Was the dagger of mortis the only way to kill the ones?

Text-only Version: Click HERE to see this thread with all of the graphics, features, and links.

Fated Xtasy
So, after talking with a good friend of mine last night about the Ones of Mortis, A thought occurred to me, was there a different way to kill the ones?

So, if you've played KoTOR 2, you remember that Meetra Surik(and Nihilius i think?) had the potential to become a large wound in the force that could bring about the "Death of the force". an echo that would continue until all who heard it would be deafened by it and eventually, killed. So, if Kreia had succeeded in creating such a Wound/Echo, would she have possibly been able to kill the Ones?

Again, I'm very curious about this and I'd much prefer if we kept the "Outdated s0urce1!!. Does not compute!!" out of this.

So, yeah. what do you all think?

ILS
I think Mace Windu could Vaapad the shit out of The Son tbh but that's just me

Sinious
Originally posted by Fated Xtasy
So, if you've played KoTOR 2, you remember that Meetra Surik(and Nihilius i think?) had the potential to become a large wound in the force that could bring about the "Death of the force". an echo that would continue until all who heard it would be deafened by it and eventually, killed. So, if Kreia had succeeded in creating such a Wound/Echo, would she have possibly been able to kill the Ones?

If Kreia had succeeded, the Ones would suffer more than any other being in the galaxy imo.

FreshestSlice
Originally posted by ILS
I think Mace Windu could Vaapad the shit out of The Son tbh but that's just me
RotS Sidious already pushed Vaapad to its limit. This is pretty lulzworthy, tbh.

ILS
Originally posted by FreshestSlice
RotS Sidious already pushed Vaapad to its limit. This is pretty lulzworthy, tbh. *implying Mace Windu has limits*

Trocity
Originally posted by Fated Xtasy
Outdated s0urce1!!. Does not compute!!

jk. What you said is interesting and seems to make sense.

FreshestSlice
Originally posted by ILS
*implying Mace Windu has limits*
>Implying I'm implying when you're really just denying.

ILS
Originally posted by FreshestSlice
>Implying I'm implying when you're really just denying. >Implying you haven't realized I'm joking yet.

NewGuy01
Outdated s0urce1 !!. Does not compute!!

DarthAnt66
I just ****ing burst out laughing in Spanish class during a test reading this. God dammit Sasukedc.

Marco1907
Teams from top level beings can do it for a small majority.

NewGuy01
Originally posted by DarthAnt66
I just ****ing burst out laughing in Spanish class during a test reading this. God dammit Sasukedc.

I was taking a test when I posted it too.

Arhael
You can kill the ones with lightsaber.

Marco1907
Originally posted by Arhael
You can kill the ones with lightsaber.

Except the Father iirc.

DarthAnt66
No you can't. no expression The Son died by Anakin's blade after he lost his power due to the stabbing of the Father with the Dagger.

Arhael
You kind of affirmed my point. As you said Son lost power. Which means that he was powerful enough to defend against lightsaber before, not immortal.

Father nearly diet by being electrocuted by Son. I don't think they are immortal literally. They are just super-powerful to the point that they can block /absorb lightsaber with bare hands. The mere fact that Son needed to actually block a lightsaber attack implies that it could hurt him otherwise.

If we go by EU canon, Son got power by drinking from Font of Power and Daughter - by bathing in Pull of Knowledge. Abeloth both drank from the font and bathed in the pull. She was more powerful than either Son or Daughter, yet, she could still be killed. Mere lightsaber wound didn't kill Abeloth though, there needed to be good lightsaber slice across her whole body at least. Dagger makes it much more convenient as a mere stab can kill.

Marco1907
Originally posted by Arhael
The mere fact that Son needed to actually block a lightsaber attack implies that it could hurt him otherwise.

True. It makes sense.

nBBad4-3CzM

WildBantha88
The fact that the son blocked the lightsaber doesn't mean he is vulnerable to them. If someone is swinging a small sick at your face your not just going to let them slap you in the face with a stick. Weather it hurts or not doesn't matter because its ****ing annoying either way

Arhael
Father's death did not strip Son of immortality. It weakened him. If he was immortal, he would be just a weakened immortal.

WildBantha88
Only a severely weakened son could be killed. His sister and father were dead. Full power son is immortal

NewGuy01
Anyway, the only practical way to kill one of the Mortians without the dagger is to go beyond Shadows. And even then, it's all but an impossible feat.

Emperordmb
Originally posted by NewGuy01
Anyway, the only practical way to kill one of the Mortians without the dagger is to go beyond Shadows. And even then, it's all but an impossible feat.
And even then, Abeloth isn't permanently down...

Arhael
Originally posted by WildBantha88
Only a severely weakened son could be killed. His sister and father were dead. Full power son is immortal
How do you know that? Father nearly dying due to being electrocuted shows that they are not immortal.

I don't think that the Ones existed beyond shadows. Abeloth unlike them was capable to be in multiple places simultaneously. Otherwise Son would still exist beyond shadows as well as he wasn't killed by a dagger.

Regardless, the ones can't be killed by someone like Kenobi or Anakin even with dagger. Dagger served as a plot device. Otherwise it would be impossible for Son to accidentally kill Daughter and Father commit suicide.

FreshestSlice
Originally posted by ILS
>Implying you haven't realized I'm joking yet.
Yo, it's not like I don't know, but it rhymes so I had to say it. If you can't understand that, then there's nothing else to say.

Text-only Version: Click HERE to see this thread with all of the graphics, features, and links.