A Proposed Amendment for the MVF Rules

Text-only Version: Click HERE to see this thread with all of the graphics, features, and links.

Impediment
People have been sending me PMs asking for an amendment to the MVF rules that they feel would help the flow of thread discussion, so here is the thread where we can all discuss said proposal.

Basically, this amendment would allow legitimizing the source material of a movie/movies when said movie or series of movies is based on another source, such as books, manga/anime, and comic books.

Some people feel that "Movie feats only" is a hindrance to the productivity of threads about certain topics and would like to see specific source material allowed for future debates.

Just to be absolutely clear, this proposition does NOT mean that comic book/book/etc feats will be allowed. It strictly means that background source material will be allowed. I should have clarified that better.

The poll is listed and it's in the hands of everyone here.

Yea, or nay? Why or why not?

Robtard
It's going to be an "Everything Vs" forum them.

Unless the original source (book, comic etc) is used to fill in unknown/unexplained aspects of the film, but the original source shouldn't supersede the film in the MVF, if there should be conflicting information.

eg, if film MoS should show immunity to magic, then that is canon as far as the MVF is concerned, even though it goes against decades of source material

Quincy
That's a tough call. On the one hand, we get deeper explanation of how things work in the source material. But oftentimes they abilities of their cinematic counterparts don't sync up.

Darkstorm Zero
I personally don't have a problem with the movie canon taking precedence. However, when something is not explained by the movie, for whatever reason (time constraints for example) then having the source material on hand is preferable to "If it's not in the movie it is illegal".

Basically it's closing a technicality loophole.

Lestov16
I don't have a problem with non-film sources as long as they are canon to the films.

dadudemon
Originally posted by Lestov16
I don't have a problem with non-film sources as long as they are canon to the films.

This is pretty much what I say.

If the movie contradicts the canon source material, the source material should trump the movie.

If we need more information from the canon source material, it should be used.

So, for Twilight, the books clarify quite a few things as there are far better explanations of their powers in the books.

Same with LotR. I can think of a few threads where being able to use the explanations from the books would have resolved some thread-lock.

Same with HP.

RJ 2.0
Originally posted by Impediment
People have been sending me PMs asking for an amendment to the MVF rules that they feel would help the flow of thread discussion, so here is the thread where we can all discuss said proposal.

Basically, this amendment would allow legitimizing the source material of a movie/movies when said movie or series of movies is based on another source, such as books, manga/anime, and comic books.

Some people feel that "Movie feats only" is a hindrance to the productivity of threads about certain topics and would like to see source material allowed for future debates.

Yea, or nay? Why or why not? Yea.

Impediment
Just to be absolutely clear, this proposition does NOT mean that comic book/book/etc feats will be allowed. It strictly means that background source material will be allowed. I should have clarified that better.

BruceSkywalker

Some people feel that "Movie feats only" is a hindrance to the productivity of threads about certain topics and would like to see specific source material allowed for future debates.

Yea, or nay? Why or why not?

Yea

Bashar Teg
it seems like a great idea

...until the topic involves a star wars character and expanded-universe zombies come lurching and referencing every last lucasarts-licensed paperback as irrefutable evidence.

Tattoos N Scars
I say yea

Time Immemorial
HMMMM

Time Immemorial

I agree to this.

NemeBro

Yea, or nay? Why or why not? Like with what? Lord of the Rings and shit?

I'd say no.

KuRuPT Thanosi

I agree with this proposal... For example me and clownshoes were discussing Gandalf and he was says he's not a maia because it never says so in the movie. That makes zero sense to me as we know what he is and where he came from because, other, more detailed sources (which the movie is based on) tells us.

IMO is a movie is based directly on a book.. than material from both should carry equal weight. If a feat is in a book but didn't make it to the big screen it should still count. However, if a movie is based on a character who's been in multiple comic book for example.. then those feats from multiple comics don't count.. only the movie. That's ideally how I'd like to see things done. If this isn't acceptable to most.. Than at the VERY least...

