Pre-Crisis Superman vs Silver Surfer

Text-only Version: Click HERE to see this thread with all of the graphics, features, and links.

Jmanghan
Who takes this?

abhilegend
Superman oneshots surfer.

Digi
Originally posted by abhilegend
Superman oneshots surfer.

No, but he does win.

Insane Titan
Surfer traps him in a bubble or some crap ftw.

Star428
Originally posted by Digi
No, but he does win.

LOL. Actually, he could kill him just by sneezing on him. Not kidding, either. He once wiped out an entire solar system with a sneeze. This isn't a fight.

cdtm
What's with these spite matches?

Surfer hits him with red solar radiation. stick out tongue

Digi
Originally posted by Star428
LOL. Actually, he could kill him just by sneezing on him. Not kidding, either. He once wiped out an entire solar system with a sneeze.

I'm aware. He also, ya know, didn't sneeze away literally hundreds of opponents in hard-fought battles. There are no absolutes in comics, but anything like a representative sample of showings makes this a clear but not one-shot win for Supes.

Board Walker
Superman sneezed away galaxies not planets

Star428
Originally posted by Board Walker
Superman sneezed away galaxies not planets

Touche. smile

Mindship
Boring Swan Superman ftw, easily, unless there's weakness exploitation. Then Surfer drops him.

Insane Titan
Lex beat PC Superman using a spring and torch or some shit.

carver9
I'm aware. He also, ya know, didn't sneeze away literally hundreds of opponents in hard-fought battles. There are no absolutes in comics, but anything like a representative sample of showings makes this a clear but not one-shot win for Supes.

This

Golgo13
Superman.

Reflassshh
Originally posted by Insane Titan
Lex beat PC Superman using a spring and torch or some shit. You're jealous bc superman never got arrested by NYPD crackers

Insane Titan
Originally posted by Reflassshh
You're jealous bc superman never got arrested by NYPD crackers and you're jealous of me because I use canonmaterial as proof.

Reflassshh
and you're jealous of me because I use cannon material as proof. And you're jealous of me because i got sense of humor.

Insane Titan
And you're jealous of me because i got sense of humor. if you was actually funny then I just might be,don't get jealous because my comebacks are greater than yours.

Reflassshh
if you was actually funny then I just might be,don't get jealous because my comebacks are greater than yours. Butthurt comebacks doesn't make me feel jealous, at all. smile

Kal wins, easily.

Insane Titan
Butthurt comebacks doesn't make me feel jealous, at all. smile

Kal wins, easily. what's butthurt about stating facts of you using non canon stuff.

It seems you're jealous because you don't understand anything.

Reflassshh
what's butthurt about stating facts of you using non canon stuff.

It seems you're jealous because you don't understand anything. I didn't say it was canon, did I? The point was that retarded shit happened back then, you're going to use it to downplay every character you don't like?. Remember squirrel girl or wolvering piercing thanos thumb up

You're butthurt because you know it happened but was retconned so pussys like you could stop crying.

Jmanghan
Both of you bickering isn't what this thread was made for .-.

Board Walker
The incident of Thanos being defeated by Squirrel girl occured in "The Great Lake Christmas Special # 1", the Watcher not only confirms the defeat of Thanos but references Doom from another Comic incident as well within 616.

The issue is canon

Jmanghan
The incident of Thanos being defeated by Squirrel girl occured in "The Great Lake Christmas Special # 1", the Watcher not only confirms the defeat of Thanos but references Doom from another Comic incident as well within 616.

The issue is canon

Happy Birthday, Board Walker.

Stoic

Exactly, and on average this could be a far closer fight than most would like to admit. Darkseid of those days was penned to be well above Superman, and Galactus was just above Darkseid. Superman would win, but there wouldn't be any one shot KO's going down.

Insane Titan
I didn't say it was canon, did I? The point was that retarded shit happened back then, you're going to use it to downplay every character you don't like?. Remember squirrel girl or wolvering piercing thanos thumb up

You're butthurt because you know it happened but was retconned so pussys like you could stop crying. if it's not canon why use it then troll. I was using canon proof.

Haha you're patheticness shines through so someone beating Thanos off panel and piercing him is you're reply.

Nothing you said was retconed tough guy, and your whole argument proves you're butthurt by bringing Thanos into a thread he's not in.

