Pound For Pound - Herald Class

Text-only Version: Click HERE to see this thread with all of the graphics, features, and links.

"Id"
Pound for Pound. Who is the #1 in the Herald Class division?

Is it Superman, Thor, Silver Surfer, Flash? etc...

Go!

abhilegend
Superman.

DarkSaint85
Originally posted by "Id"

Go!

Meh, depends. Are you talking about lifting feats relative to their bodyweight?

Flash lifts his eyes of near infinite mass, whereas Superman lifts the book of infinite pages etc...

"Id"
Originally posted by abhilegend
Superman.

Go ahead Abhi. Bless us with your knowledge. Why dues Supes deserve the the unified title?

"Id"
Originally posted by DarkSaint85
Meh, depends. Are you talking about lifting feats relative to their bodyweight?

Flash lifts his eyes of near infinite mass, whereas Superman lifts the book of infinite pages etc...

No NOT in any single task in particular, but over all.

abhilegend
Go ahead Abhi. Bless us with your knowledge. Why dues Supes deserve the the unified title?
Best battle feats from any heralds with rarely any clean losses to a herald tier.

shadowknight
It's Superman

zopzop
As in fights? Probably Superman with Thor being a close second.

As in abilities/powers? Surfer hands down.

Insane Titan
Superman easy

Supermex
Sufer

pym-ftw
Thor and I've never seen an intelligent argument stating otherwise.

Power+Skill+versatility

Mindship
"Pound for pound" is usually a strength/weight comparison. If this is the case, I'm thinking Wonder Woman. She's almost as strong as Superman, yet look at how much smaller, eg, her arms are compared to his. Seems that proportionally, WW has more strength per unit muscle.

In terms of just "sheer overall power" per pound of bodyweight, I'm leaning towards Thor.

Caps Conscience
Surfer

"Id"
Zemo with moon stones, is a strong contender.

pym-ftw
I'd put Zemo into Trans level

Golgo13
Superman.

carver9
Thor (best fts overall) or Surfer (more powerful than any Herald overall) runner up, Superman.

JBL
I look at it this way... There is no way in hell i would put my faith in speed, strength, heat vision or freeze breath to save my planet. That in itself eliminates flash and superman. Thor and surfer has FAR more to bring to the table because if speed, strength, heat vision and freeze breath ( which plenty of characters have ) fail as it has so many times, i would want thor or surfer to bring out the heavy stuff and we all know what they can do.

carver9
Agreed which leads to Surfer being the best choice. He possess every powers the others have plus thousands of more powers ta boot. Surfer is the god of Heralds.

Khazra Reborn
Thor is too heavy to be the best pound for pound, he has comparable strength to Superman but he weights 2.5 times more. I'd say Superman.

carver9
I think this thread is about overall power, not strength.

Khazra Reborn
Well, nevermind then.

carver9
What if something like this was headed to earth, can someone minus Surfer stop this?

http://static.comicvine.com/uploads/original/6/69316/1755075-dptu883oroboroscps025.jpg

http://static.comicvine.com/uploads/original/6/69316/1755077-dptu883oroboroscps029.jpg

http://static.comicvine.com/uploads/original/6/69316/1755078-dptu883oroboroscps031.jpg

carver9
I think I just stretched the page. Sorry folks.

-Pr-
Surfer, Thor and Superman are the top dogs, and it's hard to choose between them imo. They all have strengths and weakness that balance them out against the other two, so not sure. You can make an argument for any of the three beating either of the two others.

Mindship
Originally posted by Khazra Reborn
Thor is too heavy to be the best pound for pound. Riight, I forgot he weighs like 600 pounds. In that case: Surfer, especially if versatility is being considered, not just total brute force, and certainly not just physical strength. The Whole Enchilada.

