KMC's The Walking Thread

Text-only Version: Click HERE to see this thread with all of the graphics, features, and links.

MF DELPH

Here's the scenario:

Our real world is hit with a zombie virus like in the Comic/TV Show The Walking Dead. By happenstance our comic devotion happens to allow us all to have one passive, non-offensive power from our favorite comic book character for survival in our real world. For example, if your favorite character is Superman, you would either get Superman's Super-Hearing or Super Vision, if your favorite character was Green Lantern you'd either have indomitable will to survive (Rick Grimes mindset) or a lantern which can be used to produce light but must be recharged 2 hours for every 30 minutes of use after it's initial 24 hour charge. If your favorite character were Spider-man you'd have olympian level agility/parkour talent or a 6th sense about danger (Walker Sense; you'd be able to know when a Walker or other threat was was within 20 yards of your position). If your favorite character is Batman you'd either have superior ingenuity or ninja stealth. If it was Ironman you'd have programming skill or engineering skill. If Wolverine you'd have either an increased sense of smell or tracking ability. If Captain America you'd have strong leadership/inspirational appeal or increased accuracy with object throwing, etc.

Anyway:

Taking into account who your favorite character is, as well as who the favorite characters of your fellow KMCers are, create a 6 man survivor group and predict how long you would survive in the zombie world if the 6 of you all had to meet at some location (starting from where you all are located currently, waking from a coma in your local hospital like Rick did with your newfound trait) and stick together using your abilities in order to survive.

Extra stips:

-No healing factors.
-No weaponry.
-No offensive powers of any kind (super strength, superspeed/time manipulation, energy projection/matter manipulation, telepathy/telekinesis/psychokinesis/etc, forcefields, and any other offensive power/ability are off limits).
-You maintain your own real world physical conditioning and whatever items you have on your person at this time (clothing/shoes, phone, contents of pockets, any food or beverage in your current possession, any bag you might currently have in your possession ).
-You incur any side effects that the use of the powers would inflict on a person who was uninitiated to their use. For example, Superman's super-hearing would cause headaches until you adapted. Super-vision would cause vertigo until you adapted. Spider-man's agility doesn't come with endurance or increased muscle density/wall crawling, etc.

State the members of your team, who their favorite character is and what passive ability they would have in this scenario for your survivor group. Also state what the plan would be in order to communicate with each other and meet up to survive. The people you choose can chime in to clarify who their character is and what passive trait they would choose is.

Discuss.

pym-ftw
Hank Pym's medical/technical knowledge so I could be a major asset to my group of cannibal rapist hill-folk raver

Digi
Finding it hard to top precog (spider-sense). That would negate nearly every death that's happened in the show, with a couple key exceptions.

I assume taking someone's intellect to cure it is against the rules. This thread is about survival, not victory.

Sin I AM
Would misdirection count as offensive? If it does id go for solar energy absorption to replace my need for food and water

zopzop
From Marvel :
Wall Crawling (either from Spiderman, Nightcrawler, etc..). The city or forest is now your playground. Walkers would NEVER catch you and you can avoid humans since they've basically given up on urban areas (because of all the Walkers).

/Thread

Omega Vision
When I read the thread title, I assumed you were trying to launch an alternative to the OTT, Delph.

Digi
Originally posted by zopzop
From Marvel :
Wall Crawling (either from Spiderman, Nightcrawler, etc..). The city or forest is now your playground. Walkers would NEVER catch you and you can avoid humans since they've basically given up on urban areas (because of all the Walkers).

/Thread

Being that close to ALL of those walkers would still be dangerous. You'd eventually slip up (pun not intended) in a city. Forest would be better. Make a series of tree forts or something. That would be cool.

Still, make mine precog.

zopzop
Originally posted by Digi
Being that close to ALL of those walkers would still be dangerous. You'd eventually slip up (pun not intended) in a city.
They'd never catch you. They're slow as hell and have no way of reaching you even if you were a few feet out of their range.

Get yourself a nice sharp metal object 3ish feet long and you can scale the walls, hang upside down from the ceilings, and empty out entire buildings full of Walkers in total safety.

Damborgson
So as Thor I'd gain godlike warrior skills? Beefy pectorals?

zopzop
Originally posted by Damborgson
So as Thor I'd gain godlike warrior skills? Beefy pectorals?
And, currently, as a bonus, you'd get a nice vagina too!

Such a deal this is!

marwash22
me (Batman) - marksmanship.

Pr (Aquaman) - ability to communicate with sea life to keep us fed.

Mindset (Doom) - intelligence.

Blair Wind (Iron Man) - engineering prowess.

Digi (Spidey) - precog.

Delph (Apoc) - teleportation.

LordofBrooklyn
LordofBrooklyn- Superman- Super Vision

Dmills- Nova Prime- Worldmind connection

Bentley- Kang- Access to the entire timeline

Khazra Reborn- Majestic- Scientific prowess

JakeTheBank- DOOM- Will power

Digi
Originally posted by marwash22
me (Batman) - marksmanship.

Pr (Aquaman) - ability to communicate with sea life to keep us fed.

Mindset (Doom) - intelligence.

