The Justice League -Vs- The Avengers

Text-only Version: Click HERE to see this thread with all of the graphics, features, and links.

Supermex
Who wins?
No prep..
Dcnu..

The Justice League

Superman
G.L Hal
Wonder Woman
M.Manhunter

Vs

The Avengers

Hyperion
Dr.Strange
Cls.Thor
Black Bolt

Instead of blurbing out who wins, I like to see peeps breakdown to pros and Con's for each team. What does each member brings to the table for there team.

carver9
Think Strange is the game changer. He is current empowered by some gods that gave him enough power to take out a high powered team.

Martian Manhunter plays a huge role here as well because I don't know how powerful Hyperion telepathic resistance is. Martian could probably take control of him and use him against his team (has happened before). Think WW could give anyone on the opposing team a challenge. Strange would be Superman's kryptonite and with basic knowledge, he could probably end him pretty fast...that's if Supes don't start out blitzing from the get go (does Strange still have auto shields).

With that said, due to Strange, I'm giving team Marvel 8/10.

bobbi
Yeah, Strange pretty much solo's this. He's taken on much stronger opponents in the past (And I feel like he should still have auto shields). The rest of the team can at least hold the DC team off while he gets some spells in as well. I'm sure strange can put some telepathic resistance on his teammates too.

JBL
Originally posted by carver9
Think Strange is the game changer. He is current empowered by some gods that gave him enough power to take out a high powered team.

Martian Manhunter plays a huge role here as well because I don't know how powerful Hyperion telepathic resistance is. Martian could probably take control of him and use him against his team (has happened before). Think WW could give anyone on the opposing team a challenge. Strange would be Superman's kryptonite and with basic knowledge, he could probably end him pretty fast...that's if Supes don't start out blitzing from the get go (does Strange still have auto shields).

With that said, due to Strange, I'm giving team Marvel 8/10. Well said.

relentless1
every one of the JL members can blitz Strange or anyone else on the Avengers team before they could mount an offence. Superman, Wonder Woman, Martian Manhunter and GLs ring can all move faster than the avengers could react.

JBL
Originally posted by relentless1
every one of the JL members can blitz Strange or anyone else on the Avengers team before they could mount an offence. Superman, Wonder Woman, Martian Manhunter and GLs ring can all move faster than the avengers could react. How many times has team one blitzed any opponent and won? How many times have team two members faced just as fast or faster opponents than team one and did just fine?

Star428
every one of the JL members can blitz Strange or anyone else on the Avengers team before they could mount an offence. Superman, Wonder Woman, Martian Manhunter and GLs ring can all move faster than the avengers could react.

Yep. My thoughts exactly. Without prep, and assuming Strange doesn't have some kind of shields already up then he gets taken out immediately before he can cast a single spell. Probably same thing would happen to BB and then it's 4 on 2. Don't see how the Avengers could win that. They're seriously lacking in the speed department.

Sixth_Winged

Green Lantern doesn't blitz

Wonderwoman and Mm rarely blitz if ever and there's no guarantee they will target Strange since they have thor and Bb to occupy them.

Only superman is in character to blitz but he'll have his hands full with Hype.

As for the match, leaning towards JL unless strange loses control again and goes full on team killing mode.

Sixth_Winged

Green Lantern doesn't blitz. Very Ooc.

Wonderwoman and Mm rarely blitz if ever and there's no guarantee they will target Strange since they have thor and Bb to occupy them.

Only superman is in character to blitz but he'll have his hands full with Hype.

As for the match, leaning towards JL unless strange loses control again and goes full on team killing mode.

shadowknight
DC

1. On the DC side we have 4 people who can go several times the speed of sound. DC has massive speed advantage.

2. DC also has 3 people who are easily CL 100 Str and a 4th who can duplicate the ability.

3. DC has the edge in versatility

4. But IMO DC side biggest advantage is its teamwork. You have people that's worked & trained together for years and know each other STR and weakness.

5. Finally there's MM TP, it gives DC a massive advantage in teamwork and MM can uses it to mess with the Marvel side or shut their brain down. p

Marvel

1. The main problem with the marvel side is their power lvl is all over the place. Hyperion can't stop a meteor from crashing into a planet, can't stop a satellite from crashing, but can hold 2 planets apart. Is it me but is there a disconnect somewhere. BB likewise he's been said to be anywhere from CL 25- CL 75 in STR, same with Dr Strange and his magical formability.

2. Too many Chiefs not enough Indians, Who's the leader? Who give orders?

3. To me the Marvel trump card isn't Dr Strange since GL can pretty much neutralize each other but BB scream outside of SM Invulnerability and WW bracelet blocking the DC side has few counters to BB scream. The only consolation is BB uses his screams in extremely rare circumstance.

christianrapper
d.c. wins. dr. strange can be laser eyed before he even knew a fight had started.

Tony Stark
AVENGERS

Konton

Well if Diana takes her bracelets off, she too is empowered by the gods.

Golgo13
JLA.

DarkSaint85

Which gave him nightmares afterwards, and reduced him to a crying wreck. And he would never use that power again. If he gets to use that power again, that, IMHO, is VERY OOC for him, and so, the JL team would win as they ALSO use OOC tactics.

I give it to DC. Better teamwork, with matchups being:

Thor/WW
MM/Bolt
Superman/Hype
Strange/GL.

No speedblitzing.

Can swap Supes and MM around if you like, depending on who you think has a lower resistance to mind control. Or even GL.

Strange is pretty susceptible.

Glorificus
Avengers win.

carver9
Originally posted by Konton
Well if Diana takes her bracelets off, she too is empowered by the gods.

True but I haven't seen Diana take out a group like Strange did with ease.

Golgo13
Current WW is too much.

carver9
no expression For Strange?

Golgo13
no expression For Strange?

In general. BB is the weak link for me. He can be handled by anyone on the JLA.

Dr. Matthew
Strange solos.

Golgo13
laughing out loud

DarkSaint85
Originally posted by Golgo13
In general. BB is the weak link for me. He can be handled by anyone on the JLA.

Especially as he wasn't going to tap into the dark power like he did against Sun God et all....look how he was afterwards.

Text-only Version: Click HERE to see this thread with all of the graphics, features, and links.