Well, it is called Herald class for a reason. cool

LordofBrooklyn
Originally posted by -Pr-
Surfer, Thor and Superman are the top dogs, and it's hard to choose between them imo. They all have strengths and weakness that balance them out against the other two, so not sure. You can make an argument for any of the three beating either of the two others.

" NOT SURE", HUH?

FILTHY TRAITOR!!! mad mad mad

SUPERMAN IS THE KING OF THE HERALD TIER!!!

-Pr-
Shut up.

carver9
Lol

LordofBrooklyn
Shut up.

Have another drink in exile, Rumpot!

The Sorrow
Surfer is top dog pound for pound.

LordofBrooklyn
Originally posted by The Sorrow
Surfer is top dog pound for pound.

If Superman weren't present, yes.

Stoic
No NOT in any single task in particular, but over all.

Overall, I would say the Surfer.

Naija boy
Ive always seen pound for pound as an issue of attempting to measure skill when weight clases are equalized and in that case definitely Surfer. He has the widest range of abilities all of which he can utilize at or near the highest level in the herald class under trans.

One-Punch
Surfer.

The Sorrow
Originally posted by LordofBrooklyn
If Superman weren't present, yes.
Pound for pound? Hell no.

h1a8

Go! IMO, surfer is well beyond herald if written to the best of his abilities (which he would be skyfather level or above).

Superman written to the best of his abilities would be at least trans (low skyfather). Flash is above herald level too.

So that leaves Thor as #1 herald.

Stoic
Originally posted by h1a8
IMO, surfer is well beyond herald if written to the best of his abilities (which he would be skyfather level or above).

Superman written to the best of his abilities would be at least trans (low skyfather). Flash is above herald level too.

So that leaves Thor as #1 herald.

This would make sense if the High Herald tier wasn't actually fashioned
after the Surfer. The Surfer is not a Sky father level character due to
his versatility alone. he could be as versatile as he wants to be, but he
does not possess the power to walk among that class.

-Pr-
Have another drink in exile, Rumpot!

lol. "Exile" is it? Funny.

Maybe when you lot start representing Superman with some class, I might grace you with some actual attention that isn't solely pity.

Prof. T.C McAbe
Superman, Thor and SS. Though if it was the who will safe the day in the end, Superman will outshine anyone and go beyond anyones level. But on average they are too close to tell.

Star428
I think it's really close between Surfer and Superman. Hard for me to decide which one is #1.

abhilegend
Originally posted by One-Punch
Surfer. For someone with so many powers surfer gets beat down a lot. You wouldn't see B&T happening to superman for example.

stick out tongue

LordofBrooklyn
lol. "Exile" is it? Funny.

Maybe when you lot start representing Superman with some class, I might grace you with some actual attention that isn't solely pity.

Please.

You failed miserably when you had control.

Superman fans couldn't even post without being attacked and insulted,

Your weakness led to the lowest point in The House of El's history.

The House of El is the King of The Clans as it should be.

-Pr-
Please.

You failed miserably when you had control.

Superman fans couldn't even post without being attacked and insulted,

Your weakness led to the lowest point in The House of El's history.

The House of El is the King of The Clans as it should be.

Fans were attacked, but they fought back. They triumphed. Because they were good debators, using logic and sound reasoning. They didn't have to respond to cheap tactics just to feel superior.

This is the worst it's ever been on this forum, bar maybe the very start, before things changed for the better. This decline... If you are the leader, is on your shoulders, then. I'll remember that.

One-Punch
For someone with so many powers surfer gets beat down a lot. You wouldn't see B&T happening to superman for example.

stick out tongue
Be quiet abhi.

You know Surfer can be monstrous when he's in a fighting mood. The problem is he's never in a fighting mood.

abhilegend
Be quiet abhi.

You know Surfer can be monstrous when he's in a fighting mood. The problem is he's never in a fighting mood.
That is taken into consideration too.

Like getting oneshotted by an alternate Adam Warlock.

stick out tongue

carver9
Forgot the part where Surfer was snuck attacked by that same Warlock.

smile

"Id"
Superman and Surfer tend to hold back in leu of their pacifist nature.