Blair Wind (Iron Man) - engineering prowess.

Digi (Spidey) - precog.

Delph (Apoc) - teleportation.

thumb up

This team would wreck the Dead-verse. Scratch Mindset and it would work even better.

Originally posted by LordofBrooklyn
Bentley- Kang- Access to the entire timeline

erm

LordofBrooklyn
erm

You hack it out with the rotting fleshbags!

I'll skip ahead to the era of the cure and wipe out the plague!

marwash22
thumb up

This team would wreck the Dead-verse. Scratch Mindset and it would work even better.

mhmm

you're may be right, he'd probably try to make the zombies is loyal subjects.

MF DELPH
Originally posted by Sin I AM
Would misdirection count as offensive? If it does id go for solar energy absorption to replace my need for food and water

Smart choice. Misdirection wouldn't be an offensive power in my opinion. Solar absorption is also a very smart choice. However, you get a passive trait from your #1 character, not any character you happen to like (for example, in my case my top 3 are Sinestro, Apocalypse, and Punisher, but Apocalypse is my #1, so I wouldn't have Sinestro ability to induce/empower with fear, his lantern, or his leadership, I'd be using Apocalypse's passive traits like his skill of demagoguery, survival skills, teleportation, appearance alteration, and intellect (genetics/engineering/millenia of experience).

Also, you don't have any skill with these abilities, you simply wake up with them in the zombie apocalypse with your own current knowledge/physical characteristics/belongings.

And yeah, I'd likely use Apocalypse's teleportation. I was thinking demogoguery as I could become like The Governor, but I don't need that to be a leader. I was then thinking intellect but I'd still need resources and civilization is a wreck.

*edit

However, Marwash, you need to explain how we'd be able to form up with me being on the West Coast and most of us being hundreds of miles apart. How would we coordinate?

Digi
Originally posted by MF DELPH
However, Marwash, you need to explain how we'd be able to form up with me being on the West Coast and most of us being hundreds of miles apart. How would we coordinate?

You're a teleporter, duh!

But yeah, I forgot that was a consideration. I'd actually probably try to stay solo if I started out alone (i.e. no family, friends, etc.)

Martian_mind
I'd take Jonn's intangibility, so that's me set. The rest of y'all can go to hell.

MF DELPH
You're a teleporter, duh!

But yeah, I forgot that was a consideration. I'd actually probably try to stay solo if I started out alone (i.e. no family, friends, etc.)

I'm a teleporter in California with no experience using my power. Teleporting from Oakland to Berkeley or San Francisco in of itself has numerous risks, some you are on the East Coast or Midwest. I'd have no idea where I was going or what was already there when I arrived. And I'd have to always teleport in high to make sure I didn't teleport into anything (wrecked car, building) then teleport to the ground before I fell. It'd be great for supply runs to places where I know the layout. Also for setting up shop in the higher floors of skyscrapers. But it'd have a learning curve.

MF DELPH
Originally posted by Martian_mind
I'd take Jonn's intangibility, so that's me set. The rest of y'all can go to hell.

You'd likely end up killing yourself by phasing and becoming tangible in the ground or with an object inside you in your sleep or in a panic. You don't get the characters skill with the power, just the power. If you wanted J'onn's intellect that'd be a different story, but you wouldn't get his phasing skill/experience.

Martian_mind
You'd likely end up killing yourself by phasing and becoming tangible in the ground or with an object inside you in your sleep or in a panic. You don't get the characters skill with the power, just the power. If you wanted J'onn's intellect that'd be a different story, but you wouldn't get his phasing skill/experience.

In most comics/shows I've seen, people who can become intangible generally have to focus to make it happen. It usually takes a while before it becomes a reflex thing, with only the very first occasion being "Oops, I've slipped through something."

If I'm cautious and take the time to practice, I should be able to avoid any accidental impalements and such.

Mindship
Surfer: the power to pacifistically monologue on and on. Walkers would avoid me.

Failing that, I'd go with Quicksilver speed.

MF DELPH
They'd never catch you. They're slow as hell and have no way of reaching you even if you were a few feet out of their range.

Get yourself a nice sharp metal object 3ish feet long and you can scale the walls, hang upside down from the ceilings, and empty out entire buildings full of Walkers in total safety.

There aren't just walkers that are a threat. There's also groups of armed hostile survivors, criminals, and cannibals.

Estacado
Darkness:
Using shadows as portals and scouting.

Carver (Hulk) super dumb good for bait.
Insane Titan (Thanos) strategy on taking down the enemy and fixin stuff.
Pr (Aquaman) He could make some good tuna sandwich for the team.

zopzop
There aren't just walkers that are a threat. There's also groups of armed hostile survivors, criminals, and cannibals.
But Walkers are the major threat in scenarios like this though.

Sticking to urban areas is win/win for anyone with Wall Crawling in this scenario. The surviving humans shun them because of the insane concentration of Walkers. The Walkers, who are no threat to you, would actually work to your advantage since no human would want to be caught dead in a large herd of them.

Another good passive ability is an amphibious nature. The ability to survive in the ocean or on land indefinitely effectively ends the threat of the zombie apocalypse. Jump into the ocean, find a nice secluded island, live out the rest of your days there. You'd have all the food and water you could ever need.

