Black Bolt VERSUS Unworthy Thor

Text-only Version: Click HERE to see this thread with all of the graphics, features, and links.

LordofBrooklyn
Black Bolt

http://static.comicvine.com/uploads/original/3/35402/703058-blackbolt_by_philip_tan.jpg

VERSUS

Unworthy Thor

http://oyster.ignimgs.com/wordpress/stg.ign.com/2014/07/thor-unworthy.jpg

Sin I AM
Unworthy Thor hasn't done anything

Supermex
BB

riv6672
I was hoping for a new scan of Thor. sad

Damborgson
Well if its purely based on what we've seen of unworthy thor then im sure you know the answer already. Thor stomps.

riv6672
LoB is a closet Thor Guy. wink

Sin I AM
Originally posted by riv6672
LoB is a closet Guy. wink

LordofBrooklyn
LoB is a closet Thor Guy. wink

I WILL HANG YOU!!!

deathslash
Originally posted by LordofBrooklyn
I WILL HANG YOU!!! wow bro! Hanging black people hasn't been socially acceptable since the early 70's

"Id"
Black Bolt

riv6672
I WILL HANG YOU!!!

Originally posted by deathslash
wow bro! Hanging black people hasn't been socially acceptable since the early 70's

Wow.

Thanks guys, way to go at the black guy with racial hatred. Appreciate that SO much.

no expression

eaebiakuya
Black Bolt.

Thor has only one chance: use a thunderbolt when in the first second of the fight (he can KO Hercules with a TB...).

deathslash
Wow.

Thanks guys, way to go at the black guy with racial hatred. Appreciate that SO much.

no expression first thing's first, I am black and the second thing is that you know just as well as I do that all the way up to the 70's, people still got away with killing our people. I'm not sure how stating a fact seems like I'm going at you with "racial hatred". As for this thread's topic; black bolt definitely wins.

riv6672
Yes, of course.

Thats perfectly acceptable.

Time Immemorial
Originally posted by Damborgson
Well if its purely based on what we've seen of unworthy thor then im sure you know the answer already. Thor stomps.

Not a shred of proof to support his claim.

carver9
Don't think people realize that Thor is still the same, he just doesn't have his hammer. He is still as strong, durable, and as fast as he was with Mjlonir, he just doesn't have anything to channel his godly power through and from what I've seen, he can't fly. With that said, Thor has ft. Use everything that was shown of him without Mjlonir and go from there but don't forget, he is walking around with a weapon capable of slicing Heralds and Celestials in two.

LordofBrooklyn
Originally posted by carver9
Don't think people realize that Thor is still the same, he just doesn't have his hammer. He is still as strong, durable, and as fast as he was with Mjlonir, he just doesn't have anything to channel his godly power through and from what I've seen, he can't fly. With that said, Thor has ft. Use everything that was shown of him without Mjlonir and go from there but don't forget, he is walking around with a weapon capable of slicing Heralds and Celestials in two.

Jarnborn can be separated from The Odinson and unlike Mjolnir it doesn't automatically return.

Thor's mentality as a brawler doesn't usually win him battles. Mjolnir gave him the opportunity to change strategies after the initial attack.

Black Bolt has more versatilty than Thor without Mjolnir.

carver9
Jarnborn can be separated from The Odinson and unlike Mjolnir it doesn't automatically return.

Thor's mentality as a brawler doesn't usually win him battles. Mjolnir gave him the opportunity to change strategies after the initial attack.

Black Bolt has more versatilty than Thor without Mjolnir.

Black Bolt isn't separating him though. Not strong enough.

What showings of Thor mentality as a brawler doesn't win him battles? Thor is one of the strongest beings in Marvel...him going physical could most definitely give him a win against most. Especially if we look at his damage soak, strength, and speed as a whole.

BB does have more versatility which makes this interesting because without it, he would get the same treatment he received against Thanos.

With that said, since Bolt will not use his voice in this battle, Thor wins.

