Characters that need respect threads.

Text-only Version: Click HERE to see this thread with all of the graphics, features, and links.

Fated Xtasy
So, yeah. What are some characters that you guys think absolutely need respect threads?

For me, Kas'im and Kyle Katarn both need one, Ahsoka as well.Your thoughts?h

ILS
Luke and Anakin Skywalker.

ILS
I think Exar Kun could use an updated respect thread, as well as Plo Koon, maybe.

Aurra Sing, maybe.

A lot of them have been done.

carthage
Kyle Katarn, Darth Caedus, Ulic Qel Droma, Corran Horn, Ki Adi Mundi

ILS
Chewbacca and Han Solo apparently need one. Mother Talzin, although her showings are quite limited.

Someone should start an ongoing thread for Luke, Vader ect when their Canon novels and comics come out, in case they are portrayed differently from how the EU used to.

ILS
Originally posted by carthage
Kyle Katarn, Darth Caedus, Ulic Qel Droma, Corran Horn, Ki Adi Mundi JXM is working on Kyle's and Mundi's has been done.

http://www.comicvine.com/forums/gen-discussion-1/ki-adi-mundi-respect-thread-1599742/

NewGuy01
Why make one for Kas'im? Everyone and their cousin knows all of his feats anyway.

ILS
Luminara.

DarthAnt66
Luke, Vader, Anakin, Caedus, Jaina, Talon, Sazen, & Shado.

Nephthys
The Grand Champion of the Great Hunt.

Trocity
LOL @ a Kas'im respect thread.

Jaina, Caedus and Luke get my votes, though a Luke Skywalker respect thread would be a grand project indeed.

Good luck to whoever takes that on.

DarthAnt66
@NewGuy01 Your no longer interested? ^

ares834
None.

Dionysus
Originally posted by ILS
Luminara.

NewGuy01
Originally posted by Nephthys
The Grand Champion of the Great Hunt.

You made one already. erm

NewGuy01
Originally posted by DarthAnt66
Luke,

If only Silver's were still out there...

Nagaroth already has an excellent one up.

*cracks knuckles*

Apparently making this one is taboo, since JediXMan is working on it.

Nova has one up.

DarthAnt66
Lame.

Who?

:iwin:

Doesn't count.

Doesn't count.

NewGuy01
It really is. I mean, it was nearly twice the size of his Sidious one, and now gone.

http://www.comicvine.com/profile/zapan87/blog/darth-vader-respect-thread/98512/

Counts.

DarthAnt66
Sucks to suck.

Impressive.

Not even close.

chilled monkey
Originally posted by NewGuy01
You made one already. erm

No he hasn't.

He made respect threads for the Hero of Tython, Barsenthor, Darth Nox and a few others but not one for the TOR Bounty Hunter.

Fated Xtasy
I feel like Cipher 9 needs a respect thread to be honest.

WildBantha88
Silri hewhewhew.

For real though. Kit Fisto and Darth Zannah need one iirc

ILS
Kit Fisto got one
http://www.comicvine.com/profile/whirlwind_33/blog/kit-fisto-respect-thread/97926/

WildBantha88
Awesome thumb up

WildBantha88
Other than that, dozens of random unknowns hewhewhew

ILS
Indeed. Power to the unknowns.

carthage
Zannah needs a disrespect thread, she isn't important of a character to warrant a thread paying tribute to her mediocre feats

DarthAnt66
Zannah needs a disrespect thread, she isn't important of a character to warrant a thread paying tribute to her mediocre feats
http://img3.wikia.nocookie.net/__cb20130617193653/fantendo/images/3/36/Happy_gif.gif http://stream1.gifsoup.com/view2/2168000/super-happy-nets-fan-o.gif

WildBantha88
Does Adi gallia have one?

Zenwolf
Originally posted by WildBantha88
Does Adi gallia have one?

Don't think so.

On a note, I made some respect threads for a few non-Force users on CV and two respect threads for two SW organizations/governments.

Trocity
Do you mind linking? I'd personally enjoy reading them, I love respect threads.

Zenwolf
Originally posted by Trocity
Do you mind linking? I'd personally enjoy reading them, I love respect threads.

Sure.

