Super(man)Power trade

Text-only Version: Click HERE to see this thread with all of the graphics, features, and links.

riv6672
Give Superman one power he doesnt have, but, you have to take away a major power he does have.
Super hearing, taste, ventriloquism, etc...silly/minor powers like that, arent on the table for this scenario.

carver9
Give - instantaneous teleportation

Take away - speed

riv6672
Simple and straightforward. I like it.

maxivitopowe
Give omni energy absorption
Take invulnerability

DarkSaint85
Take - Flight

Give - Telepathy.

Mindship
Take arctic breath (I don't consider this a minor power; along with heat vision, it gives Superman an excellent range of temperature induction).

Give healing touch (ie, Superman can induce accelerated healing in whomever he touches).

riv6672
I dont consider arctic breath/heat vision minor either. Interesting choice of power to give, too. Fits the Jesus angle some writers approach the character from...

Mindship
Originally posted by riv6672
I dont consider arctic breath/heat vision minor either. Interesting choice of power to give, too. Fits the Jesus angle some writers approach the character from... For so many characters, their powers enable destruction. Except for those guys with open powersets (eg, Surfer), you don't see much healing power in use. I figured, yeah, it would fit nicely into Superman's savior/defender aura. The only drawback is that it would harm story potential, cuz now if anyone gets seriously hurt (especially, eg, Lois), Kal can swoop in and save her life on the spot.

H'm. The power works better the more Superman can keep a calm/meditative focus. This could offset somewhat its convenient / suspense-killing deployment, so as to keep things interesting.

Stoic
Take heat vision and give him mystical powers.

riv6672
I guess thats okay, not really feeling it though.
I didnt provide any limitations for given powers and thats cool, but, its not the most...exciting choice so far.

Plus its like a guy who's a bullet magnet having a machine gun.

Stoic
I was actually thinking that it shores up any lack in defense that he has, and with mystic powers he could conjure a spell to give him close to what he lost.

riv6672
I can see the why of it, and dont want to put your choice down but to me its just a meh kind of power for him.
Kind if like playing D&D and the character had like a sword, axe, bow and arrows, hammer, spear, knife, mace...and was a 12th level mage or something.
-shrug-

pym-ftw
Lose heat vision
Get TTK

riv6672
Thats an interesting trade...

Text-only Version: Click HERE to see this thread with all of the graphics, features, and links.