Star428
Originally posted by Stoic
Exactly, and on average this could be a far closer fight than most would like to admit.

Bull****. It's sad when people are so blinded by their hate of a certain character that they can't bring themselves to admit that the character they hate would utterly destroy a character they like despite all the insane feats that the character they despise has under his belt.

PC Superman trashes Surfer every single time.

Board Walker
Let us begin with why Pre-Crisis Superman is so far beyond the Surfer in speed, strength, combat speed, reflexes, and mastery of Time control that this is nothing more than a spite thread.

Mastery of chronokinesis
1. Superman is able to forcefully degenerate an entity through time, including Pre-Crisis Olympian gods. He is not merely sending them through time, he is rewinding all of time itself across the multiverse.
http://lounge.moviecodec.com/images/attachment/pre-crisis-superman-faster-than-light-combat-speedreflexesmovement-39850.jpg

2. Ability to instantly Travel through Time via speed
After Superman travels through time to kill a powerless Surfer (Norin Radd) in the past, he would then instantly return to the present via time travel.
http://f.ptcdn.info/780/023/000/1411548363-supermansp-o.jpg

3. Can enter the "Time Dimension" at will, where he can then go to any time/dimension/destination he desires, he can then re-write history across the multiverse if he so chooses to
http://static.comicvine.com/uploads/scale_super/10/105634/3699821-time+barrier.jpg

Movement Speed
1. Superman simply could move so fast that he erases the abstracts of the universe, this would then collapse the entire Universe.
http://static.comicvine.com/uploads/original/11111/111115653/3096612-7178034053-18619.jpg

2. Reaction Speed
Reacts to and destroys multiple projectiles in mid air that are infinitely faster than the speed of light. Superman states that the velocity of the objects are so fast that they make the speed of light look like a snails pace.

Superman in this same showing moves so fast that he is able to catch a falling wally, and shield him from the rays of radiation as well as the heat of the star. This demonstrates that Superman moves faster than the movement speed of individual radiation rays.
http://lounge.moviecodec.com/images/attachment/pre-crisis-superman-faster-than-light-combat-speedreflexesmovement-39857.jpg

Super Strength
1. Superboy catches and holds a Hyper dense neutron star in the palm of his hand, it weighs trillions of tons and exerting a magnetic pull greater than a dozen simultaneous super novas. He then throws it into another galaxy a billion light years away

2. Superboy pulls a galaxy's worth of planets simultaneously from one side of the universe to the other
http://img105.imageshack.us/img105/603/36329599nb6.gif

Superman BFR's the Silver Surfer
1. Superman has demonstrated multiple times the ability to forcefully "Super-Shove" someone through time
http://www.killermovies.com/forums/attachment.php?s=&postid=8783702

3. Superman tosses a ship full of aliens across the galaxy at hyper speeds
http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v39/bmovie_buff/Folder%202/DC_Comics_Presets_02_39.jpg

Mind Control
1. Superman is able to control the minds of sentient beings without them even being aware
http://comiccoverage.typepad.com/.a/6a00d8345158e369e2010536c8ec8e970b-450wi

Super Kinetic Generation
Superman could simply sneeze away the Solar system, he could repeatedly do this if he wanted in order to vaporize the Surfer.

Immunity to Magic and ability to reflect anything he wants
1. Superman could vibrate/reflect magic whenever he wanted, he did it on a regular basis. Magic meant absolutely nothing to Superman when he wanted to overcome it, he just vibrates through it or reflects it back onto the enemy.
http://lounge.moviecodec.com/images/attachment/pre-crisis-superman-faster-than-light-combat-speedreflexesmovement-39855.jpg

2. Superman can vibrate through energy/magic whenever he wants to (Mid Combat)
http://lounge.moviecodec.com/images/attachment/pre-crisis-superman-faster-than-light-combat-speedreflexesmovement-39853.jpg

Board Walker
Continued

Indestructible Cape
Superman possesses a cape that is truly indestructible, and it is also able to shield a normal human from the depths of space while moving beyond light speed.
http://i1113.photobucket.com/albums/k508/abhilegend/Pre-crisis/00013.jpg

Immunity to Radiation
Superman can repel/reflect and trap radiation whenever he wants by simply moving so fast he creates a vacuum.
http://static.comicvine.com/uploads/original/3/36657/1437107-supermancontainssupernova.jpg

