Hulk vs Sinestro

Text-only Version: Click HERE to see this thread with all of the graphics, features, and links.

Starscream M
Who wins?

Board Walker
Current sinestro stomps

Insane Titan
Current Sinestro stomps with ease

BruceSkywalker
Current Sinestro has been killing it lately.... Hulk loses

carver9
This fight would be worse than his fight against Mongul, except Sinestro will not have any rings to manipulate. Hulk stomps.

Stoic
Originally posted by Starscream M
Who wins?

What are the terms of combat? I mean doesn't he need fear to maintain a high level of power?

-K-M-
Originally posted by carver9
This fight would be worse than his fight against Mongul, except Sinestro will not have any rings to manipulate. Hulk stomps.

Referencing a fight of Sinestro prior to his current upgrade? Only you Carver, only you.

Estacado
This thread just got carter'd.

Prof. T.C McAbe
Lol

All Jokes aside, Sinestro wins.

DarkSaint85
Sinestro. This fight will go worse than with that snake which choked Hulk out.

carver9
Originally posted by -K-M-
Referencing a fight of Sinestro prior to his current upgrade? Only you Carver, only you.

no expression That was pre reboot Sinestro who is leagues more powerful than his reboot self. Only you KM, only you.

DarkSaint85
no expression That was pre reboot Sinestro who is leagues more powerful than his reboot self. Only you KM, only you.

Lanterns are the same post reboot no expression

Also, he has the Parallax entity.

-K-M-

So Parallax Sinestro is weaker then pre reboot Sinestro?

carver9
Originally posted by DarkSaint85
Sinestro. This fight will go worse than with that snake which choked Hulk out.

Is the snake comparable to Mongul?

carver9
Lanterns are the same post reboot no expression

Also, he has the Parallax entity.

The Parallax that just chewed up on Hal? Is this the same Sinestro that admitted he couldn't beat some random new gods?

DarkSaint85
Is the snake comparable to Mongul?

True.

The snake < Mongul.

Let's have a feat war. You provide snake feats, I will provide Mongul feats.

carver9
True.

The snake < Mongul.

Let's have a feat war. You provide snake feats, I will provide Mongul feats.

Asking because it seems like you thought I was lowballing about Mongul trashing Sinestro which is the reason you brought up a snake, something that would never happen to current Hulk. Seems like you are attempting a lowball with a suppose lowball, not realizing how powerful Mongul is.

DarkSaint85
Asking because it seems like you thought I was lowballing about Mongul trashing Sinestro which is the reason you brought up a snake, something that would never happen to current Hulk. Seems like you are attempting a lowball with a suppose lowball, not realizing how powerful Mongul is.

Nope.

I was using it because you were referencing an old Sinestro. And surprise surprise, you fell into my trap, as I referenced an 'old' Hulk.

So you want to use 'current' Hulk, right?

I guess...we should use current Sinestro, no? Or do you want to use old Sinestro and current Hulk?

But.......that's not comparable!!!! Something doesn't add up here, Carver.

-K-M-
You brought up a fight that has no bearing on current Sinestro as a means to justify Hulk stomping him.

http://i80.photobucket.com/albums/j165/A_Flight10/dqkfn1_zps75bb658d.jpg

cdtm

Also, no rings to keep from doing something like, say, just sending the ring construct through his mouth.

Bfr is obviously the easiest, safest option. Guy Gardner, of off people, is the only ring slinger to try this on Lobo via jetpack construct, and it would have worked, until his charge gave out.

Estacado
Sinestro makes a snake and a gorilla construct.

DarkSaint85
Originally posted by Estacado
Sinestro makes a snake and a gorilla construct.

NO!! mad mad mad

The Hulk to be used is the most current one! If possible, that means Kluh (I mean, we don't have feats, but let's use implied power).

The Sinestro to be used is Thaal BEFORE he got the GL ring, powerless on Korugar, armed with a stick.

Prof. T.C McAbe
You brought up a fight that has no bearing on current Sinestro as a means to justify Hulk stomping him.

I laughed more than I should :'D.

carver9
Nope.

I was using it because you were referencing an old Sinestro. And surprise surprise, you fell into my trap, as I referenced an 'old' Hulk.

So you want to use 'current' Hulk, right?

I guess...we should use current Sinestro, no? Or do you want to use old Sinestro and current Hulk?

But.......that's not comparable!!!! Something doesn't add up here, Carver.

What's current Sinestro fts because right now, 5 no name New Gods are physically trashing some of the best Lanterns to the point that they sacrificed their own people to escape. A physical brick as powerful as Hulk should be capable of trashing Sinestro.

-K-M-
Just because Character A beat Character B, that means Character C has to beat Character B right? Sure they may have different powers and abilities, but who cares right?

Flawless.

Why are you referencing the other Green Lanterns again? Their not in this thread nor are they Sinestro with the entity. Also your example shows the power of the New Gods as you said are beating the veteran GL with ease.

carver9
Just because Character A beat Character B, that means Character C has to beat Character B right? Sure they may have different powers and abilities, but who cares right?

Flawless.

Why are you referencing the other Green Lanterns again? Their not in this thread nor are they Sinestro with the entity. Also your example shows the power of the New Gods as you said are beating the veteran GL with ease.

no expression
It's not like the new Gods are shooting blasts/etc...they are physically abusing the Lanterns...and these are no name New Gods.

-K-M-
no expression
It's not like the new Gods are shooting blasts/etc...they are physically abusing the Lanterns...and these are no name New Gods.

Ummmm what? some used special weapons such as the arrow that stole the ring from Larfreeze, used the astro force, or moved at the speed of light, using new God tech and armor, BFR through the use of a Boom Tube, etc. erm

cdtm
Which is a point for the New Gods, not against the GL's.

Even pre nu52, New Gods were unbelievably powerful. They walked all over the Martian race, and even the lowliest New God proved completely immune to their telepathy. And Darkseid did win a war with Oa back then, even casually crushing a gl ring with brute strength.

The thing is, if all your New Godz exposure involves Superman tie in's, then of course they'll look bad. Brainiac beat the entire New Genesis, for gods sake, took out Metron in his chair (And the DNAlien used it better then him), and even Maxima made Orion and Lightray look foolish.

Read other titles, and beating GL's isn't a high end, it's expected.

DarkSaint85
Also, lol at no name New Gods.

Doomsday was a no name new kid once.

So was Gorr.

Regardless, moot point. The lanterns kept their feats. Parallax is Parallax.

carver9
Ummmm what? some used special weapons such as the arrow that stole the ring from Larfreeze, used the astro force, or moved at the speed of light, using new God tech and armor, BFR through the use of a Boom Tube, etc. erm

Their constructs is being treated like trash...even by the upper tier peeps like Superman and Wonder Woman. They are not beating Hulk. Especially Sinestro but whatever...believe what you want.

-K-M-
Their constructs is being treated like trash...even by the upper tier peeps like Superman and Wonder Woman. They are not beating Hulk. Especially Sinestro but whatever...believe what you want.

So what? Those are the Green Lanterns, they are not Parallax. They are also not in this fight, so why your keep bringing them up is beyond me.