LordofBrooklyn
Black Bolt isn't separating him though. Not strong enough.

What showings of Thor mentality as a brawler doesn't win him battles? Thor is one of the strongest beings in Marvel...him going physical could most definitely give him a win against most. Especially if we look at his damage soak, strength, and speed as a whole.

BB does have more versatility which makes this interesting because without it, he would get the same treatment he received against Thanos.

With that said, since Bolt will not use his voice in this battle, Thor wins.

Thor's fights against the following support my point.

1. Count Nefaria
2. Gladiator
3. Hulk
4. Juggernaut

And several others indicate that Thor the brawler is not enough. When he utilizes Mjolnir in combination with his physical attacks he is at his most potent.

Black Bolt is indeed strong enough to contend with Thor. He can augment his abilities and strength is among them.

Boltagon is more than competetive without going nuclear on the Blonde Whore.

carver9
Thor's fights against the following support my point.

1. Count Nefaria
2. Gladiator
3. Hulk
4. Juggernaut

And several others indicate that Thor the brawler is not enough. When he utilizes Mjolnir in combination with his physical attacks he is at his most potent.

Black Bolt is indeed strong enough to contend with Thor. He can augment his abilities and strength is among them.

Boltagon is more than competetive without going nuclear on the Blonde Whore.

Look at the people you've named and when he fought Nef, he admitted he was holding back. He held his own the second go round without going exotic.

Also, Black Bolt physically isn't on any of those peeps level. He has decent showings against them but he usually relies on his voice to take them out.

Count would work BB.

Gladiator and BB is usually a good exchange but I think that's due to Glads being afraid of his voice.

It was said on panel that Black Bolt isn't a match for Hulk physically. This is when he use his trump card to put him down.

Juggernaut would crush BB.

None of this matters. If Thor gets close, the fight is done. If BB decides to use his voice the fight is over. In character, I'm giving this to Thor after a good fight.

Supermex
I'm one of the peeps that thought unworthy Thor is now a normal human or asgardain in overall physical abilities..

So I'm asking now is Thor same as classic Thor just without the Hammer then?

deathslash

None of this matters. If Thor gets close, the fight is done. If BB decides to use his voice the fight is over. In character, I'm giving this to Thor after a good fight. in character, BB has been opening up on anything and everything with his voice recently. The standard starting distance also heavily weighs in boltagon's favor. If he needs to, black bolt could just fly into the air and bombard Thor's position and if Thor gets close enough, boltagon could use his master blow to smack Thor around. Black bolt should win almost every time when Thor doesn't have his hammer and they're both fighting to the best of their ability.

80sBaby
Originally posted by Supermex
I'm one of the peeps that thought unworthy Thor is now a normal human or asgardain in overall physical abilities..

So I'm asking now is Thor same as classic Thor just without the Hammer then?

Yes.

What made you think he was a normal human/Asgardian?

deathslash
Originally posted by 80sBaby
Yes.

What made you think he was a normal human/Asgardian? his embracing showing against those frost giants

carver9
in character, BB has been opening up on anything and everything with his voice recently. The standard starting distance also heavily weighs in boltagon's favor. If he needs to, black bolt could just fly into the air and bombard Thor's position and if Thor gets close enough, boltagon could use his master blow to smack Thor around. Black bolt should win almost every time when Thor doesn't have his hammer and they're both fighting to the best of their ability.

Agreed and he has been using it lately (used it in the JLA imposter fight as well). Can Thor super jump?

deathslash
Agreed and he has been using it lately (used it in the JLA imposter fight as well). Can Thor super jump? he's super strong and has enhanced speed. I assume that he can.

Sin I AM
Well the frost giant thing was a low showing and a means to flaunt the new arm. Plot driven loss basically. Anyway i see BB winning. Also someone said he can't fly without mjolnir but he can.

deathslash
Originally posted by Sin I AM
Well the frost giant thing was a low showing and a means to flaunt the new arm. Plot driven loss basically. Anyway i see BB winning. Also someone said he can't fly without mjolnir but he can. not saying that he can't, but do you have any scans of him flying without his hammer?