MF DELPH
Walkers can't operate guns. You could still get shot by a cannibal/bandit or walk into a trap.

Also, re-read the OP. Primarily the Extra Stips section.

zopzop
Walkers can't operate guns.
I know but they still are THE major threat. It's called a Zombie Apocalypse for a reason.

Of course you could, just like any other person with the power stipulations mentioned in your original post. The difference here is you MINIMIZE the threat. By sticking to urban areas (which are HEAVILY populated by Walkers) that survivors avoid and maximizing the usefulness of Wall Crawling in this scenario (by sticking to the high ground).

Wall Crawling would even be useful outside of urban areas because you can scale trees/mountains/hills/etc... and be outside the reach of Walkers. By basically taking Walkers completely out of the equation, you are free to focus on the threat posed by crazed survivors.

Meh to the rest of the Team. It's every man for himself.

MF DELPH
I was referring to Wall Crawling not being available. You don't get the character's physiology Zop, it's just you with an added passive trait, which is why things like super-hearing and super-vision would have initial consequences of sensory overload since you don't have a Kryptonian physique or experience with control. You'd have Spider-man/Nightcrawler/Beast's acrobatic/balance skill, but you wouldn't have their physiology, you'd have YOUR real world physiology. I'm fairly certain, though possibly mistaken, that you, yourself, can't cling to walls in our real world. You could use Nightcrawler's teleportation for travel though, but you'd have to deal with the issues of how that power works.

*edit

Also wasn't aware that Spider-man was your #1 character.

LordofBrooklyn
I notice you jealous rabble are avoiding my Dream Team.

Haterous !@#$%^*

MF DELPH
Well, there's a few logistical issues with your group, LOB.

Bentley is in France so you'd need to find a way for him to somehow get to you in the US or vice versa, as well as communicate. Also, time manipulation is disallowed so at best Bentley would be going mad trying to process all of the data his mind is receiving from viewing the timestream. Dmills is in California and his "Worldmind connection" wouldn't do him any good in a post apocalypse world where there's very little working technology to interface with on Earth, though he could possibly sync up your cellphones so you could communicate with each other (assuming you all have cellphones in your possession, and it would require Mizzle figuring out how to get the satellites and towers working), or commandeer some radio signals to broadcast information (in the show there are still people making radio broadcasts). I believe Jake is in Florida and you are in New York. There's also the issue of transportation and acquiring supplies. You can see very well, but you have your own athleticism and you're in New York, alone, with millions of zombies/cannibals/survivors. Bentley's essentially isolated from the rest of your team unless you can figure out a way to get to Europe, and I'm not sure where Khazra is from.

Marwash's team is all on the same continent and we have me for transportation and B-Dub and Mindset for logistics (once we form up). I believe we all have cellphones as well (I'm in the Bay so unless all electricity has completely ceased, which is unlikely, I'm at the very least going to be able to get to the San Jose/Santa Clara/Livermore/Mountain View area to access Sun Microsystems or Google's main offices and have internet/communications access). The hardest part would be me figuring out how to teleport long distances without killing myself or others by accidentally re-materializing into a building or other solid object. Real world me is smart enough to be able to rally the troops until I can get Mindset Von Doom and B-Dub Starks together in the same place. Hell, I might just bring us all out here to Alcatraz to set up as our base of operations once I get teleporting down. Then PR would have access to the Pacific Ocean with his sea-life communication powers.

marwash22
However, Marwash, you need to explain how we'd be able to form up with me being on the West Coast and most of us being hundreds of miles apart. How would we coordinate? ahhh, that complicates things.

gonna have to think about it.

Sin I AM
I was thinking about divine aura. It's a passive trait and zombies will avoid you while u could gain followers among the living

MF DELPH
Who's your favorite character, Sin? Your #1.

zopzop
I was referring to Wall Crawling not being available. You don't get the character's physiology Zop, it's just you with an added passive trait, which is why things like super-hearing and super-vision would have initial consequences of sensory overload since you don't have a Kryptonian physique or experience with control. You'd have Spider-man/Nightcrawler/Beast's acrobatic/balance skill, but you wouldn't have their physiology, you'd have YOUR real world physiology. I'm fairly certain, though possibly mistaken, that you, yourself, can't cling to walls in our real world. You could use Nightcrawler's teleportation for travel though, but you'd have to deal with the issues of how that power works.
Wait, what? Wall Crawling is disqualified? I could have sworn that it counts as a passive, non combat ability. It's much, MUCH tamer than things other people were busting out in this thread like phasing and teleportation.

But it's your thread and you make the rules. If Wall Crawling is DQed, then what about my fallback? Amphibious nature? It's passive and non combat related (and a couple of interesting characters I like are considered amphibious).

He isn't, but Creeper is big grin He could scale any surface and make a standing 30ft leap but I figured that was too OP for this thread. So I just used his Wall Crawling ability.

I notice you jealous rabble are avoiding my Dream Team.

Haterous !@#$%^*
Your team sucks! stick out tongue

MF DELPH
That'd go against keeping your own physiology, which is the issue. You keep your own body, you don't get Spider-man's, that's also why super-speed and super-strength are off the table, and also why I'm not shape-shifting as Apocalypse.

