SS4 Gogeta vs Whis

Text-only Version: Click HERE to see this thread with all of the graphics, features, and links.

Time Immemorial
No time limit on fusion.

SSJGGogeta
Going by feats, including SSJ4 Goku getting cut by glass, even Chiaotzu shits on him.

Statements, and considering GT cannon, which it isn't, Whiss gets stomped. Hard.

Time Immemorial
Originally posted by SSJGGogeta
Going by feats, including SSJ4 Goku getting cut by glass, even Chiaotzu shits on him.

Statements, and considering GT cannon, which it isn't, Whiss gets stomped. Hard.

Whis gets stomped?

AsbestosFlaygon
The only feat Whis did in the movie is karate chop the rear neck of Beers.

Time Immemorial
Originally posted by AsbestosFlaygon
The only feat Whis did in the movie is karate chop the rear neck of Beers.

Well his feat was pretty amazing considering thats basically what Bills did to SS3 Goku. Also he's Bills teacher and handler.

pheonixking787
Originally posted by Time Immemorial
Well his feat was pretty amazing considering thats basically what Bills did to SS3 Goku. Also he's Bills teacher and handler.

i agree whis knocked out beeruce with ease, and it was stated by akira toriama that vegito was the strongest cheracter in the show until wich means beruce is stronger than gogeta and wee all know whis is much, much stronger than beruce.

in conclusion whis will crush gogeta.

yungz22
theres litereally no way of knowing this both barely any feats

SSJGGogeta
Originally posted by pheonixking787
i agree whis knocked out beeruce with ease, and it was stated by akira toriama that vegito was the strongest cheracter in the show until wich means beruce is stronger than gogeta and wee all know whis is much, much stronger than beruce.

in conclusion whis will crush gogeta.

What? None of that is true, or even true, except that Whiss easily ko'd Bills.

Also, base Vegetto was stronger than SSJ3 Goku. SSJG is a 50X boost to SSJ3, meaning that Vegetto's SSJ1 is > Goku SSJG. That means Vegetto is superior to Bills 70%.

Goku base form in GT is stronger than Buuhan in DBZ. This means he's stronger than base form Vegetto. What THIS means, is that Goku in GT is essentially stronger in EVERY form than Vegetto, and can even go SSJ4. He is RIDICULOUSLY stronger than Bills and Whiss, and SSJ4 Gogeta is EASILY stronger than them both combined.

BloodRain
GT Goku is over 8x stronger than BoG Goku, what with GT being on Buu's level and assuming BoG is on Frieza's level (where all we know is that he couldn't win in his base form, which could mean it'd be close or that he would once again need to go S1). The real question is which is the greater boost; SGod or SS4+Fusion?

If BoG Goku is a 1, S3 is obviously 400. GT Goku would be 8, S1 is 400 and assuming its actually 10x boost from S1, S4 is 4,000.

GT is already 10 times the PL of BoG S3. Now, fusion alone makes base Gogeta almost 17 times that of base Goku's power (based on VJump), leaving us with S4Gogeta's PL being 167x that of BoG S3Goku. And keep in mind this is using a BoG Goku with strength equal to Frieza, and not something closer to the base strength he had during that saga.

Personally I can't see the amp from SG mode coupled with the difference between this and Whis being that grand.

AsbestosFlaygon

Goku base form in GT is stronger than Buuhan in DBZ. This means he's stronger than base form Vegetto. What THIS means, is that Goku in GT is essentially stronger in EVERY form than Vegetto, and can even go SSJ4. He is RIDICULOUSLY stronger than Bills and Whiss, and SSJ4 Gogeta is EASILY stronger than them both combined.
Yes, base Goku in GT is stronger than Buuhan.
But that doesn't necessarily mean that GT Goku is stronger than Vegetto.

Remember, base Vegetto was practically toying with Buuhan. He even deflected Buuhan's strongest attack.
SSJ1 Vegetto in candy form was still stronger, faster, and more durable than Buuhan.

Vegetto let Buu absorb him so that he could save everyone absorbed by Buu.

Not to mention, the Potata Earrings is a better fusion form than the Fusion Dance. It multiplies the power of two individuals, instead of simply adding them like in Fusion Dance.

BloodRain
The fusions are equal in strength, and neither amp the individual powers like addition or multiplication.

AsbestosFlaygon
Originally posted by BloodRain
The fusions are equal in strength, and neither amp the individual powers like addition or multiplication.
If that was the case, do you really think adding the powers of both Vegeta and Goku would be enough to beat Buuhan?
Why can't Gotenks finish the weaker Super Buu if both fusion forms were equal?

