Nexus Bane vs. Darth Malgus

Text-only Version: Click HERE to see this thread with all of the graphics, features, and links.

The Merchant
If Bane stomps him Malgus can tap into the Nexus as well. If normal Malgus stomps Nexus Bane, Bane can use his orbalisk armor as well with his Nexus amp, but Malgus can tap into the Nexus against that Bane. Who wins?

carthage
Malgus just ragdolls him until his bones break or chokes him out.

I'm not sure I understand the context of the match though. If there is a nexus, as a darksider both guys would be able to draw on it.

The Merchant
Nexus Bane means only Bane is using said Nexus, the other dark-sider cannot. However if Bane destroys Malgus with the amp then Malgus is allowed to use said Nexus as well.

Nephthys
Bane, even when both have the nexus.

S_W_LeGenD
Malgus solidly. Would be a fight though.

Nephthys
Legend always backs TOR characters over others. If Malgus truly were on nexus!Bane's level he could have demolished the Jedi Temple solo, instead of assaulting it like he did.

S_W_LeGenD
I don't support TOR era characters blindly. I just do not believe in the fallacious perceptions that Darth Bane is like a tank who have no weak points and vulnerabilities.

Malgus have proven himself by defeating really impressive opposition.

Nephthys
Bane having vulnerabilities doesn't mean Malgus is good enough to exploit them or beat him. Malgus also isn't a tank with no weak points and vulnerabilities. Bane is just better than Malgus is. With a nexus amp Malgus has no hope.

S_W_LeGenD
Originally posted by Nephthys
Bane having vulnerabilities doesn't mean Malgus is good enough to exploit them or beat him. Malgus also isn't a tank with no weak points and vulnerabilities. Bane is just better than Malgus is. With a nexus amp Malgus has no hope.
Unlike Bane, Malgus have proven his mettle by effectively tackling really impressive opposition; overwhelmed and struck down class-A swordsmen and Force-users in battles. By virtue of available information, Malgus seems to be relatively superior Force-user and combatant.

Bane doesn't have advantage over Malgus in skill, power and experience; factors that would matter.

Also, a nexus setting would beneficial to both Sith Lords.

Nephthys
Kas'im isn't a competent swordsman now? Bane hid from the galaxy to enact the rule of two, that's why he didn't fight much. He was head and shoulders above anyone from his era, barring Zannah though.

Bane's lightning is superior to Malgus' (disintegrating multiple people), Bane's TK is better than Malgus' (destroying the Lehon Temple, smashing a 30-meter tall blast door casually, disintegrating a dozen technobeasts) and Bane is faster ( too fast for a room of sith to see, looking like he's wielding a dozen lightsabers at once, the rain feat) and as or more skilled and strong than Malgus. He's Malgus' better in almost every way.

The OP specifically said that only Bane is benefiting from the nexus. And he gets the orbalisks if he needs it.

Fated Xtasy
The ****? LeGenD vs Neph? I came in here expecting Carthage vs Neph.

Well, Bane takes this solidly

Nephthys
I don't give a shit about carthage enough to seriously debate him. Don't feed the troll, people.

Nalaniel
Bane solidly.

S_W_LeGenD
Kas'im isn't a competent swordsman now?
Kas'im certainly is. However, both of us are aware of the fact that how this contest ended; Bane got lucky with the setting.

Bane hid from the galaxy to enact the rule of two, that's why he didn't fight much. He was head and shoulders above anyone from his era, barring Zannah though.
Bane didn't had much competition. Malgus however....

Bane's lightning is superior to Malgus' (disintegrating multiple people),
Disintegrating defenseless people with lightning is now something to boast about? Malgus overwhelmed defenses of fully prepped powerful Force-users, and could burn them to ash. Now this is something to boast about.

Bane's TK is better than Malgus' (destroying the Lehon Temple,
That Temple was weakened from bombardment event and was logically far from its top condition.

However, if you are interested in a d*** measuring contest such as this one then one of the Malgus's opponents managed to collapse two buildings around his position and you know what became of him.

