ROTS Sidious vs. Maul, Dooku, Vader

Text-only Version: Click HERE to see this thread with all of the graphics, features, and links.

carthage
Battle takes place in the Tomb of Marka Ragnos

Round 1 Sabers only

Round 2 All out fight and the team is enhanced by battle meditation

carthage
laughing out loud

carthage
Stop trolling my thread Tempest

The_Tempest
http://fishstrong.com/wp-content/uploads/2012/12/gollum-face.jpeg

You're preciousssss

Nice edit btw

carthage
Stop trolling my thread Tempest. This isn't a Sidious fellatio thread.

The_Tempest
Originally posted by carthage
Stop trolling my thread Tempest. This isn't a Sidious fellatio thread.

Well obviously, given that Maul totes solos.

carthage
No one said anything about Maul soloing lmao. If that was the case then I would've made it an Amped Maul vs Sidious (you know the scenario you denied, and failed to respond to).

The_Tempest
No one said anything about Maul soloing lmao.

I never said you did, precious.

http://img1.wikia.nocookie.net/__cb20130310215302/glee/images/9/98/J_Lawrence_Wink.gif

If that was the case then I would've made it an Amped Maul vs Sidious (you know the scenario you denied, and failed to respond to).

http://i.qkme.me/3osrj1.jpg

carthage
Originally posted by The_Tempest

Well obviously, given that Maul totes solos.

Your sarcasm is a clever ploy that you use to fail to respond to my post. I am wise to your game you fanboy. Now either post your thoughts or go lose another argument to Darth Power

The_Tempest
Your sarcasm is a clever ploy that you use to fail to respond to my post. I am wise to your game you fanboy. Now either post your thoughts or go lose another argument to Darth Power

You're silly, precious.

I said Maul totes solos; I never claimed you said that.

facepalm

carthage
Keep evading the fact you were wrong about the point, use humor as a device to evade my comments, and just exist to spite others. Sidious dies

ILS
How the **** would Sidious last three seconds in Bane's presence? The dude can strike 60 times per second due to his rain feat and blew a ****in' temple apart.

The_Tempest
Stop trolling bro. Carthage doesn't like it.

Keep evading the fact you were wrong about the point,

What point?

carthage
He can also make a whirlwind of his blade (without a nexus or orbalisks), dodge raindrops, and lift a durasteel door. The guy is such a badass thumb up

carthage
Stop trolling bro. Carthage doesn't like it.

What point?

You were wrong about Maul soloing. There are two other people in this thread you cretin.

The_Tempest
You were wrong about Maul soloing. There are two other people in this thread you cretin.

And I said Maul solos, he obviously wouldn't need them.

carthage
facepalm

And that's totally not the case with two other Sith fighting Scrotum face in both rounds.

The_Tempest
facepalm

And that's totally not the case with two other Sith fighting Scrotum face in both rounds.

They're extraneous. Superfluous. Unnecessary. Maul doesn't need the backup.

carthage
You're right he forced Sidious down in that sabelock well enough on his own thumb up

The_Tempest
Indeed. People tend to gloss over just how utterly Maul schooled Sidious by being disarmed, beaten to a pulp, and electrocuted after begging for mercy.

Without a generous script to save Sidious, Maul takes him to the curb tbh.

carthage
He's not presenting an argument, and if you had looked at round two I gave the team battle med.

He's too busy trying to hide behind usual LOLOMFG posts to refute the fact Sidious dies.

ILS
Tbh Grievous would solo Sidious. Sidious just moves like a blur to guys like Maul - Grievous actually vanishes from Kenobi's perception altogether and also attacks him faster than he can register. Couple that with his ****ing uber strength, unorthodox combat which Sidious will be ill-equipped to deal with, and his height advantage.. isn't looking good for the scrotum.

And of course Maul, Dooku or Vader could all shit on Grievous so it only stands to reason they would shit on Sidious as well, even individually.

Nephthys
With BM the team does win tbh.

ILS
They don't even need it. As a team Sids is chump change.

carthage
Indeed. People tend to gloss over just how utterly Maul schooled Sidious by being disarmed, beaten to a pulp, and electrocuted after begging for mercy.

Without a generous script to save Sidious, Maul takes him to the curb tbh.

The second part would be relevant if Maul was the only combatant here thumb up
You have an odd and hilarious predilection to shit on Maul though:

Why do you you keep bringing him up when its not just him in the thread. Stop evading my points (as usual) you dastardly human being

The_Tempest
DP & Arhael will make the point quite nicely when they deign to post.

Maul soloing ftw

carthage
No one made that point, except for you in your bizarro reality there bucko.

The_Tempest
No one made that point, except for you in your bizarro reality there bucko.

I said they'll make the point when they deign to post. They understand precisely where Sidious stands next to Maul.

Tell 'em, guys.

carthage
Why do you keep bringing Maul up solely? You've got issues..

The_Tempest
Because he's all that's needed to win this fight? erm

carthage
You're so myopically focused on Maul in spite of two other powerful Sith being on the team.

The_Tempest
erm

You: MAUL HAS BACKUP

Me: He doesn't need it

You: Y U IGNORE BACKUP

Me: He... doesn't... need... it?

You: STAHP IGNORING BACKUP

Me: erm

carthage
YOU: LOLOMFG Maul can take Sidious in spite of entire essays you wrote to the contrary (obsessively might I add)

Me: There are two other Sith

YOU: LOLOMFG Maul can take it

Me: But you're derailing the thread

You: Happy Dance

Nephthys
Lol @ carthage making a blatant spite thread then getting pissy when Tempest calls him out on it. Just accept that Maul solo's and move on, boy.

The_Tempest
But that sounds very much like trolling and we don't tolerate that in this thread unless you do itat all.

carthage
I never made a spite thread, if it was spite it would be All out in Round 1 lol.

