Plo Koon vs. Corran Horn

Text-only Version: Click HERE to see this thread with all of the graphics, features, and links.

carthage
Force, sabaz, all0ut

Q99
Hm, good matchup... one of Plo's normal advantages, 'electric judgement,' is a liability. They're both top council members of their own times and rightly so.

NewGuy01
If that were an ability he had ever applied in combat, it may have proved to be a disadvantage.

ILS
Isn't Horn, like, completely vulnerable to TK due to an inherent lack of ability to use it?

Trocity
Plo Koon.

Aurbere
Plo Koon wins.

ILS
Originally posted by NewGuy01
If that were an ability he had ever applied in combat, it may have proved to be a disadvantage. Koon did say in a report that he was going to work on making Electric Judgement a combat-ready ability, and sources always tend to make mention of him being able to use it. I don't think it'd be out of the question for him to use it from time to time.

Marco1907
http://i1273.photobucket.com/albums/y418/karasakal_teach/plokoonforcelightning_zps38512ef1.png

ILS
Yeah, that one. What I also thought was interesting is that Koon says he chose not to deal a killing blow with the Lightning - implying that it was potent enough to kill someone in a couple of short bursts.

Aurbere
Originally posted by ILS
Koon did say in a report that he was going to work on making Electric Judgement a combat-ready ability, and sources always tend to make mention of him being able to use it. I don't think it'd be out of the question for him to use it from time to time.

I've always thought that Plo Koon would use it if nothing else worked.

Fortunately that shouldn't happen here.

Vorpal Ruin
Originally posted by ILS
Isn't Horn, like, completely vulnerable to TK due to an inherent lack of ability to use it?

Yea, he pretty much has to tank TK, but afterwards he can redirect the energy of it.

I know too little of Koon. I think I've only read....Cestus Deception(maybe wrong title) with Koon in it.

With that said, I have to side with Corran.

His Halcyon bloodline ability to transfer energy, his dual-phase lightsaber, and his powerful force illusions would be enough to get the win.

Good fight, Corran 7/10.

ILS
Originally posted by Vorpal Ruin
Yea, he pretty much has to tank TK, but afterwards he can redirect the energy of it.

I know too little of Koon. I think I've only read....Cestus Deception(maybe wrong title) with Koon in it.

With that said, I have to side with Corran.

His Halcyon bloodline ability to transfer energy, his dual-phase lightsaber, and his powerful force illusions would be enough to get the win.

Good fight, Corran 7/10. Ah okay. Well, Koon is a pretty powerful Force User overall but I'm not sure if he could end the fight that way. Say Koon threw him with a Force push, how would he respond? Send the same energy back?

I think you mean Kit Fisto, don't remember Koon being in that novel. They fight together a lot though.

I think Koon would be able to deal with the dual phase saber. Due to his telepathic abilities he should be able to essentially read the involuntary stray thoughts of an opponent, which lets him know what their next move will be at all times. So he'll see the dual phase switch coming and account for it.

http://static.comicvine.com/uploads/scale_super/11111/111114474/4205652-combat+telepathy.jpg http://static.comicvine.com/uploads/scale_super/11111/111114474/4205651-combat+telepathy2.jpg - Jedi vs Sith: The Essential Guide to the Force

How powerful are his illusions, and does he use them in battle? Koon is a pretty impressive telepath, IIRC he's mind tricked dozens of people at a time and can restore the memories of others.

I'm not sure on how their lightsaber skill stacks up.

Q99
Originally posted by ILS

No, he has resisted it some, but not having his own is still an obvious disadvantage.

ILS
Ah, fair enough.

NewGuy01
Originally posted by ILS

Supposedly he can absorb some of the energy of TK used against him to fuel a shield, but for something like that to work he'd have to know it was coming/prepare himself beforehand. Usually you don't have that kind of time to focus mid-duel.

ILS
Ah. Well Koon should be more than capable of rattling his brains then smile

carthage
I'm gonna side with my homeboy Plo, due to the TK and skillfactors which make him superior

Text-only Version: Click HERE to see this thread with all of the graphics, features, and links.