Mace Windu vs. Anakin & Obi-Wan

Text-only Version: Click HERE to see this thread with all of the graphics, features, and links.

Marco1907
Saber, force all out.

Emperordmb
Depends, are Anakin and Obi-wan performing as a team as they do in TCW?

Marco1907
Originally posted by Emperordmb
Depends, are Anakin and Obi-wan performing as a team as they do in TCW?

I am not sure how good they are as a team though, Anakin alone always did better against Dooku for example.

Emperordmb
Originally posted by Marco1907
I am not sure how good they are as a team though, Anakin alone always did better against Dooku for example.
They should theoretically be the dream team, but in TCW, they always underperform against everybody they face.

Marco1907
Originally posted by Emperordmb
They should theoretically be the dream team, but in TCW, they always underperform against everybody they face.

Only against Ventress they succeed I guess, they failed to stop Savage Opress as a team, and in the RotS movie they failed against Count again.

Emperordmb
Only against Ventress they succeed I guess, they failed to stop Savage Opress as a team, and in the RotS movie they failed against Count again.
No, even against Ventress they underperform as a team. Both Anakin and Obi-wan alone do better against her than they do as a team.

Marco1907
I don't know, it seems to me they did better against only Ventress.

PtO1U79HSqo

MMw-wojEAug

cNiB1tk0wvo

ILS
I don't really see what the big deal is here. They are both approaching Mace in saber skill quite comfortably on their own, as a duo they're more than he can handle all at once and they have nigh-perfect synergy to boot. I don't see how a couple of inconclusive duels against Ventress, Dooku and Savage mean much.

carthage
Windu wins via Vaapad speedblitz due to Anakin's inner demons that erupt his furnace heart.

ILS
Originally posted by carthage
Windu wins via Vaapad speedblitz due to Anakin's inner demons that erupt his furnace heart. He could probably oneshot Obi-Wan with shatterpoint tbh

carthage
thumb up

ares834
Duo wins.

Revanchiste
I'd like to see with a totaly not cooperative Anakin.
"That's you master who said than I coul Beat Yoda at the light saber with ease, no?
-Anakin ! I also told you you, could, if you were trai... Anakin ! No don't this !"

Based
Team with a lot of difficulty.

Lord Stark
Skywalker and Kenobi should narrowly take this because unlike the Count Mace will not be using the Force offensively.

NewGuy01
They had many adventures together, and as Ahsoka matured, so did Anakin. But Ahsoka eventually became disillusioned and left the Jedi Order, and act which Anakin deeply regretted. The Clone Wars continued, and Anakin became a hero, and grew vastly in power.

-Databanks

Anakin solos. http://r26.imgfast.net/users/2613/36/14/96/smiles/212414727.gif

Lord Stark
Wait...Skywalker grew vastly more powerful since Ashoka left. Confirmed Dooku was not going all out with him earlier in the CWs.

NewGuy01
Nope. LoE/RotS Anakin is just that good. http://r14.imgfast.net/users/1415/38/33/54/smiles/3497314269.gif

DARTH POWER
Well makes sense with the line "My powers have doubled since the last time we met..."

Nalaniel
And he still got floored by Dooku with a kick.

NewGuy01
Before humiliating and beheading him. no expression

Nalaniel
Obi-Wan costed him much of his power.

Marco1907
Originally posted by Nalaniel
And he still got floored by Dooku with a kick.

And he also lost to Obi-Wan

izcL3dH5hWc

Trocity
Good vid.

0:56

DARTH POWER
Originally posted by NewGuy01
Before humiliating and beheading him. no expression

Well to be fair what Dooku did to Anakin and Obi-Wan with the simultaneous Force choke and kick was pretty damn humiliating in itself.

So Dooku was still clearly more powerful than Kenobi, and still clearly more skilled than the Anakin/Kenobi duo.

Skywalker did however have considerable more raw power at his disposal than Dooku, and was at least as skilled as Kenobi.

NewGuy01
You misinterpret the purpose of what I'm saying. It's less of an Anakin supremacy thing, more of it being silly to insinuate Dooku is Anakin's superior because he was able to land a kick on Anakin, when he ends up headless some 40 seconds later.

DARTH POWER
You misinterpret the purpose of what I'm saying. It's less of an Anakin supremacy thing, more of it being silly to insinuate Dooku is Anakin's superior because he was able to land a kick on Anakin, when he ends up headless some 40 seconds later.