Your logic is just overall faulty, you said the New gods were merely using physical strength...they weren't. You used a fight prior to Sinestro's upgrade to justify him losing here. Faulty. You are using Green Lanterns getting beat by New Gods as evidence of Sinestro losing here. ABC logic is faulty.

carver9
So what? Those are the Green Lanterns, they are not Parallax. They are also not in this fight, so why your keep bringing them up is beyond me.

Your logic is just overall faulty, you said the New gods were merely using physical strength...they weren't. You used a fight prior to Sinestro's upgrade to justify him losing here. Faulty. You are using Green Lanterns getting beat by New Gods as evidence of Sinestro losing here. ABC logic is faulty.

Yes they are being physically halted. What are you talking about. Their constructed is being crushed (even the yellow Lanterns) and Sinestro himself admitted they couldn't stop some random New Gods. Like I stated before, believe what you want.

cdtm

Hah, the fact they're using tech makes Carver's point a nothing point.

Well, that and the fact not Sinestro. Even without the entity, he was beating someone John, Kyle, Ganthet, and two other lost against without landing a single attack.

Insane Titan
As carver says let's just ignore all the facts and believe what we want(what he thinks)

-K-M-
Yes they are being physically halted. What are you talking about. Their constructed is being crushed (even the yellow Lanterns) and Sinestro himself admitted they couldn't stop some random New Gods. Like I stated before, believe what you want.

With new god weapons, which Hulk does not have. Malhedron was shooting energy blasts with his energy mace which were the reason he defeated Guy. Even Uggha's energy hammer shot energy blasts which again defeated many Green Lanterns. Energy blasts are something you said they never did. Once again you prove you don't know what your talking about.

No, a new god army. Hulk wouldn't stop a new God army either. So your comparison falls flat again.

DarkSaint85
When a no name like Proxima Midnight appears on the scene, and owns Hulk, she has a haxxed weapon. Hulk isn't weak, oh no.

When a no name New God owns some GLs, its Sinestro with the Parallax entity who is weak.

-K-M-

Insane Titan
When a no name like Proxima Midnight appears on the scene, and owns Hulk, she has a haxxed weapon. Hulk isn't weak, oh no.

When a no name New God owns some GLs, its Sinestro with the Parallax entity who is weak. carver even said they had to create a plot device weapon to give Proxima to defeat Hulk.

carver9
With new god weapons, which Hulk does not have. Malhedron was shooting energy blasts with his energy mace which were the reason he defeated Guy. Even Uggha's energy hammer shot energy blasts which again defeated many Green Lanterns. Energy blasts are something you said they never did. Once again you prove you don't know what your talking about.

No, a new god army. Hulk wouldn't stop a new God army either. So your comparison falls flat again.

When did i say they 'only' used physical force against them?

-K-M-
When did i say they 'only' used physical force against them?

Honestly?

no expression

What's current Sinestro fts because right now, 5 no name New Gods are physically trashing some of the best Lanterns to the point that they sacrificed their own people to escape. A physical brick as powerful as Hulk should be capable of trashing Sinestro.

Golgo13
no expression

The Council of 8 are Highfather's top generals. Plus, Bekka was bathed in his power from what she has said.

Starscream M
KM, carver's point was that he didn't say the new god 'ONLY' used physical force

-K-M-
Originally posted by Starscream M
KM, carver's point was that he didn't say the new god 'ONLY' used physical force

Actually he said and I quote, "It's not like the new Gods are shooting blasts/etc...they are physically abusing the Lanterns"

meaning they weren't using energy blasts and then goes on to say they were physically beating them, but in reality is not the case. Those energy blasts actually gave them the win over many GL's which as he said....they didn't do

Prof. T.C McAbe
Carver's point is, since New Gods are above Lanterns it means that Hulk is above Sinestrollax. Easy to understand and a flawless logic since New Gods feats <<<<< Hulks feats and so New Gods <<<< Hulk.

carver9
Actually he said and I quote, "It's not like the new Gods are shooting blasts/etc...they are physically abusing the Lanterns"

meaning they weren't using energy blasts and then goes on to say they were physically beating them, but in reality is not the case. Those energy blasts actually gave them the win over many GL's which as he said....they didn't do

The point is, they can't even stop them, no matter what is being used against them. I hope you're not saying Hulk strength will not do just as much damage because it will. Now we need to discuss his durability and he can withstand just as much punishment, actually more punishment than they can. This isn't debatable. With that said, Sinestro gets wrecked.

-K-M-
The point is, they can't even stop them, no matter what is being used against them. I hope you're not saying Hulk strength will not do just as much damage because it will. Now we need to discuss his durability and he can withstand just as much punishment, actually more punishment than they can. This isn't debatable. With that said, Sinestro gets wrecked.

Point is, they can't stop a New God army. A New God army Hulk wouldn't stop either. Bad comparison.

carver9
Point is, they can't stop a New God army. A New God army Hulk wouldn't stop either. Bad comparison.

Not when one person in that army is soloing a group of Lanterns. Ft less beings that would get their wind pipe crushed by Hulk.

-K-M-
Not when one person in that army is soloing a group of Lanterns. Ft less beings that would get their wind pipe crushed by Hulk.

Oh you know the scene which you keep referring to where Sinestro "fled"...well that was an army (nor did he even fight). Also did you miss the part where he literally sacrificed his corps to "trim the fat" as he said they grew bloated in his absence and he wanted to ensure the Indigo tribe escaped so the New Gods couldn't get their teleportation abilities. You know...the context you left out.

Other New Gods defeating other Green Lanterns is pointless as their not phallax-sinestro. ABC logic.

Stoic
I know that this has nothing to do with anything, but now that the Hulk is known as Doc Green a super intelligent character, I think that it's about time that he steps up his game. I hope Marvel has him do more than hunt down Hulk's with the intent of neutralizing their powers (stupid idea, and it shouldn't have worked on Skaar being of his bloodline and all... stupid writers).

I'm really hoping to see him invent some cool toys like hand blasters, flight belts or boots, and generally stop with the one dimensional Hulk smash crap. Sorry for the rant. Carry on.

carver9
Oh you know the scene which you keep referring to where Sinestro "fled"...well that was an army (nor did he even fight). Also did you miss the part where he literally sacrificed his corps to "trim the fat" as he said they grew bloated in his absence and he wanted to ensure the Indigo tribe escaped so the New Gods couldn't get their teleportation abilities. You know...the context you left out.

That's all they had to do was take down the main person and they couldn't do that. You know, the person that Hulk is far faster, stronger, and more durable than.

-K-M-
That's all they had to do was take down the main person and they couldn't do that. You know, the person that Hulk is far faster, stronger, and more durable than.

No, that's all they could do to take out the ARMY and Bekka and it was successful. Only she survived and the Indigo Tribe escaped, and he trimmed the "fat" as he wanted. Once again, you ignored the basic context.

Also you also seem to forget when the other New Gods fought the veteran GL's they weren't alone either as you claimed. You honestly need to read the stories you "try" to debate with.

carver9
No, that's all they could do to take out the ARMY and Bekka and it was successful. Only she survived and the Indigo Tribe escaped, and he trimmed the "fat" as he wanted. Once again, you ignored the basic context.

Also you also seem to forget when the other New Gods fought the veteran GL's they weren't alone either as you claimed. You honestly need to read the stories you "try" to debate with.