Loledit

Revanchiste
Round 2.
XD Sidious take that.
Vader get an hudge lihtning burst in his face... A sidious Lightning in his face.. That's hurt.. So he slwoly die in the back of the room.
Battle meditation allow Dooku to hold sidious longer when maul his approaching. But maull cannot take down sidious.... And there is no way for dooku to support him....

Marka Ragbnos tomb allow Sidious to Hide himself. And it give in clearcly the edge thank to the nexus.

carthage
Round 1 is Sabers only, Sidious won't be using lightning/

DARTH POWER
Now either post your thoughts or go lose another argument to Darth Power

LMAO.

We are officially buddies.

DARTH POWER
I said they'll make the point when they deign to post. They understand precisely where Sidious stands next to Maul.

Tell 'em, guys.

Don't worry bro, Maul's Awesomeness is all a reflection of Sidious's choice of apprentice and his training. So Sidious isn't totally useless.

The Merchant
This is a gorgeous thread.

carthage
U think so?

The Merchant
I know so hun.

The_Tempest
Originally posted by DARTH POWER
Don't worry bro, Maul's Awesomeness is all a reflection of Sidious's choice of apprentice and his training. So Sidious isn't totally useless.

Indeed. Kindly explain to the heretical non-believers how Maul totally defeated Sidious by watching his brother die, getting disarmed, battered to a pulp, and electrocuted after begging for mercy.

For some reason they don't grasp the obvious picture of superiority.

carthage
Lol

Yeah, it doesn't need an explanation after you obsessively devoted an entire thread to it.

The Merchant
thumb up

DARTH POWER
Indeed. Kindly explain to the heretical non-believers how Maul totally defeated Sidious by watching his brother die, getting disarmed, battered to a pulp, and electrocuted after begging for mercy.

Yeah I know. Sort of like how Sidious was clearly superior to Windu when he was begging for mercy.

Like Master like Apprentice. Am I rite?

Basically Sidious trained Maul into a cool version of himself. Cooler and with no desire to be a Pedo. That's how the Rule of 2 works after all.

The Merchant
thumb up

carthage
thumb up

The_Tempest
Yeah I know. Sort of like how Sidious was clearly superior to Windu when he was begging for mercy.

Basically Sidious trained Maul into a cool version of himself. Cooler and with no desire to be a Pedo. That's how the Rule of 2 works after all.

http://i1215.photobucket.com/albums/cc520/G1d3on91/Dave%20Filoni%20on%20Sidious%20vs%20Maul%20Savage/DaveFilonionSidiousvsMaulSavage3_zpsc8821e65.png

http://media.tumblr.com/382b2e74510f0c02842e939ff5683e54/tumblr_inline_n8lo2mrqkx1rbt4gq.gif

Trocity

Nice.

DARTH POWER
http://i1215.photobucket.com/albums/cc520/G1d3on91/Dave%20Filoni%20on%20Sidious%20vs%20Maul%20Savage/DaveFilonionSidiousvsMaulSavage3_zpsc8821e65.png

http://media.tumblr.com/382b2e74510f0c02842e939ff5683e54/tumblr_inline_n8lo2mrqkx1rbt4gq.gif

Lol I've think I've touched a nerve with you bringing up part your essay.. Muhahahahaha

Seriously though according to the Rule of 2 Maul was better than Sidious. He just didn't get to have the decades of Dark Side mastery Sidious did. Plus Kenobi cutting him in half capped his potential as well. Such a tragedy for the Ultimate product of the Banite legacy.

However If it was a contest of Coolness and Overall Awesomeness then Maul would be the clear Master. And Sidious the seriously failed Apprentice. That's how the Rule of 2 works bro. Each Master trains up a cooler version of himself. Which means Plagueis must have been a serious wierdo.

The Merchant
Nah, Millennial was dumb.

Nephthys

DP wins.

The_Tempest
Lol I've think I've touched a nerve with you bringing up part your essay.. Muhahahahaha

Nah, I just like rubbing it in your face that Sidious really is better than Maul in all ways. Your frustration arouses me.

http://i1217.photobucket.com/albums/dd386/hpaige90/aroused.gif

Seriously though according to the Rule of 2 Maul was better than Sidious. He just didn't get to have the decades of Dark Side mastery Sidious did. Then Kenobi cut in half capping his potential.

So he was better but not really? mmm

However If it was a contest of Coolness and Overall Awesomeness then Maul would be the clear Master. And Sidious the seriously failed Apprentice. That's how the Rule of 2 works bro. Each Master trains up a cooler version of himself. Which means Plagueis must have been a serious wierdo.

http://media.tumblr.com/144264c2bd36b7a89e7dcdee28b31411/tumblr_inline_mhnbc2MoxD1qz4rgp.gif

Awesome indeed. 131

The Merchant
lol

carthage
Originally posted by Nephthys
DP wins.

thumb up

Sinious
Sidious really is better than Maul in all ways.

thumb up

Maul is cool but he is the weakest of Sidious' apprentices. He is just a pawn. He gave Sidious a clue on how to train an apprentice. That was his entire purpose in the movies. When he overreached his purpose of existence, Sidious reminded Maul why he is the dark lord.

The Merchant
Poor Maul, Sidious should have taught him to emulate Kun or something.

Fated Xtasy
Originally posted by Sinious
thumb up

Maul is cool but he is the weakest of Sidious' apprentices. He is just a pawn. He gave Sidious a clue on how to train an apprentice. That was his entire purpose in the movies. When he overreached his purpose of existence, Sidious reminded Maul why he is the dark lord.

thumb up that sums it up imo

Marco1907

Maul is cool but he is the weakest of Sidious' apprentices.

Yeah I guess that is why Sidious called Maul as ''rival'' ...

http://www.youtube.com/watch?feature=player_detailpage&v=-7hBZNsPnyg#t=104

Maul already kicked Vader's ass in Resurrection, and he could beat Dooku as well. I can easily argue his TCW version was the strongest of his apprentices.