Also, your favorite character has both wall crawling and amphibian physiology? You don't get to just pick a passive power from any random character, it's one passive non-offensive power/trait which your #1 favorite character possesses (like MartianMind picking Martian Manhunter's phasing, or me picking a trait from Apocalypse, or LOB and Superman).

*edit

Just saw you say your #1 is Creeper. Interesting favorite character. But yeah, no wall crawling.

Bentley
Eh, this handicaps a lot those among us that live in places not surrounded by KMC members. Who is the closest to me here? Any Germans? I could team up with Pr who is at Ireland I guess.

MF DELPH
It's not a handicap, it just takes more planning and strategy.

Also, which passive Kang ability would you choose?

Bentley
It's not a handicap, it just takes more planning and strategy.

Also, which passive Kang ability would you choose?

Either charisma or strategic planning. The strategy would be pretty cool as Kang often works with small limited team to succeed in hard situations, he also knows how to use terrain to his advantage and to deal with potential ambushes, taking care of resources and food, etc.

Charisma in the otherhand allows Kang to be revered almost like a god among his soldiers, this would get me to lead in situations where I would find it very difficult to do otherwise, if there are do or die situations, my followers would go to their death willingly. I could make up for the lack of strategy since I'm not entirely clueless on it myself, but Kang's is ridiculously higher than mine.

Eventually there is inmunity to radiation poisoning and some sicknesses, but the top two previous abilities sound much better. I guess I'd adapt which one is better depending on my team and how difficult it is to get a sizeable group of humans. Strategy is better with a small group, charisma goes a long way otherwise.

Estacado
Originally posted by Bentley
Eh, this handicaps a lot those among us that live in places not surrounded by KMC members. Who is the closest to me here? Any Germans? I could team up with Pr who is at Ireland I guess.
Im from Hungary.biscuits
Fave character: Darkness

Use of shadows as portals.
Great for hidin ,traveling,scouting or surprise attacks.uhuh

MF DELPH
Well, you were drafted by LordofBrooklyn initially. You could always draft your own survivor group if you don't want to roll with LoB.

MF DELPH
Originally posted by Estacado
Im from Hungary.biscuits

Great for hidin ,traveling,scouting or surpirse attacks.uhuh

thumb up

That's two for Team European.

Bentley
Im from Hungary.biscuits

Great for hidin ,traveling,scouting or surprise attacks.uhuh

We should team up, I'll pick strategy, we need some sharpshooting mmm

Edit: Pr likes Cyclops who has incredible aim, that will come handy.

zopzop

Also, your favorite character has both wall crawling and amphibian physiology?
No, if wall crawling was discounted (I'm pretty sure all of Creeper's other abilities would be off limits too, since the Wall Crawling was the least OP), I was gonna go with a different character (Ult Namor) for his amphibious nature. But if that's out too, but phasing and teleportation are allowed, then I'll pick another character I like and go with that.

I choose Cloak's version of intangibility. It's always on unless he wills it off. I'd be untouchable unless I willed otherwise (to hunt food, pick up and carry items, etc.).

Is this allowed? If yes, I'll form the rest of the team.

MF DELPH
Yeah, that's fine Zop.

Khazra Reborn
How about Brit's total invincibility? That's not offensive.

Sin I AM
Who's your favorite character, Sin? Your #1.

In comics? Tough Thor i suppose. But he has no passive abilities that would be useful. Hmmmm i was thinking Darwin's reactive adaptation would be good as it's technically defensive but that's too uber and i don't wanna be cheap. So I'll go with predators camouflage, my military training and years spent on the farm and country already provide me with physical endowments and agricultural experience, plus im pretty good at map reading and can handle myself with a weapon. Id be ok solo

MF DELPH
Originally posted by Khazra Reborn
How about Brit's total invincibility? That's not offensive.

Well, I ruled out a healing factor. Being absolutely invulnerable at all times kinda goes against the spirit of the thread, and I've made physiology rulings, so no, Brit's off limits.

Khazra Reborn
Hmm. How about Nick Fury's infinity formula? Not having to worry about getting sick or old in a long term survival scenario would be really convenient.

Estacado
We should team up, I'll pick strategy, we need some sharpshooting mmm

Edit: Pr likes Cyclops who has incredible aim, that will come handy.
He could be useful for huntin and stuff....mmm
At night we should be unstoppable with shadow portals....uhuh

Reflassshh
I'm currently living in Argentina. Im f*cked, right? sad

However I pick John's sync wave traveling. It's 'An instinctual supernatural ability to be in the right place at exactly the right time. This has led John to uncanny luck, like winning incredible amounts of money from Arcade machines and Casinos. Avoiding harm. And more times than not - to meet the right kind of ally to help prevent or stop an apocalyptic event from happening. This also lets him reshape the battlefield to his advantage.'

It'd help me finding a group to stay with and staying out of the way of hordes/hostile survivors.

MF DELPH
Originally posted by Khazra Reborn
Hmm. How about Nick Fury's infinity formula? Not having to worry about getting sick or old in a long term survival scenario would be really convenient.