She was the only one standing. Why retreat if they could have dogged piled her?

http://www.turboimagehost.com/p/20697200/7748819.jpg.html

-K-M-
She was the only one standing. Why retreat if they could have dogged piled her?

http://www.turboimagehost.com/p/20697200/7748819.jpg.html

Because they were already gone, they weren't even still around to see the outcome of it. The Indigo tribe as mentioned can transport them across the galaxy in the blink of an eye.

His goal was trim the fat in his corps, learn about Bekka and get the Indigo tribe out which he did all of that as noted in the comic. Basic stuff

carver9
Because they were already gone, they weren't even still around to see the outcome of it. The Indigo tribe as mentioned can transport them across the galaxy in the blink of an eye.

His goal was trim the fat in his corps, learn about Bekka and get the Indigo tribe out which he did all of that as noted in the comic. Basic stuff

Not they weren't. Here is the scene before that.

http://www.turboimagehost.com/p/20697767/1209869.jpg.html

They were still there. We never seen them transport.

-K-M-
Not they weren't. Here is the scene before that.

http://www.turboimagehost.com/p/20697767/1209869.jpg.html

They were still there. We never seen them transport.

Oh you mean the scene where the Indigo tribe were flying up to meet Sinestro and the Sinestro Corps keep fighting to cover them and THEN they blew up? How long do you think it takes a Green Lanterns to fly into space? did you not notice earlier where sinestro and co weren't actually far from the battle so how long would it take to meet up? Hint...not long. oh and what can the indigo tribe do again? or right teleport across the galaxy in the blink of an eye

So did we see Sinestro and co after the blasts? No. yet you seem to think they still were there except that would completely contradict his plans and the point of the story and the fact they said they you know....were leaving. Bekka didn't exactly charge after them either as you know....they were gone. So using your logic if they were still there, why didn't Bekka go after them? Because they weren't there anymore. Basic stuff which once again you fail to grasp at.

Khazra Reborn
With Parallax, Sinestro obviously wins.

Time Immemorial
Originally posted by Khazra Reborn
With Parallax, Sinestro obviously wins.

Yea I'm confused about Carvers logic here. But am I really?laughing out loud

carver9
Oh you mean the scene where the Indigo tribe were flying up to meet Sinestro and the Sinestro Corps keep fighting to cover them and THEN they blew up? How long do you think it takes a Green Lanterns to fly into space? did you not notice earlier where sinestro and co weren't actually far from the battle so how long would it take to meet up? Hint...not long. oh and what can the indigo tribe do again? or right teleport across the galaxy in the blink of an eye

So did we see Sinestro and co after the blasts? No. yet you seem to think they still were there except that would completely contradict his plans and the point of the story and the fact they said they you know....were leaving. Bekka didn't exactly charge after them either as you know....they were gone. So using your logic if they were still there, why didn't Bekka go after them? Because they weren't there anymore. Basic stuff which once again you fail to grasp at.

You know you're guessing right? The last we see of them, they were there. Can she fly?

-K-M-
You know you're guessing right? The last we see of them, they were there. Can she fly?

and you're not? Only difference my theory is actually logical and makes sense and goes with the story. So Bekka with all her rage did nothing even though by your logic they were right there? Nope...as they were already gone.

Are you kidding me? She was shown several times flying in the issue. First she is flying shooting energy blasts (oh energy blasts again....interesting) from her sword against John, then she dive bombs the Indigo tribe leader, then in mid-air slices 4-5 sinestro corp members in half, then fights Arkillio in the air. Did you read the issue? erm

mighty adam
Sinestro had a good showing from the first lantern. I believe he could easily bfr hulk. Are we still using the dumb ass logic, that when you fight hulk you play rock em sock em? I hope we moved pass that stupidity.

DarkSaint85
and you're not? Only difference my theory is actually logical and makes sense and goes with the story. So Bekka with all her rage did nothing even though by your logic they were right there? Nope...as they were already gone.

Are you kidding me? She was shown several times flying in the issue. First she is flying shooting energy blasts (oh energy blasts again....interesting) from her sword against John, then she dive bombs the Indigo tribe leader, then in mid-air slices 4-5 sinestro corp members in half, then fights Arkillio in the air. Did you read the issue? erm

*cue scans of Hulk jumping about, which = flying in Carver's book

uberhulk
GL constructs have been shattered like glass by the likes of Wonder Woman (Justice League 11 & Wonder Woman 19), Superman (Justice League 2 & Superman 642), Orion (Green Lantern New Gods Godhead 1) and Darkseid (Justice League 5).

Hulk is monstrously strong and smashes things that should be impossible to smash so wouldn't have a problem.

Current Hulk is the same as all the other Hulks, his strength levels are dependent on his emotional state. Grey Hulk was different because of his weakness to sunlight. Savage Hulk could, early on, be KTFO by electricity or high amounts of energy. Once the mindless Hulk stage started that was no longer the case. Since going to the planet Sakaar - World War Hulk Gamma Files :

"Following exposure to the warp core on the planet Sakaar, the Hulk's strength increased to its highest-ever level, outmatching the physical power of all of Earth's heroes."

That's current Hulk.

carver9
Originally posted by uberhulk
GL constructs have been shattered like glass by the likes of Wonder Woman (Justice League 11 & Wonder Woman 19), Superman (Justice League 2 & Superman 642), Orion (Green Lantern New Gods Godhead 1) and Darkseid (Justice League 5).

Hulk is monstrously strong and smashes things that should be impossible to smash so wouldn't have a problem.

Current Hulk is the same as all the other Hulks, his strength levels are dependent on his emotional state. Grey Hulk was different because of his weakness to sunlight. Savage Hulk could, early on, be KTFO by electricity or high amounts of energy. Once the mindless Hulk stage started that was no longer the case. Since going to the planet Sakaar - World War Hulk Gamma Files :

"Following exposure to the warp core on the planet Sakaar, the Hulk's strength increased to its highest-ever level, outmatching the physical power of all of Earth's heroes."

That's current Hulk.

Well, current Hulk is still being referred to as World Breaker. Hell, there's a scene where it is is stated that he is a Galactically known planetary threat.

http://4.bp.blogspot.com/-LQveabwX_gU/UuBNeYI2LxI/AAAAAAAAY-Q/ihphGql-_o4/s1600/Iron+Man+v520.INH-009.jpg

Still referred too as World Breaker (also, just noticed, nice showing for Starbrand...He was still holding back against of the most powerful beings on the planet).

http://s388.photobucket.com/user/OneDumbG0/media-full/Random/Starbrand04.jpg.html

Thing is, it has been stated recently that Hulk even during his angrier moments is still holding back his strength so we will probably never see him oozing with green radiation again.

cdtm
Originally posted by uberhulk

That's current Hulk.

Lets just ignore Kyle Rayner bottling up a sun, John Stewart auto shields protecting against a planets worth of anti matter, Rond Vidar's shield holding off an extended assault from Superboy Prime, or Kalmaku defeating the entire JLA in Last Will and Testiment of Hal Jordan.

Plus, a minor detail that none of them are Sinestro.

Prof. T.C McAbe
So everyone but Carter agrees that Hulk loses against Sinestrollax? Good thumb up .

carver9
Originally posted by cdtm
Lets just ignore Kyle Rayner bottling up a sun, John Stewart auto shields protecting against a planets worth of anti matter, Rond Vidar's shield holding off an extended assault from Superboy Prime, or Kalmaku defeating the entire JLA in Last Will and Testiment of Hal Jordan.

