Jaina Solo vs. ROTJ Darth Vader

Text-only Version: Click HERE to see this thread with all of the graphics, features, and links.

carthage
Force, sabers, all out

Sinious
Darth Vader wins imo. I'm still surprised that there are people who place her above Vader.

Marco1907
Vader takes this.

Arhael
Jaina. smile

ares834
Good fight. Vader takes it.

Nephthys
Vader

AncientPower
Jaina wins, Caedus is certainly superior to Vader in every single possible way.

Jaina didn't take him in a total 1 vs 1 but she did show that in a duel she can very much hold her own against him.

Holding her own against Caedus definitely puts her on Vader tier.

Arhael
She did take him completely 1x1 in the end of the book though

NewGuy01
While this is true, she did have the advantage of him being armless and stabbed in the gut, and tbh was still being overwhelmed.

FreshestSlice
Vader.

Arhael
Originally posted by NewGuy01
While this is true, she did have the advantage of him being armless and stabbed in the gut, and tbh was still being overwhelmed.
Not having an arm is a minor disadvantage, one-handed fencing can be just as effective as two-handed. That stubbing in the gut did not hamper him in any way and on opposite it made him stronger, he immediately responded with powerful TK punch that badly concussed Jaina.

NewGuy01
Jacen disagrees with you.

WollfMyth
Jaina wins. Vader is just as skilled, if not more so, and his power is beyond Jaina's.

Sinious
Originally posted by WollfMyth
Jaina wins. Vader is just as skilled, if not more so, and his power is beyond Jaina's.

And thats why Jaina wins?

ILS
LMFAO @ having a missing arm and being stabbed through the gut being a "minor disadvantage". The character wanking in Star Wars debate never ceases to amaze me. With a bit of bad grammar this could be reaching Marco levels...

Emperordmb
Yeah, not to mention the fact that Jacen still could've easily gotten a stalemate there.

Trocity
The reason I have Jaina above Vader is because I don't have Caedus below ROTS Sidious by a big margin. The fact that she can do so well against him, regardless of his injuries, impresses me greatly.

Vorpal Ruin
Originally posted by Sinious
Darth Vader wins imo. I'm still surprised that there are people who place her above Vader.

Jaina wins imo. I'm still surprised people underestimate Jaina so often around here.

Q99
Originally posted by ILS
LMFAO @ having a missing arm and being stabbed through the gut being a "minor disadvantage".

The arm was somewhat, but notably Jacen was specifically not slowed or hindered by pain, he had techniques to ignore it completely.

I mean, they certainly play a role in why she *won* (with the best he could hope for being a draw) rather than him winning, but it wasn't the size of disadvantage it'd be for many.

DarthAnt66
Originally posted by Arhael
Not having an arm is a minor disadvantage.
http://replygif.net/i/164.gif

Sinious
Originally posted by Vorpal Ruin
Jaina wins imo. I'm still surprised people underestimate Jaina so often around here.

Well yeah, Vader is wanked a lot more. It was surprising.

Arhael
Originally posted by DarthAnt66
http://replygif.net/i/164.gif
http://i.ytimg.com/vi/6r7VWIQCHvM/maxresdefault.jpg

NewGuy01
Regardless, Jacen himself thought taking on Luke with one arm would be suicide. I'm not sure if you've ever had your arm lobbed off before, but I'm pretty sure it affects one's sword fighting rather dramatically.

Arhael
Originally posted by NewGuy01
Regardless, Jacen himself thought taking on Luke with one arm would be suicide. I'm not sure if you've ever had your arm lobbed off before, but I'm pretty sure it affects one's sword fighting rather dramatically.

They started to drop, trading a trio of lightning-fast blows that left Caedus's hands stinging and his heart racing. The last time he had fought Luke, he had started with a painful kidney wound but two good arms-and barely managed to survive. Now, with a relatively bearable shoulder wound and a single good arm, he had to do more than survive, he had to prevail-because now there would be no mercy at the last minute.

These are his thoughts when he just lost his arm, he had time to re-adjust his style and rethink tactics after.

I see no reason to assume Jacen to be solidly above Jaina in sabers. His cunning punches and kicks and other dirty tricks is what makes him so dangerous and he had absolutely no problem in using it against her.
He fought to keep his advantage, dancing back and forth behind his crimson blade, anticipating her every move-and making her pay for each step with a painful kick or elbow strike.