Kir Kanos= http://www.comicvine.com/forums/gen-discussion-1/star-wars-kir-kanos-respect-thread-1553823/

Agent Cross= http://www.comicvine.com/forums/gen-discussion-1/star-wars-agent-cross-respect-thread-1599880/

IG-88= http://www.comicvine.com/forums/gen-discussion-1/star-wars-ig-88-respect-thread-1570917/

Black Sun= http://www.comicvine.com/profile/wolfrazer/blog/star-wars-a-look-at-the-black-sun/100142/

Galactic Empire= http://www.comicvine.com/profile/wolfrazer/blog/star-wars-a-look-at-the-galactic-empire-military/100281/

NewGuy01
Oh I've seen the Kir Kanos one.

Fated Xtasy
Oh I've seen the Kir Kanos one.

Still waiting for that Shaak Ti one Sas wink

Trocity
Much appreciated!

WildBantha88
I still think there should be one massive Thrawn respect thread

NewGuy01
Originally posted by Fated Xtasy
Still waiting for that Shaak Ti one Sas wink

Still waiting for someone to let me know how on earth one would go about working the CV layout. big grin

Fated Xtasy
Still waiting for someone to let me know how on earth one would go about working the CV layout. big grin

Are you free next Saturday? I'll just guide you through the steps Via chatzy if you'd like. Of course you could also ask ant to help you too.

deathslash
Is there a Quinlan vos thread yet? Zayne carrick, mandalor the ultimate, carth onasi, Han solo, and chewbacca threads all need to be made. I feel like we need a respect thread directory so that it could be a lot easier to find the characters that you're searching for.

NewGuy01
Yes there is, courtesy of ILS.

ILS
Still waiting for someone to let me know how on earth one would go about working the CV layout. big grin If you have an account on CV tell me your user, I could PM you and show you how it all works. It's not too hard once you get the hang of it, probably easier to use than vBcode.

DarthAnt66
http://media.tumblr.com/tumblr_mbhswkLziL1ror6v2.gif

ILS
Originally posted by deathslash
I feel like we need a respect thread directory so that it could be a lot easier to find the characters that you're searching for. That's a good idea, actually.

DarthAnt66
I'll make it.

deathslash
Originally posted by ILS
That's a good idea, actually. thank you

Zenwolf
Much appreciated!

So whadda ya think of em?

NewGuy01
IG-88 one was an eye-opener.

Zenwolf
IG-88 one was an eye-opener.

Yeah 88 is a really underrated character, hope he stays around in this new Star Wars EU.

Beniboybling
Wolf is that you? stick out tongue

Zenwolf
Originally posted by Beniboybling
Wolf is that you? stick out tongue

Well yeah Beni, thought you knew. Or at least figured Aurbere or Sel would have told ya.

DarthAnt66
Ew, gtfo. SWTOR jealous of KMC's superior activity and members. laughing out loud

Beniboybling
Originally posted by Zenwolf
Well yeah Beni, thought you knew. Or at least figured Aurbere or Sel would have told ya. Yeah I heard, just checking. stick out tongue

Zenwolf
Ew, gtfo. SWTOR jealous of KMC's superior activity and members. laughing out loud

Nah I'm just here cause posting is free, don't wanna resub to TOR just yet. So I got this place and CV for now.

DarthAnt66
lol

WildBantha88
Darthant do u wanna have a 1 on 1 debate?

DarthAnt66
On what characters?

WildBantha88
I just finished gathering material on another random unknown. He is pretty low tier, IDC who you wanna represent

DarthAnt66
Character name?

WildBantha88
Yaru korsin

DarthAnt66
No thanks.

WildBantha88
Anyone else interested?

Zenwolf
So I made a new(yet abit small) respect thread for the Ninth Assassin!

http://www.comicvine.com/forums/gen-discussion-1/star-wars-ninth-assassin-respect-thread-1623001/#1

Fated Xtasy
So I made a new(yet abit small) respect thread for the Ninth Assassin!

http://www.comicvine.com/forums/gen-discussion-1/star-wars-ninth-assassin-respect-thread-1623001/#1

Nice thread Zen, he seems like a decent character.

As for the.main topic. I think Wyyrlok deserves a respect thread, I might make one for Xanatos in the future seeing as I will be reading through the Jedi quest/apprentice books anyway. Also dark woman could use a respect thread also what about Aayla Secura? She needs one.

Zenwolf
Nice thread Zen, he seems like a decent character.

As for the.main topic. I think Wyyrlok deserves a respect thread, I might make one for Xanatos in the future seeing as I will be reading through the Jedi quest/apprentice books anyway. Also dark woman could use a respect thread also what about Aayla Secura? She needs one.

Thanks, kinda sucks he only appears in 5 issues, but oh well, still awesome!