What about Wally, Barry, and Classic Kyle when he had the last power ring?

None of these can make a bid for the the #1 spot.

abhilegend
Originally posted by carver9
Forgot the part where Surfer was snuck attacked by that same Warlock.

smile
So? Its not like that Warlock had any feats.

carver9
His ft IS dropping Surfer (even though it was a sneak attack). That alone tells us he is extremely powerful. Kind of like the Titus showing. That haymaker he gave Supes told us how powerful he was.

abhilegend
His ft IS dropping Surfer (even though it was a sneak attack). That alone tells us he is extremely powerful. Kind of like the Titus showing. That haymaker he gave Supes told us how powerful he was.
That's taking a huge stretch. If Warlock was so powerful he didn't have to sucker attack Surfer and Starlin never writes Warlock as being powerful enough to oneshot top tiers.

But for that you actually need to read the comics.

carver9
That's taking a huge stretch. If Warlock was so powerful he didn't have to sucker attack Surfer and Starlin never writes Warlock as being powerful enough to oneshot top tiers.

But for that you actually need to read the comics.

Well, he did sucker attacked him and even though it is a sucker attack, look who he did it against...it still would take a lot of power. That alone tells us how powerful Warlock is.

Dont care what or how Starlin previously wrote Warlock...what we know now is that he possess a lot of power (even though its a sneak attack). Come on ABHI, we both know using showings like that will not bode well for any of the characters here.

abhilegend
Well, he did sucker attacked him and even though it is a sucker attack, look who he did it against...it still would take a lot of power. That alone tells us how powerful Warlock is.

Dont care what or how Starlin previously wrote Warlock...what we know now is that he possess a lot of power (even though its a sneak attack). Come on ABHI, we both know using showings like that will not bode well for any of the characters here.
So you have no idea about how Starlin writes Warlock? Gotcha.

carver9
LOL... SMH.

LordofBrooklyn
Fans were attacked, but they fought back. They triumphed. Because they were good debators, using logic and sound reasoning. They didn't have to respond to cheap tactics just to feel superior.

This is the worst it's ever been on this forum, bar maybe the very start, before things changed for the better. This decline... If you are the leader, is on your shoulders, then. I'll remember that.

Decline?

THIS IS THE GOLDEN AGE OF THE HOUSE OF EL!

http://statici.behindthevoiceactors.com/behindthevoiceactors/_img/chars/char_33914.jpg

Board Walker
Is everyone on this forum part of a different clan? How do you know who is of what clan?

juggerman
You get a number when you join this forum. That number dictates your clan.

Board Walker
Originally posted by juggerman
You get a number when you join this forum. That number dictates your clan.

Oh where do I view my number as well as the number of other members? Also is there an index that I can look at to know which clan each number corresponds to?

This makes a lot of sense now, it explains why some people fanatically represent certain characters. It is because they are forced to by forum rules

carver9
Originally posted by Board Walker
Oh where do I view my number as well as the number of other members? Also is there an index that I can look at to know which clan each number corresponds to?

This makes a lot of sense now, it explains why some people fanatically represent certain characters. It is because they are forced to by forum rules

They gave it to you when you came in. It's #1.

Board Walker
Wow I'm #1, so which clan does #1 correspond to?

Newjak
Superman, Surfer, Thor. Assign 1, 2, 3 respectively to each and then use a random number generator to pick a a number from the range of 1 - 3.

Whatever number you get will not be wrong to answer this question.

Or to put it shortly pick anyone of those three and you would be correct as each one is about the same to me in overall power.

juggerman
Wow I'm #1, so which clan does #1 correspond to?

The House of El is #1 eek!

Shots fired!

