Dr.Doom -Vs- Superman

Text-only Version: Click HERE to see this thread with all of the graphics, features, and links.

Supermex
Who wins?
Dcnu..

Dr.Doom with 1 month of Prep

Vs

Superman with 1 Week of prep

Fight takes place in Dcnu

DarkSaint85
Superman.

juggerman
Superman

carver9
no expression

Star428
You gave Doom way too much prep in order for this to be a good fight. Since Doom has access to powerful magic, with a month of prep of learning about Superman he'd probably come up with a fullproof plan to beat him. I mean, just look at what he did to the Beyonder with even less prep than that. I think everyone agrees that Beyonder>>>>>>>>>Superman.

In a no prep fight though Superman destroys him.

DarkSaint85
Superman has Hephaestus to help him out. THE God of magical machinery. He could do something pretty clever.

carver9
Or DDoom can retain the power of an abstract again and stomp the entire DCNU.

DarkSaint85
Originally posted by carver9
Or DDoom can retain the power of an abstract again and stomp the entire DCNU.

Like when he went up against Scott Lang? AND he had prepped?

carver9
Originally posted by DarkSaint85
Like when he went up against Scott Lang? AND he had prepped?

Or when he stole Galactus powers, Beyonder powers...wait, let me guess, we ignore these showings and look at his lows. Let me conjure that WBH vs Parasite thread.

DarkSaint85
Haha. Oh, weren't you posting Hellbat and Superman?

carver9
Haha. Oh, weren't you posting Hellbat and Superman?

I loaded the comic onto my computer and I'm using a comic book reader i have no clue on how to use. Can't upload the pic. Ask ABHI. He and myself had a long debate on it. He used it as a high for Superman and a low for Wonder Woman since she didn't damage it (even though she was mind controlled during the moment). Do you have the comic?

DarkRaiden
Doom and it's not close. Not only is Doom strong enough to fight Supes sans prep, but giving him prep is just leading to stomp levels as he's probably 2nd place in prep only behind Thanos.

tkitna
Doom has a whole month? Spite.

DarkSaint85
I loaded the comic onto my computer and I'm using a comic book reader i have no clue on how to use. Can't upload the pic. Ask ABHI. He and myself had a long debate on it. He used it as a high for Superman and a low for Wonder Woman since she didn't damage it (even though she was mind controlled during the moment). Do you have the comic?

Yes. You're soooooo so so so wrong with that. As I suspected.

carver9
Yes. You're soooooo so so so wrong with that. As I suspected.

I'm not wrong. Look at the last 3 pages of the comic.

Insane Titan
I'm never wrong. Look at the last 3 pages of the comic what proves I'm wrong . fixed

Time Immemorial
Or when he stole Galactus powers, Beyonder powers...wait, let me guess, we ignore these showings and look at his lows. Let me conjure that WBH vs Parasite thread.

laughing

Time Immemorial
Superman goes and sits in the Sun for a month, comes back with CA Armor and his Sword, and pushes his shit in.

/thread

SquallX
Originally posted by Time Immemorial
Superman goes and sits in the Sun for a month, comes back with CA Armor and his Sword, and pushes his shit in.

/thread

Kal's prep is only a week long. Him staying in the sun for any length after the week, is an automatic lost to him.

Since this is DCNU Kal, i don't think the CA and the Sword can be used.

Stoic

Right click on the file, and choose open with. I'm not sure what reader you're using, but that is what you should choose. The comic will open to be viewed.

Time Immemorial
Originally posted by SquallX
Him staying in the sun for any length after the week, is an automatic lost to him.

Proof?

Stoic
Proof?

Well because he only gets one week prep, while Doom gets an entire month. Honestly though, Doom would win with that amount of time. nothing against Superman, most characters would lose if Doom was given that much time. Look what he did to Nefaria. With a month Batman would beat Superman as well.

Time Immemorial
Originally posted by Stoic
Well because he only gets one week prep, while Doom gets an entire month. Honestly though, Doom would win with that amount of time. nothing against Superman, most characters would lose if Doom was given that much time. Look what he did to Nefaria. With a month Batman would beat Superman as well.

Supermex makes nothing but spite threads anyway. He's a failure of the worst kind. If Doom gets a month with his feats, Superman should be allowed a month. I'll just report it.