AncientPower
Originally posted by ILS
I think Exar Kun could use an updated respect thread, as well as Plo Koon, maybe.

I am in said process as you can see but have been held up for quite awhile.

AncientPower
Ulic Qel-Droma desperately needs one.

ILS
Originally posted by AncientPower
I am in said process as you can see but have been held up for quite awhile. I'm trying to gather material on him as well. Are you making a KMC thread or a CV one? If the former, I could make the CV one. If you want to make it on CV, I'll just give you any material that you may be missing.

ILS
Originally posted by AncientPower
Ulic Qel-Droma desperately needs one. And yeah, I'm thinking of making this as well. I have pretty much all of his comic feats, just need to supplement it with sourcebook stuff.

AncientPower
I already have my Ultimate Respect Thread WIP up it is a matter now of simply implementing a physicality section and equipment section then adding any other minor quotes in and then putting it up on CV. My access to any sources is stretched now however.

Ulic has some really nice sourcebook quotes but I have only seen them posted on here.

ILS
Well, I'm going through all of Kun's appearances and sourcebook entries systematically, so if I see anything I'll post it.

ILS
Guys, there has been a new legal ruling on posting comic pages on Comic Vine.

Long story short - You can only post a maximum of three full pages, from a single issue, per thread. I.e, you can post three pages from Darth Maul #1, but no more. You can post three pages from Darth Maul #2, no more. After you've posted three, you can't post any more in that thread.

You can post as many individual cropped panels as you want, but you aren't allowed to go overboard, i.e posting an entire comic in panel form.

This applies to respect threads as well... so if you want to post Darth Maul vs Darth Vader from the Resurrection comic in it's full-page format, you're essentially breaking this rule six times over.

http://www.comicvine.com/forums/battles-7/new-images-scans-rule-1623136/#30

So yeah.. now I need to edit like a dozen respect threads...

Fated Xtasy
That sucks, especially for comic book characters. I wonder if this might also affect novels sometime in the future.

DarthAnt66
Holy ****, that BLOWS. My Cade Skywalker thread has 125 scans. Meh, I'm keeping it.

ILS
You were posting most of that stuff in panel form though, weren't you Ant?

Something like my King Ommin thread would be a decent guide for how to lay out comic feats, because I essentially copied Ant and posted everything in panel format:
http://www.comicvine.com/profile/i_like_swords/blog/king-ommin-respect-thread/101298/

ILS
That sucks, especially for comic book characters. I wonder if this might also affect novels sometime in the future. It does. Novels should be okay.. we only post excerpts from novels anyway and it's a comic site primarily.

DarthAnt66
No, I posted 100 of the 125 in full page form. I'm not changing it though until they give me a warning.

ILS
Yeah.. yours will be fine because it's on the down-low. Hopefully the mods don't execute Order 66 on all respect threads.

Zenwolf
Yeah....F that, I ain't changing my respect threads unless called out on it. Comic companies thus far haven't done anything.

DarthAnt66
This is how I picture what will happen when the mods go on a rampage:
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=zCNgNkAZqg4

ILS
Sorry for the scare, guiz. Your RT's are safe, just need to follow the new rule for the new ones.

Zenwolf
Originally posted by ILS
Sorry for the scare, guiz. Your RT's are safe, just need to follow the new rule for the new ones.

Well that's good at least.

Jmanghan
Thrawn.

Zenwolf
I'm still going back and forth about doing a Han Solo RT. I wanna do it, the same time though, so much reading, even if I don't go past ROTJ. But I know he needs one.

Fated Xtasy
I'm tellin ya. Do a canon Han one.

Anyways. I'm gonna finish up my debate with bantha and finish my Desann since it's the fastest. Then move on to Kam, and Tionne. Kyle Katarn. And lastly Tenel Ka, Tahiri, Anakin Solo. Then I'll polish up all my old RTs

|King Joker|
Originally posted by ILS
Luminara. https://m.popkey.co/eb7fd3/Aoa6x.gif

Zenwolf
I'm tellin ya. Do a canon Han one.

Anyways. I'm gonna finish up my debate with bantha and finish my Desann since it's the fastest. Then move on to Kam, and Tionne. Kyle Katarn. And lastly Tenel Ka, Tahiri, Anakin Solo. Then I'll polish up all my old RTs

I'm not sure I have all the material for a HS RT...plus I know it wouldn't be as great if I did a Legends one.

I much prefer to stick to Legends, as I have a lot more material to work with.

But I'm sure I'll get to doing it eventually, could probably just do bits and pieces as time goes on and then just put it on in a thread.

