The You Gauntlet

Text-only Version: Click HERE to see this thread with all of the graphics, features, and links.

maxivitopowe
Blade

Wolverine

Captain America

Legolas

Cyclops

Spiderman

Fro Zone

Human Torch

Havok

Syndrome

Aldrich Killian

Thing

Abomination

Hulk

DOOM

Kurse

Weapon XI

Thor

Zod

Hancock

MOS

Shaw

Dr Manhattan

Silver Surfer

Fight in rural Maine
no bfr
30 minute break between each round
First match
Each round you only get the powers of the
person you are facing in that round. They
don't carry over
Second round
The powers carry over to the next rounds

Robtard
Clears thumb up

marwash22
No, Rob. You and everyone else stops 1.

You get Blade's powers but that doesn't mean you have his martial arts skills. Blade beats the shit out of us.

FrothByte
I can only beat the ones whom I know I have more martial skills than, which would be:

Wolverine - maybe I can beat him. He isn't that skilled but he does have lots of experience. So... maybe.

Cyclops - considering how puny Cyclops was shown in the movies, yeah I'd beat him up... though I guess it depends on who shoots who first

Spiderman - yup, definitely beating this puny kid

Human Torch - could go either way

Havok - skinny teenager is no match for me

Aldrich Killian - pretty sure I can beat up closet perv scientists

Thing - big maybe

Hulk - another big maybe

DOOM - yup, I can win this one

MOS - pretty sure I can beat up the guy who's never been in a fight his entire life... as long as I get the exact same level of powers he does

Round 2 rules are too complex for me to think about right now. I'll get back on that when I have more time.

marwash22
gauntlet means it's in order... so you would beat no one 'cause Blade beats you to death.

also, lol, you're not beating Doom. Again, you have his powers, but nothing else. You're not more intelligent than Doom. You have equal powers but his brain would figure out how to kill you before you could kill him.

KingD19
Even if you could match him in skill, OP doesn't specify if you're as skilled with the powers as the original. And that makes a big difference. Superman vs a N00b who's never used his powers would net Clark pretty much all the wins.

maxivitopowe
But MOS was that noob

Jmanghan
Originally posted by FrothByte
I can only beat the ones whom I know I have more martial skills than, which would be:

Wolverine - maybe I can beat him. He isn't that skilled but he does have lots of experience. So... maybe.

Cyclops - considering how puny Cyclops was shown in the movies, yeah I'd beat him up... though I guess it depends on who shoots who first

Spiderman - yup, definitely beating this puny kid

Human Torch - could go either way

Havok - skinny teenager is no match for me

Aldrich Killian - pretty sure I can beat up closet perv scientists

Thing - big maybe

Hulk - another big maybe

DOOM - yup, I can win this one

MOS - pretty sure I can beat up the guy who's never been in a fight his entire life... as long as I get the exact same level of powers he does

Round 2 rules are too complex for me to think about right now. I'll get back on that when I have more time.

Spiderman can lift 5 tons, you do know that, right?

maxivitopowe
So can you

FrothByte
Originally posted by marwash22
gauntlet means it's in order... so you would beat no one 'cause Blade beats you to death.

also, lol, you're not beating Doom. Again, you have his powers, but nothing else. You're not more intelligent than Doom. You have equal powers but his brain would figure out how to kill you before you could kill him.

Doom is smart but I don't think this match has prep time involved, in which case he's just a rich scientist. And I'm confident enough in my h2h that I know I can beat up the average joe, pretty sure I can beat up a scientist.

FrothByte
Originally posted by Jmanghan
Spiderman can lift 5 tons, you do know that, right?

Pretty sure it's supposed to be 10 tons. But stips of the match are that you get the exact same powers they have.

Tzeentch
Originally posted by marwash22
No, Rob. You and everyone else stops 1.

You get Blade's powers but that doesn't mean you have his martial arts skills. Blade beats the shit out of us. With equal strength, speed and stamina I think I've watched enough Worldstar Hiphop to hold my own. thumb up

KingD19
Originally posted by maxivitopowe
But MOS was that noob

No he wasn't. Zod and the others were the noobs. Just thwire genetic code making them warriors allowed them to quickly get used to their powers. Clark had his for 20+ years. You even see Zod and Faora getting screwed over by their super senses and Zod losing control of his heat vision.

FrothByte
Originally posted by KingD19
No he wasn't. Zod and the others were the noobs. Just thwire genetic code making them warriors allowed them to quickly get used to their powers. Clark had his for 20+ years. You even see Zod and Faora getting screwed over by their super senses and Zod losing control of his heat vision.

No, Superman dominated because he's been exposed to the sun far longer and thus is stronger and has all his powers more developed. But stips of the match says you get equal amount of powers, so that advantage of his is negated.

KingD19
Nam-Ek, Faora, and Zod all clearly had their powers on his level. Nam-Ek was stronger, Faora was faster and a better fighter, etc...

I was pointing out though that Clark was not the noob in that situation though which is obvious.

Silent Master
In regards to fighting skill he was rather noob like, drop him down to human level and I could see him having trouble with random thugs.

FrothByte
Originally posted by KingD19
Nam-Ek, Faora, and Zod all clearly had their powers on his level. Nam-Ek was stronger, Faora was faster and a better fighter, etc...

I was pointing out though that Clark was not the noob in that situation though which is obvious.

Nam-Ek and Faora couldn't even fly or use heat vision. They obviously didn't have the same level of powers.

Zod only recently got his flight and heat vision, and only after he removed his helm to absorb more of our environment.

Clark has been exposed to our environment far longer. Logic dictates that he would also have more developed powers.

KingD19
Originally posted by Silent Master
In regards to fighting skill he was rather noob like, drop him down to human level and I could see him having trouble with random thugs.

I meant with his powers. He had them for 2+ decades. My point I was originally making was that having the exact same powers usually means the person more experienced with them or skilled or more creative would be the winner. Like if some random schmuck got Things powers that schmuck would be in trouble. But if Captain Maria or Bucky got them, Thing would go down.

maxivitopowe
I swear he didn't even know how to fly until he visited the Fortress?

Placidity
Shaw vs Shaw would be fun.

Mindship
Round 1: I think I'd lose to each and every opponent. My 'killer instinct' is buried deep, tough to engage.

Round 2: I think I'd start to win around 1/3-1/2 the way down ... depends on my learning curve, skills-wise.

Tattoos N Scars
Is sniping allowed, especially in round 2 to accumulate powers?

maxivitopowe
Nope

juggerman
Blade beats everyone's ass. It's just unfair to start with him

Text-only Version: Click HERE to see this thread with all of the graphics, features, and links.