That'd fall under healing factor ruling. So no go. Sorry man.

MF DELPH
Originally posted by Reflassshh
I'm currently living in Argentina. Im f*cked, right? sad

However I pick John's sync wave traveling. It's 'An instinctual supernatural ability to be in the right place at exactly the right time. This has led John to uncanny luck, like winning incredible amounts of money from Arcade machines and Casinos. Avoiding harm. And more times than not - to meet the right kind of ally to help prevent or stop an apocalyptic event from happening. This also lets him reshape the battlefield to his advantage.'

It'd help me finding a group to stay with and staying out of the way of hordes/hostile survivors.

Solid ability choice. thumb up

zopzop
Yeah, that's fine Zop.
Then here's my 4 man team :
Me (Cloak) - naturally intangible, need to concentrate to solidify. I'm the "tank"
Insane Titan (Thanos) - genius level intellect across a broad range of disciplines. He's our doctor, engineer, architect, etc...
***Unknown (Solo) - long range teleporter. This is balanced by the fact that he can't teleport TOO far too fast or he'll exhaust himself. He's our supply guy (getting us the stuff we need).
LoB (Superman) - enhanced vision. Either X-ray or Telescopic Vision would do. He's our scout.

***The Solo guy was a board member that mentioned Solo was their fav Spiderman villain. Forgot who it was exactly.

As to the rest of the stips (meeting up at a specific location from where we are now), it's too complicated. Don't remember where these guys are currently residing.

How long would we survive if we ever met up? If we played our cards right, indefinitely. I'm not kidding. We got a nice mix of abilities here.

Bentley
He could be useful for huntin and stuff....mmm
At night we should be unstoppable with shadow portals....uhuh

Some survival skills would be cool, you know any Punisher fan that lives in continental Europe?

If we pick Digi up he could get Jack Hawksmoor's sensorial abilities in a city, making your teleporting skills night perfect (pun intended) in urban areas.

Estacado
Some survival skills would be cool, you know any Punisher fan that lives in continental Europe?

If we pick Digi up he could get Jack Hawksmoor's sensorial abilities in a city, making your teleporting skills night perfect (pun intended) in urban areas.
Krisblaze lives in Norway he also loves Bane who is pretty good in survival stuff...mmm

MF DELPH
Titan's in Europe and LoB is in New York.

Sin I AM
Can we use and power set not just those commonly used in comics? I think druid powers, cleric etc would be useful. Kinda like d&d campaigns. Also mysterio would be great as well. You could have thousands of walkers chasing ghost or eating each other

zopzop
Titan's in Europe and LoB is in New York.
I'm in NY too so there goes LoB. I may have to swap out IS for Quan fear. I'm pretty sure he's in the US.

Think 'unknown'/Solo was from the US too. He can make it to NY. Leaving only Thanos/Quan.

Yeah, I'm happy with my current team.

MF DELPH
Illusions would be fine assuming they can't do harm themselves, just trick/misdirect. No constructs. No offensive spell casting either. If you wanted something like, say plant manipulation, as in being able to make plants bloom/ripen or wither, that'd be fine.

Also, like I said, this is the ability of your favorite character, not just any character. I'm a known Apocalypse Stan (though I'm sane with it) so I'd be using one of Apocalypse's powers. LoB or Abhi would be Superman as that's their favorite character. This isn't about just picking a useful power, it's about getting one of the traits of your #1 favorite character and how you'd use that to survive and thrive in a global disaster.

MF DELPH
I'm in NY too so there goes LoB. I may have to swap out IS for Quan fear. I'm pretty sure he's in the US.

Think 'unknown'/Solo was from the US too. He can make it to NY. Leaving only Thanos/Quan.

Yeah, I'm happy with my current team.

Yeah, Quan's in Ohio.

Wei Phoenix
Me: Cyclop's tactical mind
Delph: Intelligence of Apocalypse
Mindset: DOOM's Willpower
Marwash: Captain America's courage
Carver: Hulk's Ego

No Black man can die first if we're all Black men.

MF DELPH
LMAO

Carver running around thinking he's the strongest there is and punching zombies? Yeah, he'd get eaten rather quickly.

Raisen
Hulk and silver surfer are my favorites. Pretty sure cosmic awareness is not too cheap and can be handy

marwash22
Originally posted by Wei Phoenix
Me: Cyclop's tactical mind
you're gonna get your whole team killed.

maxivitopowe
Europe Team

Me: Spidey sense
Pr: aquatic animal communication
Insane titan: tactical mind
Bentley: charisma
Estacado: shadow portals
Kris blaze: (Banes) survival skills

Then there's DarkSaint85 and One_Angry_Scot

MF DELPH
Is PR's favorite character Cyclops or Aquaman? I know there like 1A and 1B for him (like me with Apocalypse and Sinestro), but which of the two would get the nod?

Lek Kuen
Currently aquaman as The last 6 years of cyclops makes him want to kill all of marvel's staff.

MF DELPH
So fish speak it is.

marwash22
it's a handy power to have when food is in short supply.

i don't think Pr will be amused when he discovers we're reducing him and his favorite character to being our seafood wench.

