Kao Cen Darach vs. AOTC Kenobi

Text-only Version: Click HERE to see this thread with all of the graphics, features, and links.

carthage
Force, sabers, all out

Trocity
Kenobi.

NewGuy01
Kao.

Revanchiste

QuakeBlood
up

TheMuser
Kenobi takes this fool.

TheNuisanceBird
Physciality: Kao.

Force: Kao.

Sabers is tricky. Not sure how Kao would do against Kenobi with a single blade.

Ursumeles
Kenobi.

UCanShootMyNova
Either way.

MythLord
Obi-Wan, definitely.

Originally posted by TheNuisanceBird
Physciality: Kao.

No.

Force: Kao.

Eh, likely not.

Sabers is tricky. Not sure how Kao would do against Kenobi with a single blade.

He'd lose.

S_W_LeGenD
-

S_W_LeGenD
Mismatch in the favor of Kao Cen Darach.

Trocity
laughing out loud

carthage
Obi Wan

nfactor1995
I'm not exactly sure how to evaluate Kao tbh

NTJack0
Hello There Kenobi sweeps.

TheMuser
In Aal fairness, Kao could take force I suppose.

chingchangwalla
Kao takes force, Obi takes sabers. I want Kao to win but I guess Kenobi for all out too.

DarthDuelist9
This really shows how ****ed up KMC has become

TheNuisanceBird
Originally posted by MythLord
Obi-Wan, definitely.

No.

Eh, likely not.

He'd lose.

Why?

MythLord
I was kinda expecting you to actually give a reason as to why Darach wins.

The burden of proof is on the positive, after all.

TheNuisanceBird
I was kinda expecting you to actually give a reason as to why Darach wins.

The burden of proof is on the positive, after all.

I didn't say Darach would win.

MythLord
You gave him two of the edges and were uncertain of who wins in a sabers-contest. Seems like you were supporting him.

TheNuisanceBird
You gave him two of the edges and were uncertain of who wins in a sabers-contest. Seems like you were supporting him.

Fair enough.

MythLord
I feel like we simultaneously achieved something, yet nothing with this...

Beniboybling
Kenobi might actually stomp here...

GhostRavage
Kenobi.

S_W_LeGenD
Originally posted by DarthDuelist9
This really shows how ****ed up KMC has become
Exactly.

People spewing bullshit left and right these days. It see a march towards the realm of idiocracy.

Obi-Wan Kenobi (Episode II) is no where close to Kao Cen Darach's abilities and showings.

Trocity
ROTS Kenobi is just a solid win for Kao, right?

SunRazer
Assuming AotC Obi-Wan is a near-equal for Qui-Gon, then he takes this rather decisively as far as lightsaber combat is concerned. Although I can't fully recall his best Force feats as of AotC.

MythLord
He's supposed to be near-enough comparable to Anakin(perhaps even greater), he's capable of manipulating ships a good deal pre-AotC, he can deflect a rain of debris from a destroyed ship on a DS nexus, he can pull a ship up by the nose while piloting it(it's not exactly AotC, but not too far after it), and a bunch of other sh!t on that general calibre.

Rockydonovang
I think TCW basically retconned aotc anakin's superiority to aotc kenobi

SunRazer
Where is Anakin stated to be superior in AotC? I keep hearing about it (including a claim from Gillard) but I've yet to see it myself. Gillard implies that Anakin surpasses Obi-Wan after AotC (he mentions it in RotS as if it were a new thing, suggesting that it hadn't happened by AotC). And I've posted the quote from the TCW junior novel where Ventress reckons that Obi-Wan is more powerful than Anakin.

Rockydonovang
Its based on the statement that while aotc kenobi was no match for dooku, anakin was a challenge for him. Though given gillard's statements, ventress's, their early tcw performances vs ventress, and kenobi's ability to stalemate post tcw anakin in obsession telkentically, I think that's been beyond retconned at this point

SunRazer
Yeah, those are old 2002 quotes that have been retconned. Dooku beat them both easily.

Rockydonovang
The question is when did Anakin surpass Kenobi?

Habro
Kao Cen all.

Beniboybling
Since he got quantifiable feats smh.

Tondemonai
Kao nigh-stomps in sabers and all-out. Force unsure

Trocity
lmao, u might legit be retarded.

Tondemonai
Nah. Taking accolades at face value he should be ~ RotS Kenobi at the very least

S_W_LeGenD
Originally posted by Trocity
lmao, u might legit be retarded.
I think you need to look in the mirror when you say that to someone.

Do you see the possibility of Obi-Wan Kenobi (Episode II) who lost to Count Dooku like a chump, dueling Lord Vindican and Darth Malgus at the same time? Where is the evidence of Kenobi having combat skills of such level as of Episode II?

If you compare the duels visually, Kao Cen Darach seems to be miles ahead than Kenobi in skills with a lightsaber.

Darach is also a heavyweight in the aspect of Force powers. Sending Lord Vindican packing across the hall with a blast of power (a Sith Lord who tanked a missile effortlessly and whose Force Lightning was potent enough to knock out Darth Malgus for a while) and lifting that large Starship engine from the ground and hurling it like a missile towards Darth Malgus. Show me evidence of Kenobi matching these showings as of Episode II.

SunRazer
I didn't say either Qui-Gon or AotC Obi-Wan would stomp Kao, just that they're decisively better. Humbling someone that's widely considered the best duelist in the Order is well beyond taking on Vindican (whose combative credentials are rather shallow) and Return Malgus (who only has a generic "one of the best of his time" quotes, and most of the duelists of the time aren't all that impressive to begin with).

Then consider that Kao only managed that once he got Satele's saberstaff in addition to his own lightsaber. With just his own lightsaber (as he'll have here), he seemed to not be that far off Vindican alone. So yeah, that's well behind Qui-Gon's humbling of Anoon Bondara.

XSUPREMEXSKILLZ
Originally posted by Tondemonai
Nah. Taking accolades at face value he should be ~ RotS Kenobi at the very least

What the fck

SunRazer
Maybe on par with RotS Obi-Wan after Dooku collapsed the balcony on him.

Trocity
Originally posted by S_W_LeGenD
I think you need to look in the mirror when you say that to someone.

Coming from you? My man... roll eyes (sarcastic)

Do you see the possibility of Obi-Wan Kenobi (Episode II) who lost to Count Dooku like a chump, dueling Lord Vindican and Darth Malgus at the same time? Where is the evidence of Kenobi having combat skills of such level as of Episode II?

Kenobi performed fairly well in the AOTC novel, actually. He was also fighting an opponent that would absolutely demolish Vindican and Return Malgus.

If you compare the duels visually, Kao Cen Darach seems to be miles ahead than Kenobi in skills with a lightsaber.

Comparing the visuals of a CGI cinematic with a live-action film from the early 2000's? Really? Visually?

Am I then to assume someone like OCW Grievous mops the floor with all 4 duelists from the Return Cinematic? (He would, but that's besides the point)

S W LeGenD
When he looks in the mirror he sees me.

Dispray
Darach

Text-only Version: Click HERE to see this thread with all of the graphics, features, and links.