Sin I AM
Naw. It's in the character ownage thread if u felt like sifting thru. Im sure one of the greater Thorbags have the scan readily available

carver9
http://static.comicvine.com/uploads/original/14/148678/2860496-DefeatsStorm2.jpg

http://static.comicvine.com/uploads/original/12/124797/3520848-flywithoutmjolnirinspace.jpg

http://s38.photobucket.com/user/RageOfTheGod/media/Thor/FlyWithoutMjolnir10.jpg.html

deathslash
http://static.comicvine.com/uploads/original/14/148678/2860496-DefeatsStorm2.jpg

http://static.comicvine.com/uploads/original/12/124797/3520848-flywithoutmjolnirinspace.jpg

http://s38.photobucket.com/user/RageOfTheGod/media/Thor/FlyWithoutMjolnir10.jpg.html carver? You're a thorbag? Also, seeing Thor hitting on storm during a fight is pretty funny

Sin I AM
He's also done it recently with Hyperion before his arm got neutered

LordofBrooklyn
The canon is conflicting though.

There have been times when Thor has been able to fly without hanging on to a propelled Mjolnir

Sin I AM
I think that's writers malfunction though seeing as how mjolnir is just a conduit for Thors power. He controls the wind just like storm does, albeit less expertly. He should "fly" in the same manner she does

Bentley
Blackbolt can at least put a mean fight against an opponent who is essentially hammerless Thor. This isn't by any stretch of imagination an easy win for Thor (Jarnborn should one-shot either combatant with a well placed slash).

LordofBrooklyn
I think that's writers malfunction though seeing as how mjolnir is just a conduit for Thors power. He controls the wind just like storm does, albeit less expertly. He should "fly" in the same manner she does

Your assessment of Mjolnir's abilities is not accurate. The hammer has many abilities that Thor cannot replicate on his own.

The pain of The Thor Corps must be affecting you. I'll overlook this errir.

riv6672
The canon is conflicting though.

There have been times when Thor has been able to fly without hanging on to a propelled Mjolnir
So, for thread purposes, is he better off when he's hanging?

abhilegend
If unworthy Thor could fly why was he being carried everywhere by Vision in Axis or having to use his goats in his own title? Not to mention Frigga saying he can't fly without his hammer?

Khazra Reborn
Canonically Thor isn't supposed to be able to fly without Mjolnir, but he's obviously done it, because nobody cares at Marvel.

-K-M-
The new female thor couldn't fly without spinning the hammer and throwing it basically how thor has been portrayed in most of his appearances. Also revealed mjolnir controls where you land by thinking where you want to go.

Sin I AM
Your assessment of Mjolnir's abilities is not accurate. The hammer has many abilities that Thor cannot replicate on his own.

The pain of The Thor Corps must be affecting you. I'll overlook this errir.

Like what? Thor has every ability that mjolnir has he's just too dumb to use them. His powers are innate. Mjolnir is a crutch imo. It allows him to do the same tasks without as much effort

abhilegend
Like what? Thor has every ability that mjolnir has he's just too dumb to use them. His powers are innate. Mjolnir is a crutch imo. It allows him to do the same tasks without as much effort
facepalm

Sin I AM
Originally posted by abhilegend
facepalm

Care to speak up or troll. I gotta free lunch period.

celeyhyga17
laughing out loud

DarkOdin
Like what? Thor has every ability that mjolnir has he's just too dumb to use them. His powers are innate. Mjolnir is a crutch imo. It allows him to do the same tasks without as much effort Well LOB is right. Thor does have a bunch of abilites without mjolnir but mjolnir has more. Opening portals, anti-matter blast, energy absorbation and etc.... just to name a few. Mjolnir has a greater power then Thor, it is infused with the Odinpower.

