Darth Talon vs. TCW Grievous

Text-only Version: Click HERE to see this thread with all of the graphics, features, and links.

carthage
Force sabers all out

Emperordmb
Grievous solidly.

The Merchant
Grievous CRUSHES.

DarthAnt66
Darth Talon in a close fight.

Q99
She's council-level, and pretty solid in it, so there's no crushing going on. Well, unless she lands a good TK on him, but still, he's not easy to hit with a strong push like that, he's avoided them before. I'd say close fight.

Lesse, has Griev fought any non-exhausted council members, without backup, aside from Fisto and Kenobi?

NewGuy01
Adi Gallia. Mace Windu.

And why doesn't Kenobi count?

Q99
Originally posted by NewGuy01
Adi Gallia. Mace Windu.

And why doesn't Kenobi count?

He counts, but he's stronger than Talon anyway (Windu even more-so), and I'm looking for datapoints close to her level.

Lesse, Adi did well the first time, not as well the second time. Though Talon's stronger than she is, especially in force...

ILS
Originally posted by Q99
Lesse, has Griev fought any non-exhausted council members, without backup, aside from Fisto and Kenobi? The exhausted thing is so overplayed on this board...

Aside from Fisto, Kenobi, Windu and Gallia... he defeated a version of Ventress who could give Dooku a solid fight, was proclaimed as more formidable than Ventress by Dooku, was able to legitimately challenge Dooku in sparring matches despite Dooku controlling what he chose to teach Grievous, and he has some decent feats against groups of fodder opponents where he uses unorthodox methods to kill them, i.e raising his height to slide through their guard, activating anti-grav repulsors, suddenly pulling out his lower arms to surprise opponents, ect.

He's also the best hand-to-hand Jedi killer in the mythos, apparently.

Q99
Originally posted by ILS
The exhausted thing is so overplayed on this board...

There is the simple matter that, even though I agree he *is* quite strong, he never matched *that* level of performance again, and 'tiring people before you fight them' is both a legitimate tactic and one he performs often (like vs Shaak Ti, or vs Maul).

ILS
Originally posted by Q99
There is the simple matter that, even though I agree he *is* quite strong, he never matched *that* level of performance again, and 'tiring people before you fight them' is both a legitimate tactic and one he performs often (like vs Shaak Ti, or vs Maul). Other than Mundi, none of the other duelists were anything to write home about. Their numbers was their main strength, not their collective skill. I just don't see why people can't see the showing for what it is rather than acting like it's either some massive outlier or that the Jedi were basically in comas from their fatigue.

Yes, Grievous tires people out before facing them. It doesn't mean he needs to do this in order to have success. He fought Kit Fisto despite the fact he himself was *exhausted* and needed rest, and despite Fisto's Form advantage Grievous contended with him well. And when he fought Windu he had a mobility disadvantage and only brandished two blades. He can do well when the odds are against him as well.

ILS
And as far as taking on groups go, in Labyrinth of Evil Grievous was capable of killing four Jedi (admittedly novices), five Red Guards and the rest of the rooms guards, before a single one of them could have activated/drawn their weapons. His physical and mental enhancements let him do things that others in his skill tier can't replicate.

Trocity
Originally posted by ILS
And as far as taking on groups go, in Labyrinth of Evil Grievous was capable of killing four Jedi (admittedly novices), five Red Guards and the rest of the rooms guards, before a single one of them could have activated/drawn their weapons. His physical and mental enhancements let him do things that others in his skill tier can't replicate.

I haven't read LoE in years, but isn't that the novel where he kills those jedi towards the end, and "blood sprays through the ventilation system" or something like that? That always struck me as odd, though maybe he didn't use his lightsabers to do it. I seem to remember it that way, though.

ILS
Originally posted by Trocity
I haven't read LoE in years, but isn't that the novel where he kills those jedi towards the end, and "blood sprays through the ventilation system" or something like that? That always struck me as odd, though maybe he didn't use his lightsabers to do it. I seem to remember it that way, though. The blood formed in a mist in the air because of the the ventilators in Grievous' anti-grav repulsors.

Marco1907
Talon via force.

DarthAnt66
Marco

carthage
Polo

DarthAnt66
Yas slay

Marco1907
Stop spamming.

DarthAnt66
Originally posted by DarthAnt66
Marco

carthage
http://www.virtualofficeworx.com/wp-content/uploads/2014/08/Spam-2.jpg

DarthAnt66
Originally posted by DarthAnt66
Yas slay

Marco1907
Reported as spam.

