he may have an actual career and his idiot beliebers just may be around to do exactly that.

riv6672
If you say so.
Elvis is an icon though, no way is Bieber going to reach that level.

Nuke Nixon
Elvis got to be an Icon because he was a good performer, a legendary performer even, but my original point was that that was all he had going for him... he didn't write anything or play much of anything original, he was an average actor and letting himself get fat and stupid at the end just killed it.

riv6672
Yeah, not seeing how any of that has anything to do with Beiber.
No worries though; a discussion of the Beib isnt something i'm going to pursue any longer! laughing out loud

Nuke Nixon
Got you this far though didn't I?

http://media.tumblr.com/tumblr_lr9xj96ekQ1qafrh6.gif

riv6672
I like Mandark.

Nuke Nixon
I was sad when the voice actor for Dexter passed away.

riv6672
This one is good for a lot of people here.
The 10th is Peculiar People Day...

Peculiar People Day is in honor of uniquely different people. Un-ordinary, extraordinary, unusual, strange, odd, uncommon, intriguing, different, abnormal, and quirky.... These are all things that we think of to describe the word "peculiar". Most of these characteristics can be viewed as good, or not so good. Today is a day to look for the good in your peculiar acquaintances.

Nuke Nixon
I, myself, am strange and unusual.

riv6672
Yes you are!

riv6672
The 16th is Appreciate a Dragon Day!

When : Always January 16th

All of us, young and not so young, can appreciate dragons. You'll find good and bad dragons in legends, folk lore, children's books, songs, and top movies.

According to Donita K. Paul, the creator of this special day, you are encouraged to learn and explore the cultural and historic significance of dragons.

This day is also intended to celebrate literacy. So, reach for a book about dragons, and read it today!

Other ways to celebrate this day:

Draw pictures of dragons.

Write dragon poems or stories.

Have a dragon puppet show.

See a movie with dragons in it.

Take picture of stuffed animal dragons. If you see a real live dragon, make sure to take a picture of him, too!

Libraries should feature books with dragons

Most famous Friendly Dragon: Puff the Magic Dragon.

Time to watch The Desolation of Smaug!

Nuke Nixon
Watched How to Train Your Dragon 2, good times.

riv6672
Oh thats a good one!

riv6672
Martin Luther King day today...BUT, its also "national" Popcorn day!

The origins of this holiday are unknown. We have not found any information or documentation to confirm this is a true "National" day. But, don't let that pop (burst) your bubble, err pop your corn that is. It's a day to celebrate healthy (until you load it with salt and butter), and addicting popcorn.

Strangely, National Popcorn Day is in January, yet National Popcorn Month is October. According to tradition, it is celebrated on January 19th each year. There is some suggestion that Popcorn Day may, at one point, have been tied to the Superbowl. And, we found one reference to it being on January 30th.

On National Popcorn Day, we suggest you pop up some fresh popcorn, kick back and enjoy!

Nuke Nixon
Curious that MLK day isn't within February, Black History month, or conversely why January isn't Black History month because of MLK day.

riv6672
I've heard its so as not to roll the day into the month. Keep it as individual ss possible.

Time Immemorial
Shut up Julio..

Nuke Nixon
Shut up Tempus.

riv6672
-eats popcorn-

Nuke Nixon
Of course you realize it's all good and it's all in fun, now get in the pit and try to love someone!

riv6672
I like Kid Rock.

Nuke Nixon
I like the big boob chicks in his videos.

Nuke Nixon
President's Day is coming up, which President is your favorite.

To make it interesting, you can only choose from the first 20 Presidents.

riv6672
Andrew Jackson comes to mind. First President born west of the appalachians...

riv6672
Compliment Day!

How nice of you to visit our site today. I can see by your choice of websites, that you are an intelligent person. You are a kind and inquisitive person. I love the way you......

Yes, its Compliment Day. Today is a great opportunity to say something positive about the people you come into contact with. Everyone has good attributes. ...that's right....... everyone.

Its a cinch to find compliments for family and loved ones, even for your Mother-in-Law. (Tip: She's probably a good cook.)

Friends are friends because you see something good about them. Here's an easy compliment to a friend: "Wow, you're very intelligent...you choose your friends wisely".

It's more challenging to compliment your boss, or people you don't like. Take up the challenge, and find a compliment for them today, too.

Remember: Mama said "If you don't have anything nice to say, don't say anything". After a long search for something good, if you just can't find a compliment for them, then silence is golden.

Compliment Day is celebrated by offering sincere compliments to people you know. It is important that you are sincere. People will see right through insincerity, and you will do more harm than good.