Contrary to popular belief, collapsing a structure isn't a colossal task. You damage the foundations or exploit a weak spot and it falls apart.

smashing a 30-meter tall blast door casually, disintegrating a dozen technobeasts)
As if these are beyond Malgus's power? These are childish arguments, Neph.

and Bane is faster ( too fast for a room of sith to see, looking like he's wielding a dozen lightsabers at once, the rain feat) and as or more skilled and strong than Malgus.
Malgus have handled "unbelievably fast" individuals.

Wielding a dozen lightsabers is same as swinging a lightsaber in blur and vice versa. These are lame narratives to appeal to readers, logically they are vague and doesn't prove much.

He's Malgus' better in almost every way.
He isn't.

The OP specifically said that only Bane is benefiting from the nexus. And he gets the orbalisks if he needs it.
Its a strange logic.

Nexus may boost stamina and effectiveness but it doesn't guarantees victory against a superior foe. Malgus consistently kicked @ss of lot of Jedi in the Jedi Temple, a nexus of the light side.

Orbalisks Bane will get his @ss handed to him by Malgus's powers as well.

Bane's best chance of victory is with his lightsaber dueling skills. However, Malgus can handle him even on this front.

Sinious
This isnt an easy fight for Bane but he wins at the end.

Marco1907
Nexus Bane.

Nephthys
Originally posted by S_W_LeGenD
Kas'im certainly is. However, both of us are aware of the fact that how this contest ended; Bane got lucky with the setting.

Bane was still beating Kas'im in a straight duel until Kas'im exploited a weakness that he had specifically created in Bane.

Bane didn't had much competition. Malgus however....

Bane defeated Kas'im, the greatest fighter of the Sith and probably of the age. Githany laughed at the suggestion that anyone could take Bane after he'd defeated Kas'im. He also laughed off Kaan's attempts to mentally-influence him, despite Kaan having very powerful telepathy. And he casually ragdolled the master of the Korriban academy. Just because he faced less competition than Malgus doesn't mean that he wasn't challenged by the greatest Sith or his era and was solidly above them while still far from his peak.

Disintegrating defenseless people with lightning is now something to boast about? Malgus overwhelmed defenses of fully prepped powerful Force-users, and could burn them to ash. Now this is something to boast about.

Yes, it is. It's among the most powerful showings of lightning there is, above Malgus' showings. Bane has also overwhelmed the defenses of Force users btw, despite them being empowered by Battle Meditation (Farfalla). And Malgus never burned anyone to ash, don't make shit up.

That Temple was weakened from bombardment event and was logically far from its top condition.

However, if you are interested in a d*** measuring contest such as this one then one of the Malgus's opponents managed to collapse two buildings around his position and you know what became of him.

Contrary to popular belief, collapsing a structure isn't a colossal task. You damage the foundations or exploit a weak spot and it falls apart.

Theres no indication it was weakened. It stood for a further 2000 years after that bombardment, without any damage from age, I think it was fine.

The Temple of the Ancients is far larger than those buildings would have been.

Saying that just makes Malgus look less impressive, so I doubt you want to go down that road. Especially since Bane did neither of those things and still obliterated the temple in his weakest incarnation.

As if these are beyond Malgus's power? These are childish arguments, Neph.

Maybe they are, maybe they're not. Malgus has never disintegrated anything with the Force so you've got nothing to suggest he could. And I think you underestimate how big 30 meters is:

http://www.itne.de/img/mobilfunkturm_vergleich01.jpg

It was 20 meters wide too btw. Bane made it explode inward with his palm.

Malgus have handled "unbelievably fast" individuals.

Wielding a dozen lightsabers is same as swinging a lightsaber in blur and vice versa. These are lame narratives to appeal to readers, logically they are vague and doesn't prove much.

No one as fast as Bane. And Leneer isn't as strong and powerful as Bane anyway.

And people accuse me of double standards! I'll be sure to remember you said that every time you bust out a feat of so and so being "supremely powerful" or something. Just a vague, lame narrative to appeal to the readers. roll eyes (sarcastic)

He isn't.

You've shown me nothing to suggest otherwise.

Its a strange logic.

Nexus may boost stamina and effectiveness but it doesn't guarantees victory against a superior foe. Malgus consistently kicked @ss of lot of Jedi in the Jedi Temple, a nexus of the light side.

Orbalisks Bane will get his @ss handed to him by Malgus's powers as well.