Vader never become a ''rival'' to Sidious, nor Dooku... None of them could challenge him in a battle, Maul did that. Nuff said.

The Merchant
Pretty sure the context of that is how Maul was able to gather large enough forces from the criminal underworld and Mandalore to pose a threat to Palpatine's rule. A rival doesn't get his butt-kicked like that.

Marco1907
Originally posted by The Merchant
Pretty sure the context of that is how Maul was able to gather large enough forces from the criminal underworld and Mandalore to pose a threat to Palpatine's rule. A rival doesn't get his butt-kicked like that.

Nope ;

''But strong as he had become, Maul found himself in awe of Sidious. ''

You people are forgetting that Maul was the second original Sith in the movies, Vader and Dooku were sith pretenders.

The Merchant
Pretty sure Filoni said that Maul isn't as strong as Dooku or Vader.

carthage
Tyranus and Vader were both inducted into the Banite line of Sith by the Emperor, they're every bit deserving of the legacy of being a Sith as Maul

Marco1907
Originally posted by The Merchant
Pretty sure Filoni said that Maul isn't as strong as Dooku or Vader.

Show me the source before claim. I think you are mistaken with Jeremy Barlow, yeah he said something like this, then he retcon it by saying ''Maul beats Dooku 7 of 10.''

Marco1907
Tyranus and Vader were both inducted into the Banite line of Sith by the Emperor, they're every bit deserving of the legacy of being a Sith as Maul

Because they've never trained as Sith, they never take the Sith training what Maul take. They were Jedi once, they feel the light, that is why they can't be the likes of Sidious, or Maul.

Not to mention Vader's betrayal to the Sith, Sidious's biggest mistake was keeping Vader at his side, look what happened, Jedi / Anakin won.

Arhael
Originally posted by Marco1907

You people are forgetting that Maul was the second original Sith in the movies, Vader and Dooku were sith pretenders.
Praise Maul's combat prowess all you like and I will back you up on it but this is ridiculous. Maul was trained as Assassin, while Plagueis was still alive. Maul got sliced in half around the same time Plagueis got choked. Maul was not considered a true apprentice. He was not introduced to proper Sith teachings, he couldn't even use lightning. He was to Sidious what Ventress was to Dooku. Warriors, assassins, executors but not true Sith.

Marco1907
Originally posted by Arhael
Praise Maul's combat prowess all you like and I will back you up on it but this is ridiculous. Maul was trained as Assassin, while Plagueis was still alive. Maul got sliced in half around the same time Plagueis got choked. Maul was not considered a true apprentice. He was not introduced to proper Sith teachings, he couldn't even use lightning. He was to Sidious what Ventress was to Dooku. Warriors, assassins, executors but not true Sith.

That's bullshit of stupid EU writers. Lucas never said something like this. Read this thread ; (all of it)

http://www.killermovies.com/forums/showthread.php?threadid=603986&pagenumber=1

Marco1907
And can someone tell me the source of this material ? I think intreprid knows it, but I am not sure.

http://i1349.photobucket.com/albums/p751/Intrepid37/screenshot-wwwhollywoodcom2014-11-0720-49-13_zps63bd12b6.png

Sinious
Yeah I guess that is why Sidious called Maul as ''rival'' ...

http://www.youtube.com/watch?feature=player_detailpage&v=-7hBZNsPnyg#t=104

Maul already kicked Vader's ass in Resurrection, and he could beat Dooku as well. I can easily argue his TCW version was the strongest of his apprentices.

Vader never become a ''rival'' to Sidious, nor Dooku... None of them could challenge him in a battle, Maul did that. Nuff said.

He says he became a rival because Maul disrupted the RoT. He means Maul has ascended as another sith party who does not act under the dark lord's rule.

Dooku was the leader of the separatists and Skywalker was a far better candidate to replace Dooku in the future. So he had no reason to take Maul back.

"You are no longer my apprentice. You have been replaced."

Originally posted by Arhael
He was to Sidious what Ventress was to Dooku.

This isnt entirely the case. It is true that Maul was never properly introduced to sith teachings and he wasn't a full member of the Rule of Two but Sidious definitely considered him as his apprentice.

Arhael
Just checked link. It does not contradict EU in the slightest bit.

''I was destined to become so much more...'' - Yes, he was. As Plagueis was no more, Maul would get a chance to receive proper Sith training but got sliced in half, unfortunately.

Arhael
This isnt entirely the case. It is true that Maul was never properly introduced to sith teachings and he wasn't a full member of the Rule of Two but Sidious definitely considered him as his apprentice.
Agree. He was apprentice. After all Sidious trained him. But he was still trained only as a warrior, not a true Sith.

Marco1907
@Sinious

You are graping at straws here...

and Skywalker was a far better candidate to replace Dooku in the future. So he had no reason to take Maul back.

True, he meant Skywalker by saying ''you are replaced'' because he already made the decision right after Naboo, but clearly he didn't want post-suit Vader either. He wanted Anakin's gigantic force potential, not crippled Vader.

Dooku was another great tool for Anakin's dark side seduction, (since Dooku cut Anakin's arm) that is why Dooku was necessary, not because he was better than Maul.

Sinious
@Sinious

You are graping at straws here...

Only cause he endangered Sidious' entire scheme as his organization was a third party. It's not like Sidious considered Maul's personal power as a lethal threat. Sidious could wipe the floor with Maul if he wanted to. Oh wait, he already did that. wink

Just as he didnt want a crippled Maul with no legs.

AOTC Dooku > TPM Maul though.

Marco1907
@sinious

Lowball Maul as you like. You know the truth, TCW Maul wipes the floor with old man Dooku and crippled Vader.

Except that didn't decrease his speed / agility / mobility infact he become faster than TPM Maul, on the other hand Vader become slower than Anakin.

Anyways, Maul is a rival to Sidious now (by his word not mine) and Maul said nothing about returning to Sidious in SoD 03 when the time he captured Dooku (it appears he doesn't want to), he just want to kill him and take revenge. Apprenticeship to Sidious is a child play for him now, he has grown up.