Based on what was shown, in both the manga and anime, Vegetto was more than just a simple fused form.
He was picking apart Buuhan and practically toying around with him and tanking every attack thrown at him. And we all know how powerful this version of Buu was.

BloodRain
Its not simple addition or multiplication, as the PLs show. And what? What does comparing the kids fusion to the adults mean here?

No ones denying he got stronger..

You know I'm talking about the rings and the dance, right?

Q99
GT has the highest physical strength feats in DB, stuff like lifting a city. Even before getting into stuff like 'baseform Goku is now strong enough to fight both Frieza and Perfect Cell at the same time'.

Galan007
SSJG is a 50X boost to SSJ3 Source?

The fusions are equal in strength, and neither amp the individual powers like addition or multiplication. Evidently a Potara fusion IS akin to multiplying the power of the two fusees, as stated in the Daizenshuu:
http://i.imgur.com/0jTQnXY.jpg

It was also stated that Vegito was an even more powerful fusion because Goku/Vegeta were rivals:
http://i.imgur.com/72Xcw42.gif

Imo, multiplying their powers is the only way that Vegito could have turned out to be as ridiculously powerful as he was... Especially when we consider that Goku and Vegeta were FAR inferior to some of Buu's weakest incarnations.
ie. Vegito>>>>>>>Buuhan>>>Buutenks>Mystic Gohan>>>SSJ3 Gotenks~Super Buu>>>>SSJ3 Goku>>Fat Buu>>SSJ2 Majin Vegeta.

However, the implications of the multiplication concept are staggering, so I kind of take it with a grain of salt. /shrug

AsbestosFlaygon
Originally posted by Galan007

A Potara fusion IS akin to multiplying the power of the two fusees, as stated in the Daizenshuu:

It was also stated that Vegito was an even more powerful fusion because Goku/Vegeta were rivals:

Imo, multiplying their powers is the only way that Vegito could have turned out to be as ridiculously powerful as he was... Especially when we consider that Goku and Vegeta were FAR inferior to some of Buu's weakest incarnations.
ie. Vegito>>>>>>>Buuhan>>>Buutenks>Mystic Gohan>>>SSJ3 Gotenks~Super Buu>>>>SSJ3 Goku>>Fat Buu>>SSJ2 Majin Vegeta.
I've been looking for those scans for a while now.

I agree, Super Vegetto was so ridiculously strong, he could potentially overpower even some of the strongest in GT.

I'd say he was <= SSJ4 Gogeta, and > Omega Shenron.

BloodRain
That page needs a better translation. It says its closer to multiplication than addition, not that it is specifically so. The guy even says 'supposedly'. Unless someone can translate the words, it could just mean their power multiplies by an certain figure, like the Fusion Dance making the user 17x base as per VJump.

Anyhow its not the only way. If a mere 2x multiplier can make losing match into a complete curbstomp, why would it have to be a complete power multiplying to get the results here? That'd be a lot of zeros. A dozen+ makes more sense, to me at least.

Galan007
I've been looking for those scans for a while now.

I agree, Super Vegetto was so ridiculously strong, he could potentially overpower even some of the strongest in GT.

I'd say he was <= SSJ4 Gogeta, and > Omega Shenron. Like I said: I take the multiplication concept with a grain of salt. If that really were the case then 2 characters with a PL of 1,000,000 could fuse, and the amalgam would possess a PL of 1,000,000,000,000? No way, imo. Same coin, when Supreme Kai and Kibito fused, said amalgam would've logically had a PL in the HUNDREDS of TRILLIONS if the multiplication concept was in play. Furthermore, in the Manga Goku stated that fusing with Mr. Satan would only glean him an infinitesimal power increase(or possibly make him even weaker.):
http://i.imgur.com/infvRCY.gif
That definitely doesn't sound like multiplication to me. Meh...

Anywho, as of BoG, Frieza>base Goku(and this was post-Buu era.) By the time of GT, however, base Goku was able to casually trounce both Frieza AND Cell at the same time, as though they were pathetically weak fodder. Base GT Goku also stalemated base Rildo, who Goku himself confirmed was "even MORE powerful than Majin Buu."
ie. base GT Goku~Rildo>Majin Buu>SSJ3 Z Goku.

After transforming into a SSJ, Rildo noted that Goku's power had "increased a HUNDRED fold"--double what the SSJ multiplier was in Z. Since no other SSJ multipliers were given in GT, I'll keep the SSJ2-3 multipliers the same as they were in Z...

This means SSJ GT Goku was upwards of 100x> Buu/SSJ3 Z Goku.
This means SSJ2 GT Goku was upwards of 200x> Buu/SSJ3 Z Goku.
This means SSJ3 GT Goku was upwards of 800x> Buu/SSJ3 Z Goku.
If we then use the commonly accepted SSJ4 multiplier of 10x> SSJ3, this means SSJ4 GT Goku was upwards of 8,000x> Buu/SSJ3 Z Goku.