MF DELPH
Too bad there aren't many Swamp Thing or Poison Ivy fans. Unlimited veggies would come in handy too. Pair with PR for all you can summon fish and chips.

Sin I AM
I considered plant manipulation but it seemed offensive

MF DELPH
Causing plants to bloom or rot is fine. Using plant control to make a tree move and swat a walker would be illegal.

One_Angry_Scot
Originally posted by maxivitopowe
Europe Team

Me: Spidey sense
Pr: aquatic animal communication
Insane titan: tactical mind
Bentley: charisma
Estacado: shadow portals
Kris blaze: (Banes) survival skills

Then there's DarkSaint85 and One_Angry_Scot

Not many non passive abilities for the Sentry. If this is allowed you could use Sentry's Photokinesis to block bullets from rogue survivors.

You could alternatively use it to calm the rest of the team in bad situations. So Insane Titan would remain level headed and not get stressed when we are under attack, so he couldn't make any rash decisions.

Or just help everyone in general to feel safe so they don't make mistakes.

Can't really think of any other truly passive ability for Robert and even then I don't know if this falls into the unusable category that Delph mentioned.

marwash22
what are the rules concerning personality? Are we acting like ourselves, or are we thinking completely logically given the scenario?

i think i have a solution to the problem of getting my group together, but it requires what could be considered scripting.

Lek Kuen
My favorite character I suppose is Iron fist, or atleast was when i followed comics more.

So like Chi senses?

Wei Phoenix
you're gonna get your whole team killed.

Did you miss the part where I said an all Black cast can't die.

Flyattractor
I choose Phase's power from L.E.G..I.O.N.

MF DELPH
what are the rules concerning personality? Are we acting like ourselves, or are we thinking completely logically given the scenario?

i think i have a solution to the problem of getting my group together, but it requires what could be considered scripting.

It's you (your real world personality and physiology/athleticism) with a passive trait from your favorite character. We all act as real world us. If the passive trait is intellect we'd still retain our own personalities, we'd just be very well versed in the fields of study of our favorite character (that actually had real world applications as this scenario takes place in the real world with our real world's resources). Insane Titan wouldn't become Thanos, he'd still have his own personality and temperment, he'd just have Thanos's knowledge of science, engineering, etc. if that was the trait he chose.

MF DELPH
Originally posted by Lek Kuen
My favorite character I suppose is Iron fist, or atleast was when i followed comics more.

So like Chi senses?

Chi senses would be fine.

Originally posted by One_Angry_Scot
Not many non passive abilities for the Sentry. If this is allowed you could use Sentry's Photokinesis to block bullets from rogue survivors.

You could alternatively use it to calm the rest of the team in bad situations. So Insane Titan would remain level headed and not get stressed when we are under attack, so he couldn't make any rash decisions.

Or just help everyone in general to feel safe so they don't make mistakes.

Can't really think of any other truly passive ability for Robert and even then I don't know if this falls into the unusable category that Delph mentioned.

Using photokinesis to deflect gunfire would be off limits. The calming light power would be fair game though. Or Sentry's ability to inspire awe.

One_Angry_Scot
Chi senses would be fine.

Using photokinesis to deflect gunfire would be off limits. The calming light power would be fair game though. Or Sentry's ability to inspire awe.

Yeah I guess so. To be honest I think the ability to inspire and calm is a power enough anyway. I mean (not to derail) but in a lot of zombie films, the biggest problem is people becoming worried or stressed and making rash decisions.

So having the ability to calm tacticians, people based around survival etc would be an awesome ability. You would pretty much have a group of people fighting an Apocalypse with the mood of someone on an average day.

Sin I AM
What about divine powers. Sorta like clerics use?

MF DELPH
Need a better description. Describe the specific abilities you want me to consider and I can give you a ruling on them.

Also, have you formed your survivor group yet?

Raisen
Cosmic Awareness

I still don't belong to a survivor group. Pretty sure people here are leaving me behind to be eaten.

Time Immemorial
Think Orca, then Khan, you have you're answersmile

cdtm
Walkers can't operate guns. You could still get shot by a cannibal/bandit or walk into a trap.

Also, re-read the OP. Primarily the Extra Stips section.

Got to agree with MF DELPH.

The Walkers are just environmental hazards.. Other people are a lot more dangerous.

Think of the end of Dawn of the Dead, when everyones all safe inside the mall, plenty of food, supplies, VHS movies... and then bandits crash the place and let the zombies in.

juggerman
Juggernaut's invulnerability.

Raisen
Originally posted by Time Immemorial
Think Orca, then Khan, you have you're answersmile

bro, it's been a while lol

Time Immemorial
Originally posted by Raisen
bro, it's been a while lol

Time never passes by un noticedsmile

cdtm
I'd take Matt's radar sense over Spidey's precog, personally.

Precog's hit or miss. I'd rather know what's around me at all times.

