Al Sharpton's Unpaid Taxes

Text-only Version: Click HERE to see this thread with all of the graphics, features, and links.

Time Immemorial
Looks like Al's in trouble with unpaid taxes.

http://www.nytimes.com/2014/11/20/nyregion/sharpton-criticizes-new-york-times-report-on-unpaid-taxes.html?_r=0

Omega Vision
I get the feeling most of the people you vote for have tax shelters and/or underreport their assets.

Time Immemorial
Originally posted by Omega Vision
I get the feeling most of the people you vote for have tax shelters and/or underreport their assets.

You sound like a anarchist.

Time Immemorial

Im guessing you also think Al Sharpton should not have to pay taxes from this response.

Omega Vision
Originally posted by Time Immemorial
You sound like a anarchist. Originally posted by Time Immemorial
Im guessing you also think Al Sharpton should not have to pay taxes from this response.
Jesus Christ, strawman much?

Time Immemorial
Jesus Christ, strawman much?

This was straw man, because it had nothing to do with OP.

Time Immemorial

Wait so tax shelters are illegal, but not paying taxes is legal. What are you trying to say here.

Should we go through the people in the Obama Administration that have had tax-problems?

Astner
Jesus Christ, strawman much?Originally posted by Time Immemorial
A straw-man is the refutation of a misrepresentation of an argument. You just asked a question.

rudester
Wgaf I mean come on really.

Omega Vision
I was suggesting that conservatives tend to be as dishonest with their taxes as liberals. The paradox is that the more money people have, the less they tend to pay because there are so many ways to cheat the system if you have the funds and know-how to do so.

If you want my opinion on Al Sharpton, I think he's a tactless provocateur, but I'd argue that the way you're using him here is AS A STRAWMAN for the entire Democratic party/Left.

Originally posted by Astner
A straw-man is the refutation of a misrepresentation of an argument. You just asked a question.
A strawman is the misrepresentation of an argument so that said argument is weaker and thus easier to attack than it actually is.

Astner
A strawman is the misrepresentation of an argument so that said argument is weaker and thus easier to attack than it actually is.
So explain how this...
... is a straw man.

Omega Vision
Originally posted by Astner
So explain how this...

... is a straw man.
It's exactly a strawman because he's trying to frame my argument for me and put words into my mouth to make me seem ridiculous.

Time Immemorial
Ok let's start over

Text-only Version: Click HERE to see this thread with all of the graphics, features, and links.