Plo Koon vs Darth Maul

Text-only Version: Click HERE to see this thread with all of the graphics, features, and links.

WildBantha88
Who dies from Ebola?

carthage
Maul takes him with some difficulty.

TPM Maul with high difficulty.

TCW Maul-SOD Maul take him with a little less.

WildBantha88
I am going to back koon in this debate since most support is going to goto maul

carthage
By all means, he's an underrated character in spite of being superior to just about everyone on B team. Maul is just faster, more powerful, and more skilled.

Plo would give a good fight though, he might even take TPM Maul I'm not sure.

NewGuy01
Originally posted by carthage
Plo would give a good fight though, he might even take TPM Maul I'm not sure.

Nah, he's good but not good enough.

WildBantha88
Well let's start off with the obvious. Plo Koon defeated ventress, who is slightly lower than Maul with one hand tied behind his back. Plo could take Maul in sabers

carthage
So this is TPM Maul then?

WildBantha88
SOD

ILS
Originally posted by WildBantha88
Well let's start off with the obvious. Plo Koon defeated ventress No, he didn't.

WildBantha88
Yea he kinda did

ILS
Let's see it then.

Emperordmb
Yeah, as far as that feat goes I'm with Bantha. I don't believe however that that is enough to put him above Maul.

ILS
They had an even fight where both of them had moments of success, with Koon disarming Ventress of one blade while Ventress had more success offensively and landed better strikes. In the end Koon didn't defeat her through superior blade-work - he threw a device she needed away telekinetically and forced her to go and retrieve it, thus ending the duel inconclusively.

http://static.comicvine.com/uploads/original/13/138522/3821987-2449211872-26831.jpg
http://static.comicvine.com/uploads/original/13/138522/3821988-6570525662-26831.jpg
http://static.comicvine.com/uploads/original/13/138522/3821989-9229713950-26831.jpg
http://static.comicvine.com/uploads/original/13/138522/3821990-0802620729-26831.jpg
http://static.comicvine.com/uploads/original/13/138522/3821991-7450283532-26832.jpg
http://static.comicvine.com/uploads/original/13/138522/3821992-7788131387-26832.jpg

Koon is certainly a peer of Maul's but he isn't his superior in dueling skill, between Maul being considered one of the greatest Sith duelists in galactic history from numerous sources, fighting evenly with Qui-Gon Jinn with a leg injury, being more than a match for both Jinn and Obi-Wan at the same time, Anoon Bondara being no match for him ect.

ILS
As for the thread itself, I'm backing Maul. According to Jason Fry TCW Maul is everything his TPM counterpart is, just better. I don't subscribe to this statement when it comes to dueling skill because there didn't seem to be much improvement going by feats or logically speaking, but, it makes sense for his Force Augmentation to be greater given his increase in power.

With that said, Maul is more powerful than Koon although perhaps not quite as skilled as him at applying TK in combat, due to Koon's inherent telekinetic skill. He certainly isn't far off, though, because Koon being able to directly TK Ventress/TK opponents without looking at them, is roughly comparable to Maul assuming full telekinetic control of Obi-Wan's body. And in any case, Koon wouldn't be able to defeat Maul with TK due to how even they are, and Maul's durability.

Now, Electric Judgement could possibly be a problem, and I don't think it's ridiculous to assume Koon would use it occasionally. The problem is he holds back the full power of this ability and has never been shown using it in a duel - and he has had more than enough opportunity to do so with his bouts against Ventress and Savage. That, and Maul's legs didn't short out after Dooku shocked them, so it's questionable if Koon would do anything other than wear Maul down with this ability - and that's if he uses it.

Maul also has a legitimate edge with his martial arts. Koon has a very poor track record against skilled martial artists, i.e, Ventress and Savage both landing martial strikes on him. There's no reason in my mind that Maul can't do the same.

Lastly, Maul has Koon beaten in every physical area, and also doesn't have a mask to worry about coming off. This only adds to his list of advantages.

Maul wins, in a good fight.

carthage
She definitely got the best of him, him hurling that device was an act of desperation.

Also ILS, this is SOD Maul

ILS
I know. That's why I referenced his prosthesis and Jason Fry's statement.

Edit: But yeah, Maul has better saber/martial feats than Plo during TCW/SOD as well, between dueling evenly with Kenobi twice, wrecking a somewhat inexperienced Savage with martial arts, contending with Windu and Secura simultaneously ect

carthage
Plo seems to have a solid defense if he can take a battering like he did in scans 2-4, but if Maul got that same kick that Ventress did- Plo would be downed or heavily injured. I think its safe to say he has good defense against lightsaber blows, but he got kicked by Ventress and booted by Savage. I don't see him taking Maul's physicality too well, especially since he's faster and more inclined to strikes than Ventress.