Raisen
is cosmic awareness just a shitty power or am I on the entire forum' ignore list

Sin I AM
is cosmic awareness just a shitty power or am I on the entire forum' ignore list

No it's good, i think the application in this scenario would suck tho. You'd probably go insane with how much death and pain you'd perceive without being able to do anything about it. A scaled down danger sense would be better on your psyche

Raisen
No it's good, i think the application in this scenario would suck tho. You'd probably go insane with how much death and pain you'd perceive without being able to do anything about it. A scaled down danger sense would be better on your psyche

you're absolutely right. i'm having enough trouble dealing with this hangover, much less all that.

what surfer power do you think would be best?

Sin I AM
you're absolutely right. i'm having enough trouble dealing with this hangover, much less all that.

what surfer power do you think would be best?

Passively? Maybe his lack of need to eat or drink. That'd be helpful. He could use his transmutation abilities to create food for others. His stamina, endurance could be used .

cdtm
He has really good vision. Him and Galactus were up near a sun, and Surfer instantly spotted a location on a planet that Galactus was talking about.

Or just living off of Power Cosmic and never needing to eat anything is a good skill.. Better then solar absorption, since you don't need to be exposed outdoors.

Raisen
Passively? Maybe his lack of need to eat or drink. That'd be helpful. He could use his transmutation abilities to create food for others. His stamina, endurance could be used .

what about his lack of a pee pee?

Raisen
Originally posted by cdtm
He has really good vision. Him and Galactus were up near a sun, and Surfer instantly spotted a location on a planet that Galactus was talking about.

Or just living off of Power Cosmic and never needing to eat anything is a good skill.. Better then solar absorption, since you don't need to be exposed outdoors.

that is an excellent point.

from what I've noticed people are usually killed by large groups of zombies or a surprise...like one crawling underneath a car or in an area that the victim didn't scan.

I believe x-ray vison would be very helpful.

LordofBrooklyn
Team NYC/TRI-STATE show yourselves!

ZopZop and I will lead you to safety!

Raisen
Team NYC/TRI-STATE show yourselves!

ZopZop and I will lead you to safety!

be nice to get a California coalition.

Delph doesn't live far from me at all.

MF DELPH
With the proper passive traits distance isn't an issue, though coordination and logistics might be.

Raptor22
Would multiple multiple mans cloning be allowed? It would be great for getting food/supplies, scouting dangerous places, finding other survivors etc...

MF DELPH
Hmm...

Actually, yeah, that would be legal assuming your #1 favorite character is actually Madrox and you're not simply looking for a useful passive trait to help you survive. This is about getting a trait from your absolute favorite character and trying to survive a disaster with it, but also having to deal with the consequences of having your regular real world human physiology/personality and dealing with the side effects of having this ability in this situation (like having Daredevil's agility but your own regular real world endurance/physical conditioning, or Superman's super hearing and your own human brain to process the increased input). Madrox would be a solid choice, but if one of your clones gets bit you'd be screwed.

Raptor22
For the comic relief alone my middle aged, out of shape clones would be a good choice.

Wouldnt i only become a zombie if i absorbed the infected clone back into myself?

Either way hes not my fav so i guess its moot, but hed be such a good choice if he was. Great for scouting, guarding me while i sleep, id even always have someone to help pass the time when im bored, granted the conversation might get boring always talking to myself but we could always thumb-wrestle or something.

MF DELPH
I was thinking of the issue of a Madrox zombie that self replicated every time it bumped into something (since he was zombified in Marvel Zombies, and became a pack of Wendigo on a separate occasion). One of the dupes being bitten could become a massive herd of zombie dupes rather quickly.

Sin I AM
Need a better description. Describe the specific abilities you want me to consider and I can give you a ruling on them.

Also, have you formed your survivor group yet?

No, i don't think anyone is in my area of the world.

DarkSaint85
FlyAttractor: Lobo's blood clone ability
DarkSaint85: Constantine's luck
SamZed: Spiderman's Spidey sense
Juggerman: Juggy's durability
Abhi: Superman's flight
Pym: Well, Pym's intelligence/gadgets.

Pym coordinates.
Abhi picks us up.
My incredible luck powers (or synchornicity wave travelling) helps tie people together.
Flyattractor is useful for creating diversions - until his clones all start biting each other.
But that's where Russkie Samzed's Spidey sense helps us avoid danger. But with Juggy's durability, that should be a cinch to go on supply runs.

maxivitopowe
Are Fly, Jugger and pym in Europe?

DarkSaint85
Superman's flight abilities should ensure we all get picked up, what with Pym coordinating us with his tech.

With a helmet and a sufficent height, he should be able to make it to me in a few hours. With my luck, I'd probably be in India for a conference at the same time anyway.

I don't know where Juggerman is. Abhi would have to fly with me riding him, and we'd stumble upon him somehow. Doesn't matter too much, as he's capable of being on his own.

Fly's in Germany I believe.

DarkSaint85
Scratch that, remove Fly Attractor and replace with One Angry Scot, and Sentry's pacification power. Assuming it works on people other than the Hulk, no Z is going to attack us.

MF DELPH
You don't get Comic Pym's tech, you'd only get his intelligence and the real world items in Pym-ftw's possession at the current time (clothing, cellphone, backpack, food you're currently consuming).

