Depa Billaba runs a gauntlet(Sabers only)

Text-only Version: Click HERE to see this thread with all of the graphics, features, and links.

Fated Xtasy
I just wanna see where everyone puts the Vaapad master. So here is the great prodigy of Master Windu going up against the best of the best.

Warm Up: Stass Allie

#1 - Adi Gallia

#2 - Luminara Unduli

#3 - Ki Adi Mundi

#4 - Plo Koon

#5 - Shaak Ti(TFU)

**Mid Boss** - Count Dooku(TWC)

#6 - Obi-Wan Kenobi

#7 - Desann and Lanoree Brock

****Final Boss**** - Jaden Korr and Gnost Dural.

First run is a normal fight.

Second run Billaba is amped by Harun Kal. .

How far does the vaapad master go?

carthage
Dead at 3

AncientPower
Makes it to five, imo.

NewGuy01
Dooku is easily the most difficult round in this gauntlet.

Marco1907
She is not a vaapad user anymore though, she is a soresu user now by new canon.

DarthAnt66
Originally posted by carthage
Dead at 3

Trocity
I'll say 4 or 5.

ILS
Originally posted by Marco1907
She is not a vaapad user anymore though, she is a soresu user now by new canon. And that is why New Canon like TCW and Rebels are awful in terms of consistency and retconning.

Fated Xtasy
So, I'm going to have a field day with Depa's Feats, I just finished reading shatterpoint and I've raised her significantly.

I think she could potentially Make it to Dooku, however whether or not she wins is a whole 'nother story

DARTH POWER

She is a "Form 3 user". But we have no idea what Form 3 is yet in the new canon.

Originally posted by ILS
And that is why New Canon like TCW and Rebels are awful in terms of consistency and retconning.

They are perfectly consistent with each other.

They are only inconsistent with Legends canon, which is why Legends has been declared Non-Canon.

NewGuy01
There was a recent databook that described the seven forms iirc.

ILS
Originally posted by DARTH POWER
She is a "Form 3 user". But we have no idea what Form 3 is yet in the new canon.

They are perfectly consistent with each other.

They are only inconsistent with Legends canon, which is why Legends has been declared Non-Canon. Lol. It's still funny how a massive aspect of a character's origins has been retconned for no apparent or beneficial reason.

Selenial

Not necessarily.

After Vapaad wiped Sidious like the ***** he is, it stands to reason he'd erase records of it, and the Inquisitor was going off Imperial records.

Dionysus
Done at Koon or Ti.

DARTH POWER
Originally posted by ILS
Lol. It's still funny how a massive aspect of a character's origins has been retconned for no apparent or beneficial reason.

That's true.

They could have easily used someone else's name. Like Adi Gallia (not sure what Adi's form is, but she did fight defensively against Opress). But just not someone who is specifically known for using another form.

On the other hand it could be intentional to point out to fans that everything we thought we knew before from Legends material is retconned.

Since they've specifically told us Legends is not canon, I'm not sure why people are still holding on to it so tight, looking for bits of it which could/should be canon. And frankly the only thing that surprised me is that the idea of having different but specific numbered Lightsabers forms is still canon.

NewGuy01
It shouldn't surprise you. The seven forms have been referenced in TCW, Databanks, and in SW100?

DARTH POWER
Originally posted by NewGuy01
It shouldn't surprise you. The seven forms have been referenced in TCW, Databanks, and in SW100?

Where were they referenced in TCW?

Old Databanks are no longer canon.

What's SW100?

NewGuy01
I'm talking about the new databanks. They were referenced commonly in TCW magazines/etc. SW100 is a book, "Star Wars in 100 scenes", it's Disney and mentions Shien and Soresu, maybe others I'm not sure.

DarthAnt66
Clone Wars works have mentioned Ataru as well.

DARTH POWER
^ Ah right Clone Wars handbooks. Not sure if they are still legit though.

I think Ushgarak said it would be pushing it to think all the old Clone Wars related material is canon, just because the Clone Wars is still canon.

Originally posted by NewGuy01
SW100 is a book, "Star Wars in 100 scenes", it's Disney and mentions Shien and Soresu, maybe others I'm not sure.

This added to the Inquistor's remarks in "Rise of the Old Masters", is making it more and more likely the Forms are staying as they were.

Text-only Version: Click HERE to see this thread with all of the graphics, features, and links.