Still doesn't take away from what he said. Every high end brick has crushed their shields like paper weight. If someone like Orion can rip through those shields with ease, you shouldn't question if Hulk could do it at all. If Sinestro is pulling a win here (and he will not), his constructs will not be the reason be won.

cdtm
Superboy Prime?

Kalmaku holding off Superman?

Yellow Lantern Cyborg Superman?

carver9
Superboy Prime?

Name everyone who's cracked it and Superboy Prime was weakened when they had him trapped.

DarkSaint85
WHAT DOES ANY OF THE GL FEATS HAVE TO DO WITH SINESTRO WITH PARALLAX????

cdtm
Superboy Prime?

Rond Vidar held off a full powered SBP.

carver9
WHAT DOES ANY OF THE GL FEATS HAVE TO DO WITH SINESTRO WITH PARALLAX????

Their constructs is being cracked like tissue paper...some of the best GLs. Sinestro constructs will get cracked open as well. Also, what's Sinestro best fts with the Parallax?

cdtm
Killing the Guardians?

And making the Guardians and even First Lantern (universal level reality warper and manipulator of the entire emotional spectrum) terrified. The fear powers gonna make it hard for Hulk to work up anger.

carver9
Killing the Guardians?

And making the Guardians and even First Lantern terrified. The fear powers gonna make it hard for Hulk to work up anger.

Scans?

DarkSaint85
Where are the scans of Superman breaking the Hellbat armour with a hit

-K-M-
With your logic of using green lantern feats for sinestro I might as well use She Hulk feats for Hulk then. Dumb.

Also I guess low showings are fair game too even for Hulk.

DarkSaint85
Their constructs is being cracked like tissue paper...some of the best GLs. Sinestro constructs will get cracked open as well. Also, what's Sinestro best fts with the Parallax?

Erm....if GLs are heralds, You DO know Sinestro was capable of creating hundreds of GLs, right? Something that HAl/Guy/etc haven't done:

http://static.comicvine.com/uploads/scale_super/11/114774/2479071-ring_creation.png

And he can casually destroy rings too. Again, something GLs can't do.

IOW, equating GLs to Sinestro (at base) is stupid. Equating them to him with Parallax is stupider still.

DarkSaint85
Not to mention, pre-Parallax upgrade, Sinestro tanked a planet busting attack:
http://static.comicvine.com/uploads/scale_super/10/103530/3052073-2013-04-03+07-37-30+-+green+lantern+19-013.jpg
http://static.comicvine.com/uploads/scale_super/10/103530/3052074-2013-04-03+07-37-39+-+green+lantern+19-014.jpg
http://static.comicvine.com/uploads/scale_super/10/103530/3052075-2013-04-03+07-37-42+-+green+lantern+19-015.jpg
http://static.comicvine.com/uploads/scale_super/10/103530/3052078-2013-04-03+07-37-49+-+green+lantern+19-018.jpg
http://static.comicvine.com/uploads/scale_super/10/103530/3052079-2013-04-03+07-37-53+-+green+lantern+19-019.jpg

DarkSaint85
Killing the Guardians?

And making the Guardians and even First Lantern (universal level reality warper and manipulator of the entire emotional spectrum) terrified. The fear powers gonna make it hard for Hulk to work up anger.

He didn't just make them terrified.

He literally slaughtered the Guardians. All of them. All except Ganthet and Sayd.

cdtm
He didn't just make them terrified.

He literally slaughtered the Guardians. All of them. All except Ganthet and Sayd.

Yep.

The point is, even if Carver tries denying Sin straight up takes Hulk, he can't deny he'll make Hulk feel fear. Not if beings who dedicated themselves to eradicating emotion had it forced on them.

It's hard to work up pure anger when you're afraid.

abhilegend

Slight correction, Kalmaku had Zero Hour Parallax's power at that time.

-K-M-

Hence why the Void was so effective against the Hulk. He was terrified of him.

carver9
Hulk wins

DarkSaint85
Sinestro =/= GLs, even when he WAS a GL.

DarkSaint85
Yep.

The point is, even if Carver tries denying Sin straight up takes Hulk, he can't deny he'll make Hulk feel fear. Not if beings who dedicated themselves to eradicating emotion had it forced on them.

http://static.comicvine.com/uploads/scale_super/11118/111180200/4092502-2081574329-40888.jpg

carver9
Yep.

Hulk has overcame such things though.

carver9
Not to mention, pre-Parallax upgrade, Sinestro tanked a planet busting attack:
http://static.comicvine.com/uploads/scale_super/10/103530/3052073-2013-04-03+07-37-30+-+green+lantern+19-013.jpg
http://static.comicvine.com/uploads/scale_super/10/103530/3052074-2013-04-03+07-37-39+-+green+lantern+19-014.jpg
http://static.comicvine.com/uploads/scale_super/10/103530/3052075-2013-04-03+07-37-42+-+green+lantern+19-015.jpg
http://static.comicvine.com/uploads/scale_super/10/103530/3052078-2013-04-03+07-37-49+-+green+lantern+19-018.jpg
http://static.comicvine.com/uploads/scale_super/10/103530/3052079-2013-04-03+07-37-53+-+green+lantern+19-019.jpg

no expression

Don't get why you posted this.

DarkSaint85
no expression

Don't get why you posted this.

Really?

I posted it because you were using feats of GLs. And I was then showcasing how Sinestro, BEFORE he got Parallax, was already tanking planet busting attacks (which are WBH level - you know, the level where heralds were being melted) whilst they were being fired next to him.

If you want to equate the other GLs to that (bearing in mind Hal was accomplishing his feats using a ring CREATED by Sinestro and LIMITED by Sinestro), then be my guest.

But the point was, Sinestro is more powerful than a GL. Even when he WAS a GL.

So to equate the two, and say A=B, is silly.

Parallax, being a powerful emotional entity, should then be an upgrade on this Sinestro, no?

DarkSaint85
Hulk has overcame such things though.

Hence why the Void was so effective against the Hulk. He was terrified of him.

http://static.comicvine.com/uploads/original/1/15047/430626-scan0003dl7.jpg

But of course, this is a different Hulk, right? And therefore, pointless to bring up, RIGHT?

Just like bringing up GLs is....pointless when discussing New Gods (who aren't Hulk) breaking GLs (who aren't Sinestro...or have Parallax).

carver9
Really?

I posted it because you were using feats of GLs. And I was then showcasing how Sinestro, BEFORE he got Parallax, was already tanking planet busting attacks (which are WBH level - you know, the level where heralds were being melted) whilst they were being fired next to him.

If you want to equate the other GLs to that (bearing in mind Hal was accomplishing his feats using a ring CREATED by Sinestro and LIMITED by Sinestro), then be my guest.

But the point was, Sinestro is more powerful than a GL. Even when he WAS a GL.

So to equate the two, and say A=B, is silly.

Parallax, being a powerful emotional entity, should then be an upgrade on this Sinestro, no?

So you brought up him withstanding (not tanking) a planet busting attack (that isn't on WBH level) as reference that he will tank Hulk punches? If not, then, again, I don't know why you brought that up. Never said he wasn't durable.