For example, I, with Apocalypse's teleportation, would have my Galaxy S3 phone, the clothes/shoes I'm wearing, my wallet, keys, bottle of Alo juice and canister of cashews, and that's it. You wake up from a coma in your present state and with your present belongings but with an added passive trait from your favorite character. You wouldn't have Pym's insect communication helmet or anything like that, just like I wouldn't have Apocalypse's armor or tech.

*edit

Also, Abhi maintains his real world durability with Superman's flight, and he wouldn't have super speed or super senses.

Insane Titan
Like the look of team Europes chances.

Good thread Delph thumb up

DarkSaint85
You don't get Comic Pym's tech, you'd only get his intelligence and the real world items in Pym-ftw's possession at the current time (clothing, cellphone, backpack, food you're currently consuming).

For example, I, with Apocalypse's teleportation, would have my Galaxy S3 phone, the clothes/shoes I'm wearing, my wallet, keys, bottle of Alo juice and canister of cashews, and that's it. You wake up from a coma in your present state and with your present belongings but with an added passive trait from your favorite character. You wouldn't have Pym's insect communication helmet or anything like that, just like I wouldn't have Apocalypse's armor or tech.

*edit

Also, Abhi maintains his real world durability with Superman's flight, and he wouldn't have super speed or super senses.

Fair enough!

Is there anyone here a fan of Pre-Crisis Lex stick out tongue

With regards to Abhi, open cockpit planes could get up to 200mph, so in a matter of a day, Abhi could be in the UK (assuming I hadn't fortuitously been in India at the time). We could then head off to Russia to pick up SamZed, who (hopefully) will have his Spidey sense to keep him out of danger. It's all over land, so we should be OK. I've got the passive ability to be in the right place at the right time, so things will work out for us.

Once we have Sam, we can go get One Angry Scot (who, hopefully, wouldn't be attacked by anything due to his aura).

When all three of us are together, then we can leisurely pick others up. I may cut Pym out, and use Insane Titan's Thanos-level intelligence (he's in the UK as well).

That gives me 4 team members. I COULD cheat and use my other fav character, Swamp Thing, for food, but Pr's Aqualad abilities prove too tempting. How to meet up with him, however?
Damnit, Reflash had my idea already.

MF DELPH
I'm not sure the pacification effect will work on zombies as they are brain dead and being controlled by a virus. It'll definitely work to pacify other humans who might try to harm you though (assuming they are in range and don't snipe you from afar).

Also, you don't think random survivors/bandits/cannibals are going to find a flying Indian Man odd and try to shoot him down?

One_Angry_Scot
That's a difficult question really (and a correct one too) but it's one of them things that you can either say because he only used it directly on Hulk it only works on him or due to him using it it works on everything.

I mean you could get into a scientific debate and talk about it slowing down nerve signals (if they really have any) then you could say it could be used that way (with regards to zombies) but ultimately it's up to debate with regards to how it works. But if so just use it for calming humans if otherwise decided. Still a very useful ability for calming other members out of making rash decisions.

Holy damn you cracked me up with that one. Just the way you phrased it.

Could also prove a distraction if he can fly fast enough though

maxivitopowe
Would Shaw's passive absorption work?

MF DELPH
No.

maxivitopowe
Damn

How about mags micro expression reading?

Or his ability to visit the astral plane?

Or his magnetic personality?

(all legit powers he had had)

DarkSaint85
Originally posted by One_Angry_Scot
That's a difficult question really (and a correct one too) but it's one of them things that you can either say because he only used it directly on Hulk it only works on him or due to him using it it works on everything.

I mean you could get into a scientific debate and talk about it slowing down nerve signals (if they really have any) then you could say it could be used that way (with regards to zombies) but ultimately it's up to debate with regards to how it works. But if so just use it for calming humans if otherwise decided. Still a very useful ability for calming other members out of making rash decisions.

Holy damn you cracked me up with that one. Just the way you phrased it.

Could also prove a distraction if he can fly fast enough though

I still want One Angry on my team.

And? evil face

MF DELPH
Max, who is your #1 favorite character?

DarkSaint85
I believe it's Spidey; feel free to correct me.

maxivitopowe
Spiderman/green arrow
Shaw/Mags
Hazmat/vibe/blue beetle/

MF DELPH
Not your top 7, who's your #1? Of those listed, if forced to choose (which you are here) who would you choose as your absolute favorite? Because that's the character you get a trait from. You don't get to pick from a pool to find the best fit for the scenario, you pick a trait from your #1 character. I'm stuck with Apocalypse. I don't get to pick a Sinestro, Punisher, Zod, or Lex Luthor trait that would be most effective because when it's all said and done Apocalypse is my actual #1 above all others.

maxivitopowe
Spidey

carver9
Sebastian Shaw...no need for me to explain what ability i would take. smile

MF DELPH
Ok, so pick one of Spider-man's passive powers. Spider-sense, agility, intellect.

DarkSaint85
Originally posted by carver9
Sebastian Shaw...no need for me to explain what ability i would take. smile

His fashion sense?

The absorption has been ruled out...

maxivitopowe
Agility

MF DELPH
Carver, everyone knows your #1 character is Hulk.

C'mon son.

Text-only Version: Click HERE to see this thread with all of the graphics, features, and links.