Darth Bane vs. Darth Scabrous

Text-only Version: Click HERE to see this thread with all of the graphics, features, and links.

Marco1907
Saber, force all out.

carthage
Feats for Scabrous?

If he's beaten someone above Trainee Sirak, and can TK something better than a table he's got my vote

Emperordmb
Bane stomps.

carthage
I doubt that.

But he might win if Scabrous sucks. I doubt he takes sabers though. Bane is a miserable duelist.

Marco1907
Wildbantha's thread ;

http://www.comicvine.com/profile/wildbantha88/blog/darth-scabrous-respect-thread/98562/

carthage
Might be an even split tbh.

Bane likely can't penetrate his force shield with his TK, and his lightning can be dodged.

ILS
Originally posted by carthage
Feats for Scabrous?

If he's beaten someone above Trainee Sirak, and can TK something better than a table he's got my vote TPM Kenobi just about falls under this criteria lol

carthage
TPM Kenobi is faster than Bane, I'm not sure who'd win in fight between them tbh. Bane is slower than Qui gon, and definitely less skilled. It'd be a good fight between him and Padawan Kenobi. Bane might beat him via lightning but he'd lose the lightsaber duel

The Merchant
Bane.

dies

carthage
I don't think he could beat Scabrous for a majority. No.

The Merchant
What if this was Nexus Bane with Orbalisks?

Emperordmb
@The Merchant You don't actually believe this do you?

carthage
Whatever DMB. Not everyone shares your laughable viewpoint that Bane > Caedus, Windu, and every other sith.

Nexus Bane with Orbalisks would kill Scabrous though, but not by virtue of his own skill.

The Merchant
I wonder if Scabrous with a Nexus would rival Nexus Bane.

carthage
According to the thread he has decent illusions.

While they wouldnt affect Bane long with a nexus he could use them to affect him momentarily and allow him to stab Bane and kill him

WildBantha88
Scabrous looses. He has super strength and super speed and was apparently skilled enough to defeat a sub par Jedi knight whilst completely blind but he is like a drop of water in a well compared to bane

Stigma
Actually, sounds like he trumps Bane in feats . Happy Dance

WildBantha88
Really? And what feats does he have on Bane?

Stigma
You've just mentioned them....

WildBantha88
Okay? Scabrous is physically super strong and he is apparently very fast but I doubt he is fast enough to perform Banes rain storm feat. And he toyed with Rojo Trace while blind but Rojo isnt all that skilled. Bane stalemated the best duelist of the era. So of those feats all Scabrous has on Bane is super strength

WildBantha88
BTW this weird arguing against one of my random unknowns

Stigma
Defeating a Jedi while blind sure sounds more impressive than defeating trainee Sirak cool

Edit: agreed tho, we need more info on Scabrous

WildBantha88
But not stalemating Kas'im

Stigma
Bane was not blind then so the point is moot. Happy Dance

carthage
Originally posted by WildBantha88
But not stalemating Kas'im

He didnt stalemate Kas'im, Kas'im was incompetent and only gained an advantage by using double sabers and Bane didnt beat him by outskilling him. He used a nexus to kill him with the force

carthage
Kas'im wasnt the best duelist of his era, he has no feats or accolades suggesting he was.

Stigma
Kas'im wasnt the best duelist of his era, he has no feats or accolades suggesting he was. But...but....Bane said so!

carthage
Bane would've had to have known every duelist in the galaxy to make that claim. He didnt ergo he is full of shit, and likewise Kas'im has never beaten or held his own against any duelist of that designation

Stigma
This revelation shattters my worldview tbh

WildBantha88
What every you say Carthage. Kas'im is still a lot better than Rojo who only dealing feats is getting defeated easily twice

carthage
Originally posted by Stigma
This revelation shattters my worldview tbh

I know how much you want Bane to be compared with Sith legends like Malgus, Krayt, and Kun but you must do more than beat trainees to reach that point

WildBantha88
He practiced his skills on rain. Krayt malgus and kun couldn't do that

Stigma
Because they preferred real opponents....silly Sith legends.

carthage
A padawan can deflect slow moving raindrops. He was so slow he couldn't even catch every water droplet that hit his saber.

