Cyclops Vs Havok

Text-only Version: Click HERE to see this thread with all of the graphics, features, and links.

TheVaultDweller
Movie Scott vs Movie Alex. Which one will come out on top?

- Fight takes place in an open field.
- Win via KO or death.
- Havok from First Class and DoFP
- Cyclops from the first 3 X-Men films
(I am not including his poor portrayal in Origins: Wolverine, where he suddenly had heat vision that could be deflected by Logan's claws)

I personally think Havok takes this. Both of them have more than enough power to drop the other one with a single direct hit. But, based on his brief showing in DoFP, Havok is quicker on the draw than Cyclops is. He just needs to lift his arm, where as Scott needs to lift his hand to his temple and press a button. We also see that Havok's accuracy has improved a lot from First Class, being able to send a blast right past Mystique and KO Striker, without doing any harm to her. Also, if all else fails, Havok can just spam energy rings all over the place, until he gets a lucky hit.

What do you guys think?

Time Immemorial
Cyclops is very quick on the draw. He might be able to counter his shot?

TheVaultDweller
Originally posted by Time Immemorial
Cyclops is very quick on the draw. He might be able to counter his shot?

I don't know. Movie Cyclops just never impressed me in terms of his aim/shooting. He has a crapton of raw power (his deflected blast in X2 cracks a friggin' dam wall open, and his emo moment blast in X3 also displaces a massive amount of water etc.), but he hasn't displayed any of the kind of accuracy/trickshots/spatial awareness his comic counterpart has. Plus, Havok has 2 arms to fire from, and could still just spam energy rings at him if he gets desperate. I don't see him shooting down a whole barrage of them. Eventually he is going to get sliced up.

Time Immemorial
Yea that true, poor scott.

TheVaultDweller
Originally posted by Time Immemorial
Yea that true, poor scott.

Of course, if it turns out that their powers don't work on each other, like in the comics (though there is no proof of this so far, or even how they are related. Given the timeline, my money is on Havok being Cyclops' father in the movieverse), Havok would probably lose, as Cyclops has shown some h2h skill in X2, which Havok hasn't. Then again, Havok fought in Vietnam, so who knows what he is capable of.

Impediment
Havok, easy.

BruceSkywalker
wait we need a Cyclops lover/defender up in here??? big grin

Scott dies though

TheGrat1
Can Havok fire continuously?

Placidity
As Rob says, do any of you even Marvel?

Scott and Alex are immune to each other's blasts.

So then it will be a win via splash damage from the surrounding environment, and Cyclops has that damage output over Alex.

None of this is from the movie, but I still win.

TheVaultDweller
Originally posted by TheGrat1
Can Havok fire continuously?

Based on his showings, such as spamming multiple energy rings for several seconds without showing any ill-effects, or firing a continuous beam of energy (as opposed to a simple blast) while he had the chest piece, he can definitely do so. In DoFP he basically just learns to do the same thing, but without needing the suit to focus his powers. If you watch the scene where he shoots Stryker, you see the energy rings form around his arm before being directed at Stryker through his fist.

Originally posted by Placidity

So then it will be a win via splash damage from the surrounding environment, and Cyclops has that damage output over Alex.

You really need to read a thread properly before making yourself look silly.

Originally posted by TheVaultDweller
Of course, if it turns out that their powers don't work on each other, like in the comics (though there is no proof of this so far, or even how they are related. Given the timeline, my money is on Havok being Cyclops' father in the movieverse), Havok would probably lose, as Cyclops has shown some h2h skill in X2, which Havok hasn't. Then again, Havok fought in Vietnam, so who knows what he is capable of.

There is no proof that the power immunity thing is the same for their movie versions. So many things differ between the X-men comics and movies that making claims about the movies, based on what goes on in the comics, is foolish. So without actual proof that this is the case, your claim holds no merit. So no, you don't win anything.

Placidity

You really need to read a thread properly before making yourself look silly.

Not in OP, doesn't count. I win.

There is no proof that the power immunity thing is the same for their movie versions. So many things differ between the X-men comics and movies that making claims about the movies, based on what goes on in the comics, is foolish. So without actual proof that this is the case, your claim holds no merit. So no, you don't win anything.

Maybe you should take your own advice?

I win, you lose. Again. - Morgan Freeman.

Kazenji
Movie Scott vs Movie Alex.

Wow....and here i'm thinking i was in the comic book verses.

TheVaultDweller
Not in OP, doesn't count. I win.

Maybe you should take your own advice?

I win, you lose. Again. - Morgan Freeman.

So me specifically mentioning that it is their movie versions, and posting the thread in the Movie Versus section is not clear enough for you? Or maybe it was constantly referencing the films in my posts that got you confused?

Time Immemorial
Originally posted by Kazenji
Wow....and here i'm thinking i was in the comic book verses.

Hello Blunder. What crooked hole did you come out from today?

Placidity
So me specifically mentioning that it is their movie versions, and posting the thread in the Movie Versus section is not clear enough for you? Or maybe it was constantly referencing the films in my posts that got you confused?

Don't know what you are talking about. When was I ever confused that it was not the movie version?

I win, you lose. Again. Again.

carver9
Cyclops wins

Quincy
These blasts kind of looked exactly the same...