That being said Thor stomps BB, lets not act like BB isn't a brawler 99.9% of the time

riv6672
Originally posted by DarkOdin
Well LOB is right. Thor does have a bunch of abilites without mjolnir but mjolnir has more. Opening portals, anti-matter blast, energy absorbation and etc.... just to name a few. Mjolnir has a greater power then Thor, it is infused with the Odinpower.

That being said Thor stomps BB, lets not act like BB isn't a brawler 99.9% of the time
A reasonable, well articulated comment. Very engaging, i was hanging on your every word.

psycho gundam
I gotta free lunch period. sick

#jellysandwich

celeyhyga17
Whisper vs Lightning. I'll take Thor's durability > Bolt.

Sin I AM
Well LOB is right. Thor does have a bunch of abilites without mjolnir but mjolnir has more. Opening portals, anti-matter blast, energy absorbation and etc.... just to name a few. Mjolnir has a greater power then Thor, it is infused with the Odinpower.

Says who? That's his natural progression. Odin has the exact same abilities to a greater degree. Thor has said himself that mjolnir is a limiter. A crutch. He can god blast without it, he can fly without it, hell i haven't seen Thor teleport WITH mjolnir in ages yet i know he can do it. The other powere you named will come with progression and less reliance on that hammer as has been shown in multiple future timelines.

LordofBrooklyn
Says who? That's his natural progression. Odin has the exact same abilities to a greater degree. Thor has said himself that mjolnir is a limiter. A crutch. He can god blast without it, he can fly without it, hell i haven't seen Thor teleport WITH mjolnir in ages yet i know he can do it. The other powere you named will come with progression and less reliance on that hammer as has been shown in multiple future timelines.

You're wrong and the fact that The Ruler of The House of El has to correct you on Thor canon is a moral disgrace.

The mystical aspects of Mjolnir are CLEARLY not an innate part of Thor but granted by Odin. You have Anti-Matter, Soul draining, formerly time travel etc.

Accept your correction!

riv6672
He should hang his head, in shame.

-K-M-
Honestly not sure why this thread was made. We know nothing of unworthy metal arm Thor

Sin I AM
You're wrong and the fact that The Ruler of The House of El has to correct you on Thor canon is a moral disgrace.

The mystical aspects of Mjolnir are CLEARLY not an innate part of Thor but granted by Odin. You have Anti-Matter, Soul draining, formerly time travel etc.

Accept your correction!

Um no. It's been displayed that when Odin is displaced or times when Thor remembers his powers he can do everything mjolnir can do. He's already shown flight, godblast. weather control sans equipment. He's half an elder god for christsakes. We know he has earth manipulation but he never uses it. Mjolnir is jus a plot device to keep him grounded.

LordofBrooklyn
Um no. It's been displayed that when Odin is displaced or times when Thor remembers his powers he can do everything mjolnir can do. He's already shown flight, godblast. weather control sans equipment. He's half an elder god for christsakes. We know he has earth manipulation but he never uses it. Mjolnir is jus a plot device to keep him grounded.

I.

LOVE.

THIS.

The chance to publicly humiliate the last of the rabble that is the Thor Corps is a great feeling.

Which Thor expert will you accept correction from?

I have someone in mind and they will shut you up for good.

cdtm
Unfortunately, the Inhuman wins (And what an appropriate racial name for someone that tried to effectively genocide every other race in the universe..)

Sin I AM
He did?

cdtm
He did?

War of Kings.

His plan was to convert every race in the universe into Inhumans with his big bomb, which is technically an act of genocide. (Ending entire races, even if by conversion instead of death.)

celeyhyga17
Genocide is a bit strong.

cdtm
Originally posted by celeyhyga17
Genocide is a bit strong.

Maybe, but there's no other word for it.

Outside of comics, of course genocide = mass murder, but that's because we don't have a super bomb that could turn everyone into bug people or something. At the end of the day, if Black Bolt succeeded, there would be no more humans, skrulls, kree..