It's a tough one, but I'm always skeptical of fights which are not 1 vs 1 right from the outset. So I'm skeptical about ROTS Anakin being superior to Dooku, but I'm also skeptical about Mace Windu being a superior saber duelist to Sidious, and I don't at all buy that TPM Kenobi > TPM Qui-Gon due to Kenobi giving Maul a much better fight right at the end of the whole battle.

Because those other combatants involved initially (whether they be Kenobi, Qui-Gon or the B-Team) would have certainly changed the course of the fight, possibly tired the opponent somewhat and had some kind of effect on the outcome IMHO.

NewGuy01
It's pretty consistent though, in Season 4 Anakin was demonstrably really close to Dooku, and by RotS he had grown vastly--Enough so that he was outright overpowering Dooku throughout the fight, even before Kenobi's dismissal. This doesn't mean that Tyranus couldn't land some hits or bag some wins, but there was a clear superior in that fight--And Dooku knew it.

DARTH POWER
It's pretty consistent though, in Season 4 Anakin was demonstrably really close to Dooku, and by RotS he had grown vastly--Enough so that he was outright overpowering Dooku throughout the fight, even before Kenobi's dismissal. This doesn't mean that Tyranus couldn't land some hits or bag some wins, but there was a clear superior in that fight--And Dooku knew it.

Makes sense.

DARTH POWER
but there was a clear superior in that fight--

Not sure about this part though. I think it was clear Skywalker was the most powerful combatant on the field, but I think it was also clear that Dooku was the most skilled and masterful combatant on the field.

But I agree with your overall assessment, that Anakin was overall superior by this point, but Dooku could still pack a punch and take some wins against him in a 1 vs 1.

Marco1907
Originally posted by DARTH POWER
Because those other combatants involved initially (whether they be Kenobi, Qui-Gon or the B-Team) would have certainly changed the course of the fight, possibly tired the opponent somewhat and had some kind of effect on the outcome

thumb up

NewGuy01
Originally posted by DARTH POWER
Not sure about this part though. I think it was clear Skywalker was the most powerful combatant on the field, but I think it was also clear that Dooku was the most skilled and masterful combatant on the field.

This is a fair assessment, though to be honest Anakin rivals him there too.

I mean, in Attack of the Clones he was able to press Dooku in their battle, but was then ultimately outmatched by his skills and mastery.

Then Anakin makes a jump between AotC and Seasons 1/2, where he's obtained the skill/mastery necessary to truly contend with Dooku on even footing, but his is still overshadowed by Dooku's own.

By Seasons 3/4, however, they appear to be evenly matched. Anakin was perhaps slightly more powerful, Dooku slightly more skilled, etc.

But then Anakin grew vastly in power, which is consistent with how he was depicted in LoE, and that tipped the scales in his favor during RotS.

But back to the topic, could he defeat Mace? His fury that proved to be Dooku's downfall could be used as a weapon here.

Marco1907
Anakin's fury gave him more kinetic and physical strength against Dooku which is the worst thing for Dooku's style ; makashi. It is not suitable for fighting against considerable great kinetic power, in Mace's case this would be an advantage for him, he can reflect Anakin's dark side energy to back into him.

I think Obi-Wan's pure defensive style soresu would be better for fighting against Mace's vaapad, at least better than Anakin's aggressive style.

Stigma
Windu.

carthage
Originally posted by Stigma
Windu.

Dies

Lord Stark

Really close? Nope. Season 6 has Dooku tooling them both on Oba Dia. I also highly doubt there is any significant gap if any between Season 6 Anakin and ROTS Anakin. The Jedi are close on Sidious' trail by the end of it. It seems reasonable to assume that the Jedi were searching the Works because of Yoda's vision.

As for this fight, Mace has flat out stated that ROTS Skywalker is arguably the most powerful Jedi alive. Now Mace is pretty damned humble, but that's the first time he's ever put someone on Yoda's level. Not to say he's correct but if Anakin isn't on par with Mace he's damned close, throwing in Kenobi is a death sentence for Mace.

NewGuy01
While I do respect and support your fight for Dooku supremacy, the battle in Season 6 was no less of a one-off than Ventress overwhelming the duo in S3, which isn't surprising considering he was basically under the threat of death.

Lord Stark
While I do respect and support your fight for Dooku supremacy, the battle in Season 6 was no less of a one-off than Ventress overwhelming the duo in S3, which isn't surprising considering he was basically under the threat of death.