XSUPREMEXSKILLZ
Lmfao.

Marco1907
Originally posted by XSUPREMEXSKILLZ
Lmfao.

Hard truths bro. Maul is a rival.

T9VWlrJJOJM

Sinious
@sinious

Lowball Maul as you like. You know the truth, TCW Maul wipes the floor with old man Dooku and crippled Vader.

I'm not lowballing Maul. TPM Maul is one of my fave PT characters but that my boy is a concession.

XSUPREMEXSKILLZ
Hard truths bro. Maul is a rival.

It's a hard truth that your mental capacity doesn't expand beyond maul's misplaced genitalia.

Marco1907
TPM Maul is one of my fave PT characters but that my boy is a concession.

If you are right, then you shouldn't have to say Vader > Maul, while Maul kicked Vader's ass in the Resurrection comic.

Vader was a crippled & sick man, shadow of former himself, hardly matches with PT powerhouses. And Dooku despite his mastery of the force and his dueling skills, had a great weakness and he was using his full potential. TCW Maul better than both. That is why he had become a rival.

Sinious
If you are right, they you shouldn't have to say Vader > Maul, while Maul kicked Vader's ass in the Resurrection comic.

How is that an asskicking exactly?

1) I've already explained to you why Maul was no rival to Sidious.

2) AOTC Dooku > TPM Maul

3) ROTJ Vader > TCW Maul

Sidious has grown in power throughout the story and so did the quality of his apprentices.

Marco1907
How is that an asskicking exactly?

Did you really read that comic ? If not, you are grasping at straws again. TPM Maul > Vader

vldxgFHuw98

Not to mention Lucas himself declared as Maul > Vader.

6NyxljZNC8g

''Crippled half droid half man'' , ''Wanted to see Prime Jedi''

Vader hardly matches with PT powerhouses here, while Maul and Dooku easily could.

I didn't want to lowball Vader but, he is really the weak link here. Stalemated with Old Ben Kenobi, (both Dooku and Maul could beat prime Kenobi), hardly beat ESB Luke, and lost to RotJ Luke.

TCW Maul > Dooku > TPM Maul > Vader.

Sidious has grown in power throughout the story and so did the quality of his apprentices.

Quite opposite.

1) I've already explained to you why Maul was no rival to Sidious.

That's your baseless claim. I already showed you why Sidious considered Maul ''as a rival'' ...

''Maul had grown more powerful since the last time he’d been in Sidious’s presence, but strong as he had become, Maul found himself in awe of Sidious.''
- Shadow Conspiracy Novel

Yet you are trying to refute this with a baseless claim.

What we have ;

- Vader vs. Maul battle in comic book

- Sidious's own words about ''rivalry''

- Lucas's own words about ''prime jedi and sith''

What you have ;

- Baseless claim

SIDIOUS 66
Originally posted by ILS
Tbh Grievous would solo Sidious. Sidious just moves like a blur to guys like Maul - Grievous actually vanishes from Kenobi's perception altogether and also attacks him faster than he can register. Couple that with his ****ing uber strength, unorthodox combat which Sidious will be ill-equipped to deal with, and his height advantage.. isn't looking good for the scrotum.

And of course Maul, Dooku or Vader could all shit on Grievous so it only stands to reason they would shit on Sidious as well, even individually.

I don't know what you're trying to get at here, but DP proved that superhuman speed is non-existent among SW characters because he doesn't see slow motion in the back ground during saber fights.

Sinious
Did you really read that comic ? If not, you are grasping at straws again. TPM Maul > Vader

vldxgFHuw98

I did before and took a quick look again now cause you sounded so sure of yourself that I took felt the need to check to see if I was missing something.

Lets see, Maul traps pre-ANH Vader into his ground, where he expects him and wants to fight him and then he dies.

"They believed they could provide me with a superior apprentice. Yet you were victorious."

Where exactly does Lucas say Maul > Vader?

Proof?

But you did like you always do.

Keep using his non-prime showings. No one's buying it. thumb up

Against Luke? In ESB Luke held his own but ultimately, he was no match for him. In ROTJ, it was a very circumstantial fight and that proves how powerful Luke can be when enraged.

lmao

What we have here is a fanboy taking words out of context and presenting them as delusional arguments. Tempest already refuted your arguments on TCW Maul vs TCW Sidious and taking pre-ANH Vader as an example is a wrong way to look at this.

Baseless claim? I'm not the one who compares Maul to Sidious laughing

SIDIOUS 66

Had Maul been pretending to be scared, you'd be right.

Marco1907
@sinious

*Grasping at straws...

I showed my sources to you, yet you are ignoring it. So be it, let's end this here.

Sinious
@sinious

*Grasping at straws...

No offense but that fits you a lot more tbh.

You show sources but they don't prove what you want them to prove.

If you wanna go with Lucas quotes(Even though you have none regarding Maul > Vader) then Lucas also said that Vader is %80 of Sidious where in TCW, Sidious proved how vastly superior he is to Maul.

Zenwolf
No offense but that fits you a lot more tbh.

You show sources but they don't prove what you want them to prove.

If you wanna go with Lucas quotes(Even though you have none regarding Maul > Vader) then Lucas also said that Vader is %80 of Sidious where in TCW, Sidious proved how vastly superior he is to Maul.

Speaking of said quote, seeing as people have never seem to have found it.

I finally did! So here folks, the quote that people keep saying is about, but never have been able to find it! Or well...from what many say.

Source: http://www.vanityfair.com/hollywood/features/2005/02/star-wars-george-lucas-story#

Page 3, 2nd paragraph.

Ok yes, it doesn't exactly say 80% but even still, it's the closest thing that we have.

But /shrug, I just wanted to mention it cause I thought it was a neat little thing and after seeing people reference it over and over again, yet no source being found, I figure it's about time it saw the light!