Nephthys
Originally posted by ILS
Other than Mundi, none of the other duelists were anything to write home about.

Um, Shaak-Ti?

ILS
Originally posted by Nephthys
Um, Shaak-Ti? Who isn't an impressive duelist.

Nephthys
Oh yeah, what was I thinking. roll eyes (sarcastic)

ILS
Who knows..

DarthAnt66
Originally posted by Marco1907
Reported as spam.
Reported for not worshipping Badabing the Great.

Q99
Originally posted by ILS
Who isn't an impressive duelist.

She really is.

Mowed through a buncha Magnadroids, mentioned as one of the most graceful duelists in the order.... was more skilled than Galen Marek.

ILS
She mowed down the MagnaGuards because they weren't programmed to deal with someone wielding a staff and lightsaber in the manner she did, which explains why one MagnaGuard stalemated her for so long. MGs are slaves to form, they can't handle unpredictability well. So it's not really a showing of skill.

Being one of the most graceful duelists in the Order means little.. it has no real, substantial bearing on skill or combat effectiveness whatsoever.

Galen Marek was an abhorrent duelist by the time he fought Ti. In fact, him losing to Ti only makes him even more awful at that point.

Dionysus
Originally posted by ILS

Galen Marek was an abhorrent duelist by the time he fought Ti. Why does everyone from CV hate Marek? Lmao

ILS
Originally posted by Dionysus
Why does everyone from CV hate Marek? Lmao I don't hate him. I don't find him interesting... and I'm also not impressed by him as a duelist.

Zenwolf
Originally posted by Dionysus
Why does everyone from CV hate Marek? Lmao

I don't, he's just...not that great saber wise. Force wise he's more ok...but even then. What I really don't like though, is people using TFU game mechanics as something that is canon.

Arhael
Originally posted by Q99
She really is.

Mowed through a buncha Magnadroids, mentioned as one of the most graceful duelists in the order.... was more skilled than Galen Marek.

I don't think she was more skilled. Or at least we don't know enough of her at the time of Galen Marek. They fought on moving sarlacc, she is more acrobatic than Marek, so it makes sense that she would have easier time fighting on such an unpredictable environment.

Marco1907
Originally posted by Zenwolf
What I really don't like though, is people using TFU game mechanics as something that is canon.

thumb up

Nephthys
Originally posted by ILS
Galen Marek was an abhorrent duelist by the time he fought Ti. In fact, him losing to Ti only makes him even more awful at that point.

The codex in the first game says that Marek's lightsaber skills were "near-perfect" though.

Also I'm fairly sure about a month ago we all went over Shaak-Ti's skill and she's one of the best duelists of the era, compared to Dooku in her mastery of Makashi iirc with multiple high level accolades.

NewGuy01
The novel claims he'd mastered Juyo as well--Which in itself is impressive.

ILS
The codex in the first game says that Marek's lightsaber skills were "near-perfect" though.

Also I'm fairly sure about a month ago we all went over Shaak-Ti's skill and she's one of the best duelists of the era, compared to Dooku in her mastery of Makashi iirc with multiple high level accolades. And Anoon Bondara's skills in combat are unparalleled. Take a seat, Yoda, Windu, Jinn...

Well no, it was just one of her fanboys misinterpreting quotes in order to big her up.
Indeed. Shame he lost to Shaak Ti decisively.

Nephthys
Originally posted by ILS
And Anoon Bondara's skills in combat are unparalleled. Take a seat, Yoda, Windu, Jinn...

Well no, it was just one of her fanboys misinterpreting quotes in order to big her up.

That was just his apprentices opinion, said from her perspective. As I recall this was even clarified in a later sourcebook. Marek's quote comes from the out of universe codex, and is extremely impressive. Plus he defeat's Vader in sabers.

Or maybe you're lowballing her to bring her down. I can't recall the thread or the exact quotes, but they were impressive.

ILS
That was just his apprentices opinion, said from her perspective. As I recall this was even clarified in a later sourcebook. Marek's quote comes from the out of universe codex, and is extremely impressive. Plus he defeat's Vader in sabers.

Or maybe you're lowballing her to bring her down. I can't recall the thread or the exact quotes, but they were impressive. I'll need to check but you're probably right. Still, his near-perfection took a backseat when he was met with an actual challenge. He defeated Vader in sabers because he had an advantage in speed, not through skill, and the only reason the duel was protracted was because of how familiar he was with Vader's Form. This was noted in the novel.

Not really.

Text-only Version: Click HERE to see this thread with all of the graphics, features, and links.