Hyper-Kinetic Breath
1. Superman Propels Kryptonite away from him at hyper speeds with his breath, and then propels 3 Kryptonians in a space ship to a different galaxy with the same breath.
http://2.bp.blogspot.com/-IGwH5prpdDM/TVyfB4o4_pI/AAAAAAAAEC0/yC_ZHk0Fo5o/s1600/evilthree.png

2. He could bombard Silver Surfer with infinite galaxy busting sneezes, entirely incinerating it in the process.
http://static.comicvine.com/uploads/original/11113/111130781/3494384-1596994494-pctr7.jpg

Digi
Bull****. It's sad when people are so blinded by their hate of a certain character that they can't bring themselves to admit that the character they hate would utterly destroy a character they like despite all the insane feats that the character they despise has under his belt.

PC Superman trashes Surfer every single time.

You're projecting. I don't hate Superman at all. And I have no particular love of Surfer. But, for example, if we accept the galaxy sneeze as his standard, there are literally 100's of exceptions to then justify. Further, if we take Superman's outliers, we also have to take Surfer's. For that we'd have things like spontaneous black hole creation, or the time he channeled The Crunch to defeats beings that had wrecked Galactus, etc. An actual Surfer fan could make a better list, but the idea is there.

I think everyone is in agreement that PC Supes wins. Anyone saying otherwise is likely just messing around. There's no need to create false ghosts or spam his best feats, which most of us have seen. So, let me reiterate: PC Superman wins every time. But you're embellishing statements like "it wouldn't be a one-shot" or "it would be closer than some think" to mean hatred for a character or other outlandish things. The only thing I dislike here is lopsided consideration of feats. Characters hold no such sway over me.

Board Walker
You're projecting. I don't hate Superman at all. And I have no particular love of Surfer. But, for example, if we accept the galaxy sneeze as his standard, there are literally 100's of exceptions to then justify. Further, if we take Superman's outliers, we also have to take Surfer's. For that we'd have things like spontaneous black hole creation, or the time he channeled The Crunch to defeats beings that had wrecked Galactus, etc. An actual Surfer fan could make a better list, but the idea is there.

I think everyone is in agreement that PC Supes wins. Anyone saying otherwise is likely just messing around. There's no need to create false ghosts or spam his best feats, which most of us have seen. So, let me reiterate: PC Superman wins every time. But you're embellishing statements like "it wouldn't be a one-shot" to mean hatred for a character or other outlandish things. The only thing I dislike here is lopsided consideration of feats. Characters hold no such sway over me.

The galaxy sneeze is not a one time thing, In fact I posted an example where he used it on villains in an offensive way.

Digi
The galaxy sneeze is not a one time thing, In fact I posted an example where he used it on villains in an offensive way.

Ok, yes, I saw your post before I responded. Now read my post again and respond to what I said.

Board Walker
Ok, yes, I saw your post before I responded. Now read my post again and respond to what I said.

I hear what you are saying in that we should take the average showing of each character while eliminating extreme highs, and extreme lows in order to accurately assess them.

The issue with Superman from the Golden-Silver age is that a majority of his feats involved the same formula near every comic which was the following.
1. Superman is presented in a mundane setting
2. Superman is presented with an extreme issue
3. Superman attempts to solve issue, is usually not successful at first try
4. Superman solves issue with an extremely over the top solution.

Superman always overcame his weaknesses, and always overcame the low end showings that preceeded the extremely high end showings. It was the formula of the comic during that age, the key point is that he always overcame his weaknesses. IE immunity to magic, kryptonite, radiation via phasing/vibrating/super breath/etc.

The thing is that Superman performed over the top consistently, and he often reused said over the top powers/solutions throughout the 40 years. I would have no problem if someone wanted to list every high end feat of Silver Surfer, Pre-Crisis Superman would have dozens for every one that Silver Surfer has.

In conclusion Pre-Crisis Superman is not about one time high end showings, his entire career was built upon consistent over the top high end showings in order to advance the daily story.

Star428
Nice scans Board Walker. Unfortunately, the people who are blinded by their hatred of Superman will still insist that Surfer actually has a chance. LOL. roll eyes (sarcastic)

Digi
I hear what you are saying in that we should take the average showing of each character while eliminating extreme highs, and extreme lows in order to accurately assess them.