ILS
Agreed - what's worse, Maul's metal legs are going to cause a lot more damage than organic ones. He's also stronger than his TPM incarnation as per Fry, and a lot of his good strength feats happened without Force Augmentation.

ILS
I bet if reti4 read this thread his brain would implode from how much sense we're making.

NewGuy01
ILS, I just noticed the respect threads in your sigs. I myself was going to make a Savage respect thread, so I looked it over and noticed you were missing what may be his best feat of durability: As he's deflecting the omnidirectional blaster fire, about a half dozen shots get through, and then right before he unleashes his force wave he tanks nearly a dozen more, and is still able to run to his ship.

carthage
Irrelevant tangents ftw thumb up

Looking at some of those fights, I've had to lower my opinion of Plo somewhat. Granted, both Ventress and Maul are exceptional duelists- I didn't recall that he gave much ground to Ventress. Savage likewise didn't do as poorly as I recalled, he forced him back held his defense strong, and just used the mask move as a coup de gras.

ILS
Originally posted by NewGuy01
ILS, I just noticed the respect threads in your sigs. I myself was going to make a Savage respect thread, so I looked it over and noticed you were missing what may be his best feat of durability: As he's deflecting the omnidirectional blaster fire, about a half dozen shots get through, and then right before he unleashes his force wave he tanks nearly a dozen more, and is still able to run to his ship. I think I highlighted in there somewhere that he's basically blasterproof, but I guess I can update it to make a more pronounced point of it. Although Savage's armor is a big part of him surviving blaster bolts. Him tanking the impact of them without slowing down is impressive though.

Dionysus
Originally posted by ILS
I bet if reti4 read this thread his brain would implode from how much sense we're making. thumb up laughing

carthage
Lmfao

Malgus vs Kenobi video just came out.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=QErgpg1P-Yk&list=UUveTfx82Plnae-kvdD5XTvw

ILS
Watching it right now.

They really suck at differentiating between physical stats, or actually knowing enough about characters to be drawing conclusions on them. Kenobi is faster than Malgus, which they failed to realize.

carthage
Yeah, he doesn't go into Kenobi's speed feats as well. Malgus is roughly as fast as Jinn who is slower than ROTS Kenobi by a bit.

I think they're overemphasizing stupid shit like durability, weapons, and cybernetics lmao.

ILS
They more or less got the Force abilities section right, although they mistook Kenobi's use of Deflection for telekinesis.

Have you ever noticed that they don't have a firm grasp over the fact Force Users are blatantly superhuman? Like they'll use phrases like "nearly preternatural" or describe things as "superhuman" - well no shit, of course they are superhuman, that goes without saying. They seem to find it to be exceptional for a Jedi to be superhuman when just about all of them inherently are.

Edit: Yeah, they overemphasize stuff that doesn't matter in the slightest. Some of them go on ridiculous conjecture-filled tangents about lightsaber forms and hilts. I mean, yes, if it's something like Kenobi's Soresu vs Grievous' form, or Makashi vs Shii-Cho, then you should mention Form, but most of the time Form has nothing to do with it unless there's some kind of conflict which favours one over the other.

carthage
Originally posted by ILS
They more or less got the Force abilities section right, although they mistook Kenobi's use of Deflection for telekinesis.

Have you ever noticed that they don't have a firm grasp over the fact Force Users are blatantly superhuman? Like they'll use phrases like "nearly preternatural" or describe things as "superhuman" - well no shit, of course they are superhuman, that goes without saying. They seem to find it to be exceptional for a Jedi to be superhuman when just about all of them inherently are.

Edit: Yeah, they overemphasize stuff that doesn't matter in the slightest. Some of them go on ridiculous conjecture-filled tangents about lightsaber forms and hilts. I mean, yes, if it's something like Kenobi's Soresu vs Grievous' form, or Makashi vs Shii-Cho, then you should mention Form, but most of the time Form has nothing to do with it unless there's some kind of conflict which favours one over the other.

I was just gonna bring that up they thought deflection was tutaminus. ****ing Jensaarai doesn't even go into Malgus's best TK feats, Jensaarai said his durability was his best asset lol.

ILS
LOL Antoine just said that he believes no duelist during the CW era could defeat Kenobi in a saber duel barring Sidious or Yoda.

Jesus Christ.....

Dionysus
It wasn't really that bad. They could have done a lot worse.

Dionysus
Originally posted by ILS
LOL Antoine just said that he believes no duelist during the CW era could defeat Kenobi in a saber duel barring Sidious or Yoda.

Jesus Christ..... Antoine is Reti4's *****.