Ursumeles
Welk and Lomi Plo.
I work on a Cilghal, Teneniel Djo and Gantoris, and after that, UnuThul.

carthage
Ben Skywalker, Tahiri Vella, Corran Horn,

JKBart
Johun Othone

Ursumeles
Ben Skywalker, Tahiri Vella, Corran Horn,
Fated does one to Tahiri. But yeah, Corran needs one. So do Ben and Vestara.

@JKBart lol

JKBart
Johun is the best character of darth bane trilogy

Ursumeles
So he is sub-Jysella?

Fated Xtasy
Tahiri and Annie Solo are MINE.

I did not read through JJK to not make an RT for em

I honest to god don't give a single **** if someone already made one. Mine are simply better and more complete

deathslash
Has anyone done a ulic quel-droma thread yet?

Zenwolf
Originally posted by deathslash
Has anyone done a ulic quel-droma thread yet?

Yeah.

Jmanghan
I'm working on my Nikkos Tyris respect thread.

Ursumeles
Tahiri and Annie Solo are MINE.

I did not read through JJK to not make an RT for em

I honest to god don't give a single **** if someone already made one. Mine are simply better and more complete
Don't forget Tenel Ka!

Jmanghan
Corran Horn.

Emperordmb
I know a guy whose working on a Corran RT

Ursumeles
Originally posted by Emperordmb
I know a guy whose working on a Corran RT
I know a guy who knows a guy who works on a Corran RT.

Ursumeles
Ben Skywalker.

Jmanghan
Do you mind linking? I'd personally enjoy reading them, I love respect threads. Oh yeah?

cs_zoltan
Why?

Geistalt
Lana Beniko and Kephess.

Geistalt
Darth Caedus (and pre-Caedus Jacen).

Nephthys
Yeah, Jacen really needs a respect thread. Someone should really get on that.

Ursumeles
Yes. @Ant

DarthAnt66
I actually made some more progress on that last night.

Ursumeles
I am proud of you smile

Geistalt
I'm more grateful for your ardor for reading and sharing SW knowledge.

DarthDuelist9
I'm making a Lana Beniko, Zakuul Knights and Senya respect thread.

Edit: I also want to do a Ben Skywalker respect thread

Ursumeles
Originally posted by DarthDuelist9
I'm making a Lana Beniko and Senya respect thread.

Edit: I also want to do a Ben Skywalker respect thread
Noice thumb up
Atm, I am working on my Cilghal and Gantoris RT. Possible some to Raynar Thul, Tsavong Lah and Vestara will follow.

Jmanghan
I'm working on one atm, but you guys won't know till later.

DarthDuelist9
Oh yeah, I'm also working on a Canon Maul Respect Thread btw

cs_zoltan
Disrespect thread you mean?

Emperordmb
I posted my Father of Mortis respect thread a week ago.

Jmanghan
I posted my Father of Mortis respect thread a week ago. Uh, a book?

DarthAnt66
Oh yeah, I'm also working on a Canon Maul Respect Thread btw
How many RTs are you going to make, Jesus Christ?

Jmanghan
How many RTs are you going to make, Jesus Christ? The more the merrier.

Emperordmb
Originally posted by Jmanghan
Uh, a book?
What?

DarthDuelist9
How many RTs are you going to make, Jesus Christ?

Can't make any promises on the Canon Maul RT since he's last on my list but the other ones (Senya, Zakuul Knights, Lana Beniko and Ben Skywalker) are in production. Then again, looking at the amount of RT's for example you or Nova have created, I'll need to do my best if I ever want to catch up wink

Jmanghan
I'll start working on a few of mine if I can ever get on a ****ing computer...

My damn brother uses it all day, and by the time I can get on, its 11:30PM.

Fated Xtasy
Currently in production:

Desann RT.

Kam Solusar RT.

Updates for the following will occur soon:

Jaden Korr Respect Thread.

Feats will be ranked chronologically rather than the most to least impressive.

Updates to images.

Grammar mistakes corrected.

Depa Billaba:

Feats and quotes from novels will be added to her new canon section.

Updated images.

Links to her foes' RT's

Grammar mistakes corrected.

Alora:

Alora's Rt will now be shared with the Kathos twins from the Jedi Academy game, and act as a supplementary thread for my Jaden one.

Tavion Axmis:

New feats and powers revealed by the Jedi Academy prima guide.

New images.