KuRuPT Thanosi
For someone with so many powers surfer gets beat down a lot. You wouldn't see B&T happening to superman for example.

stick out tongue

Abhi stop acting like superman doesn't get KO'd or tossed around like a weak feeb... I've listed numerous times superman has been chumped and it's more than Surfer. If you wanted to play the low showings game... Superman would come out worse.

StyleTime
The "Pound for Pound" stipulation is what makes me question some of you. P4P usually refers to how much you can accomplish relative to how much you have. The people listing Surfer as "omg a billion powers for everything" are essentially stating why Surfer isn't the pound for pound king.

Superman does crazy stuff with less than half the powers of Surfer or Thor. He should rank a little higher than them in a list like this. Wonder Woman is a good suggestion too.

Digi
Does the mystically infinite weight of Mjolnir count towards Thor's pound count for the purposes of the OP? If that's the case, he's need to be abstract level to compete.

But seriously, I think great cases can be made for any of the "Big 3" of the HH tier. They all have unquantifiable feats and top-end wins against other HHs as well as beyond.

krisblaze

I feel like this says it all.

Surfer's struggled a bit the last years due to waning popularity, but I'd still place the lot of on roughly the same level.

Superman often avoids embarassing losses due to DC policy, so he has that going for him. Which should make up for his lack of esoteric powers.

Damborgson
Thor is easily capable of taking that title.

krisblaze
Superman and Surfer tend to hold back in leu of their pacifist nature.

Are you implying that Thor doesn't hold back? stick out tongue

Because it's been stated so many times that he always holds back.

Board Walker
I would say Silver Surfer and Thor have become the epitome of medium herald, while Superman post of DCNU has become the epitome of high end herald.

krisblaze
The epitome of mid herald?

They, along with Superman, define high herald.

Board Walker
Originally posted by krisblaze
The epitome of mid herald?

They, along with Superman, define high herald.

Surfer and Thor use to be among high herald, over the past two years Marvel made it very clear that they are becoming the measuring stick of Mid Herald. Those two characters are used most prominently to demonstrate a high herald and or introduce a high herald by losing to them, or looking weak in front of them by being unable to win. However, they often save others who are lower then them (low heralds).

Superman has lost his magic weakness, gained an extremely high degree of combat skill, speed, and power. Point is Surfer and Thor have been weakened by Marvel, Superman has been buffed.

krisblaze
Superman has his magic weakness, has lost his combat skill and is even weaker to telepathy no expression

Thor was doing great with the exception of 1 bad year where he appeared in a lot of comics written by Bendis.

Surfer's lack of appearances is not the same as being weakened.

Damborgson
That year was 2012 and late 2011. It was so...dark.

LordofBrooklyn
Originally posted by Damborgson
That year was 2012 and late 2011. It was so...dark.

More PAIN!

MORE POWER!!!

Board Walker
Superman has his magic weakness, has lost his combat skill and is even weaker to telepathy no expression

Thor was doing great with the exception of 1 bad year where he appeared in a lot of comics written by Bendis.

Surfer's lack of appearances is not the same as being weakened.

His magic weakness was removed via Zantanna teaching him magic.

Damborgson
More PAIN!

MORE POWER!!!

You forget yourself LoB. I'm no longer in that shadow!

http://fc00.deviantart.net/fs70/f/2010/290/9/d/thor_illustration_color_by_mrno74-d30y0hn.jpg

Now back from whence you came vermin!

carver9

Scans

krisblaze
Not in DCNU...

Tar-Antado
I feel like this says it all.

Surfer's struggled a bit the last years due to waning popularity, but I'd still place the lot of on roughly the same level.

Superman often avoids embarassing losses due to DC policy, so he has that going for him. Which should make up for his lack of esoteric powers.

Popularity doesn't have anything to do with it. The Surfer may not be as popular but he's gotten more powerful than anything, really. Supes may be the most formidable but Surfer is the most powerful.

krisblaze
Originally posted by Tar-Antado
Popularity doesn't have anything to do with it. The Surfer may not be as popular but he's gotten more powerful than anything, really. Supes may be the most formidable but Surfer is the most powerful.
Surfer hasn't gotten more powerful.