Also not what I said, at least not exactly.

I said that if we take Supes best feats, we also have to take Surfer's, especially since most of his best aren't one-time feats either. I'm not concerned with the top feats or average debate. Supes wins in both, but we have to be just as fair to the competitor in terms of feats allowed.

And here's the thing: I am taking Superman's best feats. And I'm using them to say he wins. Just like you. But, for example, I think that Crunch feat is comparable to the galaxy sneeze. Seriously. Do I think it means Surfer wins? No. Not even once. But I think he puts up a fight. The "one-shot" and "stomp" comments are wrong, the final evaluation is not.

Nice scans Board Walker. Unfortunately, the people who are blinded by their hatred of Superman will still insist that Surfer actually has a chance. LOL.

So blind claims of hatred instead of engaging me in discussion? On a fight I agree with you, no less? Dumb.

Star428
*sigh*

Also not what I said.

Anyway. I said that if we take Supes best feats, we also have to take Surfer's, especially since most of his best aren't one-time feats either.

And here's the thing: I am taking Superman's best feats. And I'm using them to say he wins. Just like you. But, for example, I think that Crunch feat is comparable to the galaxy sneeze. Seriously. Do I think it means Surfer wins? No. Not even once. But I think he puts up a fight. The "one-shot" and "stomp" comments are wrong, the final evaluation is not.

So blind claims of hatred instead of engaging me in discussion? On a fight I agree with you, no less? Dumb.

See what I mean BW? I rest my case.

Board Walker
*sigh*

Also not what I said.

Anyway. I said that if we take Supes best feats, we also have to take Surfer's, especially since most of his best aren't one-time feats either.

My apologies in inaccurately analyzing your post, I had figured that the projecting comment was between you and a specific other poster.

The statements such as "X character stomps Y character" are usually just a projection of ones own self idealization. Many fans of comics (particularly this forum) like a particular character because they perceive that character embodying their own values, behavioral patterns, psycho-social values, and thus will defend that character zealously because they are defending their own self.

Few posters/people realize this is what is occurring when they do such a thing, an individual who has not meshed their sense of identity with that of a fictional character are often able to analyze a character far more logically than emotionally.

Digi
I don't remember if we've chatted before on the forums, Star, but this type of antagonism won't lead to anything productive or interesting. It's certainly soured the chances that I'll try to have a discussion with you again, especially since the antagonism is about fictional hobby stuff.

My apologies in inaccurately analyzing your post, I had figured that the projecting comment was between you and a specific other poster.

The statements such as "X character stomps Y character" are usually just a projection of ones own self idealization. Many fans of comics (particularly this forum) like a particular character because they perceive that character embodying their own values, behavioral patterns, psycho-social values, and thus will defend that character zealously because they are defending their own self.

Few posters/people realize this is what is occurring when they do such a thing, an individual who has not meshed their sense of identity with that of a fictional character are often able to analyze a character far more logically than emotionally.

I'm not sure where this is coming from. It's nothing I can disagree with, but it's also off-topic. I edited out the "projecting" because, yes, it was aimed at Star, not you.

I don't have a horse in this race. I'm not a fanboy of either character, and I tend to reject such distinctions anyway. A character's flaws and limitations are as intrinsic to who they are as their best qualities.

Anyway, Superman wins, but it's not a stomp, for reasons previously stated. Lovely chatting with you.

JBL
See what I mean BW? I rest my case. You just don't get it do you? You will not be missed :.

Telling a mod and other posters that they hate superman because they say its not a one-shot or a stomp shows your blind love for superman is far worse than your dreamed up hate superman rant.

Star428

I actually think that Surfer has the advantage against current Superman but PC Superman was an entirely different beast altogether. I've picked several characters to beat Superman so I'm not just saying PC Superman stomps just because Superman is my favorite character (actually PC Supes was kinda boring because he was way too powerful) but because I actually believe he does based on his insane feats. Nothing Surfer has done even begins to compare.

Time Immemorial
Originally posted by JBL
You just don't get it do you? You will not be missed :.

Telling a mod and other posters that they hate superman because they say its not a one-shot or a stomp shows your blind love for superman is far worse than your dreamed up hate superman rant.