(if Nova grants me permission I would use the Ragnos thread as a Supplementary for Axmis' thread)

Overall. I'll be organising a great deal of my threads to provide readers a more comprehensive and organized thread, while expanding on my shorter threads. Hopefully i can get to it this weekend.

DarthDuelist9
Anyone made a complete Jax Pavan RT? Otherwise I'm interested in doing one

Zenwolf
Anyone made a complete Jax Pavan RT? Otherwise I'm interested in doing one

Yeah there is one.

http://comicvine.gamespot.com/profile/fated_xtasy/blog/jax-pavan-respect-thread/102249/

Jmanghan
I don't think I have the motivation to finish my Jensaarai Defender RT.

Zenwolf
Eh that's ok, I've been back and forth on a Senate Guard/Commando one and Han Solo.

The Ellimist
CAEDUS

Jmanghan
Originally posted by The Ellimist
CAEDUS Absolutely.

Emperordmb
CAEDUS
watch?v=-nZhuWIqG9E

Fated Xtasy
Eh that's ok, I've been back and forth on a Senate Guard/Commando one and Han Solo.

I will seriously blow you if you do a Han one.

Also I wanna do a full Leia one. The girl one shotted a ****ing Krayt Dragon with a blaster.

Zenwolf

Also I wanna do a full Leia one. The girl one shotted a ****ing Krayt Dragon with a blaster.

Eh too much reading, even if I just narrow it down to strictly OT.

Also she did? That's pretty nice, especially since the weakpoint on a Krayt Dragon is its sinus cavity.

DarthAnt66
CAEDUS
https://67.media.tumblr.com/4f2a6cdde93e0a059a5ddcb303071fe7/tumblr_n81ypmYvha1rvhqlvo1_500.gif

Jmanghan

Also I wanna do a full Leia one. The girl one shotted a ****ing Krayt Dragon with a blaster. YOU ARE NEEDED IN AISLE 2.

Jmanghan
https://67.media.tumblr.com/4f2a6cdde93e0a059a5ddcb303071fe7/tumblr_n81ypmYvha1rvhqlvo1_500.gif Yeah, we need one of them.

I'm trying to educate BazookaMaster on SW, so I sent him a plethora of RT's.

Fated Xtasy
Eh too much reading, even if I just narrow it down to strictly OT.

Also she did? That's pretty nice, especially since the weakpoint on a Krayt Dragon is its sinus cavity.

Awww lame. And yeh in Rebel Force.

YOU ARE NEEDED IN AISLE 2.

Hmm?

Zenwolf

Which one?

Fated Xtasy
Which one?

Not quite sure. I believe its the one that includes Bossk. Target? I think? It's one of the few SW books that captures the relationship of pre marriage Leia and Han

Jmanghan

Hmm?

You know what I'm on about, young lady!

Fated Xtasy
You know what I'm on about, young lady!

Not sure if a joke or...

Well just to clarify I'm male lol. Also kk gimme a chance to chill tho. Just got off of work.

Zenwolf
Not quite sure. I believe its the one that includes Bossk. Target? I think? It's one of the few SW books that captures the relationship of pre marriage Leia and Han

Found it, was in Renegade pretty nice accuracy feat given how huge the dragon was and how small the spot was.

Jmanghan
Not sure if a joke or...

Well just to clarify I'm male lol. Also kk gimme a chance to chill tho. Just got off of work. -Is waiting for you to finish chilling-

Fated Xtasy
-Is waiting for you to finish chilling-

It's a bit half assed but yeh. Tis done

Jmanghan
It's a bit half assed but yeh. Tis done Half-assed? Did you see mine?

Fated Xtasy
Half-assed? Did you see mine?

Well mine's worse lmao

Emperordmb
Luke Skywalker. If someone legitimately pulled that off, that would dwarf even threads like my Bane RT, Ant's Revan RT, Silver's Sheev RT, Zapan's Vader RT, etc.

It would be the absolute crowning jewel of SW respect threads.

Fated Xtasy
Luke Skywalker. If someone legitimately pulled that off, that would dwarf even threads like my Bane RT, Ant's Revan RT, Silver's Sheev RT, Zapan's Vader RT, etc.

It would be the absolute crowning jewel of SW respect threads.

Challenge accepted.

The Ellimist
Challenge accepted.

Who's gonna get to it first? smile

Emperordmb
Ant will claim it... and it won't be done till 2040... after Ant claims 30 more times that he'll retire within a few months.

DarthAnt66
I haven't retired, but I'm definitely less active than I used to be, especially on ComicVine.

<< THERE IS MORE FROM THIS THREAD HERE >>