Source material should count as far as background information about abilities... history etc etc even if feats from the book don't directly count (unless they did it in the movie as well)

KuRuPT Thanosi
Originally posted by NemeBro
Like with what? Lord of the Rings and shit?

I'd say no.

I just referenced this is my previous post. It absolutely should count. Someone says Gandalf isn't a Maia because that name isn't ever said in the movie... That's retarded. We know what he is. If you mean all stuff from the Sim. shouldn't all count.. I get that to a point. But some of it should absolutely count.

Time Immemorial
Originally posted by KuRuPT Thanosi
I agree with this proposal... For example me and clownshoes were discussing Gandalf....

Lolz and profiled.

NemeBro
I just referenced this is my previous post. It absolutely should count. Someone says Gandalf isn't a Maia because that name isn't ever said in the movie... That's retarded. We know what he is. If you mean all stuff from the Sim. shouldn't all count.. I get that to a point. But some of it should absolutely count. Look, I get that you want Galadriel to be a fortress obliterating badass and all, but why should we give them feats that don't exist in the films?

What if the vision in the films was a more down to earth, less superhuman portrayal (as evidenced by Gandalf's relatively unimpressive showing against the Balrog)?

Nah, **** that.

KuRuPT Thanosi
Look, I get that you want Galadriel to be a fortress obliterating badass and all, but why should we give them feats that don't exist in the films?

What if the vision in the films was a more down to earth, less superhuman portrayal (as evidenced by Gandalf's relatively unimpressive showing against the Balrog)?

Nah, **** that.

So Gandalf isn't a Maia then because it was never said in the movie? Forget feats for a moment.. I'm referring to background material only right now

Lestov16
To your question, yes. Giving Gandalf Maiar status that was never stated is just as bad as giving Hulk comic levels of power he hasn't displayed. ONLY fiction canon to the films should be applied, not fiction the films were adapted from. Also, should a canon source contradict the film, it is the film whose merit counts the most.

NemeBro
So Gandalf isn't a Maia then because it was never said in the movie? Forget feats for a moment.. I'm referring to background material only right now Why would I forget feats? This is a versus forum. If you want to call Gandalf a maia then go ahead dude. What we shouldn't do is give him the power he has in the books.

Robtard
In regards to Gandalf, saying he's a "Maia" or not is kind of pointless, call him "some old man" if you like and he's still the badass who did this:

44kBN340vd4

Scene still sends tingles up my spine

FrothByte
I would have to say no. There's too much non-movie sources and it would be too much research to have to go through them when trying to debate an issue.

For example, is everyone willing to read through the Twilight books whenever a twilight character is being debated?

When talking about movie characters, it's easy to youtube or google scenes to back yourself up. When we take in other sources then it will be a ridiculous amount of info and would be tough to call who's inventing stuff up and who's really basing off of feats. It would be a big mess.

Time Immemorial
Froth makes an excellent point.

dadudemon
Originally posted by FrothByte
I would have to say no. There's too much non-movie sources and it would be too much research to have to go through them when trying to debate an issue.

For example, is everyone willing to read through the Twilight books whenever a twilight character is being debated?

When talking about movie characters, it's easy to youtube or google scenes to back yourself up. When we take in other sources then it will be a ridiculous amount of info and would be tough to call who's inventing stuff up and who's really basing off of feats. It would be a big mess.

Yeah, no body should be subjected to Meyer's horrendous writing.

But using the books to figure out exactly how...uh...what's his name? The Civil War vet...I forget his name. Jasper! Using the books to figure out how Jasper's emotion stuff works is certainly helpful in a vs. match-up. Using the books, we can determine that Jasper cannot use his ability on Hulk unless he's within ...I dunno...20 feet? And, at that, his power would definitely work (because Hulk is never shown to have mind-control blocking powers from his recent movie incarnations).

From the films, we can never ever determine this.

Riot-Gear
Let me start by saying this rule, would in no way make things easier. It just going to complicate debates and bog them down with arguments about canon.

