AotC - Canon Duels

Text-only Version: Click HERE to see this thread with all of the graphics, features, and links.

Marco1907
I want to ask about AotC Obi-Wan and Anakin's dueling levels against Count Dooku, it seems some people sees AotC Anakin did better than AotC Obi-Wan against Dooku, but after a careful observation, I don't think that happened.

BvnwLLXHabg

0:43 - 1:16

33 second - Obi-Wan dueled with Dooku

After that Anakin came with surprise attack, I am not going to add surprise blade lock and Jar'Kai attacks of Anakin, since these were circumstantial.

Real duel begins at 1:55 imho,

1:55 - 2:15

20 second - Anakin dueled with Dooku

How is Anakin did better than Obi-Wan here ? Can someone explain to me ?

Sinious
Dooku was kinda toying with them anyway. We don't know against who he fought harder, or do we?

NewGuy01
The novel specifies that Dooku was pressed against Anakin, and taking it fairly easy against Obi-Wan.

And to me, anyway, this is clear in the movie as well.

Sinious
Originally posted by NewGuy01
The novel specifies that Dooku was pressed against Anakin, and taking it fairly easy against Obi-Wan.

Ah, exactly what I thought someone would say.

ares834

And to me, anyway, this is clear in the movie as well.

thumb up

Vorpal Ruin

Wouldn't that logically be how a fight with Dooku would go, considering all of their fighting styles? Does that really mean Anakin is more skilled?

Being more pressed against a defensive fighter than an offensive fighter doesn't really make sense.

NewGuy01
Except that Kenobi still primarily practiced Ataro, Shii-Cho, Niman, etc. at this point.

Marco1907
Originally posted by Vorpal Ruin
Wouldn't that logically be how a fight with Dooku would go, considering all of their fighting styles? Does that really mean Anakin is more skilled?

Being more pressed against a defensive fighter than an offensive fighter doesn't really make sense.

That's also make sense that Anakin lost his entire arm with one stroke, while Dooku needed to cut Obi-Wan more than twice. Obi-Wan fought more defensively and didn't take much risk, while Anakin was more offensive and he takes risks for that.

Darth Abonis
I think Dooku was surprised by Anakin's skill level and his aggressive youthful energy but both of them required minimal effort on his part at this time.

red8
Except that Kenobi still primarily practiced Ataro, Shii-Cho, Niman, etc. at this point.

When did Kenobi begin to dedicate his training towards Soresu? I thought it was right after Qui-Gon died?

FreshestSlice
Originally posted by red8
When did Kenobi begin to dedicate his training towards Soresu? I thought it was right after Qui-Gon died?
It would have to be after AotC for Dooku to be surprised by it. Considering TCW, problem a few years before that.

Marco1907
Originally posted by red8

True, After TPM and death of Qui-Gon,

---- The Jedi Path A Manual for Students of the Force

Developing your own Style

http://i1273.photobucket.com/albums/y418/karasakal_teach/capture-20140530-232630_zpsec7e65a0.png

Kenobi mastered Ataru at the time of TPM, then he mastered Soresu in TCW / RotS, and created his ultimate hybrid form of Ataru/Soresu, in AotC his Soresu was still not ready tbh. Not that it could make any difference against Count's makashi though, Count would defeat Kenobi all time due to his great knowledge on classic Jedi forms (shii-cho, soresu, ataru etc.) and his makashi mastery.

Text-only Version: Click HERE to see this thread with all of the graphics, features, and links.