Revan - More famous then characters from the movies?

Text-only Version: Click HERE to see this thread with all of the graphics, features, and links.

Jmanghan
Has he gotten to the point that his fame as a Star Wars character is bigger then Obi-Wan, Anakin, or maybe even Yoda?

Could he be quite possibly the most FAMOUS CHARACTER IN STAR WARS HISTORY???? FIND OUT ON THE NEXT EPISODE OF DRAGON BA--- I mean... uh...

What do you guys think?

ares834
Lol

ILS
nAAaaaaaaaahhhh

carthage
Absolutely not.

NemeBro
Originally posted by Jmanghan
Has he gotten to the point that his fame as a Star Wars character is bigger then Obi-Wan, Anakin, or maybe even Yoda?

Could he be quite possibly the most FAMOUS CHARACTER IN STAR WARS HISTORY???? FIND OUT ON THE NEXT EPISODE OF DRAGON BA--- I mean... uh...

What do you guys think? No.

red8
Maybe with the EU fans, but a majority of Star Wars fans have probably never heard of him.

NemeBro
I sincerely doubt that there are any EU fans who know of Revan but not, say, Vader, lol.

DarthAnt66
Revan is the most famous EU character (alongside Thrawn). I would put him up with second-tier movie characters in terms of fame.

NemeBro
Probably.

Who would you consider second tier?

red8
Originally posted by NemeBro
I sincerely doubt that there are any EU fans who know of Revan but not, say, Vader, lol.

True, but I'm sure there are quite a few that know Revan's feats and accolades but not Vader's.

DarthAnt66
Probably.

Who would you consider second tier?
Like Qui-Gon Jinn.

FreshestSlice
Originally posted by red8
True, but I'm sure there are quite a few that know Revan's feats and accolades but not Vader's.
That's because Revan hardly has any, at least without combing. Most of his fans wouldn't know anything besides the fact that he's that gurl, cuz Revan was was "muh Revan," that walked into a bomb as it blew up and is powerfulz. Revanites are the absolute worst and most disgusting form of Star Wars fan there is, because they don't need to know a single thing about him.

Stigma

What do you guys think?

What do you guys think?

Originally posted by ares834
Lol
Originally posted by ILS
nAAaaaaaaaahhhh
Originally posted by carthage
Absolutely not.
No.
^ This.

In general popularity:

Vader > Sidious > Yoda > Kenobi >>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>Revan

carthage
Which version of Kenobi?

And yeah Vader >> Sidious, that ugly old bastard's dry scrotum looking face doesn't look as appealing as Vader's occult mask of death

Stigma
Which version of Kenobi?
Old "I shall become more powerful than you can possibly imagine" Kenobi

And yeah Vader >> Sidious, that ugly old bastard's dry scrotum looking face doesn't look as appealing as Vader's occult mask of death
True, Vader is the epitome of SW. Quintessential villain and bada$$.

Tbh neither Revan, nor any other EU character/rip-off (Vitiate) come even close to the iconic status that Vader or Sidious or Yoda enjoy.

carthage
He didn't become more "powerful" Vader shanked him and he became a Walmart bathrobe on the Deathstar floor

Sidious and Tempest are jealous because Vader has more emotional depth, has bad@$$ armor, and can collapse a cathedral. What has Sidious done to compare to the fawkin Chosen one?

Stigma
He didn't become more "powerful" Vader shanked him and he became a Walmart bathrobe on the Deathstar floor haha true. I probably should have said Old "these aren't the droids you're looking for" Kenobi or Old "Use the force, Luke" Kenobi.

Kenobi's Walmart bathrobe still >>>>>>> Revan

Sidious and Tempest are jealous because Vader has more emotional depth, has bad@$$ armor, and can collapse a cathedral. What has Sidious done to compare to the fawkin Chosen one?
I long suspected that Gideon's Tempest's love for Sidious is primarily a reactionary response to how much better Vader is as a character. stick out tongue

But jokinhg aisde, Sidious is second, most probably

ares834
Originally posted by DarthAnt66
Like Qui-Gon Jinn.

Lol no. Hell, even Ackbar is far more well known than Revan.

ares834
Originally posted by Stigma
I long suspected that Gideon's Tempest's love for Sidious is primarily a reactionary response to how much better Vader is as a character. stick out tongue

But jokinhg aisde, Sidious is second, most probably

Yoda is way more popular than Sidious dude. As is Han and Luke.