Sinious
Yeah he says %20 less.

I personally don't go by such quotes when placing characters but Marco is trying so hard to prove his points with Lucas etc. quotes, I've decided to use his methods against him. cool

The Merchant
lol

Zenwolf
Yeah he says %20 less.

I personally don't go by such quotes when placing characters but Marco is trying so hard to prove his points with Lucas etc. quotes, I've decided to use his methods against him. cool

Eh tbh, I just posted it just...well to post it. :P Not really having anything to do with the battle at hand, so apologies for the small derailment, I just thought it was a neato thing to post.

Sinious
Originally posted by Zenwolf
Eh tbh, I just posted it just...well to post it. :P Not really having anything to do with the battle at hand, so apologies for the small derailment, I just thought it was a neato thing to post.

No worries brobeans. I think Marco needs to read it again anyway.

DARTH POWER
Originally posted by SIDIOUS 66
I don't know what you're trying to get at here, but DP proved that superhuman speed is non-existent among SW characters because he doesn't see slow motion in the back ground during saber fights.

No that's not what I proved at all. I proved they're not "invisible". If they were Pre-Vizsla would never have been able to go toe to toe with Maul. And that's a damn cartoon.

I suppose your theory is that either:

A. Lucasfilm doesn't have the special effects to properly display "invisible" super speed. Not even in their animations or

B. It was simply artistic. Every single time, in every single Visual medium.
And that the only "real" speed is described to fans in the novels. So if you're not a SW Legends Eu fan you'll have no clue as to how fast they really are.

Still none of that explains how Pre-Vizsla fights Maul, and how Jango Fett fights Kenobi and Windu, and even kills Jedi. And how Hondo goes toe to toe with frigging Anakin Skywalker!

I'll explain again to see if you can understand the point this time.

They have clear superhuman reflexes, coordination. And clear superhuman speed when they leap around. Our when they sprint.

But in their normal striking and movements during Lightsaber fights- All the visual evidence Live action and Animation shows "slight" superhuman speed at best. The only thing that contradicts that so far are Legends Novels.

Now maybe it'll be different next year when Episode 7 changes that(might even see something on the trailers this year). But in the mean time the evidence so far is lacking. And evidence supporting the contrary is plenty.

DARTH POWER
Originally posted by SIDIOUS 66
Had Maul been pretending to be scared, you'd be right.

What you think Sidious wouldn't beg for his life? And that's just a Maul thing? LOL

No it's a Sith thing. They desperately cling to life.

Maul learned well from Sidious. As Sidious proved when he begged Mace not to kill him. He may have been indirectly begging Skywalker to save him, but he WAS begging for mercy.

DarthAnt66
Sidious wasn't serious when he begged. He just wanted to sound innocent for Anakin to join him. Lucas says this. erm

DARTH POWER
then he retcon it by saying ''Maul beats Dooku 7 of 10.''

What? Where did he say that?

Bro, SOD Maul was still not experienced enough to match the likes of Dooku and Vader (although I could see TCW "Revival" Maul giving Dooku serious trouble when he had the Huge legs giving him beastly strength).

I'm sure SOD Maul would give them a run for their money but that's it. Perhaps if he survives another 10 years then he could surpass them. Perhaps. But his potential has also been capped.

Originally posted by DarthAnt66
Sidious wasn't serious when he begged. He just wanted to sound innocent for Anakin to join him. Lucas says this. erm

Talking about the final scene when Windu is about to strike him. Pretty sure Lucas was talking about the part where he's going on about being weak.

In any case All Sith are scared to die, so pretty much all would beg in that situation.

Maul just learned his lessons well off Sidious stick out tongue

Dionysus
Omg Sinious ****ing curbstomped Marco lmfao

Marco1907

But Maul was in mandalore right ? Double standard**

And Lucas never said that, he said Sidious was behaving like weaker than really is, he pretend like in a dying state and can't move even a finger. Which was not true, he was really defeated but he just pretend like a dying man.

lmfao

another baseless claim, did you understand when I said ''baseless claim'' ? I meant this, you said Vader is %80 of Sidious, yet Maul is unknown and you don't know him. How do you know that TCW Maul is not %90 of Sidious ? This is why you have baseless claims nothing more.

Originally posted by Dionysus
Omg Sinious ****ing curbstomped Marco lmfao

Well, you just said this because you like Vader, and you don't like Maul, at least be honest about it.

Bro, SOD Maul was still not experienced enough to match the likes of Dooku and Vader (although I could see TCW "Revival" Maul giving Dooku serious trouble when he had the Huge legs giving him beastly strength).

I'm sure SOD Maul would give them a run for their money but that's it. Perhaps if he survives another 10 years then he could surpass them. Perhaps. But his potential has also been capped.

stick out tongue

He said this in his twitter account, I asked him how many rounds TCW Maul can win out of 10 against Dooku, like 3 of 10 or 6 ? He said 6 is fine and maybe even 7 because Maul would never give up until he completely done.

I am serious about this, Vader was really a weak link. Shadow of his former self, only weapon of Vader is TK, and that really is, he is too slow for PT powerhouses. That is why he never become a ''rival'' to Sidious. Not to mention Lucas himself said that Vader was at the same level with old Ben Kenobi, he was not like PT prime Jedi and Sith.

DARTH POWER
@Marco

I think you are mistaken with Jeremy Barlow, yeah he said something like this, then he retcon it by saying ''Maul beats Dooku 7 of 10.''

DarthAnt66
I'll get you the video when I get home.
And Maul being in Mandalore doesn't change anything. erm
If anything begging for mercy in Mandalore makes Maul look weak.

DARTH POWER

And Maul being in Mandalore doesn't change anything. erm
If anything begging for mercy in Mandalore makes Maul look weak.

As opposed to the Supreme Chancellor of the Republic begging on Coruscant erm

DarthAnt66
To a Jedi who is trying to kill him. It makes Palpatine look weak and harmless. Exactly. thumb up

DARTH POWER
@Marco

I think you are mistaken with Jeremy Barlow, yeah he said something like this, then he retcon it by saying ''Maul beats Dooku 7 of 10.''