Bane's best chance of victory is with his lightsaber dueling skills. However, Malgus can handle him even on this front.

http://i.somethingawful.com/forumsystem/emoticons/emot-jerkbag.gif

A nexus can be drawn upon to increase power. With it Bane will destroy Malgus. He doesn't need it to defeat him though. He'd handle him in the Force with his superior lightning and TK and overwhelm him in a lightsaber duel.

The_Tempest
I'm going with Malgus. Beefy should weigh in here.

And people accuse me of double standards!

Rightfully so, but you're not on SWL's level, if that makes you feel better. thumb up

chilled monkey
Who's Nexus Bane?

Kidding. Sorry.

Nexus Bane would be a great name though.

S_W_LeGenD
Bane was still beating Kas'im in a straight duel until Kas'im exploited a weakness that he had specifically created in Bane.
Bane didn't managed to overwhelm Kas'im even with his powers. The collapsing Temple did the trick.

Bane defeated Kas'im, the greatest fighter of the Sith and probably of the age. Githany laughed at the suggestion that anyone could take Bane after he'd defeated Kas'im. He also laughed off Kaan's attempts to mentally-influence him, despite Kaan having very powerful telepathy. And he casually ragdolled the master of the Korriban academy. Just because he faced less competition than Malgus doesn't mean that he wasn't challenged by the greatest Sith or his era and was solidly above them while still far from his peak.
Brotherhood of Darkness really lacked in quality and even its top hierarchy was lacking. Kas'im was the only quality individual in the brotherhood (excluding Bane). Not trying to belittle Bane but Kaan and other Masters were no match for even freshly graduated Bane.

Malgus, on the other hand, had to contend with some of the high quality Sith in history to prove his mettle and he did. He even had a shot at becoming the freaking Emperor and this is really really big.

Unfortunately for you, Bane haven't been tested in ways like Malgus. Even Darth Sidious perceived Malgus as the greatest warrior in galactic history and this guy is really cocky and arrogant at judging others.

Yes, it is. It's among the most powerful showings of lightning there is, above Malgus' showings.
Overwhelming the defenses of a powerful Force-user is a far harder task then disintegrating or killing a defenseless individual.

You understand the difference between the defenseless and defenses of a powerful Force-user?

If Malgus can overwhelm the defenses of a powerful Force-user with lightning and eliminate such a target, it can be reasoned that he would absolutely obliterate a defenseless being with same power.

Bane has also overwhelmed the defenses of Force users btw, despite them being empowered by Battle Meditation (Farfalla). And Malgus never burned anyone to ash, don't make shit up.
Farfalla matches Leener and the powerhouse who collapsed two buildings?

Making shit up? Malgus absolutely ruined and mortally wounded the powerhouse with lightning who collapsed two buildings around him in an attempt to kill him. In addition, Malgus badly injured/burned Leener with lightning but decided not to kill her/reduce her to ash.

You stop manipulating known facts.

Theres no indication it was weakened. It stood for a further 2000 years after that bombardment, without any damage from age, I think it was fine.
This is a matter of common sense. The structure would have weakened after intense bombarding and lack of management.

Bane managed to collapse the structure with a power that couldn't even budge Kas'im. Think.

The Temple of the Ancients is far larger than those buildings would have been.
And you know this how?

Saying that just makes Malgus look less impressive, so I doubt you want to go down that road. Especially since Bane did neither of those things and still obliterated the temple in his weakest incarnation.
See above. Bane's Temple downing feat isn't so grand as you try to make it out to be.

I am just pointing out that even the benchmark of collapsing structures haven't proved as a sufficient indicator of strength to take on Malgus even at his lowest and most vulnerable condition.

Maybe they are, maybe they're not. Malgus has never disintegrated anything with the Force so you've got nothing to suggest he could. And I think you underestimate how big 30 meters is:

http://www.itne.de/img/mobilfunkturm_vergleich01.jpg

It was 20 meters wide too btw. Bane made it explode inward with his palm.
Malgus utterly disintegrated a large column by just pointing a finger at it and not even making an effort afterwards, during his time as Emperor. Saw this in a video.

