God Mode vs SS3

Text-only Version: Click HERE to see this thread with all of the graphics, features, and links.

Time Immemorial
How much more powerful is God Mode vs SSJ3?

AsbestosFlaygon
Rumors are SSG = SSJ4.

Problem is, even Mr. Toriyama forgot about power levels.

He said if SSG Goku is a 6, then Beers is a 10 and Whis is a 15.

He forgot to mention anything about SSJ1 Vegito, who was the strongest being in the entire DBZ canon before BoG.
How a hypothetical SSJ3 or SSG Vegito would stack up against Beers.

Astner
Godly ki is exclusive to gods and it may well be beyond what can be achieved normally.

Beerus took out Mystic Gohan without effort, and Goku said that even with fusion they wouldn't be able to take on Beerus.

AsbestosFlaygon
Originally posted by Astner
Godly ki is exclusive to gods and it may well be beyond what can be achieved normally.

Beerus took out Mystic Gohan without effort, and Goku said that even with fusion they wouldn't be able to take on Beerus.
1. Yes, I know that. But in GT, even base form Kid Goku was stronger than Buuhan (the strongest villain in DBZ).
Everyone knows GT is non-canon, but the jump in power levels from Z to GT was insane.

2. Beers taking out Ultimate Gohan means jackshit. SSJ1 Vegito would've done the same. Heck, he was toying with Buuhan (who is much stronger than Ultimate Gohan) even before powering up to SSJ1.
SSJ1 Vegito was so insanely strong, he retained his strength and durability even in candy form.

3. The fusion that Goku referred to is likely the Fusion Dance. Which is a weaker fusion form that has a time limit and simply adds the power of two individuals, whereas the Potara is permanent and multiplies the power of two individuals.
The rivalry between Vegeta and Goku made them the perfect compatible partners for the Potara Fusion, hence they were stronger than anyone else in DBZ (prior to BoG).

pheonixking787
OK so when goku asked beeruce for a sparing match at the begining
of the movie beeruce only used 3% power and he completely destroyed ssj3 goku at the end of the movie when beeruce fought ssjgod goku and beat him it was stated he was using 70% power do the math

that means ssjgod goku is roughly 24 times stronger than ssj3
this isnt a full proof calculation but its as close as we can get

Galan007
Originally posted by AsbestosFlaygon
He forgot to mention anything about SSJ1 Vegito, who was the strongest being in the entire DBZ canon before BoG.
How a hypothetical SSJ3 or SSG Vegito would stack up against Beers. Goku stated that Beerus>Vegito(that's why he didn't even attempt fusion.)

Anyway, Beerus effortlessly KO'd SSJ3 Goku with a few flicks of his hand--he also beat Mystic Gohan and co. just as easily(except when Vegeta inextricably channeled dat rage-powa, which briefly made him more powerful than SSJ3 Goku.) Conversely, SSJG Goku put up a good fight against Beerus. That is to say: it actually required a bit of effort for Beerus to win, and forced him to use around 70% of his power--which, sans his matches with Whis, was unprecedented.

ie. Beerus(@70%)>>SSJG Goku>>>>>Vegito>>>>>everything else.

Time Immemorial
Rumors are SSG = SSJ4.

Problem is, even Mr. Toriyama forgot about power levels.

He said if SSG Goku is a 6, then Beers is a 10 and Whis is a 15.

How a hypothetical SSJ3 or SSG Vegito would stack up against Beers.

Makes sense, thank you.

SSJGGogeta
Well, in regards to the thread... God mode is much stronger.

Basically, Toriyama said that SSJ1 was to base form, as God mode is to SSJ3. This implies that God mode is a 50X boost on SSJ3.

The trick though, is that godly ki was stated by Bills to be unaffected by regular ki. This means you have to distinguish whether Godly ki is so much stronger that it just doesn't matter, or it has some special property that makes it unaffected by ki. If it's not the latter, then you have to distinguish at what point ki DOES matter, and CAN affect Godly ki.

Most likely though, at some point, ki just becomes so powerful that it becomes classified as Godly ki, which would make it comparable to the difference between a Red super-giant and a black hole.

If this is true, then we can conclude that anyone 50X stronger than SSJ3 Goku would be able to use Godly ki, and that's lowballing, as though SSJG is the lowest point of Godly ki. However, there is nothing suggesting otherwise, so we have to use God mode as a bottom line.

This means that Bills(70%) > SSJG Goku >>> Vegetto > SSJ3 Goku.

However, SSJ1 IS a 50X boost to base, meaning that ACTUALLY: Bills(70%) ~ SSJ1 Vegetto > SSJG Goku >>> Vegetto > SSJ3 Goku.

Time Immemorial
I wonder where Goku's power was at when he was still going toe to toe with Bills after he lost god mode.

AsbestosFlaygon
Originally posted by Time Immemorial
I wonder where Goku's power was at when he was still going toe to toe with Bills after he lost god mode.
He stated it himself in the movie that he retained the knowledge to be at that level, or something similar to that effect.

He must still be around 60% of Beers' powah (based on Toriyama's calculations and Beers' statement of being at 70%).

BloodRain
For the ki I say the former, seeing as a pissed Vegeta drew blood. Its just be that god ki is demonstrably fat above mortal ki.

Btw link to the base<S1 = S3<god? Seems like a really good find.

Placidity
Do people really think Vegeta legitimately posed any challenge to Bills at any point?