Now between the two, Cyclops arguably has had more training, and as Leader of the X-Men, probably better at battle strategies too...

Robtard

They don't even Marvel, brah

TheVaultDweller
Don't know what you are talking about. When was I ever confused that it was not the movie version?

I win, you lose. Again. Again.

So basically you're just a troll whose posts are irrelevant in this thread, and I can ignore you from here on in? Gotcha.

TheVaultDweller
Originally posted by Quincy
These blasts kind of looked exactly the same...

Now between the two, Cyclops arguably has had more training, and as Leader of the X-Men, probably better at battle strategies too...

This is debatable though. If what Beast says about the war in Vietnam and people being drafted shortly after the school started is true, Havok had been fighting in a warzone for roughly a decade. And seeing as he was part of a whole crew of mutants (along with the visible increase in control and skill with his powers), it's a safe bet to assume that they were using their abilities during the war. So I would argue that their training/combat experience is probably on par with each other.

Robtard
Cyclops, due to having perfect aim from the nature of his attack

Also, Havok was lame, but that's neither here nor there

Placidity
So basically you're just a troll whose posts are irrelevant in this thread, and I can ignore you from here on in? Gotcha.

So basically you realized you're an idiot and had no response? Gotcha + thumb up

Quincy
This is debatable though. If what Beast says about the war in Vietnam and people being drafted shortly after the school started is true, Havok had been fighting in a warzone for roughly a decade. And seeing as he was part of a whole crew of mutants (along with the visible increase in control and skill with his powers), it's a safe bet to assume that they were using their abilities during the war. So I would argue that their training/combat experience is probably on par with each other.

I can't imagine that a 20 year old kid trained by humans to fight a human war for a handful of years would be a superior fighter to an adult Mutant trained by Mutants to fight dangerous Mutants for the length of his adulthood.

TheVaultDweller
Originally posted by Quincy
I can't imagine that a 20 year old kid trained by humans to fight a human war for a handful of years would be a superior fighter to an adult Mutant trained by Mutants to fight dangerous Mutants for the length of his adulthood.

You're underplaying fighting in an actual war, and you have his age wrong as well. He is around his late teens/early twenties when First Class takes place. He's closer to 30 by the time of DoFP, and had been fighting there for probably a decade. Any soldier/fighter/combatant will tell you that actual front line experience teaches you more than training in a safe environment does.

Cyclops never displays these amazing skills you build him up to have. His record in the movies is actually pretty poor. Leads the X-Men into a trap in X1. Walks into a trap with Xavier in X2 and gets mind controlled. Has a crying moment and then dies in X3. Only thing he is shown to posses above Alex is some h2h skill.

And I never once claimed Alex is a superior fighter, simply based on the war. I said that their combat skills/experience is probably on par. But, based on his showing in DoFP, he is slightly quicker on the draw. If you watch the first X-men trilogy, there is always a slight delay where the visor opens before Cyclops fires, and in a face off like this one, a split second makes a lot of difference.

TheVaultDweller
Originally posted by Robtard
Cyclops, due to having perfect aim from the nature of his attack

Also, Havok was lame, but that's neither here nor there

Neither really lived up to expectations IMO. Havok was poorly cast and Cyclops was poorly written.

So basically you realized you're an idiot and had no response? Gotcha + thumb up

No, I simply see no point in wasting time on someone who comes into a thread and posts things that are not only irrelevant to the fight, but have actually already been pointed out, and then tries to act superior (despite making no useful contribution to the thread whatsoever) and tries to bait me into an argument.

But then, you're the guy who thinks that someone who moves at regular human speed can block a barrage of AK47 fire using just swords, so I shouldn't be surprised. Anyway, I am done wasting my time on you. There are people on this forum who are actually worth talking to.

Placidity

No, I simply see no point in wasting time on someone who comes into a thread and posts things that are not only irrelevant to the fight, but have actually already been pointed out, and then tries to act superior (despite making no useful contribution to the thread whatsoever) and tries to bait me into an argument.

But then, you're the guy who thinks that someone who moves at regular human speed can block a barrage of AK47 fire using just swords, so I shouldn't be surprised. Anyway, I am done wasting my time on you. There are people on this forum who are actually worth talking to.

But you already said you would ignore me in your previous post, so I think that makes you a liar, or my little b1tch - which is it?

I'm so glad you remember comments I posted long ago. I don't remember it that well myself, but I must have handed your ass to you so badly that you are so bitter. Yes that's right, beneath your thin facade of candidness, lies a load of steaming sour refuse.

I think we shall go with "Little B1tch" (LB) thumb up

TheVaultDweller
So despite a certain troll who apparently lacks comprehension skills above that of a 5-year-old (or the ability to tell the difference between a question and a statement), and conveniently forgets threads where multiple people owned his ass, trying to derail the thread, most people agree that Havok would probably take it? Good to know.

Hopefully X-men: Apocalypse will do a better job with Scott than what has been done so far. I thought James Marsden did the best he could with what he had, but the writers screwed him over. And maybe we will find out how/if the two characters in this thread are related.

Text-only Version: Click HERE to see this thread with all of the graphics, features, and links.