What super strong person has Sinestro defeated? The last fight i remember him in against an elite brick, he was getting worked.

carver9
http://static.comicvine.com/uploads/original/1/15047/430626-scan0003dl7.jpg

But of course, this is a different Hulk, right? And therefore, pointless to bring up, RIGHT?

Just like bringing up GLs is....pointless when discussing New Gods (who aren't Hulk) breaking GLs (who aren't Sinestro...or have Parallax).

No. That showing can be used against Hulk since again, Hulk is Hulk, but, he does have resistance fts. Also, it was stated that Void/Sentry is the remedy to Hulk's anger. Sentry is Hulk kryptonite.

DarkSaint85
So you brought up him withstanding (not tanking) a planet busting attack (that isn't on WBH level) as reference that he will tank Hulk punches? If not, then, again, I don't know why you brought that up. Never said he wasn't durable.

What super strong person has Sinestro defeated? The last fight i remember him in against an elite brick, he was getting worked.

He had no broken bones, no bloodied wounds, some rips in his clothes....and that's it. Most of it was psychological, as he lost Korugar. He cried a bit, then went back onto revenge.

Do you think the other GLs can withstand that? I see I will have to walk you step by step again.

By that logic....

What ring slinger has current Hulk defeated? also, this elite strong man showing....Did he have Parallax?

DarkSaint85
No. That showing can be used against Hulk since again, Hulk is Hulk, but, he does have resistance fts. Also, it was stated that Void/Sentry is the remedy to Hulk's anger. Sentry is Hulk kryptonite.

Yeah, because he had every bone broken by the Void. Sentry calms him down, as stated in that scan - what does the Void do?

So yeah. Hulk gets some fear dosed into him.

carver9
He had no broken bones, no bloodied wounds, some rips in his clothes....and that's it. Most of it was psychological, as he lost Korugar. He cried a bit, then went back onto revenge.

Do you think the other GLs can withstand that? I see I will have to walk you step by step again.

By that logic....

What ring slinger has current Hulk defeated? also, this elite strong man showing....Did he have Parallax?

He didn't tank it like you said though. You're using the word TANK wrong.

I don't think all GLS can withstand that but there are GLS that has withstood Black holes and planetary attacks. Doesn't mean that Hulk can't bust their face in.

Hulk has walked through similar. Ripped through Strange Crimson bands...beat up on Quasar. Really doesn't matter tbh. I can provide proof of similar beings mud stomping Sinestro "without plot, sad thing is, you can't provide examples of similar beings defeating Hulk.

The scans you've shown is Sinestro going physical with his opponent...that would get him killed here.

DarkSaint85
He didn't tank it like you said though. You're using the word TANK wrong.

I don't think all GLS can withstand that but there are GLS that has withstood Black holes and planetary attacks. Doesn't mean that Hulk can't bust their face in.

Hulk has walked through similar. Ripped through Strange Crimson bands...beat up on Quasar. Really doesn't matter tbh. I can provide proof of similar beings mud stomping Sinestro "without plot, sad thing is, you can't provide examples of similar beings defeating Hulk.

The scans you've shown is Sinestro going physical with his opponent...that would get him killed here.

So....was he hurt by it? And if so, what were his injuries?

IOW, GLs =/= Sinestro. So if you are not going to share out all their feats, why cherry pick? Either they are the same, in whcih case, you are correct and I apologise, and you are fre to use the New God showings for Sinestro....or they aren't. Which you have just admitted. So the point still stands. Showings of the GLs against the New Gods is pointless, as this is Sinestro with Parallax vs Hulk.

Crimson Bands =/= Sinestro with Parallax. Quasar =/=Sinestro with Parallax. Damn you are terrible at this.

Because Volthoom was the First Lantern, and was drawing on the emotions of the ringwielders. Hence, you need to get physical. Can Hulk drain the emotions of a ringwielder? Do you even know who/what Volthoom was?

DarkSaint85
Oh, btw, the scans I showed of Sinestro getting physical with his opponent?

This is what his opponent can do:

http://www.flipgeeks.com/wp-content/uploads/2013/05/green-lantern-20-geoff-johns-finale-17.jpg

Time Immemorial
Sinestro pulls the fear right outa hulk and Hulk dies.

carver9
So....was he hurt by it? And if so, what were his injuries?

IOW, GLs =/= Sinestro. So if you are not going to share out all their feats, why cherry pick? Either they are the same, in whcih case, you are correct and I apologise, and you are fre to use the New God showings for Sinestro....or they aren't. Which you have just admitted. So the point still stands. Showings of the GLs against the New Gods is pointless, as this is Sinestro with Parallax vs Hulk.

Crimson Bands =/= Sinestro with Parallax. Quasar =/=Sinestro with Parallax. Damn you are terrible at this.

Because Volthoom was the First Lantern, and was drawing on the emotions of the ringwielders. Hence, you need to get physical. Can Hulk drain the emotions of a ringwielder? Do you even know who/what Volthoom was?

First answer this...what is your definition of 'tanking' something?

Why are you still bringing up GLs? When was the last time I even brought up a GL? What I'm asking you is, who is the toughest person Sinestro took down? A physical brick other than the ones he has had trouble with.

The showings against the New Gods isn't pointless.

The people I've named constructs/ bands were ripped apart. Hulk has also ripped through shielding that was classified as being powerful enough to hold back the Celestial race. That poops on any construct yow boy can conjure.

I don't care about drawing emotions. What I'm asking you is, how strong was this guy? Don't get why people don't understand that just because you are a high energy wielder doesn't mean you are out wrestling Superman and Hulk. That's like me saying Kyle or Hal is stronger physically than Supergirl because of their planetary containing showings. If we are not on the same page here with the understanding of posts...maybe we need to stop.

carver9
Oh, btw, the scans I showed of Sinestro getting physical with his opponent?

This is what his opponent can do:

http://www.flipgeeks.com/wp-content/uploads/2013/05/green-lantern-20-geoff-johns-finale-17.jpg

Gotcha. And Hulk out muscled a guy that created a sun with a thought and was about to warp reality. Energy wielders = strength. Hulk just recently nearly overpowered a guy that was tearing away the fabric of space time. The same guy that was bossing around a Phoenix and IG wielder.

Gotcha. Like using that style of debate. Hulk still wins.

Estacado
haermm
So creating a universe=creating a sun..

DarkSaint85
First answer this...what is your definition of 'tanking' something?

Why are you still bringing up GLs? When was the last time I even brought up a GL? What I'm asking you is, who is the toughest person Sinestro took down? A physical brick other than the ones he has had trouble with.

The showings against the New Gods isn't pointless.

The people I've named constructs/ bands were ripped apart. Hulk has also ripped through shielding that was classified as being powerful enough to hold back the Celestial race. That poops on any construct yow boy can conjure.

I don't care about drawing emotions. What I'm asking you is, how strong was this guy? Don't get why people don't understand that just because you are a high energy wielder doesn't mean you are out wrestling Superman and Hulk. That's like me saying Kyle or Hal is stronger physically than Supergirl because of their planetary containing showings. If we are not on the same page here with the understanding of posts...maybe we need to stop.