He had a brief moment in 2004-5, which is almost 10 years ago.

carver9
Which showings goes against Surfer 'not' being more powerful. His power level has been consistent and the guy rarely if ever loses.

One-Punch
Surfer hasn't gotten more powerful.

He had a brief moment in 2004-5, which is almost 10 years ago.
Surfer's had plenty of moments. Like his tooling of Nova Prime (full power), beat down on Bill, his stomping of Super Oldpower Skaar, his contending with Hulk and Warbound, and recently powering up and holding together the massive Impericon - stated to be 5x bigger than any planets combined, and previously powered by an Abstract being's heart.

LordofBrooklyn
Originally posted by Damborgson
You forget yourself LoB. I'm no longer in that shadow!

http://fc00.deviantart.net/fs70/f/2010/290/9/d/thor_illustration_color_by_mrno74-d30y0hn.jpg

Now back from whence you came vermin!

STOP LYING TO YOURSELF!!!!

THIS is who you are now!

http://www.turboimagehost.com/p/20319454/Thor_2014-_001-019.jpg.html

BEATEN, BLOODIED, BROKEN!!!

Rageofolympus has suffered a NERVOUS BREAKDOWN over this affair!

"Id"
Surfer's had plenty of moments. Like his tooling of Nova Prime (full power), beat down on Bill, his stomping of Super Oldpower Skaar, his contending with Hulk and Warbound, and recently powering up and holding together the massive Impericon - stated to be 5x bigger than any planets combined, and previously powered by an Abstract being's heart. scans for that last feat

Zack Fair
Superman

One-Punch
scans for that last feat

This is the Impericon. Those little circles around the towers are moons...

http://s24.postimg.org/oxa0a47pd/Silver_Surfer1_016_017.jpg

"The Impericon is bigger than any five planets put together."

http://s18.postimg.org/o6izhor6t/Silver_Surfer2_022.jpg

Hotel suites on the Impericon have their own orbiting moons. The Impericon houses trillions of tourists.

http://s18.postimg.org/tn1nc2kkl/Silver_Surfer1_018_019.jpg

The Impericon's power source is the Never Queen's heart.

http://s13.postimg.org/dz8hkb877/Silver_Surfer_2014_003_007.jpg

One-Punch
Continued...

The Never Queen is the abstract embodiment of possibility. She's also Eternity's girlfriend.

http://s29.postimg.org/4o1q1bztf/Silver_Surfer2_016.jpghttp://s30.postimg.org/glfuz83r1/Silver_Surfer_2014_003_002.jpg

The Impericon will crumble without the Heart. Surfer removes the heart, and uses his Power Cosmic to power the entire Impericon long enough so that he could use his TP to warn the trillions of people to escape to safety

http://s2.postimg.org/9ynovh82d/Silver_Surfer_2014_003_007.jpghttp://s30.postimg.org/gqp4pdybh/Silver_Surfer_2014_003_008.jpghttp://s12.postimg.org/5ejm2czll/Silver_Surfer_2014_003_010.jpghttp://s12.postimg.org/t2z3xmw55/Silver_Surfer_2014_003_011.jpghttp://s12.postimg.org/vo4ol5lix/Silver_Surfer_2014_003_012.jpghttp://s12.postimg.org/abx6nh1kp/Silver_Surfer_2014_003_013.jpg

krisblaze
Surfer's had plenty of moments. Like his tooling of Nova Prime (full power), beat down on Bill, his stomping of Super Oldpower Skaar, his contending with Hulk and Warbound, and recently powering up and holding together the massive Impericon - stated to be 5x bigger than any planets combined, and previously powered by an Abstract being's heart.

As far as I know all of these feats took place between 2003 and 2005, which was a good period for him.