Stigma
Agreed on Han and Luke.

Yoda perhaps, they are interchangble in my order either way.

EDIT: for the moment I was thinking more of a SW villain, not all characters

carthage
Tempest's sarcastic quips and constant posting of Googled Palpatine JPEG images are no match for the furnace heart of the chosen one. He fears, realizes, and knew that Palpatine's vision of Anakin's defeat on Mustafar- is the death knell to a character that Lucas devised would've crushed Sidious underfoot like the wrinkly saggy caterpillar he is. Vader is the true portrait of a tragic hero from his doomed genesis as fatefully destined to die for the galaxy, to his telekinetic abilities that make hurling Senate pods at a midget look like a casual pool game for Vader. Vader would absolutely dominate Sidious in a duel, WAIT he'd absolutely wreck Sheev so bad that he'd need Yoda's cane for his other arm. You saw how he hurled him down that mine shaft? Well, sir Vader was planning to elbow drop him, piledrive him, and make him scream for his daddy Cosinga if it wasn't for his idiot son getting tortured by lightning.

Most people don't realize that Vader isn't really slow, he just would move faster than Sidious even with his mechanical legs because his furnace heart pumps liquid fire into every muscle fiber of the remnant of his limbs. Sidious cowers in fear to the sight of cloaked and armored Vader

Stigma
I think you are spot on, bro. Furnace heart it is.

Also Tempest posting JPEG Sheev pics, So.Not.Cool.

carthage
One more to the right side, Sidious is inferior to Vader in all except for having spina bifida, looking like a prune, and having bad teeth

Vader is the face of Star wars, and Revan is well..hmm maybe Revan might be more popular in 20 years who knows

NewGuy01
Yoda won the popularity tournament twice in a row.

Stigma
pics or never happened

carthage
Originally posted by NewGuy01
Yoda won the popularity tournament twice in a row.

Post the link because that ugly green Danny Devito lookalike is far from the most popular.

Who do you think is more bootlegged in Asian sweatshops for Walmart shirts Yoda or Vader? I went to a toystore in Phoenix and guess whose toy was all over the shelves for three rows? Not Sheev, Revan, not Yoda.

Vader.

He is more popular.

ares834
Vader is easily the most iconic, yeah. Yoda is probably second though.

carthage
That's right guys. Only Vader matters in the SW mythos.

carthage
Originally posted by ares834
Yoda is way more popular than Sidious dude. As is Han and Luke.

thumb up

Sidious is the 2nd tier character in the SW Mythos, Harrison Ford and that NBA player they had that played Chewie had more poignant interactions that the few lines Mcdiarmid had in the OT.

Someone needs to make a poll.

ILS
Porkins is easily the most popular Star Wars character

NewGuy01
Nah, Vader got second place both times.

carthage
http://porkins.home.insightbb.com/jekporkinspotjcard.jpg

He had one toy made of him, toys=lotsa money for Disney and George Lucas. Vader has more toys and makes more money for Star wars merch, he is more popular by a significant margin. Even some nobody like Agen Kolar likely makes more money for the Disney coffers

FreshestSlice
That's right guys. Only Vader matters in the SW mythos.
Even Tempest admits this.

carthage
Tempest admits nothing, he openly denigrates all Sith who aren't Sidious and frankly I'm tired of it. If he loves Sidious so much why can't he just accept the fact he got beaten by a burnt up robot man?

ares834
Nah, Vader got second place both times.

And? A poll on SW is rather meaningless. Vader is undoubtedly the most iconic. It's his face, not Yoda's, that you see everywhere.

Now perhaps more people prefer Yoda but when it comes to popularity Vader takes the cake.

Sinious
I went to a toystore in Phoenix and guess whose toy was all over the shelves for three rows?

Aww little one, that's so cute. bunny

carthage
I know I bought a Darth Nihilus and Bobba fett figurines too

love

Sinious
How cool is that! Good for you buddy. yes

deathslash
Post the link because that ugly green Danny Devito lookalike is far from the most popular.

Who do you think is more bootlegged in Asian sweatshops for Walmart shirts Yoda or Vader? I went to a toystore in Phoenix and guess whose toy was all over the shelves for three rows? Not Sheev, Revan, not Yoda.

Vader.