JBL
Proof? If you only have 10 seconds to escape a bomb and you hang around for 10 and a half seconds what happens to you? Superman only has a week, anything over and its a disqualification on him. wink

Time Immemorial
Originally posted by JBL
If you only have 10 seconds to escape a bomb and you hang around for 10 and a half seconds what happens to you? Superman only has a week, anything over and its a disqualification on him. wink

Lol, only an idiot would give Doom a month prep and not give superman the same thing.

Stoic
Supermex makes nothing but spite threads anyway. He's a failure of the worst kind. If Doom gets a month with his feats, Superman should be allowed a month. I'll just report it.

Even with a month prep time Doom would still win. Batman, Dr. Who, Reed Richards, Constantine, Kang.... The list is long for all of the guys that could take Superman out with a month of prep. It would probably look about as funny as the Doom vs Nefaria encounter. I mean even if Superman also had a month.

Time Immemorial
Even with a month prep time Doom would still win. Batman, Dr. Who, Reed Richards, Constantine, Kang.... The list is long for all of the guys that could take Superman out with a month of prep. It would probably look about as funny as the Doom vs Nefaria encounter.

If Supes sat in the Sun for a month, it would be a lot closer and would not be such a one sided spite thread.

JBL
Lol, only an idiot would give Doom a month prep and not give superman the same thing. But you wanted superman to have this..

/thread

Time Immemorial
Originally posted by JBL
But you wanted superman this..

/thread

Ur point?

Mindset
Originally posted by JBL
But you wanted superman to have this..

/thread laughing out loud

Time Immemorial
Originally posted by Mindset
laughing out loud

Laugh it up monkey man laughing

Stoic
If Supes sat in the Sun for a month, it would be a lot closer and would not be such a one sided spite thread.

You really think so? 123 the gong rings off, Superman flies in and takes out the source that turns him as weak as a kitten. Doom them appears behind him puts him into some cube thingie, laughs, and tells him thanks for the powers. How? Doom says, the moment you entered the field tiny robots infiltrated your brain, and what you thought was me was actually your downfall... or something like that. LOL. Sorry man. Doom is just one of the cheapest characters out there.

Mindset
Laugh it up monkey man laughing Originally posted by Mindset
laughing out loud

Time Immemorial
You really think so? 123 the gong rings off, Superman flies in and takes out the source that turns him as weak as a kitten. Doom them appears behind him puts him into some cube thingie, laughs, and tells him thanks for the powers. How? Doom say, the moment you entered the field tiny robots infiltrated your brain, and what you thought was me was actually your downfall... or something like that. LOL. Sorry man. Doom is just one of the cheapest characters out there.

Yea its stupid, Doom is too powerful these days. I just came up with some random shit cause nothing else to do on here. laughing

tkitna
Doom has a time machine correct? How in the hell could Superman win this?

Supermex

lol stop yourself!!

Supermex
lol i just got a private hate mail message over this thread..

Supermex wrote:

lol really your that upset ?

I'm sorry for the stress bro, I wont give Dr.Doom 1 month prep over Superman anymore. I pinky swearswink I didn't know it cause this much hurt, brosive..

Won't happen again brah!

Time Immemorial
Originally posted by Supermex
lol i just got a private hate mail message over this thread..

Supermex wrote:

lol really your that upset ?

I'm sorry for the stress bro, I wont give Dr.Doom 1 month prep over Superman anymore. I pinky swearswink I didn't know it cause this much hurt, brosive..

Won't happen again brah!

I was pretty shocked TBH.

laughing laughing

Time Immemorial
Originally posted by Supermex
lol stop yourself!!

Lol, ok cool, I know how Superman could beat doom with a month though.

DarkSaint85
So make that thread....

riv6672
Good thread. Silly low balling examples.

Doom wins. Nuff said.

Bentley
I'd give Doom the win though Superman is a solid prepper.

Doom is just mean.

carver9
Originally posted by Bentley
I'd give Doom the win though Superman is a solid prepper.

Doom is just mean.

Can you name some DCNU prep showings for him?

Bentley

Punching hard evil face

Eh, you make a good point actually, this more spitey than I originally though.

riv6672
I wouldnt call this spitey, its not like Doom has super speed and a kryptonite sword.
Its simply a good match up where, with the stips in place, Superman isnt the winner.

DarkSaint85

Building the Hellbat armour.

You will now have to show me WHEN did Superman damage the Hellbat armour with a hit?

Bentley
Originally posted by riv6672
I wouldnt call this spitey, its not like Doom has super speed and a kryptonite sword.
Its simply a good match up where, with the stips in place, Superman isnt the winner.