How many compliments should you give out today? The common suggestion is five compliments. Yes, they should be to five different people.

Nuke Nixon
You're a very prolific poster.

That's one.

riv6672
Thats a polite way for you to say spammer.
Thats one!

jaspeter4eva
this is the first time I'm hearing of Clean Out Your Refrigerator Day

riv6672
It dhould be done more often!

riv6672
Mmmm...corn chips....

When : Always January 29th

National Corn Chip Day celebrates the Corn Chip. Fifty years ago, few Americans knew what Corn Chips were. Today, most American can not imagine life without this tasty, crunchy holder of salsa, cheese and (mostly) mexican dips. Its even sprinkled atop salads, making salads even more crunchy.

On National Corn Chip Day, enjoy eating one of your favorite snacks. And, take our Corn Chip challenge....eat corn chips for breakfast, lunch, dinner and snacks today! I don't know about you. But, I will find that easy to do.

Did You Know? Fritos Corn Chips were first marketed in 1961.

riv6672
Monday is Groundhog's Day!

riv6672
Monday is Groundhog's Day!

riv6672
Oh noooooo.....!

Nuke Nixon
I look forward to 5000 mondays, just to be able to catch up on my reading.

And learn piano, that'd be sweet.

riv6672
I know, right?
Same Monday Night RAW, though...sad

Nuke Nixon
As opposed to all the Raws up until now... that are sh-t.

Seriously, fu-k WWE, right in their useless empty brainpans.

riv6672
laughing out loud

So hard to be a fan, npwadays...

Nuke Nixon
How do I know every single Raw is sh-t? I watch every single Raw, since before the Monday Night Wars.

It's not that I hate wrestling, or the wrestlers, I hate the damn writers and Vincent Kennedy McD-ckhead himself.

riv6672
Exactly. Its not the Individuals, its the product.

Nuke Nixon
It's an easy fix, we just have to eliminate The McMahon, then fire all the writers, then hire some that know what wrestling is, then implant a cortex bomb in Triple H so he behaves himself.

riv6672
That last...would never happen!

Nuke Nixon
It will, it's true... it's damn true!

riv6672
Ha!

I love Ground hog's day. Its a silly thing to look forward to, but its fun.

http://www.greetingcarduniverse.com/images/csphoto/1107/00/00/13/13/41/361653-1_TN_shadow.png

riv6672
Oh, i like this one...

International Eat Ice Cream for Breakfast Day

When : First Saturday in February

It's mid winter. The snow and cold seems like it will never come to an end. Spring seems so far away.

Stuck in a mid winter funk, and suffering from cabin fever, it's time to do something, weird, odd, quirky.

So, lets eat ice crem for breakfast!!! ....YEAHHHHH!!!!!!!!

According to legend and this day's creator, today is a day to:

1. Spread the word about this holiday.

2. Eat Ice Cream for Breakfast.

To get the full excitement oabut this special day, tell the kids what s gonna happen a few days before it arrives. The eager anticipation will lift their spirits and help to make winter go by just a little quicker.

riv6672
This one's a no brainer. Should be done regularly....

Clean out Your Computer Day

When : Second Monday of the month

Clean Out Your Computer Day is a day to logically review, and delete old files and programs.

Most of us add programs and files to our computer with reckless abandon. After all, computers have huge storage capacity. Many of these files and programs are forgotten over time. Overtime they clog memory and cause confusion during retrieval and use of other files. And, some may slow down your computer.

Somewhere along the way, a (most likely) computer geek or service person, created this day as an opportunity for us to remember to cleanup and delete old and unused files.

So, get into the spirit of the day, and clean out the old computer.

riv6672
Today is a day for singing in the rain...

When : Always February 10th

Umbrella Day is in honor of one of the world's most invaluable inventions. On a rainy, day, we are sure glad that someone was smart enough to invent it. It's also increasingly popular to use umbrellas to shade ourselves from harmful UV radiation, and the heat of the sun.

Umbrellas come in all sorts of sizes, colors, shapes, and, designs. Businesses and organizations use them for advertising. The smallest umbrellas fit inside a purse or glove compartment. Golf umbrellas are popular sizes. Then, there are lawn and beach umbrellas. There's one (or two) made just for you.

Celebrate Umbrella Day in a couple of ways. First, make sure your umbrella is handy. Second, use it, or walk around with it. If you don't have an umbrella, isn't it time to get one?

riv6672
Tomorrpw's Fat Teusday!!!!!

Happy Dance

Nuke Nixon
The Wednesday after Fat Tuesday really earns the "Hump Day" nickname.

riv6672
Opposite day?