Where has he said this 7/10 to Maul. Source please.

DarthAnt66
On twitter.

DARTH POWER
On twitter.

So he seriously said that?

Anyone got a link/scan?

Marco1907
Btw, did Vader defeated two formidable jedi at the same time before ? I really wonder, because I don't remember, both Maul and Dooku were capable of doing such a thing. As long as I remember, he faced multiple jedi in the first series of Purge, and he lost it, though they were more than two and since he lost it, we can't use it as a source for this either.

@Marco

Where has he said this 7/10 to Maul. Source please.

I did answer, edited my message.*

Here ;

http://static.comicvine.com/uploads/original/11113/111137054/4154919-barlow+answer.png

DARTH POWER

I did answer, edited my message.*

Here ;

http://static.comicvine.com/uploads/original/11113/111137054/4154919-barlow+answer.png

It's ok, I went to his twitter and found it.

It actually doesn't contradict his original statement. Because he originally said Vader and Dooku are more powerful, but Maul's on par with them through sheer will or whatever.

LOL You really tried to get him to say Maul can take Vader, but he wouldn't concede stick out tongue

Marco1907

Yeah, probably he wouldn't, Because I've noticed (when I was reading old comics) that he was a co-editor or something in many Vader comic book, it seems he like Vader more than Maul smile Unfortunately Vader's fame & popularity will always prevail. Even though Vader should be the weak link here by dueling feats.

DARTH POWER
Yeah, probably he wouldn't, Because I've noticed (when I was reading old comics) that he was a co-editor or something in many Vader comic book, it seems he like Vader more than Maul smile Unfortunately Vader's fame & popularity will always prevail. Even though Vader should be the weak link here by dueling feats.

Well it's not just him.

There was also that versus battle you posted which had Vader as the winner wink

Marco1907
Well it's not just him.

There was also that versus battle you posted which had Vader as the winner wink

Which is PIS, no better than TPM Kenobi's win. Don't expect from Maul to kill Vader in that timeline, he should've to lose somehow. The important point is, TPM Maul could kick Vader's ass. By Lucas and by starwars . com Vader's speed is inferior to Maul which is the game changer in duels.

http://i1273.photobucket.com/albums/y418/karasakal_teach/StarWarsTales09-039_zpsae66279b.jpg

DarthAnt66
Vader>Dooku>Maul>Savage.

ILS
Vader>Dooku>Maul>Savage. Nah bro it's Maul>Savage>Dooku~Vader

Dionysus

Well, you just said this because you like Vader, and you don't like Maul, at least be honest about it.

No, I said it because Sinious slaughtered you. Nothing more, nothing less.

DarthAnt66
Maul is my favorite canon Star Wars character.

Nalaniel
Originally posted by ILS
Nah bro it's Maul>Savage>Dooku~Vader

True. Slow robot man stands no chance against horny guys.

DarthAnt66
Originally posted by Nalaniel
True. Slow robot man stands no chance against horny guys.
DAMN

Marco1907

Anyone would slaughter me according to your point of view. Because Vader is the strongest one there is.

ILS
Originally posted by Nalaniel
True. Slow robot man stands no chance against horny guys. Exactly. Droids have no place taking on Nightbrother pure bloods.

Vader has a chance against Dooku due to the fact he can basically break Dooku's weakling arms through kinetic power blows, but Vader has no resistance to lightning whatsoever so Dooku could blow him up that way.

Marco1907
Btw, did Vader defeated two formidable jedi at the same time before ? I really wonder, because I don't remember, both Maul and Dooku were capable of doing such a thing. As long as I remember, he faced multiple jedi in the first series of Purge, and he lost it, though they were more than two and since he lost it, we can't use it as a source for this either.

No answer ?

Dionysus
Anyone would slaughter me according to your point of view. Because Vader is the strongest one there is. Finally you understand, Marco.

DarthAnt66
Polo.

Marco1907
Vader rules.

Vader moves faster than thought here ;
http://i1273.photobucket.com/albums/y418/karasakal_teach/StarWars-DarkTimesOcircCcediloumlASparkRemains005-013_zps437587b1.jpg

Vader stomps a very strong Jedi here ;

http://i1273.photobucket.com/albums/y418/karasakal_teach/pdf17_zps5447cfa5.png

Vader speedblitzes the bounty hunter here ;

http://i1273.photobucket.com/albums/y418/karasakal_teach/Star_Wars_Tales_n04-07_zps3f08fcba.jpg

This is a teleportation move, Vader learned this from Mace Windu.

http://i1273.photobucket.com/albums/y418/karasakal_teach/P00015_zps8143d7a3.jpg

Nalaniel
Those guys totally wrecked him. Oh, wait...

Dionysus
The butthurt is strong with this one.

Marco1907
The butthurt is strong with this one.

I am waiting for Vader feats, maybe you can explain his performances against Old Ben Kenobi and inexperienced Luke.

Vader is the weak link here imho.

Trocity
http://s21.photobucket.com/user/Frost327/media/Pictures/Vader%20vs%20Maul/SWT_09_01_Resurrection_042-043.jpg.html

Marco1907
Vader vs. Old An'ya Kuro...

Vader disarms her with ease.

http://i1273.photobucket.com/albums/y418/karasakal_teach/StarWarsTales02-016_zps6fa94eb3.jpg

http://i1273.photobucket.com/albums/y418/karasakal_teach/StarWarsTales02-020_zps8f3f1b04.jpg

http://i1273.photobucket.com/albums/y418/karasakal_teach/StarWarsTales02-021_zpse1f3db89.jpg

Marco1907
Originally posted by Trocity
http://s21.photobucket.com/user/Frost327/media/Pictures/Vader%20vs%20Maul/SWT_09_01_Resurrection_042-043.jpg.html

Great Cheap-shotting feat. So can we say TPM Kenobi > TPM Maul as well ?