Suffice to say: I believe Vegito would be effortlessly stomped by SSJ4 Goku. Comparing him to Omega Shenron and SSJ4 Gogeta is hilarious.

That page needs a better translation. It says its closer to multiplication than addition, not that it is specifically so. The guy even says 'supposedly'. Unless someone can translate the words, it could just mean their power multiplies by an certain figure, like the Fusion Dance making the user 17x base as per VJump.

Anyhow its not the only way. If a mere 2x multiplier can make losing match into a complete curbstomp, why would it have to be a complete power multiplying to get the results here? That'd be a lot of zeros. A dozen+ makes more sense, to me at least. Oh I agree(see above.) Even the guy who translated the page was skeptical of that multiplier, and reiterated the possibility of Akira not even knowing about that passage.

Crimson Dragoon
Vegeto stops being special when Super Baby Vegeta 1 shows up

Q99

Evidently a Potara fusion IS akin to multiplying the power of the two fusees, as stated in the Daizenshuu:

Though we don't know exactly how much the multiplier is.

Power Level is, after all, an arbitrary number that different groups have different scales for (PL vs Babadi's Killis). It's not like PL 100 fused with PL 1000 = PL 100,000, else the result would be even more extreme than Vegito... and Kibitokai would have been a beast too, and he wasn't.

So it may be something like "Add the powers them multiply by 2." (Or 1.5, or 3, or however much).

Considering SSJ4 Gogeta is higher base and higher form, I do think Gogeta's still a good deal stronger even if the fusion method is somewhat lesser.

juggerman

You keep getting this little tid bit wrong guy. Super Buu>SSJ3 Gotenks

Galan007
Originally posted by juggerman
You keep getting this little tid bit wrong guy. Super Buu>SSJ3 Gotenks True, hence the "~" symbol. It allows for some wiggle room between them, as the difference was marginal at best. Super Buu just had the ever-so-slight advantage.

juggerman
No wiggle. Buu was stronger. SAY IT!

SSJGGogeta
Source?

Evidently a Potara fusion IS akin to multiplying the power of the two fusees, as stated in the Daizenshuu:

However, the implications of the multiplication concept are staggering, so I kind of take it with a grain of salt. /shrug

The source was a statement that Toriyama made in an interview. He basically said that SSJG was to SSJ3 as SSJ1 is to base form. This, in simplest terms, proves SSJG is 50X boost to SSJ3, and it's much easier to control.

SSJGGogeta
Yes, base Goku in GT is stronger than Buuhan.
But that doesn't necessarily mean that GT Goku is stronger than Vegetto.

Remember, base Vegetto was practically toying with Buuhan. He even deflected Buuhan's strongest attack.
SSJ1 Vegetto in candy form was still stronger, faster, and more durable than Buuhan.

Vegetto let Buu absorb him so that he could save everyone absorbed by Buu.

Not to mention, the Potata Earrings is a better fusion form than the Fusion Dance. It multiplies the power of two individuals, instead of simply adding them like in Fusion Dance.

Um, yes, that is EXACTLY what it means.

That did not happen. It isn't even acknowledged by the Daizenshuu, as it DIRECTLY contradicts the manga. Vegetto turned SSJ as soon as he fused, and didn't fight with Buuhan at all as base Vegetto. End of story. This is because he was too weak to win as base Vegetto, but was able to toy with Buu in SSJ1.

GT Goku in base form was stronger than Buuhan. This means he is stronger than Vegetto, and even has three forms HIGHER than Vegetto ever did. Vegetto in base was stronger than SSJ3 Goku. This means that SSJ1 Vegetto > SSJG Goku, by as much as base Vegetto was to SSJ3 Goku. This means SSJ1 Vegetto ~ Bills. What this means, is that since Whiss is 50% stronger than Bills, he is the same to SSJ1 Vegetto. SSJ2 is a 5X boost to SSJ1. This means SSJ2 Vegetto would stomp Whiss. HARD. SSJ2 GT Goku would stomp him even HARDER. SSJ4 ANYTHING against Whiss is OVERKILL. Let alone SSJ4 Gogeta, for christ sake.

BloodRain
The source was a statement that Toriyama made in an interview. He basically said that SSJG was to SSJ3 as SSJ1 is to base form. This, in simplest terms, proves SSJG is 50X boost to SSJ3, and it's much easier to control.
Can we have the link to this?

Sounds believable tbh, but we'd need to see it.

SSJGGogeta

Text-only Version: Click HERE to see this thread with all of the graphics, features, and links.