Think about it right now the movies are canon end of story. When you introduce more source material. You end up with a tiered canon system or one source over riding the others etc. Arguments about which source takes precedents etc and you end up talking more about the mechanics of the fight if you will and less about the fight itself.

Not to mention as others have said movies are simply easier media to find/consume.

So for anybody whose thinking this will make things easier, it wont.

That said. If we are going to go forth with this conversation. I feel like their are a couple of different kinds of "source material".

The first one being the most discussed kind so far and that is adaptations. Such as Twilight or Lord of the Rings. Movies that retell the books story, but change or leave things out to suit their needs.

This kind of source material should probably not be used. Lest we end up with the movie Mobile Infantry having access to the Marauder suits from the Starship Troopers book. No, just no movie continuity is different from book continuity.

On the other hand we have cases were the "source material" expands on the universe/story of the movie. Such as Star Wars. Its Expanded Universe is supposed to line up with the movies and exist with in the same continuity. Therefore I less issue with using it. It'd still make Star Wars debates more complicated, but a case could be made for using it.

Perhaps instead of a sweeping rule change and one size fits all policy. We should instead allow the thread creator the freedom to dictate what sources are allowed, with in that particular thread. Even this can turn into a cluster, but a I feel like it's good middle ground.

So keep the MVF default as movies only, but should some what to make a thread that allows outside sources. Let them, though maybe it should be noted some how in the title.

Riot-Gear
Originally posted by dadudemon
Yeah, no body should be subjected to Meyer's horrendous writing.

But using the books to figure out exactly how...uh...what's his name? The Civil War vet...I forget his name. Jasper! Using the books to figure out how Jasper's emotion stuff works is certainly helpful in a vs. match-up. Using the books, we can determine that Jasper cannot use his ability on Hulk unless he's within ...I dunno...20 feet? And, at that, his power would definitely work (because Hulk is never shown to have mind-control blocking powers from his recent movie incarnations).

From the films, we can never ever determine this.

I'm pretty sure Hulk has resisted mind control in the comics. I think it was even explained why at some point and given the implications of this rule Hulk's comics should be just as valid a source for him as the Twilight books are for Jasper.

Riot-Gear
Originally posted by dadudemon
This is pretty much what I say.

If the movie contradicts the canon source material, the source material should trump the movie.

If we need more information from the canon source material, it should be used.

So, for Twilight, the books clarify quite a few things as there are far better explanations of their powers in the books.

Same with LotR. I can think of a few threads where being able to use the explanations from the books would have resolved some thread-lock.

Same with HP.

At that point aren't you just talking about the book versions? and whats the point of having the conversation in the MOVIE versus forum?

Darkstorm Zero
Originally posted by FrothByte

When talking about movie characters, it's easy to youtube or google scenes to back yourself up. When we take in other sources then it will be a ridiculous amount of info and would be tough to call who's inventing stuff up and who's really basing off of feats. It would be a big mess. Originally posted by Riot-Gear
I'm pretty sure Hulk has resisted mind control in the comics. I think it was even explained why at some point and given the implications of this rule Hulk's comics should be just as valid a source for him as the Twilight books are for Jasper. Originally posted by Riot-Gear
At that point aren't you just talking about the book versions? and whats the point of having the conversation in the MOVIE versus forum?

All of these issues can simply be resolved. Movie canon supercedes all. This clause is to root out the technicality that when a movie or franchise is based off of something like a book, then the source material should count and not be disgarded.

And stop being so lazy about research for debates. That kind of irresponsible debating leads to half the flamewars in this place to begin with. mad

Riot-Gear
Originally posted by Darkstorm Zero
All of these issues can simply be resolved. Movie canon supercedes all.

First off, you'd need a second vote at least to establish that. Second off anybody that has dealt with debates involving multiple sources can tell you it's never that simple. What you basically end up with an argument about whether the movie is in fact in conflicted with the book or not. Trust me people can twist sources to meet their needs.

This clause is to root out the technicality that when a movie or franchise is based off of something like a book, then the source material should count and not be disgarded.

