ROTS Yoda and Sidious vs. FOTJ Luke and Darth Krayt

Text-only Version: Click HERE to see this thread with all of the graphics, features, and links.

Lord Stark
Which is the superior duo?

carthage
Team 1.

Q99
Team 2. Krayt holds off one while Luke beats the other.

carthage
I know you love Krayt bro, but what makes you think he wouldnt be immediately oneshot by the Emperor or Yoda?

Q99
Because Dooku could hold off Yoda pretty well.

I think you underestimate how much gap is needed to quickly take someone out.

carthage
erm

NTJack0
Luke gets raped immediately, and Krayt is dispatched quickly after.

Awful match.

Emperordmb
How does FOTJ Luke get raped?

Arhael
Originally posted by Q99
Team 2. Krayt holds off one while Luke beats the other.

NewGuy01
Team 1 lol.

Marco1907
Originally posted by Emperordmb
How does FOTJ Luke get raped?

GM Luke is inconsistent tbh, he gets trouble with the likes of Desann and Lumiya.

NewGuy01
He's also overrated as a whole tbh.

Arhael
Originally posted by Marco1907
GM Luke is inconsistent tbh, he gets trouble with the likes of Desann and Lumiya.
Desann ran away after quick exchange. And Lumiya is just that good, lightwhip makes her a difficult opponent for anyone, she badly battered Mara Jade as well. Regardless, consistency means jack-shit, we assume characters to perform at their best.

Q99

He gets held off. He still wins- and he flat out tries harder against more dangerous foes.

There's no question that he's the strongest on the field, and has in fact beaten Palpatine when he was weaker than this. And Reborn Krayt is stronger than Dooku, who held off Yoda. Sooo....

DarthAnt66
Originally posted by NewGuy01
He's also overrated as a whole tbh.
I love how you think you can say that without... you know... actually reading Fate of the Jedi.

NewGuy01
I've read 3 of them, actually, though not in order. Also, that's amongst the silliest things I've ever heard from you. You haven't read half of the material you discuss, baka.

Raptor22
Team 2

DarthAnt66
Originally posted by NewGuy01
I've read 3 of them, actually, though not in order. Also, that's amongst the silliest things I've ever heard from you. You haven't read half of the material you discuss, baka.
Read them all; I read majority of the books since I own pretty much every one.

Raptor22
Originally posted by Arhael
Desann ran away after quick exchange. And Lumiya is just that good, lightwhip makes her a difficult opponent for anyone, she badly battered Mara Jade as well. Regardless, consistency means jack-shit, we assume characters to perform at their best. also desann was a quite a bit before fotj, and In luke and lumiyas final duel he handled her pretty easily.

SIDIOUS 66
Team 1. Krayt is too much of a weak link for team 2, and either Sidious or Yoda could hold off Luke a lot longer than Krayt could hold off any member from team 1.

WollfMyth
Team 1 fairly easily. Yoda and Sidious could stalemate and hold off Luke for quite some time on their own, together they outclass him, aside from maybe TK in which Sidious and Yoda get slight edges. Krayt is a non factor, Yoda's TK or Sidious' Lightning could take him out of the game fairly quickly.

Lord Stark
How much weaker is FOTJ Krayt than Krayt reborn?

Q99
He doesn't have some techniques he later will, but he's got Vong armor for defense and his vong implants haven't impacted his health, meaning they're overall a plus at this point. Both Luke and Caedus felt he was very strong.

Originally posted by WollfMyth
Team 1 fairly easily. Yoda and Sidious could stalemate and hold off Luke for quite some time on their own, together they outclass him, aside from maybe TK in which Sidious and Yoda get slight edges. Krayt is a non factor, Yoda's TK or Sidious' Lightning could take him out of the game fairly quickly.

Except Krayt has excellent force defense and was able to take repeated force attacks from Abeloth, who is > Sidious or Yoda. So, no.

Dooku was able to hold off Yoda. Krayt is tougher than Dooku. Luke, if he lets loose, has a bigger gap above Sidious than Yoda does above Dooku.

Marco1907
Desann ran away after quick exchange. And Lumiya is just that good, lightwhip makes her a difficult opponent for anyone, she badly battered Mara Jade as well. Regardless, consistency means jack-shit, we assume characters to perform at their best.

Still, GM Luke didn't give me the same inspiration that Sidious and Yoda consistently did.

Trocity
They have to make him "inconsistent", he's the main character in most of the novels. If he just outright f**king stomped everyone in 2 seconds, the books would be garbage, so they make him have his whole "fear of falling to the dark side if he cuts loose" thing.

Q99
And against Sidious, he knows not to hold back.

Arhael
Originally posted by Trocity
They have to make him "inconsistent", he's the main character in most of the novels. If he just outright f**king stomped everyone in 2 seconds, the books would be garbage, so they make him have his whole "fear of falling to the dark side if he cuts loose" thing.
No, they just gave him worthy opponents to fight. This "fear of falling to the dark side if he cuts loose" - is just an excuse given by those who refuse to give any credit to characters. Fear of falling to dark side is a generic thing for any Jedi, it does not hamper their performance or make them any less effective. Luke was clearly hampered only in dark nest, where Lomi Plo exploited his fears and doubts. Other examples would involve serious injuries or fatigue.

Still, GM Luke didn't give me the same inspiration that Sidious and Yoda consistently did.
Then perhaps you need to read more books with Luke, he's done hell lot of impressive stuff.

You keep clinging to word "consistency", ok, wanna talk about consistency of Yoda and Sidious?

Yoda in both fights against Dooku failed to demonstrate any superiority in sabers or Force despite the fact that he nearly defeated far more powerful Sidious, that is inconsistency.

Sidious did not blitz Maul and Opress like he did B-team, that is inconsistency.
Sidious even got beaten up by Galen Marek in TFU game, that is inconsistency.

You see where I am going? Inconsistency - is just a biased opinion, it's not real, just a silly excuse to take away credit from other characters.

Like you give credit to Maul for fighting Sidious, I give Lumiya and other characters credit for fighting with Luke.

Emperordmb
I appreciate the point you're trying to make, but...
Sidious did not blitz Maul and Opress like he did B-team, that is inconsistency.
Maul and Savage are superior to the ****ing B-team
Sidious even got beaten up by Galen Marek in TFU game, that is inconsistency.
Sidious was unarmed, Galen admits to Sidious's defeat being a trick, in the Dark Side ending Sidious demonstrates the ability to best him in 15 seconds flat, and in the book no real fight takes place and Marek just suckerforces him while he's distracted.

Arhael
Originally posted by Emperordmb
I appreciate the point you're trying to make, but...

Maul and Savage are superior to the ****ing B-team

Sidious was unarmed, Galen admits to Sidious's defeat being a trick, in the Dark Side ending Sidious demonstrates the ability to best him in 15 seconds flat, and in the book no real fight takes place and Marek just suckerforces him while he's distracted.

Lol. I obviously did not mean all of that. It was just an example to show that inconsistency is just an opinion. I put Opress alone above B-team. In game Sidious feigned weakness like he did against Windu, does not mean he feigned defeat. In DS ending circumstances are completely different, you can't use one to prove another. Regardless, it is off-topic.

Text-only Version: Click HERE to see this thread with all of the graphics, features, and links.