He is more popular. congratulations, vader has more toys than revan. I'm assuming that you realize that revan's toy is sold out and can usually only be bought on the secondary market for about 30 to 60 dollars. Hell, the star wars miniatures game (that I used to play) has about six versions of vader that are about 10 bucks each, but the one and only revan in that game is still being sold for 60 to 80 dollars. Once again; congratulations. Vader has more market saturation but revan is still worth more to people.

DarthAnt66
Vader and Yoda are the most famous Star Wars characters, that fact is undebatable. Following them is the protagonist cast and crew of the Original Trilogy.

Sinious
Vader and Yoda are the most famous Star Wars characters, that fact is undebatable.

thumb up

FreshestSlice
Tempest admits nothing, he openly denigrates all Sith who aren't Sidious and frankly I'm tired of it. If he loves Sidious so much why can't he just accept the fact he got beaten by a burnt up robot man?
Tempest has admitted that Anakin is the most important character in the mythos several times. As well as the most popular Sith.

NewGuy01
Vader and Yoda are the most famous Star Wars characters, that fact is undebatable. Following them is the protagonist cast and crew of the Original Trilogy.

According to the official tournaments, Obi-Wan>OT except Han. Also, you're forgetting Boba Fett and R2.

The_Tempest
ya

Anakin is the most important character. Palps is number two, probably over Luke, in that Palps is the driving force behind the entire story.

DarthAnt66
According to the official tournaments, Obi-Wan>OT except Han. Also, you're forgetting Boba Fett and R2.
R2 and Kenobi are of the cast of the original trilogy. I did forget Boba though, yeah.

In terms of most important, I would put:
1. Anakin Skywalker (Main character of the saga)
2. Darth Sidious (Main antagonist of the saga)
3. Luke Skywalker (Main protagonist of the OT)
4. Obi-Wan Kenobi (Main protagonist of the PT)

FreshestSlice
PT: How Obi-Wan ****ed up.
OT: How Luke fixed it all.

Yeah, sounds about right.

carthage
Originally posted by The_Tempest
ya

Anakin is the most important character. Palps is number two, probably over Luke, in that Palps is the driving force behind the entire story.

Nonsense. Palpatine is not the driving force, its the Rebellion and their interactions to destroy the Empire (the backdrop). Palpatine hardly had any seens in the first two films, he only became more important as the plot progressed. You need to accept the ground realities that Palpatine was a means to an end.

Selenial
No, but I'd say he was more famous than Kit Fisto, Shaak Ti, Agen Kolar or others like that. They weren't even named in the movies and most would never remember them.

FreshestSlice
Isn't being LeGenD kind of Selenial's thing?

SIDIOUS 66
Nonsense. Palpatine is not the driving force, its the Rebellion and their interactions to destroy the Empire (the backdrop). Palpatine hardly had any seens in the first two films, he only became more important as the plot progressed. You need to accept the ground realities that Palpatine was a means to an end.

Actually, Yoda is the driving force.

DarthAnt66
Yoda isn't completely needed for the plot though. Bens ghost can do what Yoda did in ESB.

FreshestSlice
Ben's ghost can't piggyback Luke.

DarthAnt66
Your lack of faith is disturbing.

SIDIOUS 66
Yoda isn't completely needed for the plot though. Bens ghost can do what Yoda did in ESB.

And Yoda can do what Ben did in ANH.

Yoda was the grand master of the jedi order and he led them into a war that all but destroyed them, and enforced the 'no attachment policy' which caused Anakin--the main character--to drift away from the order, leaving Anakin an easy prey for Sidious.

DarthAnt66
Bens role in PT cannot be replaced though. Yodas can.

DarthAnt66
And tbh Yoda couldn't do what Ben did in ANH. He doesn't have the same link to Anakin as Ben does.

SIDIOUS 66
Answer me in the other thread.

carthage
Originally posted by The_Tempest
ya

thumb up

Glad we could see eye to eye.

Now Ant just needs to understand we can both add Revan to that same pantheon maybe in another 20 years or so.

Jmanghan
I think the coolest looking come between King Adas, Revan, and Darth Krayt though, imfo ah.

NewGuy01
Originally posted by Selenial
No, but I'd say he was more famous than Kit Fisto, Shaak Ti, Agen Kolar or others like that. They weren't even named in the movies and most would never remember them.

Kolar, yes, the others, probably not.

Q99
If someone had a big role in TCW, they're probably more famous than Revan, though Revan likely surpasses ones that only got a few appearances.

Text-only Version: Click HERE to see this thread with all of the graphics, features, and links.