Not to mention any of those three Sith have actually beaten people better than Sirak.

The Merchant
Alright gunna be a bit serious, but that rain feat isn't all that impressive since Blaster Bolts in SW, depending on what source you go with, ranges from being multiple times faster than sound, to being Lightspeed, to being FASTER than Light. I kinda don't like Bane's rain feat all that much since he should be faster simply cause of blaster tech.

DarthAnt66
A padawan can deflect slow moving raindrops. He was so slow he couldn't even catch every water droplet that hit his saber.

Not to mention any of those three Sith have actually beaten people better than Sirak.
Okay, give me a superior feat of a character dodging a similar or greater amount of blaster bolts.

carthage
Originally posted by The Merchant
Alright gunna be a bit serious, but that rain feat isn't all that impressive since Blaster Bolts in SW, depending on what source you go with, ranges from being multiple times faster than sound, to being Lightspeed, to being FASTER than Light. I kinda don't like Bane's rain feat all that much since he should be faster simply cause of blaster tech.

On top of it being just rain, and the fact people keep overemphasizing that all he did was make a shield out of his saber. Which everyone from Ki Adi Mundi, Malgus, and even Qui Gon Jinn have done. That's really all he did. He's never been shown to dodge blaster bolts, and he couldn't even catch the rain drops and had to dodge them lmao.

It's the most overrated speed feat in the mythos.

Stigma
Originally posted by DarthAnt66
Okay, give me a superior feat of a character dodging a similar or greater amount of blaster bolts. If you can dodge 20 turtles cominfg at you doesn' t mean you can dodge a hare running at full speed.

Take that weird analogy as you want lol

DarthAnt66
If you can dodge 20 turtles cominfg at you doesn' t mean you can dodge a hare at full speed.

Take that weird analogy as you want lol
The feat has been calculated with Bane's speed at 860m/s. That's bullet speed during training practice.

Stigma
Blaster bolts still faster.

Edit: was Neph doing the calculations?

DarthAnt66
Blasters still fastee
Probably, but I will need a source for that claim. You have one?
And I need an additional source or example of Vader running faster then that.

DarthAnt66
http://www.wired.com/2012/05/star-wars-blaster-speed/
Average speed of blaster bolt according to this is 35 m/s. no expression

The Merchant
Star Wars Incredible cross-sections state that Blaster Bolts are Lightspeed so that article is moot. One of the novels says that Blaster Bolts move hundreds of Meters in a Nanosecond. And if we go by strict Movie visuals Blaster Bolts have been calculated being Mach 7, I'll try and find that calc and post it on here.

DarthAnt66
Originally posted by The Merchant
Star Wars Incredible cross-sections state that Blaster Bolts are Lightspeed so that article is moot. One of the novels says that Blaster Bolts move hundreds of Meters in a Nanosecond. And if we go by strict Movie visuals Blaster Bolts have been calculated being Mach 7, I'll try and find that calc and post it on here.
Direct quote of lightspeed, because that is ridiculous. We have seen non-Force sensitives dodging them.
I want another quote and source for the novel as well, since I never heard that claim either.

DarthAnt66
"Energy weapons fire invisible energy beams at lightspeed. The visible "bolt" is a glowing pulse that travels along the beam at less than lightspeed. Therefore, targets can explode instants before the "bolt" actually arrives." --Taken from Attack of the Clones Incredible Cross-Sections: The Definitive Guide to the Craft from Star Wars: Episode II

To be honest, I'm taking this (and now the book) with really no value. We have seen Han Solo and Leia dodge lasers in every movie... they aren't moving near lightspeed.

WildBantha88
So is this a hatw on bane discussion or a bane vs scabrous debate?

Stigma
http://www.wired.com/2012/05/star-wars-blaster-speed/
Average speed of blaster bolt according to this is 35 m/s. no expression
In the very same article he states that SW authors made a mistake concerning blaster bolts represented speed.