1st question - when there is no significant damage. You wail on that person (Thor vs Thanos, or BB vs Thanos) and that person takes it, and is able to deal damage back at you without relying on a HF. Sometimes, you can say 'he tanked it with a smile', but a smile is not necessary.

2. I'm bringing them up - because YOU ARE STILL BRINGING UP THEIR SHOWINGS AGAINST THE NEW GODS. In your very next paragraph, even.

3. Volthoom was remaking the entire universe. Altering reality on a universal scale.

And you are asking for strength feats? That's like saying TOAA has no lifting feats. Living Tribunal has none. The Presence has no lifting feats etc etc. Therefore, as Batman has more strength feats, Batman knocks the Presence out. Is that what you're really doing? Asking how strong a reality manipulator on a universal scale is????

DarkSaint85
Gotcha. And Hulk out muscled a guy that created a sun with a thought and was about to warp reality. Energy wielders = strength. Hulk just recently nearly overpowered a guy that was tearing away the fabric of space time. The same guy that was bossing around a Phoenix and IG wielder.

Gotcha. Like using that style of debate. Hulk still wins.

Lol. Created a sun with a thought, woop de doo.........

You're comparing remaking the entire universe as the same as creating a sun???

Hell, Constantine has created suns before.....

FFS.

Time Immemorial

And you are asking for strength feats? That's like saying TOAA has no lifting feats. Living Tribunal has none. The Presence has no lifting feats etc etc. Therefore, as Batman has more strength feats, Batman knocks the Presence out. Is that what you're really doing? Asking how strong a reality manipulator on a universal scale is????

That is what he is saying.

carver9
Lol. Created a sun with a thought, woop de doo.........

You're comparing remaking the entire universe as the same as creating a sun???

Hell, Constantine has created suns before.....

FFS.

So Constantine is more powerful than Franklin Richards? The person I'm talking about had the complete power of Franklin Richards, Nate Grey, Professor X, and Magneto.

DarkSaint85
So Constantine is more powerful than Franklin Richards? The person I'm talking about had the complete power of Franklin Richards, Nate Grey, Professor X, and Magneto.

Erm...no,

I'm saying creating a sun ain't all that, relative to....

...remaking the universe, which is more impressive.

Are you really arguing against that? How many suns/stars do you think are in the universe?

carver9
1st question - when there is no significant damage. You wail on that person (Thor vs Thanos, or BB vs Thanos) and that person takes it, and is able to deal damage back at you without relying on a HF. Sometimes, you can say 'he tanked it with a smile', but a smile is not necessary.

2. I'm bringing them up - because YOU ARE STILL BRINGING UP THEIR SHOWINGS AGAINST THE NEW GODS. In your very next paragraph, even.

3. Volthoom was remaking the entire universe. Altering reality on a universal scale.

He endured it, not tanked it. He did not tank that planetary attack.

I didn't bring up anything. You brought them up in the post I commented on which resulted in a response.

Gotcha. Still doesn't take away from what I said. Hulk overpowering someone who possessed Abstract powers. Hulk powers surprising the most powerful being In comics (Beyonder).

My question is a simple one. Who.has.Sinestro.beaten.that.is.a.physical.elite? You see, simple question. The last fight he got into with an elite Brick, he was getting crushed and toyed with. Convince me, show me his fight against an elite brick because until I see something different, people like Hulk, Doomsday, Superman, Gladiator, Wonder Woman, Thor, would split his wig.

carver9
Erm...no,

I'm saying creating a sun ain't all that, relative to....

...remaking the universe, which is more impressive.

Are you really arguing against that? How many suns/stars do you think are in the universe?

And what I'm saying is, Hulk ripped a person apart that was feeding off of an abstract. I agree with your universe (did he even create one or was that an image in his hand) vs a sun but that goes against nothing I've said.

DarkSaint85
And what I'm saying is, Hulk ripped a person apart that was feeding off of an abstract. I agree with your universe (did he even create one or was that an image in his hand) vs a sun but that goes against nothing I've said.

Lol. Question - did you read the arc. Do you know who Volthoom was, and what he could do? Even if you didn't, you can see White Lantern Kyle saying that history was being undone, the life web was being taken apart, it was ALL unravelling.

Are you still asking for his strength feat?

carver9
Lol. Question - did you read the arc. Do you know who Volthoom was, and what he could do? Even if you didn't, you can see White Lantern Kyle saying that history was being undone, the life web was being taken apart, it was ALL unravelling.

Are you still asking for his strength feat?

Read some of it. So what you're saying is, what he did was more of an energy showing? What made you post the scan if I may ask? You show Sinestro ripping his heart out, then you post a scan of an image of a universe in his hand. Now you're saying he was rewriting the universe. All nice and dandy but I don't get it. What was the point of posting that? What relevance did it have for what I was asking?

Time Immemorial
dur

DarkSaint85
Read some of it. So what you're saying is, what he did was more of an energy showing? What made you post the scan if I may ask? You show Sinestro ripping his heart out, then you post a scan of an image of a universe in his hand. Now you're saying he was rewriting the universe. All nice and dandy but I don't get it. What was the point of posting that? What relevance did it have for what I was asking?

It's one of those where I have to lead you by the hand, I see.

Fear not, little carver, as we embark on this journey! Remember to read this post several times, slowly, to understand what I'm trying to say.

By saying you read some of it = you saw some mention of it in the ownage thread?

I will now walk you through it.

You first dismissed Volthoom. Then said look at Sinestro, getting up close and personal - if he tries that against Hulk, he'd die.

Had you read the comic, you'd have seen that firing from long distance (i.e. the entire spectrum, not just the GLs, but also the Reds/Sinestro Corps/Indigo Tribe/Star Sapphires/Blue Lanterns were firing, with John Stewart coordinating and using Mogo as a lens thingy.

IOW, long distance blasts did not work. Moreover, Volthoom is not Hulk; he was strengthened by the emotional spectrum.

SO, you need to get up close and personal. THAT is why Sinestro was up in his face.

Hence, me posting the scan of him ripping the heart out.

Now, why is ripping his heart out so impressive? He DID hurt Volthoom - hence the ARRRRRGH sound. He obviously does not need a heart - he was still talking afterwards.

THAT is why I posted the scan of him remaking the universe. As confirmed by WL Kyle, who is connected to the universe. He grabbed, then ripped the heart out of a universal-level reality warper. And this isn't mere hyperbole either - he was actually remaking reality (and history as well).

carver9
It's one of those where I have to lead you by the hand, I see.

Fear not, little carver, as we embark on this journey! Remember to read this post several times, slowly, to understand what I'm trying to say.

By saying you read some of it = you saw some mention of it in the ownage thread?

I will now walk you through it.

You first dismissed Volthoom. Then said look at Sinestro, getting up close and personal - if he tries that against Hulk, he'd die.

Had you read the comic, you'd have seen that firing from long distance (i.e. the entire spectrum, not just the GLs, but also the Reds/Sinestro Corps/Indigo Tribe/Star Sapphires/Blue Lanterns were firing, with John Stewart coordinating and using Mogo as a lens thingy.

IOW, long distance blasts did not work. Moreover, Volthoom is not Hulk; he was strengthened by the emotional spectrum.

SO, you need to get up close and personal. THAT is why Sinestro was up in his face.

Hence, me posting the scan of him ripping the heart out.

