Dragon Ball Xenoverse (XV)

Text-only Version: Click HERE to see this thread with all of the graphics, features, and links.

Jmanghan
Played the Network test with my buddy Thundershot, and SlyFoxC, I can honestly say it was amazing, I can't wait to play it again.

Here's a trailer: watch?v=DoyvujFWUaE

Jmanghan
Some gameplay between me, and my friend thunder, and a few of his fans: watch?v=cUedEaLIBVU

(I am Darskul)

Quincy
Is it super rad or what?

Jmanghan
Originally posted by Quincy
Is it super rad or what?

Hellz Yah.

Jmanghan
Some (A bit outdated) gameplay: watch?v=6XC9BebbxWA

Jmanghan
Also, if you're wondering why the Graphics look different on Thundershot's gameplay, it's because the Network Test was on PS3 and no other consoles, no next-gen yet.

Jmanghan
Bump, since there are full playthrough's now.

Quincy
kinda really want to play this

Jmanghan
kinda really want to play this If I had you on PSN during the network test, I could've gameshared, sorry dude xD.

Quincy
boom Dragon Ball Z: Idainaru Dragon Ball Densetsu

Nemesis X
Xenoverse is extremely overlooked here for being viewed as just another DBZ game and not as big as the AAA brands. Customization's impressive. Over 200 skills and 400 armor pieces for your custom character and they're not even micro-transactions which in this dark age of gaming is pretty cool. Combat even looks smoother and a lot more fast paced than in Battle of Z. I'm actually considering buying this.

BlackZero30x
I wanted this game but imo the only thing it is missing is free roam. Like All over earth and Namek...ect. If it had that it would have been a day one buy.

Nemesis X
Won't deny that free roam would've been a nice touch being able to at least travel from the woods to West City that can house even more players than in what would be best described as a Destiny tower.

BruceSkywalker
im just gonna be Goku big grin

Jmanghan
Eh, its the small things that matter to me, no custom soundtrack for ps3 users. No selectable modes. With friends, this is hands-down, the best dbz game you'll ever play, alone, the story falls flat, everything feels weird, and out of place.

Quincy
how is the game play J?

Jmanghan
Oh, during the beta, I was having a blast, it was exponentially fun, I'll give it this, it's better then Ultimate Tenkaichi, Battle of Z, and MAYBE Burst Limit.

Quincy
burst limit was so underrated

Nemesis X
Xenoverse has so many players, Namco's servers freaked. Everyone's pissed.

Bro SMASH

Yeah, it sure was.

Ridley_Prime
Prolly because it was a huge step back after the previous games, and it only went downhill from there for awhile IMO. Didn't Burst Limit even lack the Majin Buu arc and characters from that saga? Lazy.

Originally posted by Nemesis X
Xenoverse has so many players, Namco's servers freaked. Everyone's pissed.
Namco's servers could hardly handle Battle of Z (at least when it came to multiplayer), so I guess it shouldn't be much a surprise.

Jmanghan
So, after completing the story, I have to say... I really enjoyed it, if you like DBZ, pick it up at full price. I'd even recommend this to someone who doesn't like DBZ.

Dramatic Gecko
Oh guys post your custom characters up I wanna rate their style.

Ridley_Prime
Originally posted by Jmanghan
So, after completing the story, I have to say... I really enjoyed it, if you like DBZ, pick it up at full price. I'd even recommend this to someone who doesn't like DBZ.
I'm still kinda burned out from DBZ games in general with the amount I had gotten over the years, so whenever I get one now, there has to be something about it that really really appeals to me, like the co-op did with Battle of Z. And this isn't the first DBZ game where created custom characters was a thing, though it seems to have come kind of a long way now compared to how it was in Ultimate Tenkaichi or something, so that's a plus...

Right now this game is still on my "considered" list. If it gets a DLC pack pertaining to the upcoming Revival of Frieza movie, then I'll be even more likely to get it. If not, then I might wait to get the next big DBZ game that comes along sometime after the Frieza movie. I dunno...

Was told Joe was gonna do a review on this game sometime, so might help make up my mind as I get more insight on the game from that.

Quincy
Originally posted by Ridley_Prime
Prolly because it was a huge step back after the previous games, and it only went downhill from there for awhile IMO. Didn't Burst Limit even lack the Majin Buu arc and characters from that saga? Lazy.

Namco's servers could hardly handle Battle of Z (at least when it came to multiplayer), so I guess it shouldn't be much a surprise.

Oh I thought it was a total return to form. I've never cared for the gameplay of the Tenkaichi series, and critically that seems to be the popular opinion amongst reviewers.