Oh please, Look at you sitting in the corner waiting to get some shots in cause superman won and you found a way to do some internet smooching. Cry more laughing

JBL
I actually think that Surfer has the advantage against current Superman but PC Superman was an entirely different beast altogether. I've picked several characters to beat Superman so I'm not just saying PC Superman stomps just because Superman is my favorite character (actually PC Supes was kinda boring because he was way too powerful) but because I actually believe he does based on his insane feats. Nothing Surfer has done even begins to compare. Superman is your favorite character????? WOW!!! What a surprise!!! laughing

Board Walker
To be entirely honest though, I truly do believe Superman defeats Surfer with little to no resistance at all.

Surfer has no way to defend against the kind of Speed Superman possesses, and Surfer has no counter for Superman's unparalleled Time Manipulation powers. IE he forcefully degenerated Hercules mid combat back thousands of years, he didn't warp Zeus through time....he degenerated him back to an earlier age. (all of these are provided via scans the previous page).

Superman could also simply hit Surfer with hits that exceed trillions multiplied by trillions of Super Novas, at speeds that break the abstracts of the universe (all of these are provided via scans the previous page).

JBL
Originally posted by Time Immemorial
Oh please, Look at you sitting in the corner waiting to get some shots in cause superman won and you found a way to do some internet smooching. Cry more laughing oh look, its a superman fan defending a superman fan about superman while both have superman on their page... awwwww, how sweet. love

Time Immemorial
Originally posted by JBL
oh look, its a superman fan defending a superman fan about superman while both have superman on their page... awwwww, how sweet. love

Better then board trolling superman and superman fans. rolling on floor laughing

JBL
Better then board trolling superman and superman fans. rolling on floor laughing Giving an opinion in a thread is now trolling superman and his fans? What is accusing people of hate that vote against superman only to be flooded by you and your kind with name calling? All one has to do is say.... i think superman lose..... and here you and your kind come spewing your " hate superman theory ". Want proof? rolling on floor laughing

Time Immemorial
Originally posted by JBL
Giving an opinion in a thread is now trolling superman and his fans? What is accusing people of hate that vote against superman only to be flooded by you and your kind with name calling? All one has to do is say.... i think superman lose..... and here you and your kind come spewing your " hate superman theory ". Want proof? rolling on floor laughing

Great you think he loses, where did I say anything of the above? Now you just making things up and acting childish and saying superman and hate over and over.

abhilegend
No, but he does win. Originally posted by Digi
You don't know what you're talking about. So please stop.

Digi
Originally posted by abhilegend
You don't know what you're talking about. So please stop.

Oh, I have no intention of continuing. This thread has quickly devolved in a sadly predictable pattern (not from you though). But issuing dismissive statements like this are the bigger issue. I did try to engage Supes supporters. To no avail, sadly.

Time Immemorial
God Bless Youbig grin

http://static.comicvine.com/uploads/original/14/146504/2870675-precrisissupermanid8.jpg

abhilegend
Oh, I have no intention of continuing. This thread has quickly devolved in a sadly predictable pattern (not from you though). But issuing statements like this are the bigger issue. This is an internet discussion forum. If you think someone doesn't know what they're talking about, either try to educate them or disagree with them. Condescension and asking them to stop talking is a far greater problem than a lack of knowledge. And this is spoken to someone who both agrees Superman wins, and is aware of and has acknowledged the various feats mentioned in the thread thus far. What must the less initiated think of this forum when such vitriol is being hurled around arbitrarily? I get that you take a lot of sh*t for backing Superman like you do. A lot of it is unfair. It makes it easy to be dismissive. I get it, because the same can often be said of modding, and I've gotten snippy with posters who didn't deserve it because I'm used to taking hell in disciplinary situations. I would have been willing to talk about Superman in this fight, as the last couple pages (I hope) have shown. But it's not going to happen like this.

Enjoy your day.
Ok? I asked you to please stop generalizing superman's feats based on nothing but "Oh, he has hundreds of fights." Superman can and had oneshotted people even in his own weight class which is much higher than surfer's. If you want, I can flood this thread with scans.

Surfer has a hard time with Thor, do you think Thor is even remotely comparable to PC superman in strength? Answer that and you will find why I asked you to stop.