I wasn't making a case for him being weak, I was making a case for him having a good period and then no appearances in the wake of that smile

iceman24567
Superman

One-Punch
As far as I know all of these feats took place between 2003 and 2005, which was a good period for him.

I wasn't making a case for him being weak, I was making a case for him having a good period and then no appearances in the wake of that smile

Actually all those feats took place after 2005.

Surfer tooling Nova Prime happened in 2008, Surfer beating Bill down happened in 2009, Surfer stomping Super Skaar in 2009, Surfer fighting Hulk and Warbound in 2006, and Surfer powering the Impericon happened in 2014.

But for a character that only appears like 11 or 12 times a year on average, Surfer has some good feats. Superman and Thor have more appearances than that in a week.

Sin I AM
Ive never understood surfers lack of popularity. He's one of my fav characters

Tar-Antado
Originally posted by Sin I AM
Ive never understood surfers lack of popularity. He's one of my fav characters

IMO his pacifistic, philosopher persona turns a lot of fans off.

Sin I AM
That pacifist nature is what makes him unique

-Pr-
Surfer's way of looking at things does make him a more interesting character, I agree. By that same token though, it makes him the prime example of why we separate personality and powerset.

Sin I AM
Surfer's way of looking at things does make him a more interesting character, I agree. By that same token though, it makes him the prime example of why we separate personality and powerset.

Agreed. However when push comes to shove he is above his peers by a noticeable margin

Reflassshh
In a P4P ranking, Superman all day.

-Pr-
Agreed. However when push comes to shove he is above his peers by a noticeable margin

Above most heralds? Sure. I wouldn't put him that far above a similarly-minded Thor or Superman though. Assuming he was above them at all.

krisblaze
Actually all those feats took place after 2005.

Surfer tooling Nova Prime happened in 2008, Surfer beating Bill down happened in 2009, Surfer stomping Super Skaar in 2009, Surfer fighting Hulk and Warbound in 2006, and Surfer powering the Impericon happened in 2014.

But for a character that only appears like 11 or 12 times a year on average, Surfer has some good feats. Superman and Thor have more appearances than that in a week.

You're right.

I don't see why I thought all of those things occured during the annihilation era laughing

Tar-Antado

Good examples. Another underrated Surfer showing is defeating a slew of Alephs back in 2013. This guy has been a monster most of the time when he appears.

Sin I AM
Above most heralds? Sure. I wouldn't put him that far above a similarly-minded Thor or Superman though. Assuming he was above them at all.

There's alot more heralds in the tier than those two

-Pr-
There's alot more heralds in the tier than those two

Of course, that was why I said "most". stick out tongue

Sin I AM
Meh. Honestly i think the trio could sweep the tier if they chose to with the exception of a few

carver9
Disagree. DCU Captain Marvel, Black Adam, and Genis makes your statement debatable. You can also add Orion, Wraith, and DCNU Captain Atom to that list as well. The list can get big choosing 3 Heralds that could take them out. Surfer by far is the trump card.

-Pr-
Meh. Honestly i think the trio could sweep the tier if they chose to with the exception of a few

For the most part, I agree with you.

Sin I AM
Disagree. DCU Captain Marvel, Black Adam, and Genis makes your statement debatable. You can also add Orion, Wraith, and DCNU Captain Atom to that list as well. The list can get big choosing 3 Heralds that could take them out. Surfer by far is the trump card.

Genis isn't herald level imo. Dcu adam n marvel aren't impressive and cap atom never seemed durable enough to me to hang with these three.

carver9
Genis isn't herald level imo. Dcu adam n marvel aren't impressive and cap atom never seemed durable enough to me to hang with these three.

That's your opinion. He is in the Herald tier though.

WTF. You don't think Black Adam and Captain Marvel is impressive? Are you ignoring their showings?

krisblaze
^DCNU BA and CA haven't done anything, you phucking troll.

Sin I AM
That's your opinion. He is in the Herald tier though.

