Big Shoes to Fill

Text-only Version: Click HERE to see this thread with all of the graphics, features, and links.

Tzeentch
With Naruto on its way out the door, which shounen is taking its place as part of the HST? Fairy Tail?

NemeBro
Berserk.

Tzeentch
Berserk is a josei manga though.

NemeBro
Sakura Trick then.

marwash22
Highschool dxd, obviously.

dadudemon
Well, I came to this thread for serious suggestions and I only see f*ck yous being posted.

Why am I calling them that? Because when I read your suggestions, I think, "F*ck you."

NemeBro
You're welcome.

Esomark
Originally posted by Tzeentch
With Naruto on its way out the door, which shounen is taking its place as part of the HST? Fairy Tail?

Give Nanatsu no Taizai a read. It's much better than Fairy Tail and even the remaining HST mangas, IMO. It's very underrated and deserves more talk than it gets. Hell, I like NnT even more than Dragon Ball and YuYu Hakusho.

Originally posted by NemeBro
Berserk.

Seinen.

dadudemon
Originally posted by Esomark
Give Nanatsu no Taizai a read. It's much better than Fairy Tail and even the remaining HST mangas, IMO. It's very underrated and deserves more talk than it gets. Hell, I like NnT even more than Dragon Ball and YuYu Hakusho.

WTF? That sounds amazing!

But you also told me you love the shit out of the Magi manga which I found boring.

NemeBro
Seinen. Nope.

JayDaDon
Im blown away by how little attention Hajime no ippo gets. It became the number one shounen in my books behind DBZ. It should be taking the anime world by storm. We'll see how the next season goes though cant wait

TheTyrant
Hopefully something like Magi. It'll most likely be Gintama or Toriko since I hear they're pretty big in Japan.

Wei Phoenix
I wish the creator of HunterxHunter was well enough to continue the story. I think it would be a strong contender.

NemeBro
Originally posted by JayDaDon
Im blown away by how little attention Hajime no ippo gets. It became the number one shounen in my books behind DBZ. It should be taking the anime world by storm. We'll see how the next season goes though cant wait The thing about Hajime no Ippo is that not enough people are willing to read that shit for it to be the next Naruto.

I'm still only a fourth of the way through.

Nephthys
Toriko.

I'm surprised you don't read it, Neme. It's 90% absurdly buff guys and homo-eroticism.

NemeBro
I don't read that much long-running shonen manga these days to be honest. These days I usually read short series (like the work of Junji Ito) or just watch anime.

Wei Phoenix
Originally posted by Nephthys
Toriko.

I'm surprised you don't read it, Neme. It's 90% absurdly buff guys and homo-eroticism.

You're actually right imo. I forgot all about Toriko. It does make the most sense given the fact that they went so far as to do a crossover with One Piece and Dragonball as well.

Bro SMASH
Yeah, I was also thinking Toriko. It's also Shonen Jump at that.

TheTyrant
Originally posted by Wei Phoenix
I wish the creator of HunterxHunter was well enough to continue the story. I think it would be a strong contender. That's likely just an excuse so he can continue playing his JRPGs.

http://i.imgur.com/4dbPqX1.jpg

Such a shame too.

Wei Phoenix
But his HxH be on point though. It was easily my favorite anime of the year. Though I'm extremely late to an anime that should be right up my alley, I'm very much in love with JoJo's Bizarre Adventure.

TheTyrant
Originally posted by Wei Phoenix
But his HxH be on point though. It was easily my favorite anime of the year. Though I'm extremely late to an anime that should be right up my alley, I'm very much in love with JoJo's Bizarre Adventure. HxH is the best shonen I've read. The manga is notorious for having doodle-like art at times but when he steps it up it's almost like Berserk or Vagabond level art. The new anime is the same as the manga but it has consistent decent art. Also, half of Naruto's part 1 stuff is "borrowed" from HxH.

JayDaDon
I may have to stick with it if HxH is that good. Started the first episode on Netflix the other night and it wasnt grabbing me.

Wei Phoenix
Originally posted by JayDaDon
I may have to stick with it if HxH is that good. Started the first episode on Netflix the other night and it wasnt grabbing me.

Trust me, you're going to want to stick with it. It gets real and sick as it progresses. It's all about pacing, my man.

Nephthys
BTW, am I the only one who sees this title and can't help but think of the first Sideshow Bob episode?

"Big shoes to fill.....

Big shoes to fill.....

Big shoes to fill..........."

NemeBro
I don't watch the Simpsons.

Nephthys
Welp, that was a beautiful friendship while it lasted.

JayDaDon
Tonight is the Simpsons/Futurama crossover tho. I'm so phucking there!

vansonbee

TheTyrant

Q99
Originally posted by Tzeentch

It may take some time before any really reach the level of popularity, but Fairy Tail is the closest, yea.

The next really big one may be something new.

Hm, I wonder about UQ Holder too. That may be a possibility.

Bentley
I don't watch the Simpsons.

What's a Sympson? How would you know what Something Bub is without watching whatever a Sympson is?

AsbestosFlaygon
Has to be Gintama most likely.

Esomark
Originally posted by dadudemon
WTF? That sounds amazing!

But you also told me you love the shit out of the Magi manga which I found boring.

I didn't say I loved it. I just enjoyed it more than D.Gray-Man. At least I gave a serious answer since Nanatsu no Taizai is an actual shounen instead of giving a troll answer like "HURR DURR Berserk LOL!".

Originally posted by Q99
The next really big one may be something new.

Hm, I wonder about UQ Holder too. That may be a possibility.

Well, Nanatsu no Taizai has been getting a lot of love in Japan. Some of the volumes have even been outselling One Piece lately and it has a really spot on anime adaptation. It's also still relatively new and established itself.

Nope.

Than what is it? Shoujo?

dadudemon
I didn't say I loved it. I just enjoyed it more than D.Gray-Man. At least I gave a serious answer since Nanatsu no Taizai is an actual shounen instead of giving a troll answer like "HURR DURR Berserk LOL!".

I'm on chatper 4, right now. It is alright. It is not amazing. But it isn't even remotely bad, though. big grin

Yamcha
This picture seems appropriate for this thread
http://i57.tinypic.com/2ai0umd.jpg

Q99

Well, Nanatsu no Taizai has been getting a lot of love in Japan. Some of the volumes have even been outselling One Piece lately and it has a really spot on anime adaptation. It's also still relatively new and established itself.

Wow, if true, that's a very good sign! Yea, sounds like it may be a top contender.

AsbestosFlaygon
Originally posted by Yamcha
This picture seems appropriate for this thread
http://i57.tinypic.com/2ai0umd.jpg
HxH has so much potential.
But the hiatuses ruins it's HST contention.

Right now, Gintama seems to be the most likely candidate for HST, with Toriko and Fairy Tale not trailing behind.

NemeBro

Than what is it? Shoujo? Originally posted by Tzeentch
Berserk is a josei manga though.

thanos-prime
World Trigger, It's what im reading at the moment and it's pretty damn good.

Q99
Oh! There's another recent one that's really good and doing quite well: Blue Exorcist.

Text-only Version: Click HERE to see this thread with all of the graphics, features, and links.