Time Immemorial
Originally posted by JBL
Giving an opinion in a thread is now trolling superman and his fans? What is accusing people of hate that vote against superman only to be flooded by you and your kind with name calling? All one has to do is say.... i think superman lose..... and here you and your kind come spewing your " hate superman theory ". Want proof? rolling on floor laughing

Where did I say you have a Superman hate history? Where did I accuse you of hate voting? Where did I call you names? Still waiting on that proof. Since there is none, I forgive you for false accusations. big grin

JBL
Where did I say you have a Superman hate history? Where did I accuse you of hate voting? Where did I call you names? Still waiting on that proof. Since there is none, I forgive you for false accusations. big grin So you have never agreed with star when he said me or someone else hated and lowball superman when they vote against him? big grin

Time Immemorial
Originally posted by JBL
So you have never agreed with star when he said me or someone else hated and lowball superman when they vote against him? big grin

No. I actually used to like Hulk until carver wore me out. Now I'm with the Mad Titan and Kal El.

Terryc250
I actually think that Surfer has the advantage against current Superman but PC Superman was an entirely different beast altogether. I've picked several characters to beat Superman so I'm not just saying PC Superman stomps just because Superman is my favorite character (actually PC Supes was kinda boring because he was way too powerful) but because I actually believe he does based on his insane feats. Nothing Surfer has done even begins to compare.

Are you new here? I think everyone here and their mothers know what Pre-Crisis Supes feats are. You don't have to claim ppl are ignorant of his feats just because they don't think Surfer gets one shotted. Supes sneezed away a Solar System due to Mxy's magic powder. Surfer has done ridiculous things too like effortlessly open up a blackhole, evolve entire planets billions of years in seconds, time travel, ability to see the future, easily destroy Suns, survive without a body as air molecules, then reform, etc. But I do think Pre-Crisis Supes wins.

Star428
It depends on what your definition of "new" is. I've been here since, IIRC, March or April of this year so I guess I'm relatively new. But, yeah, anyone who doesn't think PC Superman can one-shot Surfer if he's not holding back obviously doesn't know much about PC Superman. I don't really see what me being "new" has to do with it. Either way it doesn't change the fact that Surfer is no match for this version of Superman. But then, very few characters are. It's not like it's a knock on Surfer or anything.

Time Immemorial
Originally posted by Terryc250
Are you new here?

"No you!" laughing

Terryc250
It depends on what your definition of "new" is. I've been here since, IIRC, March or April of this year so I guess I'm relatively new. But, yeah, anyone who doesn't think PC Superman can one-shot Surfer if he's not holding back obviously doesn't know much about PC Superman. I don't really see what me being "new" has to do with it. Either way it doesn't change the fact that Surfer is no match for this version of Superman. But then, very few characters are. It's not like it's a knock on Surfer or anything.

Just the fact that you are trying to educate people about PC Supes, like you weren't aware that its common knowledge around here. Didn't Karate Kid do well vs PC Supes? Also, if we're going by Supes bloodlusted and at the height of his abilities (ignoring his low showings), we would do the same to Surfer. How exactly is he going to 1-shot him? What if Surfer goes intangeable? Or turns into molecules?

Mindship
More/less, I tend to go with an overall feel of the character, ie, how powerful they are, what they are/should be capable of, because, yeah, feats can be very inconsistent, certainly for both PC Supes and Soarin' Norrin. Based on that, and given how outlandishly mighty Boring Swan Superman was (forget the solar-system sneeze; what about towing multiple planets across the universe -- and that he did as a boy!). Writers just went to town with him, trying to one-up the previous stories. I don't see Surfer lasting long against this level of power. I've sometimes wondered how well even Galactus would do against this Superman. He really was demigodlike...except when it came to kryptonite and company.

Given the extreme polar nature of PC Superman, he was also, often, taken down quite easily by anyone with a green, glowing rock. If Surfer uses weakness exploitation (including red sun radiation, iirc another major Achilles heel for PC Supes), then Superman goes down easier than he'd take down Surfer w/o w.e.

Bentley
I'll bookmark this thread to prove how much of a blind troll Digi is biscuits

Star428
Originally posted by Mindship
More/less, I tend to go with an overall feel of the character, ie, how powerful they are, what they are/should be capable of, because, yeah, feats can be very inconsistent, certainly for both PC Supes and Soarin' Norrin. Based on that, and given how outlandishly mighty Boring Swan Superman was (forget the solar-system sneeze; what about towing multiple planets across the universe -- and that he did as a boy!). Writers just went to town with him, trying to one-up the previous stories. I don't see Surfer lasting long against this level of power. I've sometimes wondered how well even Galactus would do against this Superman. He really was demigodlike...except when it came to kryptonite and company.

