Darth Plagueis & Exar Kun vs Darth Caedus & Darth Bane

Text-only Version: Click HERE to see this thread with all of the graphics, features, and links.

Sinious
All characters in their strongest incarnations.

All out; which team is the superior one?

Fated Xtasy
Interesting, I'm leaning with team 2, It's one hell of a match though.

Marco1907
Team 1. Plagueis is the MVP.

Sinious
Lets make this more interesting:

2 rounds;

Round 1: No prep, the opponents don't know anything about each other. 5 meters distance between teams.

Round 2: Eeach sith knows their partners' characteristics and can put up a good team work, both team has 5 minutes prep, 15 meters distance.

carthage
Team 1 for both rounds

Bane is the weak link. Kun is faster, vastly more skilled, and more powerful with/without prep than Bane. He can defeat Bane in a straightup duel, destroy him with drain or blasts, and remove him out of the fight. Plagueis and Caedus is the tossup

Team 1 still wins round 2 Caedus is more skilled than Plagueis, but it'd be a brutal duel between them. Likewise, Bane is no match for Kun in dueling (Vodo is considered one of the most skilled duelists produced by the Jedi)- also Ulic was more skilled than Bane and Kun fought evenly with him pre-prime. Bane has never beaten any high tier duelist without orbalisks/a nexus, and his Tk is too weak to harm either Hego or Kun. Caedus is carrying dead weight with a weakling like Bane

Emperordmb
Team two in both rounds.

carthage
I agree they die in both rounds. Bane is an inferior force user, an inferior duelist, and nowhere near as good as either Plagueis or Kun. If it was Caedus/Maul or Dooku team 2 might have a chance, but Bane cant run with either Plagueis or Kun

Sinious
Originally posted by carthage
I agree they die in both rounds. Bane is an inferior force user, an inferior duelist, and nowhere near as good as either Plagueis or Kun

Bane>Kun bro. I think they're close but he still takes that.

I think the gap between Bane and Kun is bigger than Plagueis and Caedus so I'm leaning team 2 as well. Caedus' survival skills will keep him alive for a very long time here and I doubt that Kun can last long enough.

Round 2 could go differently though.

carthage
Bane would beat Kun if you cut off his arms and legs, gave him a shield and patience, and changed his gender and name to Darth Zannah.

carthage
Originally posted by Sinious
Bane>Kun bro. I think they're close but he still takes that.

I think the gap between Bane and Kun is bigger than Plagueis and Caedus so I'm leaning team 2 as well. Caedus' survival skills will keep him alive for a very long time here and I doubt that Kun can last long enough.

Round 2 could go differently though.

You also admitted to not reading the Bane trilogy, at least a while back . So you have no real idea what you're talking about. But i can see you can parrot things from Neph and DMB well enough, Bane cant even beat Savage Opress letalone Plagueis or Kun

Sinious
You also admitted to not reading the Bane trilogy, at least a while back . So you have no real idea what you're talking about. But i can see you can parrot things from Neph and DMB well enough, Bane cant even beat Savage Opress letalone Plagueis or Kun

Yep I haven't read them. Talking to DMB on daily basis enlightened me on the matter even though I disagree with him on many things about Bane.

Nalaniel
Originally posted by Emperordmb
Team two in both rounds.

In a close fight, though.

Sinious
Examine the second round a bit. Bane has vast knowledge of the force true but he isnt THAT capable with sorcery where Plagueis and Kun can achieve wonders with prep and prior knowledge about each other's capabilities.

Caedus is a more direct combatant and I think Bane and Caedus are in a disadvantageous position in round 2. Team 1 has a better chance there. 15 meters distance is also in team 1's favor.

Nalaniel
They can achieve wonders in 5 minutes? I doubt it. But I agree with the distance part.

carthage

Sinious
Originally posted by Nalaniel
They can achieve wonders in 5 minutes? I doubt it.

They can't summon one-shoting powers but with prior knowledge of each other, 5 minutes is not such a short time to prep for Kun and Plagueis.

Emperordmb

carthage
Who cares about prep and force abilities. Plagueis and Kun both outs Bane to varying degrees. Bane has never beaten or fought anyone even of note, aside from Sirak and his apprentice (who has only beaten a featless half trained Seth. Harth). Bane isnt comparable to either as a duelist, and his force feats are inferior to Kuns and Plagueis's as well

carthage
I'm still a far more reliable source on Bane than you are.

I criticized Sinious for not reading the books and trying to make a judgement based on not consulting the text. I never once claimed to be an "expert" on Bane, but for every time I discuss him in threads (like when I beat you in debates) I can cite the source material.