I am just pointing out that the feats which you are describing are not beyond the capability of a Force-user of the caliber of Malgus. Just because Malgus didn't collapse a building, doesn't means that he cannot do so or even defeat a Force-user capable of doing so. Your haven't learned much from The Third Lesson.

No one as fast as Bane. And Leneer isn't as strong and powerful as Bane anyway.
No one as fast as Bane? Is this your wildest fantasy, Neph?

Leener seems to be more then a match for a Sith Lord of Bane's standards. She did really well against Malgus for a while.

And people accuse me of double standards! I'll be sure to remember you said that every time you bust out a feat of so and so being "supremely powerful" or something. Just a vague, lame narrative to appeal to the readers. roll eyes (sarcastic)
You are comparing apples and oranges here. You focus on the context, not words.

The accolade such as "supremely powerful" in an Encyclopedia Medium implies that the referred Force-user is stupendously powerful in galactic history or one of the most powerful in galactic history or among the top-dogs of galactic history of the top-dog of the galactic history. All of these terms have same meaning.

However, terms such as wielding 12 lightsabers at once, spinning the lightsaber in blur of motion or faster and vice versa are really vague at evaluating speed related limits of a character in question.

You've shown me nothing to suggest otherwise.
If logic and reasoning grounded on official information is not enough, nothing will be. Nothing ever is, when you are debating Bane and Zannah.

http://i.somethingawful.com/forumsystem/emoticons/emot-jerkbag.gif

A nexus can be drawn upon to increase power. With it Bane will destroy Malgus. He doesn't need it to defeat him though. He'd handle him in the Force with his superior lightning and TK and overwhelm him in a lightsaber duel.
Maybe, but how much boost is expected? Once again, benefits afforded by nexus are vague in measurement.

Bane will destroy Malgus is a fairytale that may help you sleep well at night. Malgus can certainly handle threats on level of Bane.

Revanchiste
I was waiting this one for such a long time... And know I cannot choose one winner..

carthage
Malguns wins in spite or all of Nephs crap posts. Bane couldnt even do anything more than send Zannah flying with TK, Malgus can ragdoll him like he did to the strike team until he dies.

Malgus is still better

carthage
Proof Kas'im was the best "Swordsmen" of his era? Malgus defeated Kao Cen Darach at nearly the same age as Bane, and Bane got stomped by Fohargh, Sirak, and resorted to using a nexus to kill Kas'im. Bane has no dueling feats that surpass Malgus killing Satele, beating the shit out of the strike team, and beating Zallow. Bringing up Bane's willpower doesn't make up for the fact Malgus is more powerful and more skilled.

Bane's lightning has never been useful in damaging a force sensiive, never killed a force sensitive, and can be dodged or absorbed by a saber. Malgus doesn't need lightning to kill Bane, he can ragdoll him or beat him in a duel. Why do you insist on showcasing lightning, when has Bane's lightning ever killed a force sensitive on Malgus's level? Never.

You're the only person that thinks the temple was still left standing, Ant beat you in an argument and provided multiple quotes/an image of blaster bolts raining down and destroying parts of it. You're grasping at straws at this point, and Bane was assaulted by the powerful nexus energies of Lehon to the point he had a headache. It's a nexus feat:

Bane never replicated similar destructive power off Nexus, Malgus didn't need a nexus to blow away tons of rubble of two buildings and destroy Republic ships with a scream

Appearing everywhere at once to a powerful force sensitive like Malgus > failing to catch rain drops and moving your saber fast enough to form a shield (which Malgus did).

Malgus's TK is more powerful than Bane, his lightning can be dodged, and Malgus is a better duelist than Bane

Nephthys
I don't give a shit about carthage enough to seriously debate him. Don't feed the troll, people.

DarthAnt66
carthage just beat Nephthys.

Nephthys
Lol u mad.

carthage

Beating you in arguments constantly isn't trolling. Yet you continue to troll others by utilizing your opinions as evidence.

Nephthys
We don't have arguments, carthage.

Also Leneer never appeared everywhere at once to Malgus, you're misremembering.

Nephthys
Malgus also never killed Satele btw, lol.

carthage
I mistyped that hehe.

I meant to say beat her.

Text-only Version: Click HERE to see this thread with all of the graphics, features, and links.