Sin I AM
Well thats his thing. He's always trying to make everyone inhuman

riv6672
The chance to publicly humiliate the last of the rabble that is the Thor Corps is a great feeling.
You seem to have the hang of it.

abhilegend
Care to speak up or troll. I gotta free lunch period.
Either you have read no Thor comics or listened to Rage too much. Since when can Thor absorb energy without mjolnir? Or transmute matter? Or soul suck? Or create portals? Teleport? And that's just off my mind.

And don't come up "he should but he doesn't". Mjolnir has never been simply a tool to channel Thor's power. It has never been described as such.

LordofBrooklyn

You have NO CANON to back up this stance.

NONE.

Admit you're wrong or I WILL CRUSH YOU!!!

carver9

NONE.

laughing out loud

Love this guy.

Raisen

I dont believe this is true

cdtm
Either you have read no Thor comics or listened to Rage too much. Since when can Thor absorb energy without mjolnir? Or transmute matter? Or soul suck? Or create portals? Teleport? And that's just off my mind.

And don't come up "he should but he doesn't". Mjolnir has never been simply a tool to channel Thor's power. It has never been described as such.

Thor does have some innate powers.

But if Mjolnir was nothing more then a focus, it wouldn't power up other characters independent of Thor, which it has. (Bill and Masterson, for starters. And I guess this female Thor I never read about, and probably never will because 5 minutes of my life reading something I'm not interested in is 5 minutes too many..)

Sin I AM
Basically what im saying is the powers is innate. It's within his ability to produce the effect as seen in future timelines however due to inexperience or lack of thorforce or whatever he doesn't show it often enough (self propelled flight, god blast) or hasn't shown it unless in future/alt timelines (energy manip) imo when odin created the hammer the incantation that was inscribed on it meant that whoever held the power had thors power too whether he displayed it or not. But that's just my opinion

Khazra Reborn
When Odin cast Thor out of Asgard, he tethered Thor's power to Mjolnir, hence why others are able to weild Thor's power if they're worthy.

riv6672

NONE.

laughing out loud

Love this guy.

Ha, seems he's trying to give Sin enough rppe to hang himself. laughing out loud

DarkOdin
Says who? That's his natural progression. Odin has the exact same abilities to a greater degree. Thor has said himself that mjolnir is a limiter. A crutch. He can god blast without it, he can fly without it, hell i haven't seen Thor teleport WITH mjolnir in ages yet i know he can do it. The other powere you named will come with progression and less reliance on that hammer as has been shown in multiple future timelines. Odin powers the exact same as Thors eek!. Thor teleported with mjolnir 3 months ago for crying out loud, The only statement you have said that is correct is Thor flying, Thor was shown to fly using the cosmic winds or soemthing of that nature on-panel to fly in the god-butcher story line however he didn't appear to be great at it grant it that was young thor

DarkOdin
Basically what im saying is the powers is innate. It's within his ability to produce the effect as seen in future timelines however due to inexperience or lack of thorforce or whatever he doesn't show it often enough (self propelled flight, god blast) or hasn't shown it unless in future/alt timelines (energy manip) imo when odin created the hammer the incantation that was inscribed on it meant that whoever held the power had thors power too whether he displayed it or not. But that's just my opinion The Thorforce is the Odinpower that King Thor renamed whatever you want to call it, the power has nothing to do with Thor's innate abilites

LordofBrooklyn
Basically what im saying is the powers is innate. It's within his ability to produce the effect as seen in future timelines however due to inexperience or lack of thorforce or whatever he doesn't show it often enough (self propelled flight, god blast) or hasn't shown it unless in future/alt timelines (energy manip) imo when odin created the hammer the incantation that was inscribed on it meant that whoever held the power had thors power too whether he displayed it or not. But that's just my opinion

TRASH!

You. Are. Wrong.