Now, why is ripping his heart out so impressive? He DID hurt Volthoom - hence the ARRRRRGH sound. He obviously does not need a heart - he was still talking afterwards.

THAT is why I posted the scan of him remaking the universe. As confirmed by WL Kyle, who is connected to the universe. He grabbed, then ripped the heart out of a universal-level reality warper. And this isn't mere hyperbole either - he was actually remaking reality (and history as well).

No, not the ownage thread my friend. I own the comic and never took the time to read it since GLs sucks.

Aaaaahhhhh, so what you're saying is, since this guy withstood energy attacks from all of these people, Sinestro ripping his heart out is impressive and it means that he would rip Hulk heart out? Or are you trying to imply that Sinestro is universal? Let me know.

What other fts does Sinestro have outside of fight GL like characters? Example, some of the main GLS does amazing against other high tier Lantern beings which would include that fancy Krono buster, etc... but when they fight high tier beings physical beings, it doesn't look so one sided, or better words for it, they don't win...ie, Black Mary outright stomping one of the premier Lanterns or Sinestro getting curbed by Mongul (without plot) or Black Adam running through Alan Scott. Not naming all of their brick showings but it isn't great. Hell, Lantern with the Ion stored in him was getting worked by an Imperiex Probe. With that said, back to what I was asking. What other fights do you have with Sinestro. Ok, you've done a good job proving he can beat Lantern like characters. If someone like Superman ran in his face, nothing like that would happen. Do you agree or not agree?

DarkSaint85
Oh wow yeah you missed my point lol.

I'm saying, long distance energy attacks were tried, and failed. Hence, Sinestro getting physical. Otherwise, if he kept his distance, Hulk dies.

What other showings ? Moot. Parallax, bro. Stop bringing GL fights up!!!!

DarkSaint85
Shall I bring up Red She hulks fights? A bomb? She Hulk? No. That's useless.

Why are you bringing up Alan Scott, Kyle Ion etc?

-K-M-
If he keeps bringing up low showings of other green lanterns you have every right to bring up she hulk low feats. That's carver logic

carver9
Shall I bring up Red She hulks fights? A bomb? She Hulk? No. That's useless.

Why are you bringing up Alan Scott, Kyle Ion etc?

I'm using them as examples. The examples was, GLs does amazing against one another like Hulk's does good against each other, Supers, etc... it's when they face beings that doesn't possess the same powers they have, thats when things change. When we get a perspective of how a fight would go between Hulk vs someone with versatility, or Sinestro vs a physical power house, or Superman vs an energy drainer. This is what i am asking you for. Don't get why you can't grasp this.

carver9
If he keeps bringing up low showings of other green lanterns you have every right to bring up she hulk low feats. That's carver logic

Read my posts and tell me where I brought up any low showings. Read it. Me asking him a question isn't me bringing up low fts.

-K-M-
Read my posts and tell me where I brought up any low showings. Read it. Me asking him a question isn't me bringing up low fts.

Your bringing up instances of where constructs of unrelated green lanterns have failed as a means to use as a low showing for sinestro. You are cherry picking unrelated feats, but if you do that I guess Kyle holding back the Big Bang can be used for sinestro using your logic.

You also referenced Alan Scott. Do you know who he is? He's not connected to the corps and gains his abilities from a completely different power source. Nor did his fight with adam was at the peak of his powers.

DarkSaint85
So I'm allowed to bring up She Hulk against energy wielders, just 'as an example', right?

Again, moot as Sinestro has Parallax. Its like me asking you for Doc Green against energy drainers....and then bringing up She hulk vs Silver Surfer or something. You'd be throwing a fit.

But I see that you're just going to ignore his showings against a planet buster, a universal reality warper...because he's in a Lantern book, and is a Lantern type enemy. Lol. At least you have moves your phrasing on from asking for strength feats from said reality warper. Maybe you should make a Batman vs the Presence thread, as the Presence has fewer feats.

Shall I limit you to not using any showings from the Hulk books?

Star brand waved him away with a gesture. Sinestro does the same.

-K-M-
So Hal Jordan or Kyle rayner feats when possessed by parallax are fair game for sinestro as well?

DarkSaint85
Parallax is Parallax, I'm sure carver has no issue with it.

carver9
So I'm allowed to bring up She Hulk against energy wielders, just 'as an example', right?

Again, moot as Sinestro has Parallax. Its like me asking you for Doc Green against energy drainers....and then bringing up She hulk vs Silver Surfer or something. You'd be throwing a fit.

But I see that you're just going to ignore his showings against a planet buster, a universal reality warper...because he's in a Lantern book, and is a Lantern type enemy. Lol. At least you have moves your phrasing on from asking for strength feats from said reality warper. Maybe you should make a Batman vs the Presence thread, as the Presence has fewer feats.

Shall I limit you to not using any showings from the Hulk books?

Star brand waved him away with a gesture. Sinestro does the same.

You are clearly misunderstanding me. I'm not comparing the two...GLS and Sinestro. Reread my post.

carver9
I'm using them as examples. The examples was, GLs does amazing against one another like Hulk's does good against each other, Supers, etc... it's when they face beings that doesn't possess the same powers they have, thats when things change. When we get a perspective of how a fight would go between Hulk vs someone with versatility, or Sinestro vs a physical power house, or Superman vs an energy drainer. This is what i am asking you for. Don't get why you can't grasp this.

READ. Lanterns does well against each other. Hulk's does well against each other. Supermen does well against each other. It's when they fight characters of DIFFERENT power is when we get a grasp on their actual power level. Hulk does good against Super Bricks but falls short against energy drainers. Superman does good against energy wielders but falls short against high versatility (red son radiation, kryptonite conjurers).

Do you not understand this (lol)? That's why I'm asking you, outside (how many times do I have to repeat this) of fighting OTHER LANTERNS, who has Sinestro defeated? Can you not grasp the concept of my question? Good god!!!

carver9
So Hal Jordan or Kyle rayner feats when possessed by parallax are fair game for sinestro as well?

SMH. Stop skimming over my posts. Read it.

-K-M-
SMH. Stop skimming over my posts. Read it.

Their idiotic and full of faulty logic. You don't seem to get base sinestro is different then parallax sinestro. Your examples are moronic and serve no basis nor do they even apply to current sinestro.

Time Immemorial
I get the feeling that Carver says no one understands him or the scans they read, but its quiet the opposite. No one understands carver or how he comes to his faulty logic and tried go convince that this is truth.

carver9
Their idiotic and full of faulty logic. You don't seem to get base sinestro is different then parallax sinestro. Your examples are moronic and serve no basis nor do they even apply to current sinestro.

What's 'current' Sinestro fts?

DarkSaint85
What's 'current' Sinestro fts?

Haha noooo you see, now you get to have a little taste of 'Hulk logic'.

You see, Sinestro has had an upgrade. He now has the fear entity inside him (which, btw, has never been retconned as being weaker than when it infected Hal etc).

THEREFORE, all of his low feats are inapplicable.

HOWEVER, all of his high end feats are applicable. If he was able to do them when at 'base', he can surely now do them at upgraded levels.

carver9
Haha noooo you see, now you get to have a little taste of 'Hulk logic'.

You see, Sinestro has had an upgrade. He now has the fear entity inside him (which, btw, has never been retconned as being weaker than when it infected Hal etc).