Trocity
Maybe team 1

Sinious
I criticized Sinious for not reading the books

I've been warned.

carthage
K

NewGuy01
With prep Plagueis just insta-kills them while using Exar as a meat shield.

Sinious
Originally posted by NewGuy01

How devastating do you think Plagueis could get force wise with prep?

NewGuy01
Devastating enough that Sidious didn't want to find out.

Anyway, his ability to shut down someone's midi-chlorians has been classified as something inapplicable in combat scenarios, but I'm not so sure that's the case if he has time to prepare.

Sinious
Anyway, his ability to shut down someone's midi-chlorians has been classified as something inapplicable in combat scenarios, but I'm not so sure that's the case if he has time to prepare.

I assume he would need more time of prep than a couple minutes for that.

carthage

Plagueis isnt killing Caedus instantly, Bane yeah because Bane is a fodder But Caedus should be just as powerful

NewGuy01
I assume he would need more time of prep than a couple minutes for that.

He has a nicely crafted Kun shield to hide behind while he finishes though. XD

carthage
You're out of control

carthage
Devastating enough that Sidious didn't want to find out.

He's never applied his midichlorian manipulation in combat. thumb up You're posting like Neph plz stahp

NewGuy01
You're out of control

Is that bad?

Plz stahp

Alright.

carthage
You please me

Sinious
He has a nicely crafted Kun shield to hide behind while he finishes though. XD

Kun shield against Bane and Caedus would only grant a couple of extra seconds for Plagueis. I doubt it would make a difference. big grin

Atm, I think both rounds are close but team 2 gets round 1 and team 1 gets round 2.

carthage
He wouldn't be a shield against Bane, Plagueis can oneshot Bane with TK or blitz him eliminating him altogether in both rounds.

Likewise, Kun is a better duelist and force user than Bane who is lagging behind Caedus in every aspect and weighing him down.

Caedus considered Kyle Katarn and Saba Sebatyne both threats respectively, and Kun in terms of feats surpasses them both. Even if the roles were reversed Kun would at least last a few seconds before dying to Caedus for Plagueis to oneshot Bane and assist Kun in combat.

Nalaniel
They can't summon one-shoting powers but with prior knowledge of each other, 5 minutes is not such a short time to prep for Kun and Plagueis.

Hm. I don't know...

Sinious
He wouldn't be a shield against Bane, Plagueis can oneshot Bane with TK or blitz him eliminating him altogether in both rounds.

Likewise, Kun is a better duelist and force user than Bane who is lagging behind Caedus in every aspect and weighing him down.

Caedus considered Kyle Katarn and Saba Sebatyne both threats respectively, and Kun in terms of feats surpasses them both. Even if the roles were reversed Kun would at least last a few seconds before dying to Caedus for Plagueis to oneshot Bane and assist Kun in combat.

I like you, but please stop posting about Bane. At least in this topic, pretend that Bane is Count Dooku the 5th strongest sith of EU. laughing out loud

carthage
I like you, but please stop posting about Bane. At least in this topic, pretend that Bane is Count Dooku the 5th strongest sith of EU. laughing out loud

I'll stop posting about Bane the day people stop making unfounded claims about him. Also you've admitted ignorance and keep trying to talk about him as a character, and I seriously doubt you've even read Tales of the Jedi or the Plagueis novel.

So you might want to take your own advice about stopping.

Emperordmb
You calling Bane weak and fodder is far more unfounded than any of the claims others make about him.

carthage
You calling Bane weak and fodder is far more unfounded than any of the claims others make about him.

I said he was fodder to Plagueis which he plain and simply is.

NewGuy01

I dare say that's untrue. Perhaps locally.

Emperordmb
I dare say that's untrue. Perhaps locally.
Well I'm talking about KMC in the present. Not ****ing youtube where someone considered Revan vs the Son a good fight.

DarthAnt66
Revan vs the Son a good fight.
thumb up

carthage
Board walker would beg to differ about

Revan vs. The Son

DarthAnt66
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=3YOXeoOdzI4&feature=youtu.be&t=11s

Revanchiste
Exaar Kun + Mega expotential power + Plagueis maximum potential...............................................................
Does they have even a chance on the other side?

Revanchiste
Board walker would beg to differ about

Revan vs. The Son

Could you link to the thread....?

carthage
Board Walker is not a mere 'thread', child. Board Walker transcends the fabric of space and time.

Text-only Version: Click HERE to see this thread with all of the graphics, features, and links.