ILS
Yeah so in the dueling category they failed to bring up any actual feats and accolades and instead went on an absolutely ridiculous tangent about their Forms. In their verdict they're claiming Malgus is on-par with Obi-Wan. Funny stuff.

Scratch that: They gave Malgus the edge as a duelist.

I'd love to make a youtube channel and just slaughter every video they make with a response video, or better yet get them in a forum debate.

carthage
Jensaarai is the worst imo..

He goes into personal speculation regarding the minutiae of Malgus's style, as opposed to his accomplishments in skill. He also said Malgus was weak against physical strikes, and used Malcom catching him off guard as an example lol

ILS
Yeah, he used Malcom as an example as well as Satele kicking him while he was defending against Darach's saber throw.

carthage
Their analysis of Kenobi's tactics are horrible... lol

Dionysus
Originally posted by ILS

I'd love to make a youtube channel and just slaughter every video they make with a response video, or better yet get them in a forum debate. Weren't you actually going to do that? I heard some rumors through the grape vine...

carthage
Yeah, I stopped at the outcome. While I think Malgus would win it woulldn't be by overpowering Kenobi physically or outdueling him.

When they said "lets imagine this fight" they do that in every duel, as opposed to go by who has the better showings. Also that part where Antoine said no duelist other than Sidious or Yoda could take Kenobi is hilarious, Maul is slightly more skilled, faster than Malgus, and a better duelist and has the same offensive force advantage Malgus would in a duel.

Great job Youtube guys thumb up

ILS
Originally posted by Dionysus
Weren't you actually going to do that? I heard some rumors through the grape vine... I got started on making my first one but I've had computer problems since then.. I may pick it up some time in the future but there isn't much I can do right now. Plus I hate my voice, lol.

carthage
You can always have Reti4 narrate your videos.

ILS
Yeah, I stopped at the outcome. While I think Malgus would win it woulldn't be by overpowering Kenobi physically or outdueling him.

When they said "lets imagine this fight" they do that in every duel, as opposed to go by who has the better showings. Also that part where Antoine said no duelist other than Sidious or Yoda could take Kenobi is hilarious, Maul is slightly more skilled, faster than Malgus, and a better duelist and has the same offensive force advantage Malgus would in a duel.

Great job Youtube guys thumb up Ikr? Mace Windu, Count Dooku, Anakin without CIS, Maul for either a stalemate or slim majority, hell even Ventress on any given day, are all capable of defeating him. And he should lose to Grievous if he was lacking a lightsaber form advantage.

I am seriously dreading Antoine's Darth Maul vs Anakin Skywalker video.

ILS
You can always have Reti4 narrate your videos. I'd sooner slit my wrists.

Lol'd though. Jensaraii can't commentate his own video but he can commentate to tell us he can't.

WildBantha88
Holy shit. Good old jenny went an entire video without bashing Zannah or Yoda. I'm impressed

carthage
Zannah is fodder, granted Tholme probably couldn't beat her. Hmm.

ILS
Originally posted by ILS
I got started on making my first one but I've had computer problems since then.. I may pick it up some time in the future but there isn't much I can do right now. Plus I hate my voice, lol. Scratch that, I just found what appears to be some decent video editing software... videos may be a possibility yet.

ILS
My first video would be Darth Maul vs Plo Koon, just to rustle some youtuber jimmies.

carthage
So many videos need to be redone.

Bane vs. Malgus
Malgus vs Dooku
Jaina Solo vs. Darth Plagueis
Satele Shan vs. Darth Maul
Vader vs. Bane lmao

Tons of horrible stuff.

Emperordmb
Originally posted by ILS
My first video would be Darth Maul vs Plo Koon, just to rustle some youtuber jimmies.
http://2.bp.blogspot.com/-DGGcdZ4KYbA/T5FeDLPuJJI/AAAAAAAACKo/2ofTef2oC0w/s640/good-good-let-the-jimmies-rustle-through-you.png

ILS
Vader vs. Bane lmao big grin

Dionysus
Do an Asajj vs. Ti video, ILS.

carthage
Originally posted by ILS
big grin

And Malgus too.

Malgus loses due to his armor and cybernetics lmao.

Antoine ****ed him over in that video, in spite of Malgus being a better duelist and more powerful.

He raped Vader even worse.

ILS
Antoine has been improving to be honest, and you can't always get everything right.. but youtubers have fallen into a bad debating pattern when it comes to SW that needs to be broken.

ILS
Originally posted by Dionysus
Do an Asajj vs. Ti video, ILS. Eh, maybe.

carthage
laughing out loud

ILS
Lmfao

Text-only Version: Click HERE to see this thread with all of the graphics, features, and links.