This is similar argument to "Windu and Sidious fight so slow in the movies".... duh

Also, what the Merchant said thumb up

The Merchant
http://s7.photobucket.com/user/v_ralson/media/tactical_genius/ICS_zps78ab681e.png.html

Do note that Turbolasersare merely super big Blasters, 10 Light-minutes is self-explanatory.

http://www.narutoforums.com/blog.php?b=21866

That's the calculation I was talking about, I'll find the novel later but I think it was in one of the Jedi Academy Books.

EDIT: Oh hey you found the quote awesome. As for Han and Leia dodging Han I only recall dodging Greedo's shot and I'm pretty sure the SE are now non-canon.

DarthAnt66
In the very same article he states that SW authors made a mistake concerning blaster bolts represented speed.

This is similar argument to "Windu and Sidious fight so slow in the movies".... duh

It's nothing like the Windu and Sidious because they have Force-augmentation speed... Han, Leia, and Boba Fett do not. It is impossible for them to move that fast, discussion over.

DarthAnt66
So is this a hatw on bane discussion or a bane vs scabrous debate?
I didn't ask you to talk, so don't. Now back to the discussion at hand.

The Merchant
Bane gets destroyed.

DarthAnt66
Between the double-standards of the Outcasts and the insane views of Killermovies, even Star Wars Forums looks like a better place to be at the minute. roll eyes (sarcastic)

carthage
Its dead there tbh.

Banjo and Sith talk a lot in the chat though.

Fated Xtasy
I didn't ask you to talk, so don't. Now back to the discussion at hand.

Ant, Shut the hell up and quit being a douche.

DarthAnt66
Its dead there tbh.

Banjo and Sith talk a lot in the chat though.
Banjo is Sith.
Sith is talking to himself still, I see.

DarthAnt66
Originally posted by Fated Xtasy
Ant, Shut the hell up and quit being a douche.
:mmm: You weren't suppose to see that, I didn't know you were online.
*looks around* I must be more cautious next time. :iwin: jk jk

carthage
Are you serious?! Haha that's so weird.

DarthAnt66
Are you serious?! Haha that's so weird.
Where have you been, lmfao? He's creepy as ****.

DarthAnt66
:mmm: Fated now using the Hidden Online feature is lethal.

Stigma
:mmm: You weren't suppose to see that, I didn't know you were online.
*looks around* I must be more cautious next time. :iwin: jk jk
Don't worry, by now everyone knows you're a douche...

jk jk smokin'

WildBantha88
I'm going to bed. Bane wins, **** you Carthage and goodbye everyone else. May the Gnost be with you

carthage
miffed

. May the Gnost be with you

DarthAnt66
I'm going to bed. Bane wins, **** you Carthage and goodbye everyone else. May the Gnost be with you
Goodnight furry one. *me makes sure Fated looks as this*

Sinious
**** you Carthage

Just felt like reposting that.

carthage
no u

NewGuy01
I still can't wrap my head around the fact that there are people who don't like Carthage.

carthage
I love you all especially my SWF friends, I would've been there a year if it was still "Active"

Lets all hug and praise at the altar of Board walker

Emperordmb
Banjo is Sith.
Sith is talking to himself still, I see.
Yeah he has some ****ing issues...

carthage
Bane still loses this fight

The Merchant
This is the only forum I've been on that thinks Jedi/Sith don't have Lightspeed+ reactions. Like cereal, even Luke has a relativistic feat in the first movie. Bane still dies BTW.

carthage
Its because the Bane fans here want to justify how pitiful failing to catch rain drops is.

The Merchant
Jax Pavan, a schlub in the Force, dodged a literal Laser from I-5. Not a blaster, proton, whatever, just a good ol' laser.

Emperordmb
I think one of my friends is doing a thread with Jax Pavan.

S_W_LeGenD
Darth Bane should take this comfortably.

Marco1907
I am siding with Scabrous.

Nephthys
Don't worry, by now everyone knows you're a douche...

jk jk smokin'

this but no jk

Bane wins, **** you Carthage

this too.

Text-only Version: Click HERE to see this thread with all of the graphics, features, and links.