Or this ?

http://i1273.photobucket.com/albums/y418/karasakal_teach/StarWarsTales09-039_zps74daefbe.jpg

Trocity
Maul moving so fast he dodges blaster bolts.

http://starwarsmaven.info/wp-content/uploads/2014/05/Darth-Maul-being-shot-at-and-leg-coming-off.png
Maul competing with Darth Sidious

http://media.tumblr.com/144264c2bd36b7a89e7dcdee28b31411/tumblr_inline_mhnbc2MoxD1qz4rgp.gif

Maul telling Sidious to give up, he has lost.

http://i14.servimg.com/u/f14/11/26/21/16/maul_a10.jpg

Marco1907
Vader speedblitzes another bounty hunter.

http://i1273.photobucket.com/albums/y418/karasakal_teach/StarWars-DarkTimesOcircCcediloumlASparkRemains002-012_zps07bd0f70.jpg

http://i1273.photobucket.com/albums/y418/karasakal_teach/StarWars-DarkTimesOcircCcediloumlASparkRemains002-013_zpsb9262b0e.jpg

Trocity
Slow, clunky Vader killed Darth Maul.

Darth Maul kind of sucks, doesn't he?

Marco1907
*Clone of Maul , You know originals > clones,

You can also argue TPM Kenobi > TPM Maul if you like cheap-shots.

DARTH POWER
Which is PIS, no better than TPM Kenobi's win. Don't expect from Maul to kill Vader in that timeline, he should've to lose somehow. The important point is, TPM Maul could kick Vader's ass. By Lucas and by starwars . com Vader's speed is inferior to Maul which is the game changer in duels.

http://i1273.photobucket.com/albums/y418/karasakal_teach/StarWarsTales09-039_zpsae66279b.jpg

No I meant the Star Wars Insider which showed the analyzed the versus.

Pretty much everyone and every source says either it will be a good fight, or that Vader wins. No one's ever said Maul would win.

Trocity
How many times is Darth Maul going to die?

What a shitty character, dies to a braided padawan, dies to a clunky robot man, and then thinks he can challenge the strongest sith lord ever?

Maul is as dumb as he is ugly.

Marco1907
No I meant the Star Wars Insider which showed the analyzed the versus.

Pretty much everyone and every source says either it will be a good fight, or that Vader wins. No one's ever said Maul would win.

Vader wins via popularity bro, only popularity.... By feats, Maul is superior.

Marco1907

What a shitty character, dies to a braided padawan, dies to a clunky robot man, and then thinks he can challenge the strongest sith lord ever?

Do you know that Maul also become a holo-ghost later and dueled with GM Luke ?

Trocity
Oh wow, so he dies AGAIN.

DARTH POWER

The real Maul hasn't actually died yet.

and then thinks he can challenge the strongest sith lord ever?

Actually it was the Strongest Sith Lord ever who challenged him.

And screw you, Maul looks cool as f***.

The ugliest Sith Lord is Sidious. But hey at least he's the strongest ever. I'm sure that helps him look in the mirror.

Vader wins via popularity bro, only popularity.... By feats, Maul is superior.

Popularity is what decides these things bro. It's popularity that will sway Lucas's mind from Vader being a slow half machine, to being 80% as Powerful as Sidious.

Marco1907
Holo-ghost of TPM Maul vs. GM Luke ;

http://i1273.photobucket.com/albums/y418/karasakal_teach/StarWarsTales17-027_zpsb83890ac.jpg

http://i1273.photobucket.com/albums/y418/karasakal_teach/StarWarsTales17-028_zps5843797f.jpg

http://i1273.photobucket.com/albums/y418/karasakal_teach/StarWarsTales17-029_zps8e11507e.jpg

http://i1273.photobucket.com/albums/y418/karasakal_teach/StarWarsTales17-030_zps339729f2.jpg

http://i1273.photobucket.com/albums/y418/karasakal_teach/StarWarsTales17-031_zpsd984723c.jpg

http://i1273.photobucket.com/albums/y418/karasakal_teach/StarWarsTales17-032_zps228bf4e4.jpg

http://i1273.photobucket.com/albums/y418/karasakal_teach/StarWarsTales17-033_zps1f36f180.jpg

http://i1273.photobucket.com/albums/y418/karasakal_teach/StarWarsTales17-034_zps0d30896f.jpg

Trocity
LOL

carthage
For a second there I thought it said Holy Ghost of Maul

Sinious
another baseless claim, did you understand when I said ''baseless claim'' ? I meant this, you said Vader is %80 of Sidious, yet Maul is unknown and you don't know him. How do you know that TCW Maul is not %90 of Sidious ? This is why you have baseless claims nothing more.

How do I know TCW Maul isnt %90 of Sidious? Well its easy. I watched TCW.

Don't even bother with this guy. If you don't think Maul is Sidious' equal, you hate Maul. laughing out loud

Dionysus
Don't even bother with this guy. If you don't think Maul is Sidious' equal, you hate Maul. laughing out loud

Yeah, basically if you disagree with him on Maul you're a Maul hater, lol.

SIDIOUS 66
What you think Sidious wouldn't beg for his life? And that's just a Maul thing? LOL

No it's a Sith thing. They desperately cling to life.

Maul learned well from Sidious. As Sidious proved when he begged Mace not to kill him. He may have been indirectly begging Skywalker to save him, but he WAS begging for mercy.

It's a Maul and Dooku thing to fear their abusive and sadistic master. In Maul's case, it's to the point of begging for mercy. Pretty sure Dooku would too, which explains why he let Anakin chop his head off instead of attempting to expose Palpatine's identity as Sidious: fearing his master more than death itself.

Sidious fears death (losing his power), Maul doesn't, he just fears Sidious. Maul begged for mercy, not his life.