Back in NJO both Jacen and Jaina performed equally well against Slayers and only marginally below Luke. If not having one hand "dramatically" affected Caedus' performance, Jaina would have easily defeated him, hence it is a minor disadvantage. It would be a big disadvantage, if circumstances led them into grappling or saberlock but that didn't happen.

Raptor22
Originally posted by Arhael

They started to drop, trading a trio of lightning-fast blows that left Caedus's hands stinging and his heart racing. The last time he had fought Luke, he had started with a painful kidney wound but two good arms-and barely managed to survive. Now, with a relatively bearable shoulder wound and a single good arm, he had to do more than survive, he had to prevail-because now there would be no mercy at the last minute.

These are his thoughts when he just lost his arm, he had time to re-adjust his style and rethink tactics after.

I see no reason to assume Jacen to be solidly above Jaina in sabers. His cunning punches and kicks and other dirty tricks is what makes him so dangerous and he had absolutely no problem in using it against her.
He fought to keep his advantage, dancing back and forth behind his crimson blade, anticipating her every move-and making her pay for each step with a painful kick or elbow strike.

Back in NJO both Jacen and Jaina performed equally well against Slayers and only marginally below Luke. If not having one hand "dramatically" affected Caedus' performance, Jaina would have easily defeated him, hence it is a minor disadvantage. It would be a big disadvantage, if circumstances led them into grappling or saberlock but that didn't happen. in the final battle against shimmra and the slayers i vaguely recall them considering jaina the weak link, ill check the book when i get home to be sure.

Raptor22
Ya they considered her the weak link, and she didnt really do much if anything the whole time. She left the battle pretty early to chase onimi, then got thrown around by him and poisoned and she was out of it until the end when luke and jacen (mostly luke) killed the slayers and shimrra, and Jacen had his one with the force moment. Anyway heres the quote.

"In swift response the fifteen divided themselves into three groups of four, four, and seven. The quartets began to square off with Luke and Jacen while the larger group formed opposite Jaina. Sensing that Luke and Jacen were the stronger fighters, the slayers had decided to reserve most of their might for the jedi they perceived as being the weakest, guessing that Luke and Jacen would always go to Jainas aid bedore attempting to reach Shimrra."

Vorpal Ruin
Originally posted by Raptor22
Ya they considered her the weak link, and she didnt really do much if anything the whole time. She left the battle pretty early to chase onimi, then got thrown around by him and poisoned and she was out of it until the end when luke and jacen (mostly luke) killed the slayers and shimrra, and Jacen had his one with the force moment. Anyway heres the quote.

"In swift response the fifteen divided themselves into three groups of four, four, and seven. The quartets began to square off with Luke and Jacen while the larger group formed opposite Jaina. Sensing that Luke and Jacen were the stronger fighters, the slayers had decided to reserve most of their might for the jedi they perceived as being the weakest, guessing that Luke and Jacen would always go to Jainas aid bedore attempting to reach Shimrra."

That says that the YV perceived Jaina as the weakest link. How credible is their perception?

Raptor22
Originally posted by Vorpal Ruin
That says that the YV perceived Jaina as the weakest link. How credible is their perception? id say pretty credible. based off of the vongs overall knowledge of the jedi and their paticular interest in Jacen and Jaina throughout the war. Also Onimi was controlling all the warriors throughout the battle, and he not only had all of the knowledge the vong had on them but could use the force and see all of their auras.

"He's seeing me through the force! She told herself. As much as the realization shocked and confused her, it gave her hope."
"Even now i see the glow of the divine in you, yun-harla. As yun-yammka glows in the jeedai called skywalker; yun-shuno in the jeedai called jacen; yun-ne'shel in the jedi called tahiri."

"Jacen realized the truth. Onimi had overseen the warriors in the throne room below. Onimi, not the dhuryam, had been responsible for the quakes that had nearly toppled the citadel."

Arhael
Of course she was the weakest link. She is not as good as Luke. And Jacen unlike her was capable to switch his perception to be able to sense Vong and even control their bio-technology. Also, he could use lightning, which worked pretty well against them(stupid he didn't try it against Slayers).
If anything their assessment backfired as they sent 7 Slayers against Jaina, while only 4 each against Luke and Jacen and it didn't yield any results. It only gave her more credit as a lightsaber combatant.

Text-only Version: Click HERE to see this thread with all of the graphics, features, and links.