Nuke Nixon
Nah, everybody partying theres bound to be some humping going on somewhere.

riv6672
Oh yes....yes

riv6672
Today is George Washington's actual birthday.
Its true; i cannot tell a lie.

Nuke Nixon
Washington was a terrible soldier, lost every major battle he was in. #TRUTH

riv6672
I believe that not one iota!

Nuke Nixon
Read a book.

riv6672
I'm reading a Gotrek & Felix adventure right now. Not sure how that'll help but, okay!

Nuke Nixon
The super secret hidden double meaning behind that 'read a book' suggestion was to read a book about how useless Washington was as a military leader. Not taking away from his awesome Statesmanship or charisma, but the man was not someone you wanted on a mission.

riv6672
I prefer my biased HS education version of things.
Besides, i was j/k.
I was in the Army. I've heard officers argue damn near every military leader EVER. Wether i wanted to or not....(long winded bastards stick out tongue )

Nuke Nixon
I vote Patton best General ever.

riv6672
I'm a big Patton fan.
Man had his faults but he was pretty bad ass.

riv6672
Now this is an odd one...!

Date When Celebrated : Always March 3

If Pets Had Thumbs Day leaves you wondering what would happen if.......

One thing that sets man apart from many other species on the planet is an opposable thumb. It allows us to do many things that other creatures can't do.

Now imagine what it would be like if your pet had thumbs. Do you get a clear image of your pet with thumbs? Are you seeing your pet doing things with their new thumb? If so, your mind is in spirit with today.

Note: If you have a pet monkey, you already know what it would be like for your pet to have thumbs.

Nuke Nixon
Got 3 different peoples birfdays coming up in the next 2 weeks and I can't think of a dang thing to get them no how. Crap!

riv6672
Live goldfish. That'll piss them off!

riv6672
Daylight Savings Time tomorrow...spring ahead!

Nuke Nixon
https://static.dyp.im/DwYCm5oYhN/large/d7bf8b9a79f8c89a70a2f73ad7d5a7c1.jpg

riv6672
I always missed that hour in the spring...sad

Nuke Nixon
Spaced out the turn clocks forward and missed 2 different things. Derp.

riv6672
I had the time change and a power outage resetting all the clicks in the house the next night. erm

riv6672
Guess today was PI day...

3-14-15 9:26:53

riv6672
St. Patrick's Day tomorrow!!!!!!! Happy Dance

riv6672
Kiss me i'm Irish!!!!
http://cdn.attackofthecute.com/May-08-2012-04-06-59-sfvfsvf.jpg

riv6672
Mmm...today is a GOOD day...

National Chip and Dip Day

Date When Celebrated : Always March 23rd

National Chip and Dip Day celebrates America's favorite snack duet. If you re holding a party, it is almost certain that chips and dips are on the snack list. The only possible exclusion would be for an Ice Cream party.

Important Note: National Potato Chip Day is on March 14th. For today's celebration, the "chip" is more generic. It could be corn chips, or tortilla chips. And, the dip is any kind that goes well with the chip of choice.

Today is best celebrated in the evening with a bag of chips and your favorite dip.

riv6672
Oh, this could be fun...smile

Something on a Stick Day

Date When Celebrated : Always March 28th

Something on a Stick Day celebrates things on a stick. Isn't this just a neat day? We thought you'd agree.

So what comes on a stick? Practically anything. The first thing that comes to mind is popsicles and fudgecicles. Hotdogs are poplar on a stick at campfires. There's also corndogs, and shrimp and many chinese treats. Cocktail wieners and cheese are picked and eaten on a stick(a toothpick).

You can also get just about anything on a stick when receiving food samples at a store or festival.

Celebrate this fun day by serving food for meals and snacks on a stick. The kids will love it. So will you!

BTW: We are glad that today is Something on a Stick Day and not "Something on a Shingle Day!

riv6672
Tomorrow. Ah yes, i will strike at my wretched neighbors, the Halloways...!

When : April 1st

Traditionally, April Fool's Day is an opportunity for playing jokes or tricks on one another. The stranger and the more absurd the better. The challenge is to carry out a trick that is believable, if only for a little while. Tricks are most successful if played earlier in the day before a person is wise to what is going on. Younger children are also more gullible.

Any tricks or jokes must be harmless and in good taste for the unsuspecting "victim". And, we suggest you think twice before pulling one on the boss, even if he or she is know to be of good humor.

Important: Jokes and gags must be harmless and fun. They must not be dangerous or hurt anyone's feelings. Give your jokes and gags some thought before carrying them out. Then, have fun!

Happy April Fool's Day

riv6672
Nstional Scrabble Day today!

<< THERE IS MORE FROM THIS THREAD HERE >>