ADMIT IT NOW!!!!

cdtm
Originally posted by Khazra Reborn
When Odin cast Thor out of Asgard, he tethered Thor's power to Mjolnir, hence why others are able to weild Thor's power if they're worthy.

If that's the case, that's more like Krato's power getting dumped into the sword of olympus.

Yeah, it's Thor's power in the hammer, but he can't tap it unless he's holding the thing.

Sin I AM
Odin powers the exact same as Thors eek!. Thor teleported with mjolnir 3 months ago for crying out loud, The only statement you have said that is correct is Thor flying, Thor was shown to fly using the cosmic winds or soemthing of that nature on-panel to fly in the god-butcher story line however he didn't appear to be great at it grant it that was young thor

Sigh. Look what im saying is that i believe it's innate as shown when he ages and gets less reliant on his hammers and actually starts using his esoteric abilities. As he gets more and more experienced he's able to do more without it. Not seeing how you're not getting it

abhilegend
So you are using alternate futures where Thor used odinforce to do such things to prove he can do those things on his own without mjolnir?

Not sure if you're serious or just trolling. If serious, you gotta read some thor comics and learn the difference between Thor and Odin's power.Originally posted by Sin I AM
Sigh. Look what im saying is that i believe it's innate as shown when he ages and gets less reliant on his hammers and actually starts using his esoteric abilities. As he gets more and more experienced he's able to do more without it. Not seeing how you're not getting it
facepalm

FFS, he is already thousands of years old. He could do those things in future because he had odinforce, not because those are his innate powers.

Sin I AM
So you are using alternate futures where Thor used odinforce to do such things to prove he can do those things on his own without mjolnir?

Not sure if you're serious or just trolling. If serious, you gotta read some thor comics and learn the difference between Thor and Odin's power.
facepalm

FFS, he is already thousands of years old. He could do those things in future because he had odinforce, not because those are his innate powers.

Meh toe may toe, toe mah toe.

It's irrelevant anyway as he hasn't done anything yet without his arm.

DarkOdin

roll eyes (sarcastic) We have seen old king Thor that is about as old as experienced and as old as he is going to get. And he has not done anything you say not even close.

Also we haven seen old king thor have to relay on mjolnir when he was no longer able to access the odinpower.

So your point has no grounds on any feats or fact but only your "idea" of Thor having a powerset he yet to use/have

Sin I AM
roll eyes (sarcastic) We have seen old king Thor that is about as old as experienced and as old as he is going to get. And he has not done anything you say not even close.

Also we haven seen old king thor have to relay on mjolnir when he was no longer able to access the odinpower.

So your point has no grounds on any feats or fact but only your "idea" of Thor having a powerset he yet to use/have

Old king thor powers were diminished after all those years of fighting tho

LordofBrooklyn

I DEMAND YOU POST THE FOLLOWING.

I, SIN I AM, admit that I am wrong about Mjolnir in relation to Thor's abilities!

I ALSO HUMBLY ACKNOWLEDGE LORDOFBROOKLYN'S SUPERIOR KNOWLEDGE OF THOR'S CANON!

You have 24 Hours to OBEY and post this message.

Time Immemorial
XCTPyEI0sxw

riv6672
I DEMAND YOU POST THE FOLLOWING.

I, SIN I AM, admit that I am wrong about Mjolnir in relation to Thor's abilities!

I ALSO HUMBLY ACKNOWLEDGE LORDOFBROOKLYN'S SUPERIOR KNOWLEDGE OF THOR'S CANON!

You have 24 Hours to OBEY and post this message.
You have the hang, of empty threats down pat. thumb up

carver9
TRASH!

You. Are. Wrong.

ADMIT IT NOW!!!!

laughing out loud

naurtoisbeast
Look at the people you've named and when he fought Nef, he admitted he was holding back. He held his own the second go round without going exotic.

Also, Black Bolt physically isn't on any of those peeps level. He has decent showings against them but he usually relies on his voice to take them out.

Count would work BB.