THEREFORE, all of his low feats are inapplicable.

HOWEVER, all of his high end feats are applicable. If he was able to do them when at 'base', he can surely now do them at upgraded levels.

Sooooooo, with this entity inside of him, what fts does he have?

DarkSaint85
Sooooooo, with this entity inside of him, what fts does he have?

Would you also like to be shown feats of Parallax?

mighty adam
Sinestrollax is capable of installing great fear. Hulk is scared of many things the void comes to mind. Sinestrollax will make the hulk scared. His power will be reduced due to instead of anger he'll be afraid.

carver9
Would you also like to be shown feats of Parallax?

No. Fts of Sinestro with it.

DarkSaint85
No. Fts of Sinestro with it.

Why not Parallax? It's the same, isn't it?

carver9
Why not Parallax? It's the same, isn't it?

I guess. I just want to see how he use it 'in character'.

mighty adam
We all can agree sinestrollax wins. He has 10000000+ ways to beat hulk. Hulk has one and this is not a boxing match, so his punchers chance dont fly. Hulk loses 10-10

Bentley
It's too early to say what Sinestro can do, until we see the actual limits of his Pharallax, is only reasonable to assume he beats Hulk for a healthy majority.

carver9
Originally posted by Bentley
It's too early to say what Sinestro can do, until we see the actual limits of his Pharallax, is only reasonable to assume he beats Hulk for a healthy majority.

no expression

Golgo13

thumb up

Bentley
no expression

Sinestro is pretty versatile without any upgrades, if Hulk actually stood head and shoulders above him you could argue otherwise. Time might prove Sinestro can't really make the most of Pharallax, but we're not going to downgrade two established characters until we actually get some proof.

We discussed about gamma infused Thor some other day remember? Before the character acted, it was only reasonable to assume he'd punk most heralds without any issue and people who dismissed the amalgam were just wishful thinkers trying to save face. It's essentially the same here.

In either case early conclusions like this are pretty empty of meaning and shouldn't be given too much weight. In a week or two they can be entirely disproven.

carver9
Sinestro is pretty versatile without any upgrades, if Hulk actually stood head and shoulders above him you could argue otherwise. Time might prove Sinestro can't really make the most of Pharallax, but we're not going to downgrade two established characters until we actually get some proof.

We discussed about gamma infused Thor some other day remember? Before the character acted, it was only reasonable to assume he'd punk most heralds without any issue and people who dismissed the amalgam were just wishful thinkers trying to save face. It's essentially the same here.

In either case early conclusions like this are pretty empty of meaning and shouldn't be given too much weight. In a week or two they can be entirely disproven.

But you do need fts instead of assumptions though. I'm not going to assume a character can beat another character without any fts, especially when it comes to a character like Hulk who can do anything.

I voted for Gamma powered Thor because he does have fts and I posted them in the thread he was in. He was easily operating in trans tier. Is this thread about current versions?

Bentley
But you do need fts instead of assumptions though. I'm not going to assume a character can beat another character without any fts, especially when it comes to a character like Hulk who can do anything.

Sinestro has many great feats and so does Pharallax. We've seen Lanterns weilding entities before. Considering the lack of feats, we have a rather big amount of elements to make a discussion.

Would arguing with feats be better? Of course, I said as much in my post. But if Sinestro were to lose his entity in two books, without any extensive feats so to speak we could still extrapolate a lot of his power out of what we know of the entity and Sinestro. Then you'd sound biased as hell if you just said "he has no feats, hence he can only be considered as powerful as regular Sinestro". But you could still do it by claiming there is no proof, but you'd know then, there is no possible proof.

The current state is similar, but we have a much more healthy option of waiting and seeing. There is nothing irrational about trying to gauge an amalgam without feats in hand, it's just not as sound of a discussion.

carver9
Sinestro has many great feats and so does Pharallax. We've seen Lanterns weilding entities before. Considering the lack of feats, we have a rather big amount of elements to make a discussion.

Would arguing with feats be better? Of course, I said as much in my post. But if Sinestro were to lose his entity in two books, without any extensive feats so to speak we could still extrapolate a lot of his power out of what we know of the entity and Sinestro. Then you'd sound biased as hell if you just said "he has no feats, hence he can only be considered as powerful as regular Sinestro". But you could still do it by claiming there is no proof, but you'd know then, there is no possible proof.

The current state is similar, but we have a much more healthy option of waiting and seeing. There is nothing irrational about trying to gauge an amalgam without feats in hand, it's just not as sound of a discussion.

Not saying he isn't more powerful than his previous self, what I'm asking is, how does he fight with the entity. The last time I seen his usage of it, he used it to chew on his enemy which wouldn't fly here. I'm not going to guess how Sinestro fight with this power up. Thats why I'm asking for showings. Will he blast with it? Use it as a teleportation device. Blow up the planet with it? Do you see what I am asking now?

I don't mind giving him the majority but at least provide some type of evidence.

Bentley
I don't mind giving him the majority but at least provide some type of evidence.

Well, you can aknowledge right now we can't provide evidence and there might never be evidence. If you can't admit the character under other considerations the only intellectually honest thing to do is ignore the thread because you cannot judge it properly.

What you don't do is ask people for proof you know doesn't exist. Proof that doesn't exist never matters.

Not saying he isn't more powerful than his previous self, what I'm asking is, how does he fight with the entity. The last time I seen his usage of it, he used it to chew on his enemy which wouldn't fly here. I'm not going to guess how Sinestro fight with this power up. That why I'm asking for showings. Will he blast with it? Use it as a teleportation device. Blow up the planet with it? Do you see what I am asking now?

We have rules for that. He fights at the best of his abilities.

carver9
Well, you can aknowledge right now we can't provide evidence and there might never be evidence. If you can't admit the character under other considerations the only intellectually honest thing to do is ignore the thread because you cannot judge it properly.

What you don't do is ask people for proof you know doesn't exist. Proof that doesn't exist never matters.

We have rules for that. He fights at the best of his abilities.

I agree with your first statement.

He also fights In character unless we are in agreement that Hulk could reach Sinestro across the battlefield in less than the blink of an eye (and yes, Hulk is that fast) and pound him to sleep with planetary punches?

Bentley
He also fights In character unless we are in agreement that Hulk could reach Sinestro across the battlefield in less than the blink of an eye (and yes, Hulk is that fast) and pound him to sleep with planetary punches?

CIS is part of the game. I'd point out lanterns are also uber fast. But see at least now we'd be discussing about things that are more tangible.

In the end I mostly wanted to explain my first statement, because for reasons we did cover I think discussing this battle will make more sense in a few weeks.

carver9
CIS is part of the game. I'd point out lanterns are also uber fast. But see at least now we'd be discussing about things that are more tangible.

In the end I mostly wanted to explain my first statement, because for reasons we did cover I think discussing this battle will make more sense in a few weeks.

thumb up

With that said, I'm done.

naurtoisbeast
The Parallax that just chewed up on Hal? Is this the same Sinestro that admitted he couldn't beat some random new gods? i give it to the hulk

Pastepotpete
Hulk unless sinestro gets back up from 2 or 3 rookie lanterns atleast

Golgo13
Sinestrollax wins.

Text-only Version: Click HERE to see this thread with all of the graphics, features, and links.