Given the extreme polar nature of PC Superman, he was also, often, taken down quite easily by anyone with a green, glowing rock. If Surfer uses weakness exploitation (including red sun radiation, iirc another major Achilles heel for PC Supes), then Superman goes down easier than he'd take down Surfer w/o w.e.

Since this is a forum fight and not a comic fight where a character is subject to PIS and CIS then I seriously doubt Surfer would ever get a chance to do anything like "weakness exploitation" as Superman would take him out before Surfer even realizes what's happening.

carver9
Wait a minute, Tenebrous and Aegis didn't one shot Surfer, two Galactus level beings but this version of Supes can? Not happening, BUT, Superman still wins.

Mindship
Since this is a forum fight and not a comic fight where a character is subject to PIS and CIS then I seriously doubt Surfer would ever get a chance to do anything like "weakness exploitation" as Superman would take him out before Surfer even realizes what's happening. My understanding is, in forum fights, heroes fight in-character, which means CIS/PIS/whatever is present, unless otherwise specified by the OP.

DarkSaint85
My understanding is, in forum fights, heroes fight in-character, which means CIS/PIS/whatever is present, unless otherwise specified by the OP.

PIS is off (Deathstroke tagging Flash).

CIS is still on, however (Rhino doesn't suddenly start fighting tactically).

CIP is also still on (Superman doesn't go around blitzing everyone's heads off without reason).

Mindship
Originally posted by DarkSaint85
PIS is off (Deathstroke tagging Flash).

CIS is still on, however (Rhino doesn't suddenly start fighting tactically).

CIP is also still on (Superman doesn't go around blitzing everyone's heads off without reason). Thanks for the clarification (yeah, no-PIS makes sense since there's no plot in a forum fight.

CIP? Think I missed this one. CIP means ... ?

DarkSaint85
Thanks for the clarification (yeah, no-PIS makes sense since there's no plot in a forum fight.

CIP? Think I missed this one. CIP means ... ?

Character Inhibited Power. Superman holding back, Martian Manhunter not wanting to use his mindwhammy and lobotomising people, Surfer not destroying the entire Earth in a black hole, Hulk not going WBH at the drop of a hat.

abhilegend
Originally posted by Terryc250
Are you new here? I think everyone here and their mothers know what Pre-Crisis Supes feats are. You don't have to claim ppl are ignorant of his feats just because they don't think Surfer gets one shotted. Supes sneezed away a Solar System due to Mxy's magic powder. Surfer has done ridiculous things too like effortlessly open up a blackhole, evolve entire planets billions of years in seconds, time travel, ability to see the future, easily destroy Suns, survive without a body as air molecules, then reform, etc. But I do think Pre-Crisis Supes wins. Originally posted by Terryc250
Are you new here? I think everyone here and their mothers know what Pre-Crisis Supes feats are. You don't have to claim ppl are ignorant of his feats just because they don't think Surfer gets one shotted. Supes sneezed away a Solar System due to Mxy's magic powder. Surfer has done ridiculous things too like effortlessly open up a blackhole, evolve entire planets billions of years in seconds, time travel, ability to see the future, easily destroy Suns, survive without a body as air molecules, then reform, etc. But I do think Pre-Crisis Supes wins.
Superman didn't "do" it because he inhaled mxy's dust. He wasn't amped or anything. Why does that "myth" persists is beyond me.

abhilegend
Originally posted by carver9
Wait a minute, Tenebrous and Aegis didn't one shot Surfer, two Galactus level beings but this version of Supes can? Not happening, BUT, Superman still wins.
An alternate universe Warlock just oneshotted Surfer albeit with a cheapshot. Pretending T&A is Surfer's average is stupid.

And Aegis did oneshot surfer in Annihilation 2.

cdtm
Superman doesn't sneeze, hence the "magic dust".

It made him sneeze, and that's all it did.

Stoic
Originally posted by cdtm
Superman doesn't sneeze, hence the "magic dust".

It made him sneeze, and that's all it did.

Imagine giving him a couple cans of magical pinto beans? You know, because they're good for the heart.

Text-only Version: Click HERE to see this thread with all of the graphics, features, and links.