WTF. You don't think Black Adam and Captain Marvel is impressive? Are you ignoring their showings?

Enlighten me

carver9

READ!!! Who said anything about DCNU, Hulk hater? That's all it takes is for you to open them eyes and read a simple sentence.

Sin I AM
READ!!! Who said anything about DCNU, Hulk hater? That's all it takes is for you to open them eyes and read a simple sentence.

Carv u said dcnu...

carver9
Carv u said dcnu...

I said DCNU Captain Atom.

Sin I AM
Disagree. DCU Captain Marvel, Black Adam, and Genis makes your statement debatable.

Smh

carver9
Smh

no expression

Are you blind. Read the post. It say DCU. DC Universe, not DCNU. OMG.

carver9
Enlighten me

Are you familiar with Captain Marvel and Black Adam fights?

Sin I AM
no expression

Are you blind. Read the post. It say DCU. DC Universe, not DCNU. OMG.

Normally when people want to use the pre-dcnu version they state pre-dcnu. I just assumed you forgot the "n". Black Adam Orion and Marvel are ok but they just aren't on those three levels when chit hits the fan.

Sin I AM
Wraith isn't a herald

carver9
Wraith isn't a herald

Why?

Sin I AM
Why?

Read superman unchained

carver9
Read superman unchained

I have every Superman unchained comic. Every last one of them. Explain to me why.

Sin I AM
I have every Superman unchained comic. Every last one of them. Explain to me why.

If you've read them you know y. He's superior to Clark in EVERY category

carver9
If you've read them you know y. He's superior to Clark in EVERY category

Can't see him pulling a single win against Thanos, H'el, Monarch, Prime, Void, etc...these are true Trans tier characters. Superman is currently one of the most powerful being on the planet with Wraith being a notch above him but he still is High Herald. Superman showed he can hang with Wraith when his versatility is off.

Sin I AM
Can't see him pulling a single win against Thanos, H'el, Monarch, Prime, Void, etc...these are true Trans tier characters. Superman is currently one of the most powerful being on the planet with Wraith being a notch above him but he still is High Herald. Superman showed he can hang with Wraith when his versatility is off.

Superman needed plot to win. He was manhandled. Wraith is not herald level

carver9
Superman needed plot to win. He was manhandled. Wraith is not herald level

Agree to disagree. Don't have a problem with you thinking that he is in that tier.

Sin I AM
Agree to disagree. Don't have a problem with you thinking that he is in that tier.

Y is he in the Herald tier.

-Pr-
Generally, if you have to nerf someone to give their opponent a chance, they aren't in the same tier.

carver9
Y is he in the Herald tier.

Already explained but an argument can be made either way. Don't have a problem with him being trans tier but I can't think of a single person in that tier he could pull a win against outside of bfr. Example...Abomination (with an amp...the latest version) worked Hulk along with other powerful members of the Avengers and he did it with ease. Still wouldn't consider him trans tier. Superman and Hulk are the physically strongest being on their planet but I don't think beating either puts you in a different tier tbh. Above them, sure, different tier, naah. Wraith is a monster though.

Sin I AM
Generally, if you have to nerf someone to give their opponent a chance, they aren't in the same tier.

This. Plus i believe carver doesn't want to admit Wraith is over WWH. Which he is.

carver9
This. Plus i believe carver doesn't want to admit Wraith is over WWH. Which he is.

Nothing to do with WWH and WWH casually dismissed Thor, Ironman, the Fantastic Four, along with numerous of others, with a casual footstep and told them they are not a challenge. This doesn't include his other trans tier showings. I'm satisfied with his placement. We are talking about Wraith here.

Sin I AM
Already explained but an argument can be made either way. Don't have a problem with him being trans tier but I can't think of a single person in that tier he could pull a win against outside of bfr. Example...Abomination (with an amp...the latest version) worked Hulk along with other powerful members of the Avengers and he did it with ease. Still wouldn't consider him trans tier. Superman and Hulk are the physically strongest being on their planet but I don't think beating either puts you in a different tier tbh. Above them, sure, different tier, naah. Wraith is a monster though.