Burst Limit was like the next iteration of Budokai

Ridley_Prime
Oh, I can understand appreciating it from that aspect then.. If Burst Limit had done pretty much everything Budokai 3 did but better along with having a bit more stuff I don't think it would've been so underrated... I just don't get why they would take a step back with that game by omitting the Buu saga characters.

And definitely see where you're coming from on the Tenkaichi games. Even though they grew on me once I got used to the gameplay, they (for the most part) aren't that memorable to me or have the kind of nostalgic value like the Budokai's, except for adding some of the extra characters we never had before like King Cold. Would still take 'em over like the Raging Blasts though.

Quincy
Agreed. I know it was a big deal that the rosters were advertised as "MASSIVE!" but, they were just the transformed versions of characters. Few things felt as good as earning the energy to go Super Saiyan and transform MID-Match.

Jmanghan
Okay, so I'm a lvl 71 balanced Earthling, still can't beat Bardock's story. Also, best way to get exp is to do the final mission of the main story, you'll lvl up every time you beat it, even at level 71, I still only have to do it 3 times to level up.

Jmanghan
I'm still kinda burned out from DBZ games in general with the amount I had gotten over the years, so whenever I get one now, there has to be something about it that really really appeals to me, like the co-op did with Battle of Z. And this isn't the first DBZ game where created custom characters was a thing, though it seems to have come kind of a long way now compared to how it was in Ultimate Tenkaichi or something, so that's a plus...

Right now this game is still on my "considered" list. If it gets a DLC pack pertaining to the upcoming Revival of Frieza movie, then I'll be even more likely to get it. If not, then I might wait to get the next big DBZ game that comes along sometime after the Frieza movie. I dunno...

Was told Joe was gonna do a review on this game sometime, so might help make up my mind as I get more insight on the game from that. The base game is reminiscent of Revival of F.

Jmanghan
The new update literally single-handedly broke my ps3. It froze up during an install, had to shut it off by pulling the plug out, and tried restoring the data. Now, my ps3 is stuck on a black screen directly after finishing the restore. I think I have to get a new one now, with a new hard drive, without all my game data that I've put into years upon years of gaming, THANKS NAMCO!

Quincy
Damn dude

Jmanghan
I do have this to say, the game is addicting, it kept me up all night trying to beat the sometimes unforgiving difficulty of a story, with multiple collectibles, side-quests, mentors/masters, combat that isn't fantastic or deep, but still kinda fun.

This game is pretty good, and if my ps3 was working, it'd be the game I was playing. I still am thankful I got this game, though for now I guess I have to settle for playing... Battle of Z on my PS Vita.

Jmanghan
Oh, and online play is an absolute delight, better then most online experiences in general, when you can GET online, that is. I can say this much, they've come a long way since the network test, as no one, including myself, could connect with each other for hours, which was a major annoyance for the 1-day network test with the realization we would not get the actually game till February 2015.

BloodRawEngine
Online play is definitely the way to go for the later Parallel Quests. I had spent ages on one of them trying to get a certain skill by meeting the secret stipulations, and my group and I managed to make quick enough work of the enemy to trigger the bonus fight and in doing so, I unlocked Super Dragon Fist, which has immediately become one of my favorite Strike skills thus far.

On the note of skills, I have to say that the ones you learn from Cell when taking him on as a mentor are really effective for close-range fighting, namely the first two you're likely to learn--All Clear and Gravity Impact. Both are single-hit but have a wide range and high damage. I'm aiming to go for more quests to unlock the Z-souls I need in order to continue training with some characters (though that, combined with the game's asinine RNG for everything, is just a horrible idea).

And am I really the only one who found the story mode almost piss-easy? Or was I just overleveled? I'm at level 67-68 right now for what it's worth, but I was at least ten levels below that when I first beat the game. I re-did the final boss earlier tonight and got the second scenario where if you don't take too much damage, Goku doesn't show up to help you fight Demigra's final form, but on a thematic standpoint, I kinda prefer when he does. Getting a Z-soul esque support from five of the Z fighters all at once is a cool scene too though. It really drives home the satisfaction of having fought alongside what are many fans' childhood heroes/icons

Most all the flaws I have with the game are remedied well enough by simply leveling up properly and utilizing the online multiplayer (again, finally got Super Dragon Fist), and I really only wish there was a selection for background music in each stage. Also, while they managed to get FLOW's remake of Cha-La Head Cha-La, I'm disappointed that their song Kibou no Uta/HERO from Battle of Gods wasn't in this. Really dig that song.

Jmanghan
Can you imagine "Hero" playing during the final boss fight. Say what you want, a lot of the story mode was easy, but when you had to fight Beerus and Whis at the same time with Trunks that stuff was impossible, I got past it, but even at my last level (75) it was still tough, keep in mind, I did that back in my lvl 40 range.