He was just toying with him, and giving him a chance to see if Vegeta was the SSG. At the end of the fight he says he was disappointed and just knocks him out with a finger tap to the head.

BloodRain
No one believes he stood any chance.

Time Immemorial
He stated it himself in the movie that he retained the knowledge to be at that level, or something similar to that effect.

He must still be around 60% of Beers' powah (based on Toriyama's calculations and Beers' statement of being at 70%).

Yea I know, just curious why he had to transform back into God mode to stop that blast.

Placidity
Originally posted by BloodRain
No one believes he stood any chance.

I should change that to - do people really believe Vegeta was stronger than SSJ3 Goku...

BloodRain
What's you're view on what happened then?

Time Immemorial
Originally posted by Placidity
I should change that to - do people really believe Vegeta was stronger than SSJ3 Goku...

Goku admitted that Vegeta surpassed him.

Goes to show you SS3 is worthless.

AsbestosFlaygon
Yes.

BoG SSJ2 Vegeta was stronger than Buu Saga SSJ3 Goku.

Time Immemorial
Yes.

Exactly what I been saying forever, SS2 could have been perfected to be stronger then SS3.

Placidity
What's you're view on what happened then?

What I said in my first post.

Originally posted by Time Immemorial
Goku admitted that Vegeta surpassed him.

Goku also didn't go SSJ3 against Majin Vegeta to spare his feelings. That was with the fate of the world hanging in the balance.

Disagree. But I wasn't talking about Buu Saga SSJ3, I'm talking about BoG SSJ3.

BloodRain
I'm not sure what your first post has to do with Vegeta drawing blood from him.

Placidity
I'm not sure what your first post has to do with Vegeta drawing blood from him.

That's the only "argument" you have going.

SSJ3 Goku actually never landed a hit on Bills, so there is no comparison = invalid argument.

But SSG was unable to draw blood from Bills, so I suppose SSJ2 Vegeta > SSG Goku. And I guess if thats the case, its not out of the realm of possibility that Vegeta = Bills, since SSG Goku is about 70% of Bills.

thumb up

BloodRain
It's not an argument. I'm literally backing nothing besides "He drew blood".

Not bothered whether Vegeta was just a jump stronger than S3 Goku or if he was closer to SGod, or whether Billyboy was suppressing his strength. All we know was that he was stated to have gotten stronger than Goku I'm that moment, and he proved to inflict even minor damage where S3 couldn't do a thing.

It supports my point that it's only the strength of ki, not type, that matters.

Time Immemorial

Goku also didn't go SSJ3 against Majin Vegeta to spare his feelings. That was with the fate of the world hanging in the balance.

True, but this version of Vegeta is stronger then Majin.

Time Immemorial
That's the only "argument" you have going.

SSJ3 Goku actually never landed a hit on Bills, so there is no comparison = invalid argument.

But SSG was unable to draw blood from Bills, so I suppose SSJ2 Vegeta > SSG Goku. And I guess if thats the case, its not out of the realm of possibility that Vegeta = Bills, since SSG Goku is about 70% of Bills.

thumb up

Completely wrong way to look at it. In no shape or form is S2 Vegeta on par with GG.

Vegeta got flicked in the face and was instant KO. When SS3 Goku got flicked in the face he recovered and kept fighting.

GG went toe to toe with Bills, something Vegeta could not do. Infact, Bills never even blocked or tried to defend against Bills, he sat there and tanked it all.

Placidity
I was being sarcastic...

Time Immemorial
I was being sarcastic...

My badsmile

Genesis-Soldier
i want to bring something up. DBZ Battle of the gods was before SSJ4 in timeline and given that Goku absorbed some of the SSJ God power into himself then wouldn't that make SSJ4 Even stronger then SSJ God?

so does that make Omega Shenron Stronger then Beeruce?

Dramatic Gecko
SSJ 2 relies mostly on diabolical, sinister, sadistic, MAKE IT SUFFER rage so its comprehendible that Vegeta could attain the most powerful SSJ 2 form. Like Goku and Gohan perfected SSJ 1 because its definition was an enraged pure heart.

As for SSJ 3 I'd say Gotenks version was much more effective and didn't tire out. But i'm not sure what the conditions for SSJ 3 are.

Time Immemorial
26hSbgjVVfE

Stated Goku could have surpassed Bills and will surpass him.

Galan007
The SSJG Goku=6, Beerus=10, and Whis=15 scale isn't exactly new news. Here's the actual article/interview:
http://www.kanzenshuu.com/translations/battle-gods-animanga-akira-toriyama/
(it's a little more admissible than a random Irishman talking about it on YouTube, imo.)

Also, Akira didn't state that SSJG Goku could have surpassed Beerus in BoG. He stated that, due to the Saiyan trait of progressively becoming more powerful in the heat of battle, it may have been possible for Goku to have closed, or as he put it, "shrink" the power-gap a bit. Perhaps Goku could have increased to a 7 or 8 to Beerus' 10..? Who knows? Either way, Goku could definitely NOT have beaten Beerus in BoG--that much was made clear by Goku himself(and also by Beerus, when it was revealed that he was able to tool Goku so easily while using <70% of his power.)

But as Akira noted: future films will almost certainly be a different story, and we'll see the Saiyans(Goku and Vegeta) far surpass the power of Beerus... And likely even Whis as well(even though the latter is more than 2x> Goku, currently.) /shrug

Text-only Version: Click HERE to see this thread with all of the graphics, features, and links.