Green Lantern Batman vs Superman

Text-only Version: Click HERE to see this thread with all of the graphics, features, and links.

Jmanghan
Who takes this?

Star428
Why didn't you post this in the vs forum?

Jmanghan
Originally posted by Star428
Why didn't you post this in the vs forum? I'm using KMC through my phone and misclicked Superman and started a new thread without thinking.

juggerman
Batman at least has a chance now but still leaning towards Superdude

Jmanghan
Originally posted by juggerman
Batman at least has a chance now but still leaning towards Superdude Batman is a superior Green Lantern to Green Lantern, considering it's bent on intelligence, willpower, and imagination.

lus, Batman still has all his gadgets and H2H, and yes, he is allowed to use those gloves he used to fight Superman in TDR: Part 2. As well as the armor.

Star428
Originally posted by Jmanghan
Batman is a superior Green Lantern to Green Lantern, considering it's bent on intelligence, willpower, and imagination.

lus, Batman still has all his gadgets and H2H, and yes, he is allowed to use those gloves he used to fight Superman in TDR: Part 2. As well as the armor.

No, Batman's willpower is not superior to either Hal or Kyle or else the rings would've chosen him over them. Batman's willpower is up there but not as high as Hal's or Kyle's. Batman has a much better chance now as other poster pointed out but I still think Clark wins more often than not unless Bruce knows how to make kryptonite with the ring.

juggerman
Batman is a superior Green Lantern to Green Lantern, considering it's bent on intelligence, willpower, and imagination.

So this is TDKR Batman? He still loses

Jmanghan
Originally posted by juggerman
So this is TDKR Batman? He still loses

No, I'm talking equipment. Remember the when in TDKR, he lifted the batmobile, and had those robot super-strength gloves on? He has access to them as well, but both are in their prime. (NO, NOT SUPERMAN PRIME, BECAUSE THEN THIS WOULD BE A SPITE THREAD)

bluewaterrider
Batman's willpower is not superior to either Hal or Kyle or else the rings would've chosen him over them.
Batman's willpower is up there but not as high as Hal's or Kyle's.

It's not solely willpower that decides a Green Lantern's ring performance.

Bruce Wayne's discipline is another dimension worth considering even if you want to argue Hal somehow has superior willpower.

Based
Supes ungodly stomps.

Jmanghan
Originally posted by Based
Supes ungodly stomps. Leave.

Star428
Originally posted by bluewaterrider
It's not solely willpower that decides a Green Lantern's ring performance.

Bruce Wayne's discipline is another dimension worth considering even if you want to argue Hal somehow has superior willpower.

The fact is the ring chose Hal NOT Batman. Sorry if you don't like it but that's the truth. Get over it. If anyone is claiming one character "somehow" (LOL) has superior willpower to the other then that's you because obviously you seem butthurt by the truth.

Insane Titan
superman

juggerman
No, I'm talking equipment. Remember the when in TDKR, he lifted the batmobile, and had those robot super-strength gloves on? He has access to them as well, but both are in their prime. (NO, NOT SUPERMAN PRIME, BECAUSE THEN THIS WOULD BE A SPITE THREAD)

Those gloves allow him to lift the Batmobile. Superman can lift the planet.....

bluewaterrider
The fact is the ring chose Hal NOT Batman. Sorry if you don't like it but that's the truth. Get over it. If anyone is claiming one character "somehow" (LOL) has superior willpower to the other then that's you because obviously you seem butthurt by the truth.

I'm not sure exactly what I'm supposed to be getting over.
Whether pre-Flashpoint or DCnU I've seen Batman take Green Lantern rings at will.

He did so with Hal DCnU, he did so with Kyle DCoU.

I saw Slade do something very similar with Kyle, DCoU, though he was stopped by the efforts of Green Arrow.

I've seen Supergirl, DCoU, or at least a dark "half" of Supergirl, take and use the ring against John Stewart.

So it appears that distraction, pain, surprise, speed, will, and a host of other things regulate how effective a Green Lantern will be.

Reflassshh
Superman takes the ring from batman. A thought based weapon is useless against someone faster than thought thumb up

Jmanghan
Originally posted by Reflassshh
Superman takes the ring from batman. A thought based weapon is useless against someone faster than thought thumb up

Not denying Supes isn't smart, but he'd never think of that on the fly, if he did, he would've done it before-hand when he fought Lantern.

Reflassshh
Not denying Supes isn't smart, but he'd never think of that on the fly, if he did, he would've done it before-hand when he fought Lantern. Superman knows Bruce and how dangerous a Batlantern would be, he'd think of ways to neuter bats without having to hurt him.

Star428
Give Bruce enough experience using the ring and even just a tiny bit of prep before the fight and he can really make Clark work for the win. In that situation, I don't think he'd be able to just take the ring from Bats like that.

Reflassshh
Then it'd be a good fight. But this is a spontaneous encounter unless stated otherwise so yeah, Clark takes it handily.

Based
There are literally no feats for a Batlantern and there's a better chance of him spontaneously combusting over the emotion that he now has to feel. Supes stomps.

DarkSaint85
Batman wins.

Yes, he knows how to make Kryptonite. Yes, he knows Superman's weaknesses.

Text-only Version: Click HERE to see this thread with all of the graphics, features, and links.