Nemesis X
GINYU'S BODY SWITCH IS OP!

Today I finished Ginyu's missions and unlocked his body switching technique and can switch a player's character with my own along with skills and health. Holy crap what were the developers thinking? I thought I was just gonna unlock Burter's hurricane or something. This is ridiculous haermm

Jmanghan
Originally posted by Nemesis X
GINYU'S BODY SWITCH IS OP!

Today I finished Ginyu's missions and unlocked his body switching technique and can switch a player's character with my own along with skills and health. Holy crap what were the developers thinking? I thought I was just gonna unlock Burter's hurricane or something. This is ridiculous haermm It's not a OP if your character at is already OP.

Nemesis X
Originally posted by Jmanghan
It's not a OP if your character at is already OP.

Clock is down to the last few seconds. My health is low. I switch and now have my opponent's bar. Time runs out. I win having the most health.

I suppose it's good having the technique actually. I've been coming across some cheap Broly players.

Jmanghan
Does anyone know if your character gets saved to your HDD, or to the Namco servers? Just had to format my HDD to fix my ps3.

Jmanghan
That ending was epic, wonder if there will be some DLC with Mira and Towa.

BloodRawEngine
I remember seeing some vids suggesting that they might be playable in a DLC pack. Not sure how they'd work Towa in seeing as how she never even threw a damn punch.

Jmanghan
Towa is in the game's code as a playable character, this come's from my friend Thundershot who talked to SergioM3.

Sergio is an advanced hacker, who got into the network test's code and leaked the roster, among various other things, as well as special costumes.

Jmanghan
Almost level 70.... again...

Nemesis X
So which characters does everyone got as their masters? I let Android 18 and the Ginyu Force train me. Both their skills seem to really coincide well with my Majin.

Jmanghan
Beerus is my master.

Maybe we can get some screencaps of custom characters or even post some "how to make so-and-so" formulas.

Jmanghan
So, I've reached the level cap, which is level 80.

Though even now its doubtful that I can beat Bardock's story.

Oh, and also, if you decide to make an Earthling, you can use the Kaioken transformations. You get Kaioken, Kaioken x3, and finally Kaioken x20.

I'm sure they will raise the level cap for the DLC, as well as add a Kaioken x100.

But, keep in mind, you need MOUNTAINS of Stamina to be able to use Kaioken x20.

Jmanghan
Ok, so this is one of the games I actually want to 100% complete.

Also, you can unlock really hard quests by doing them online with others after you've completed that part of the story, after that, create a match and do the same thing.

Jmanghan
Does anyone know how to make the EXACT characters from the trailer?

Dramatic Gecko
You sound you really enjoy this game.

Nemesis X
Well it is arguably better than most of the AAA games that came out this year so far and the one before.

Jmanghan
Yeah, it's Ultimate Tenkaichi, mixed with Budokai, mixed with Battle of Z, but it's done completely right, I finished the story days ago and I'm still hooked on it.

Trying to level up my trailer-character.

Jmanghan
Still loving this game, if you like DBZ, you WILL like this game.

There's no "maybe".

You WILLLLL like this game, no doubt about it.

Nemesis X
Knock it off.

Jmanghan
Shush, you. I'm posting pictures.

Lek Kuen
You're spamming

Jmanghan
I'm not trying to, I wanted to post my progress in every regard.

Martian_mind
I just picked this up, and i'm having a blast. I went Namekian, named him Saxophone. Seemed the right thing to do.

BlackZero30x
lmao.

and yeah if you want people to know all your progress Jmanghan maybe make a photo bucket and put a link under your Sig because putting up pictures like that can get you in trouble.

Jmanghan
Like anyone's to take the courtesy to click on a photobucket link just to say how my character progress is going.

Are you high, bruh?

BlackZero30x
Im just trying to give you another option because posting pics in that quantity will just get you in trouble and possibly banned.

Jmanghan
Eh, spamming is more meant to be obnoxious, appreciate the concern though.

Jmanghan
So, yeah. Mira and Towa are now playable.

I feel like the DLC's weren't long enough :/

Jmanghan
Ok, so the new DLC added some costumes based off Resurrection of F.

AS well as a new level cap, which is 99.

Ridley_Prime
Was hoping there'd maybe be more to the Revival of F content than just costumes/skins, but at least it's free apparently and they have different in-game stats to boot, from what I read.

Jmanghan
Was hoping there'd maybe be more to the Revival of F content than just costumes/skins, but at least it's free apparently and they have different in-game stats to boot, from what I read. I mean, I haven't checked what it is, so I can't confirm.

Text-only Version: Click HERE to see this thread with all of the graphics, features, and links.