Releasing Movies in the U.S. Last

Text-only Version: Click HERE to see this thread with all of the graphics, features, and links.

Emperordmb
What. The. Actual. Fūck.

This is a trend that has been pissing me off recently, and I'm ****ing sick of it.

Now, huge movies are released in every other country days before they are released in the United States.

Iron Man 3 was released internationally a week before it was released in the US. Thor 2 was released in the US nine days after being released internationally. Battle of the Five Armies is going to be released in the US five days after being released internationally. Hell, even ****ing Captain America The Winter Soldier got released in the United States nine ****ing days after its international release.

For those of you who are not American, do not assume I am being some entitled piece of shit who thinks that movies should be released in my country before every other country, I'm just ****ing sick of having to wait up to and sometimes over a week for a movie that people in every other country got to watch first, even if the movie was American-made. Hell, ideally I think that movies should be released in every country at the same time. The fact that my country is being deliberately forced to wait longer for big movies than every other country, even when the movie came from my country, just pisses me off.

Anyways, what are you guys' thoughts on this.

(sorry if I seem a little angry, this is just something that's been really bugging me for a while now)

Stigma
As a foreigner I must say it's a wonderful idea big grin cool

steverules_2
I'll pm you a pic of me seeing avengers 2 before you, will that help? biscuits

WhiteWitchKing
The studios are doing it to maximize their profits. They do so for plenty of reasons including avoiding compete with the domestic films of that country and other international films. It's not like the US is the only country that makes films. No way would a studio and it's international distributor put a film in the UK in the same week as the US if their is serious competition from another international film that happens to open in the same week. Some times they have to move up their schedule in the UK before the release in the US. They should do what's best for their interest instead of losing millions just to make their domestic audiences feel special.

Insane Titan
Vast majority of the movies in the past were released in the U.S. First, not the end of the works is it.

Emperordmb
Originally posted by WhiteWitchKing
The studios are doing it to maximize their profits. They do so for plenty of reasons including avoiding compete with the domestic films of that country and other international films. It's not like the US is the only country that makes films. No way would a studio and it's international distributor put a film in the UK in the same week as the US if their is serious competition from another international film that happens to open in the same week. Some times they have to move up their schedule in the UK before the release in the US. They should do what's best for their interest instead of losing millions just to make their domestic audiences feel special.
I'm not arguing that American audiences should get special treatment or that I just want to "feel special," I just don't want to feel like they're taking a big steaming shit on me just to maximize profits. All I want is for movies to be released in my country the same time as they're released everywhere else, instead of having to wait a week longer. It's not a matter of wanting special treatment, it's a matter of not wanting to be excluded from supposed "international" release. If they can change the schedule for a movie's release in the UK and the rest of the world, they can do it for the US too.

NewGuy01
Originally posted by Emperordmb
i just don't want to feel like they're taking a big steaming shit on me

You always feel like that, dude.

Anyway, movie releases vary, and not always by country. I have a nearby theater that tends to release movies a day or two earlier than the standard date, for instance.

Esau Cairn
Another issue which is kinda the opposite to this argument is "America" releasing its remake version then withholding the release date of the original foreign film in it was based on....

Emperordmb
Originally posted by Esau Cairn
Another issue which is kinda the opposite to this argument is "America" releasing its remake version then withholding the release date of the original foreign film in it was based on....
I do hope you aren't passively accusing me of being ignorant and referring to the United States as "America" when I clearly referred to it as "the U.S." every single time.

Esau Cairn
I was generalising as much as u were. "America" as in the Western sense.

Emperordmb
Oh Ok. I'm sorry, but to me that seemed like an accusation of ignorance. Complete misunderstanding, my bad.

Esau Cairn
All good. I don't live in the U.S....I juz remember watching the original version of Rec (think it was Spanish) then Hollywood made Quarrantine & deliberately (for marketing purposes) with held Rec's release 'til after Quarrantine hit the big screen.
I mean to me, that's more of a blatant unfairness than release dates....
Hell, we often get movies released here months not weeks, after it's opening weekend in the U.S.

Emperordmb
And I don't believe that's right either.

Text-only Version: Click HERE to see this thread with all of the graphics, features, and links.