You're grasping.

carver9
You're grasping.

Wraith is trans tier. Do you feel better now?

Sin I AM
Wraith is trans tier. Do you feel better now?

No i feel you dont understand context. You're a good poster though.

carver9
No i feel you dont understand context. You're a good poster though.

Lol...I do understand context. I told you a while back, I don't have a problem with him being trans tier. Why can't you accept that?

Sin I AM
Lol...I do understand context. I told you a while back, I don't have a problem with him being trans tier. Why can't you accept that?

Because a lot u say is just false.

carver9
Because a lot u say is just false.

Example.

juggerman
Example.

From the closed Doomsday vs Hulk thread.

LIES! laughing out loud

carver9
Lol.

psycho gundam
You're a good poster though. Please explain how you could even type this

celeyhyga17
laughing out loud

Sin I AM
Originally posted by psycho gundam
Please explain how you could even type this

I think he tries, he's just delusional. Im trying to reach him

carver9
I think he tries, he's just delusional. Im trying to reach him

People posts to ignore when it comes to Carver9...

Psycho, Insane Titan, ABHI. I have these 3 (the only 3) on ignore for a reason (i keep removing ABHI off ignore...I need to stop). As to your comment, what Examples am I wrong?

MF DELPH
I think Superman is the top herald pound for pound because despite not being as versatile as his peers (Surfer, Thor, Genis, Alan Scott, etc) he can still get most jobs, if not all jobs, done, through creative uses of the limited abilities he has. He does the most with the least. Surfer isn't tops pound for pound because he has almost the most, if not the most, tools at his disposal in the tier. He wouldn't have to vibrate at a certain harmonic and/or rub his hands together at multiples of C to get certain effects. He could just wave his hand or channel the power of cosmic effortlessly for the same effect. Same goes for Thor/Mjolnir or the Rings/Bands bearers. Superman, given what he has, punches the furthest out of his comparative weight class in spite of his seeming powerset limitations. That doesn't make him the top herald, but it makes him the most effective given the smaller tool box he has. He's like an Allen wrench that can somehow program a computer and perform laser surgery.

psycho gundam
Surfer would still hang him out to dry

MF DELPH
Being top p4p doesn't mean you can beat everyone else on the list. If Supes is Mayweather, Surfer's Andre Ward and Thor's Wladimir Klitschko (metaphorically).

carver9
Originally posted by MF DELPH
I think Superman is the top herald pound for pound because despite not being as versatile as his peers (Surfer, Thor, Genis, Alan Scott, etc) he can still get most jobs, if not all jobs, done, through creative uses of the limited abilities he has. He does the most with the least. Surfer isn't tops pound for pound because he has almost the most, if not the most, tools at his disposal in the tier. He wouldn't have to vibrate at a certain harmonic and/or rub his hands together at multiples of C to get certain effects. He could just wave his hand or channel the power of cosmic effortlessly for the same effect. Same goes for Thor/Mjolnir or the Rings/Bands bearers. Superman, given what he has, punches the furthest out of his comparative weight class in spite of his seeming powerset limitations. That doesn't make him the top herald, but it makes him the most effective given the smaller tool box he has. He's like an Allen wrench that can somehow program a computer and perform laser surgery.

Good post

Sin I AM
Can alan even be considered herald level?

carver9
Yes

-Pr-
Eh, you could easily say he's low trans imo.

Sin I AM
Eh, you could easily say he's low trans imo. especially with full access to the starheart but hey we read comics

Board Walker
Alan is the epitome of medium trans

carver9
especially with full access to the starheart but hey we read comics

Where in your post didn't you say anything about Star heart Alan? You said ALAN.

<< THERE IS MORE FROM THIS THREAD HERE >>