dragon ball z ssj god thread

Text-only Version: Click HERE to see this thread with all of the graphics, features, and links.

pheonixking787
what do you guys think about the overall look of ssjgod?
i think it looked just like goku's kaio ken but slightly different
what do you should they have done differently in the movie and for the ssjgod form.

Time Immemorial
Kai Ken was pretty much the bench mark for Goku, he even used it after he was a SS in the after life. It makes sense they would head back that way. SS gold hair was getting phased out anyways by the end of Z and def GT with black hair and SS4 Goku.

pheonixking787
yes but DBGT was not cannon or part of the regional story niether was ssj4 goku

Time Immemorial
Originally posted by pheonixking787
yes but DBGT was not cannon or part of the regional story niether was ssj4 goku

Doesn't matter if it was cannon or non cannon. The cannon arguments here died last year, no one cares. Thats the way dragon ball was going. Base Goku was a utter brick house in GT.

pheonixking787
personally I dont care if its cannon or not but a lot of fans dont even consider ssj4 goku for those reasons.

Time Immemorial
Originally posted by pheonixking787
personally I dont care if its cannon or not but a lot of fans dont even consider ssj4 goku for those reasons.

GT had some cat shit, but some gems, we do out best to weed out the gems from the kitty litter.

Welcome to the board btw, glad to have you.

pheonixking787
Originally posted by Time Immemorial
GT had some cat shit, but some gems, we do out best to weed out the gems from the kitty litter.

Welcome to the board btw, glad to have you.

true Happy Dance

SSJGGogeta
Eh, honestly, I'm with PK on this.

I definitely think they could have done a better job on the God mode, but I do understand where Toriyama was going with the whole, "might can be light", theme the movie had going. It just seems a little bit anti-climactic to watch in such suspense to see the movie introduce a form that's already been used.

However, I do think it's also good, because it could possibly be setting up for even more forms. Such as SSJG2 or 3, which would be pretty cool.

All in all, the form didn't wow me, but I was content with it.

bbrem123
I actually think this was a good approach to god mode. You can only go so far with physical appearances. They might want to switch up his outfit when he enters god mode.

That might be all that is needed

BloodRain
The main physical traits of SS is lighter skin, green eyes (slight mod with SS3) and gold hair. Its happened to everyone regardless of eye and hair colour, or heritage. It's strange that its Super Saiyan God, not just Saiyan God, when it has literally nothing connecting to a SS.

..Unless the 'Super Saiyan' was named after SSG?

Galan007
I assumed it was called 'Super Saiyan' God because all the Saiyans(aside from fetus-Pan) who were part of the ritual that allowed Goku to access Godly power, transformed into Super Saiyans before the ritual commenced. However, when the original SSJG was formed, those Saiyans obviously weren't able to access the Super Saiyan transformation, so.... I dunno. There are some things Akira simply doesn't give a shit about, lol. /shrug

cdtm
Well, that's all assuming "Super Saiyan" was ever a formal title, and not just some layman's term for the most powerful being in the universe. By that context, you can slap on "Super" to just about anything you think is the apex fighter.

But since Super Saiyan is supposed to be "invincible", imo it should have simply been called the "Super Saiyan". stick out tongue

From what Bill's said, you'd have to look outside the universe to find a more powerful being (Not counting himself), which is what the Super Saiyan was originally supposed to be.

BloodRawEngine
I'm here and there on it all things considered. Some concepts of the appearance seemed cool while others not so much. I'll say that I'll take it over those stupid over-the-top all-gold SSJ4 fan pictures some people were so obsessed with; Let GT ****ing die already (hell, let the last 3 Z episodes do so too), and on a plot standpoint, it definitely has more dignity than that SSJ 1/2 crap from Lord Slug that was hyped as the friggin center stage twist of that film only to have lasted for all of fifteen seconds and not even be what ends the fight (seriously Lord Slug is probably my tied pick with Bio Broly for the worst DBZ movie, but I digress).

Text-only Version: Click HERE to see this thread with all of the graphics, features, and links.