Gladiator and BB is usually a good exchange but I think that's due to Glads being afraid of his voice.

It was said on panel that Black Bolt isn't a match for Hulk physically. This is when he use his trump card to put him down.

None of this matters. If Thor gets close, the fight is done. If BB decides to use his voice the fight is over. In character, I'm giving this to Thor after a good fight. Originally posted by carver9

Count would work BB.

None of this matters. If Thor gets close, the fight is done. If BB decides to use his voice the fight is over. In character, I'm giving this to Thor after a good fight. i think maybe thor will win here

riv6672
Yeah i've no doubt about that. Thor will hang BB out to dry.

krisblaze
Yes.

I love how mjolnir-less Thor is expected to use more sophisticated powers against BB than regular Thor is expected to use against Hulk big grin

Unworthy Thor vs BB = Thor calls upon the divine godblast from his being, all the lightning and whatnot.

Thor vs Hulk = Golly gee, how can Thor beat someone who gets stronger as time passes?!

Some of the gutter posters here need to take a long hard look at their process smile

riv6672
Some hang onto these misconceptions for dear life.

Prof. T.C McAbe
The Inhumans are Celestial pets, the Axe kills Celestials, ergo Thor owns.

HulkIsHulk
Gaah, how many years will Thorbags keep spouting this misconception over and over again?

LordofBrooklyn
Originally posted by HulkIsHulk
Gaah, how many years will Thorbags keep spouting this misconception over and over again?

On this board it is just the ignorant poser Thor fan, SIN I AM.

The rest acknowledge that the assertion isn't true.

Tar-Antado

I guess, you might be right in your initial assertion, Thor is relatively retarded not being able to master his powers after thousands of years of existence. What a dumbass he is come to think about it.

LordofBrooklyn
Originally posted by Tar-Antado
I guess, you might be right in your initial assertion, Thor is relatively retarded not being able to master his powers after thousands of years of existence. What a dumbass he is come to think about it.

She isn't right though though.

In fact, she is PAINFULLY wrong given Thor's canon. The fact that ANY Thor fan would make the assertions that SIN has made is indicative of either a willful refusal to acknowledge the depictions, or a lack of knowledge.

Tar-Antado
Yeah, I think BB cubts off the 3 remaining limbs, throws Thor into a pool. Thor gets a new name, "Bob". ;-)

cdtm

Count would work BB.

He still has his psi projection and Master Blow.

Pwned the Spinx without using his voice, who has pretty powerful energy projection himself.

ODG
Originally posted by krisblaze
Yes.

I love how mjolnir-less Thor is expected to use more sophisticated powers against BB than regular Thor is expected to use against Hulk big grin

Unworthy Thor vs BB = Thor calls upon the divine godblast from his being, all the lightning and whatnot.

Thor vs Hulk = Golly gee, how can Thor beat someone who gets stronger as time passes?!

Some of the gutter posters here need to take a long hard look at their process smile Have you considered that Thor wouldn't necessarily approach Black Bolt in the same way he would approach Hulk?

cdtm
Originally posted by ODG
Have you considered that Thor wouldn't necessarily approach Black Bolt in the same way he would approach Hulk?

In the comics, sure.

The thing is, people tend to ignore the "full capacity" rule and pigeonhole Thor into his comic book tactics vs Hulk, which is something that doesn't happen to, say, Superman vs any brick (Like Doomsday).

krisblaze
Originally posted by ODG
Have you considered that Thor wouldn't necessarily approach Black Bolt in the same way he would approach Hulk?

Please elaborate.

To me it actually seems MORE like that Thor would bring out the Durok-hammer against Hulk than against Black Bolt.

The only thing holding it back being Hulk's immense popularity smile

Damborgson
It's no secret that Hulk wouldn't even get a 1/10 against Thor if Thor fought with everything he has. /shrug. He fights in literally the only way Hulk can win. And its usually up for grabs.