Yes, because indirectly begging someone to save you is something anyone would do when their very life is in danger instead of continuing to weaken Mace's saber defense with lightning. Mace's struggle was real, while Palpatine being weak and loss of power was fake, which would indicate that Sidious had no reason to stop attacking, other than to pretend to be defenseless in order to force Anakin to interfere. Lucas concludes the reason for Sidious's feigning was what finalized Anakin's fall.

When Sidious's life was in danger, though; he killed his killer. He didn't beg.

Sidious is a true badass, and in all seriousness, Maul doesn't compare.

I'll address your other post later.

DARTH POWER
@S66: No Filoni's made it very clear that was a Sith over attachment to life thing. Nothing to do with being an apprentice.

All Sith seem like bad ass when they're kicking butt, but they will all seem pathetic when facing death. That's something Filoni's made pretty clear more than once.

SIDIOUS 66
@S66: No Filoni's made it very clear that was a Sith over attachment to life thing. Nothing to do with being an apprentice.

All Sith seem like bad ass when they're kicking butt, but they will all seem pathetic when facing death. That's something Filoni's made pretty clear more than once.

Don't try to turn this into a debate. You tried to make a comparison between the two, and Sidious beats Maul in every category where being a badass is concerned.

Filoni also Said Maul was scared of Sidious.

No that's not what I proved at all. I proved they're not "invisible". If they were Pre-Vizsla would never have been able to go toe to toe with Maul. And that's a damn cartoon.

You used to claim it was because Maul didn't use the force to augment his speed beyond that of Viszla's for that one fight. Your view has shifted only when I called you out on your double standards for not applying the same standard with Sidious vs. Maul and Savage.

I suppose your theory is that either:

A. Lucasfilm doesn't have the special effects to properly display "invisible" super speed. Not even in their animations or

B. It was simply artistic. Every single time, in every single Visual medium.
And that the only "real" speed is described to fans in the novels. So if you're not a SW Legends Eu fan you'll have no clue as to how fast they really are.

I'd say Lucas just doesn't give a shit about how fights look, otherwise he wouldn't have an old man doing the stunt of someone who can attack faster than jedi masters can react. Ian Mcdiarmid put so much emphasis on how much faster his character was supposed to be compared to other jedi, yet went on to do his own stunts, moving slower than my grandma, with his first two opponents being unable to react to his slow movements, despite being able to block blaster bolts. That scene was supposed to depict Palpatine as moving at speeds beyond just being invisible, considering that Tiin was in the same exact position when Sidious attacked him as he was in when Sidious attacked Kolar, whom Sidious attacked first. The fact that Lucas didn't care about how ridiculous one of the most important fights of the entire series looked, should tell you how much he cared about showcasing invisible speeds by slowing down the back ground. Obviously, he thought the implications were sufficient.

Still none of that explains how Pre-Vizsla fights Maul, and how Jango Fett fights Kenobi and Windu, and even kills Jedi. And how Hondo goes toe to toe with frigging Anakin Skywalker!

Any jedi who can react to multiple blaster bolts coming from different angles, shouldn't be on the receiving end of physical attacks from non-force users. If the writers don't care about how fighting a random human is inconsistent with a jedi's precognition, then why would they care about it being inconsistent with their other abilities? I mean, nightbrothers can punch wholes through concrete, yet Viszla takes physical attacks from Maul like a G, and even matches him in a saber lock (Maul's the guy who easily parried all of Savage's blows, BTW). Either Visla is just that durable and strong, or it's....inconsistent?

Hell, even in TCW cartoons, Ventress disarmed several clone troopers before they were able to react. Either Ventress is a lot faster than Maul, or Viszla is a great deal faster than top of the line human soldiers. Or how about the fact that the writers can be inconsistent? Yes, even in TCW.

I'll explain again to see if you can understand the point this time.

They have clear superhuman reflexes, coordination. And clear superhuman speed when they leap around. Our when they sprint.

But in their normal striking and movements during Lightsaber fights- All the visual evidence Live action and Animation shows "slight" superhuman speed at best. The only thing that contradicts that so far are Legends Novels.

No, the movie and the cartoons contradict themselves. It's not just in the movies and the cartoons, the EU does it too, such as Mandalore The Ultimate one shotting jedi, without any explanation as to how he does it, other than him being an exceptional warrior, which still doesn't explain why a jedi's force senses aren't sufficient to handle non- force sensitive warriors. It's ignorant writing. It's as if the writers are ignorant about a force users advantages despite those advantages being consistent in just about every source they appear in.

Your explanation makes absolutely no sense. You're suggesting that a force user can accelerate their speed to do acrobats and such, but can't do the same with striking speed? Damn, they need to focus on what's more important: fancy stunts or taking out a threatening opponent as fast as possible? I guess Sidious learned that it was more important to take out threatening opponents as fast as he could by the time he faced Mace and the B-team than doing fancy cartwheels/backflips/leaps as he was doing during his fight with Maul and Savage. After all, all those heavy implications of him toying with the bros are out of the question. Perhaps a better explanation for taking out force using masters before they could react, owed to Sidious learning to focus on enhancing his speed more on saber attacks than fancy stunts and leaps.

Now maybe it'll be different next year when Episode 7 changes that(might even see something on the trailers this year). But in the mean time the evidence so far is lacking. And evidence supporting the contrary is plenty.

It's not lacking. It's actually more consistent than fighting evenly with random humans.

Despite all that being said, though, I guess it's just safe to conclude that Maul, "being equal to Sidious in speed," would put Vizsla above master force users in speed, seeing as he held his own against Maul, rather than acknowledging that PIS/CIS is common among fiction?

BTW, just so you know, you are in the EU section.

Zenwolf
/Slow claps for Sidious 66

Very, very good man.

SIDIOUS 66
Originally posted by Zenwolf
/Slow claps for Sidious 66

Very, very good man.

Thank you, sir.

carthage
thumb up

<< THERE IS MORE FROM THIS THREAD HERE >>