That's very dependant on the definition of spite, I personally don't think that the OP wanted the fight to be loopsided so that part is out at least. But it remains so Kal cannot win a single battle out of ten, it's hardly a close match.

I mean, Doom has magic and has used time-manipulation on occasion to bfr his opponents -pretty much on the fly-. Superman speed means only so much against someone properly prepared to it.

Time Immemorial
Doom is just gay

riv6672
That's very dependant on the definition of spite, I personally don't think that the OP wanted the fight to be loopsided so that part is out at least. But it remains so Kal cannot win a single battle out of ten, it's hardly a close match.

I mean, Doom has magic and has used time-manipulation on occasion to bfr his opponents -pretty much on the fly-. Superman speed means only so much against someone properly prepared to it.

So you're saying its NOT a spite thread? I'm honestly NOT trying to be funny with the "words in mouth" thing but i want to make sure i understood you.

Its not spite if one character's supporters cant come up with a good enough argument.

I'd actually say its bias to call it spite, seeing as the losing character in this case is the most heavily supported on the site.

Not baiting here, just making an observation after seeing similar conclusions reached in recent threads, while threads that all but scream spite at other characters seem to be enjoying healthy, non contested numbers.

I havent been posting much in this forum, so maybe it stands out more that way.

Bentley
Spite actually means the thread was done with the intention of making a loopsided matches and annoy the fans of the losing side. I don't think it's spite in that regard, but it's vaguely up to interpretation.

When people say spite, they often also include what we call "unintenional spite" -which is actually a contradictory statement-. That only means that by being misinformed or by having an unrealistic expectation from one side or the other, they actually think the match it's fair when it isn't. That's what I meant by calling it spitey in a previous post, and I see how that can be confused.

That said, I don't understand how the popularity of a character makes it bias to call something spite in either definition. There are many characters that are popular that can be spited against, that's actually part of the original spite definition: to annoy fans, the characters have to have fans.

riv6672
I'm with you up to that last paragraph. Thanks for the breakdown.

As to that paragraph, i just mean that the heavily supported character has his fans calling spite (and being backed up on these calls) whenever that character cant win a match up.

I was going to be more in depth, but i'll shut up now.

Bentley
Ah ok, I didn't think of that, but I get what you mean. Indeed, people can claim spite in order to say the battle is unfair unless their preferred character wins, which is, of course, biased.

I'm not particularly sensitive to that, people who claim spite admit "their" character loses, from there, as long as the match it's gauged correctly, I don't care about their personal frustrations. These are fictional characters and we shouldn't be too defensive about them.

relentless1
Doom gets stomped, Supes is faster stronger and can think at a much faster pace than vic

Mindset
Originally posted by relentless1
Doom gets stomped, Supes is faster stronger and can think at a much faster pace than vic Nope, Doom wins.

Insane Titan
Doom failed against Thor when he had prep and we all know Superman>>>>>>Thor

Bentley
Originally posted by Insane Titan
Doom failed against Thor when he had prep and we all know Superman>>>>>>Thor

Didn't Thor interrupt him before he was able to finish his Destroyer Armor?

krisblaze
^Yeah it was unfinished, but it was still very, very powerful and Thor didn't defeat it.

Balder saved him and then Doom fled as Thor was going to whoop him.

Insane Titan
Didn't Thor interrupt him before he was able to finish his Destroyer Armor? yeah because Doom can't prep properly

Bentley
yeah because Doom can't prep properly

It isn't as if he was prepping explicitly against Thor, he was trying to get an amp from asgardians and failed to do so in time. My point was to introduce some context your post seemed to ignore, nothing else.

Time Immemorial
yeah because Doom can't prep properly

Lol doom failsmile

Insane Titan
It isn't as if he was prepping explicitly against Thor, he was trying to get an amp from asgardians and failed to do so in time. My point was to introduce some context your post seemed to ignore, nothing else. you mean like ever post and poster here does!

Bentley
you mean like ever post and poster here does!

I can't nitpick every post in the forums ok? I don't read as many comics as I used to sad

Time Immemorial
I can't nitpick every post in the forums ok? I don't read as many comics as I used to sad

Please read more. We count on you for your expert opinionbig grin

Insane Titan
I can't nitpick every post in the forums ok? I don't read as many comics as I used to sad no you should try harder instead of being a disappointment

Bentley
no you should try harder instead of being a disappointment

My original reply was going to be about me expecting more from you than from an average joe.

So... Right back at you ahah

Text-only Version: Click HERE to see this thread with all of the graphics, features, and links.