Bentley
Originally posted by ODG

Nice to have you back ODG. Hope lame posters don't annoy you just after your vacation.

eaebiakuya
Originally posted by Damborgson
It's no secret that Hulk wouldn't even get a 1/10 against Thor if Thor fought with everything he has. /shrug. He fights in literally the only way Hulk can win. And its usually up for grabs. ]

Thor dont even need to use everything he has. Only using lighting bolts is enough to beat Hulk without much problems.

And yes, people ignore "full capacity rule" in every single Hulk thread.

carver9
Not true at all on everything you said.

carver9
Originally posted by ODG

Wow its good to have you back.

One_Angry_Scot
Think this is a hard match to decide.

It really all depends whether Thor can get close enough before BB starts letting off a scream or another type of blast.

ODG
Originally posted by krisblaze
Please elaborate.

To me it actually seems MORE like that Thor would bring out the Durok-hammer against Hulk than against Black Bolt.

The only thing holding it back being Hulk's immense popularity smile BY my reading, Thor engages Hulk in straight strength. Because that is Hulk's forte and a challenge that Thor relishes. At least, when he's allowed to cut loose and there aren't innocents in danger. Black Bolt isn't such a foe and isn't such a challenge and Thor seemed to recognize that when he fought him.

Thor hasn't though.

Or it's Thor's character.

zopzop
Originally posted by ODG
BY my reading, Thor engages Hulk in straight strength. Because that is Hulk's forte and a challenge that Thor relishes. At least, when he's allowed to cut loose and there aren't innocents in danger. Black Bolt isn't such a foe and isn't such a challenge and Thor seemed to recognize that when he fought him.

Thor hasn't though.

Or it's Thor's character.

jawdrop

HulkIsHulk
Not true at all on everything you said.
Throbags simply forget the full capacity rule is on for Hulk as well

h1a8
carver? You're a thorbag? Also, seeing Thor hitting on storm during a fight is pretty funny the hammer attached to Thor's side still allows him to fly. Thor was never shown flying without being in possession of his hammer. Thor throwing the hammer and still remaining afloat in the Storm showing is simply writer's error. Unless Mjolnir magically but temporarily grants Thor the ability to still float once it leaves Thor's hands.

Anyway Thor can't fly without Mjolnir. At best he can float if he throws it from already floating.

leonidas
his appearance in axis was pretty impressive imo. he easily handled apoc and was pretty much laying waste to whoever was in his way. axis unworthy would kill bolt, imo (even though it appeared loki w/hammer had him beat). not sure if in character unworthy thor would do the same because he would need to go all out.

Khazra Reborn
Hammer Loki was an illusion or dream though. Typically BB doesn't go for broke with his voice right away, and if he gets into a melee with an axe wielding nihilistic Thor, it probably wouldn't go too well for BB.

LordofBrooklyn
Originally posted by Khazra Reborn
Hammer Loki was an illusion or dream though. Typically BB doesn't go for broke with his voice right away, and if he gets into a melee with an axe wielding nihilistic Thor, it probably wouldn't go too well for BB.

I think Boltagon has good odds of getting Janbjorn out of The Odinson's hands.

Khazra Reborn
I dunno... I suppose it's possible. But I wouldn't bet the house on BB disarming someone who is stronger, and every bit as skilled.

celeyhyga17
Originally posted by leonidas
his appearance in axis was pretty impressive imo. he easily handled apoc and was pretty much laying waste to whoever was in his way. axis unworthy would kill bolt, imo (even though it appeared loki w/hammer had him beat). not sure if in character unworthy thor would do the same because he would need to go all out.
True he had him beat, but it's mainly because Unworthy Thor's magic attack(lightning) had completely no effect on Thorki.

That was a major disadvantage imo.

srug

leonidas
^thumb up that only lends support to the idea that thor takes this imo.

h1a8
BB wins, flight and ranged attacks wins it without much difficulty.

Text-only Version: Click HERE to see this thread with all of the graphics, features, and links.