No it isn't, not considering Dooku consistently shows superiority to Anakin when he gets serious. Even in ROTS Dooku is under strict orders not to kill Anakin.

NewGuy01
It doesn't matter. He clearly didn't have any chance to regardless, he was being driven back the entire time. At the end of the day he himself realized that everything he had was a joke before the power that Anakin wielded. Now, is this hyperbole? Of course. It gets the message across, though.

Lord Stark
It doesn't matter. He clearly didn't have any chance to regardless, he was being driven back the entire time. At the end of the day he himself realized that everything he had was a joke before the power that Anakin wielded. Now, is this hyperbole? Of course. It gets the message across, though.

And yet Anakin still has no answer to Dooku's superior TK and Force mastery. The fact of the matter is that he had intent to kill Kenobi and he knocked him out of the fight with ease, now I'm not saying that he could do the same with Skywalker, but he's ragdolled him before. Skywalker is neck and neck with Dooku in a raw contest of sabers but you throw in the force and Dooku still has the solid edge imo.

Marco1907
Dooku > TCW / RotS Anakin - overall power

Anakin just had the advantage against Dooku's lightsaber style that's all, he was at the same level with Obi-Wan in RotS.

DARTH POWER

But back to the topic, could he defeat Mace? His fury that proved to be Dooku's downfall could be used as a weapon here.

Not sure about Anakin vs Mace. I'd probably give Mace the edge, but throw in Kenobi and Mace stands little chance Imo. Unless Mace can take Kenobi out quickly, but I honestly don't see that happening.

I think Obi-Wan's pure defensive style soresu would be better for fighting against Mace's vaapad, at least better than Anakin's aggressive style.

Actually Skywalker is fully capable of fighting defensively as well. People often underestimate his skill level. But he did fight defensively alongside Kenobi against Rage enhanced Opress in TCW Season 3. And end of the day, even though Skywalker couldn't penetrate Kenobi's defenses, nor could Kenobi penetrate Skywalker's defenses (until he decided to make a tactically stupid jump, which Kenobi even begged him not to do).

Djem So's basic principle is to start off with the same groundwork as Soresu, but then instead of just pure defending deflects the attack back onto the opponent, and follows up a counter strike to dominate the opponent IIRC.

Marco1907
@darth power, that is Shien. Form V has two variations ; Shien and Djem-So, Shien is developed by Soresu, but Djem-So isn't.

- Shien is the suitable part for deflecting blaster bolts
- Djem-So is suitable for dueling

NewGuy01
They are both derived from Soresu.

Marco1907
I checked it from - Jedi vs. Sith - The Essential Guide to the Force

Here is the part I've mentioned ;

http://i1273.photobucket.com/albums/y418/karasakal_teach/EkranAl1310nt1310s1310_zps914893ad.png

http://i1273.photobucket.com/albums/y418/karasakal_teach/EkranAl1310nt1310s13105_zpsd0deaa37.png

AncientPower
Mace Windu is a tier above Ventress, personally I think Mace is well beyond smart enough to know that Obi-Wan doesn't handle TK very well.

He takes Obi-Wan out with TK and then Anakin gets pretty handily beaten.

Board Walker
Anakin beats Windu just like he did in the game cut scene

Arhael
I think Windu will have more trouble against Anakin + Kenobi, then Dooku did. His offensive TK doesn't seem to be as good as Dooku's or Maul's. Anakin alone is Windu's equal, winning both of them is not very likely.

DARTH POWER
Originally posted by Arhael
I think Windu will have more trouble against Anakin + Kenobi, then Dooku did. His offensive TK doesn't seem to be as good as Dooku's or Maul's. Anakin alone is Windu's equal, winning both of them is not very likely.

thumb up

People can't say Dooku took Kenobi out while fighting off Skywalker, so that means Windu will just because Windu >/= Dooku.

Everyone has different talents, and Dooku is simply just very good at combining attacks like that, and most probably a more skilled user of Tk than Windu.

I mean ROTS Skywalker himself was >/= Dooku, yet he could never defeat Kenobi that easily.

WollfMyth
Apart, either has less skill than Mace, but Obi's skill is close to Mace's and Anakin's power is close, if not equal to Mace's. If they work as a Team they win.

Text-only Version: Click HERE to see this thread with all of the graphics, features, and links.