Regardless of what this clause was set up to do. It will complicate things, not make them easier.

Also as I've mentioned why should we assume the movieverse is the same as that presented in the book. Given most of them have clear and present differences.

Like I said its different if its an inclusive universe built from multiple sources and medias.

Do you really want Comic hulk, Ferrigno Hulk, Bana Hulk, animated Hulk, and Avengers Hulk to count as the same person, do you think that even makes sense?

And stop being so lazy about research for debates. That kind of irresponsible debating leads to half the flamewars in this place to begin with. mad

So not reading the book a Movie was adapted from to have a debate in a MOVIE versus forum. Is lazy.

That like saying not watching the movie is lazy when you write a book report.

I mean seriously do you really think the Starship Troopers movie and book exist in the same continuity?

Darkstorm Zero
Originally posted by Riot-Gear
First off, you'd need a second vote at least to establish that. Second off anybody that has dealt with debates involving multiple sources can tell you it's never that simple. What you basically end up with an argument about whether the movie is in fact in conflicted with the book or not. Trust me people can twist sources to meet their needs.

#1: No, you don't. That's giving away the power of the rules and the OP, if you do that, then your not doing it right.

#2: I'm a regular at Spacebattles. I know what multi-source wars are.

#3: Here, the movie canon is still the highest source, but that does not mean that the books or other original sources are discounted. Basically put, movies take prime source, not the absolute and only source.

Regardless of what this clause was set up to do. It will complicate things, not make them easier.

Question then, why are you even in here? Debates are meant to be complex, not decided with one liners like most people here use.

Also as I've mentioned why should we assume the movieverse is the same as that presented in the book. Given most of them have clear and present differences.

Because sh!t like time and budget constraints, creative choices, edit cuts, and all that other stuff plays a factor. A lot of the basis for the movies story and background gets lost in transition, and much of that background becomes non-canon, or illegal under the current rules. This needs to change.

Like I said its different if its an inclusive universe built from multiple sources and medias.

How so?

Do you really want Comic hulk, Ferrigno Hulk, Bana Hulk, animated Hulk, and Avengers Hulk to count as the same person, do you think that even makes sense?

There is a huge difference between that and what I am describing, Riot.

So not reading the book a Movie was adapted from to have a debate in a MOVIE versus forum. Is lazy.

Not checking the source material, however, is.

That like saying not watching the movie is lazy when you write a book report.

Are we writing book reports? No. He are debating vs matches, which requires research on more than the one source of media you wish to utilise. It's utilising all related sources. Failure to do this leads to half formed opinions that should have been aborted before they formed.

I mean seriously do you really think the Starship Troopers movie and book exist in the same continuity?

Which came first? What is the original source?

Riot-Gear
#1: No, you don't. That's giving away the power of the rules and the OP, if you do that, then your not doing it right.

Have you read this thread so far, we've got poster suggesting that in the case of conflict then original source should be takien over the movie. Then we've got people like you that are purposing the opposite. So those details would have to be hashed out.

#2: I'm a regular at Spacebattles. I know what multi-source wars are.

And you've learned nothing from your experience. You've never slogged threw page after page of argument over whether a piece of evidence counts instead of debating the actually versus the thread is about? And if you have you want to recreate that cluster here? Really, seriously?

#3: Here, the movie canon is still the highest source, but that does not mean that the books or other original sources are discounted. Basically put, movies take prime source, not the absolute and only source.

You're still not getting it. How do you establish a contradiction between the two sources.

If you've really spent time on Spacebattles think about all the arguments had about the Star Wars EU vs the movies and what evidence counts and doesn't.

And you don't think it'd happen here to?

Question then, why are you even in here? Debates are meant to be complex, not decided with one liners like most people here use.

Maybe I should clarify context. Their seems to be school of thought that thinks this rule will clear thing up or make the debates easier. I was simply pointing out it wont.

That said complex is fine, but making things overly complex just for complexities sake. Is pointless and time consuming.

Because sh!t like time and budget constraints, creative choices, edit cuts, and all that other stuff plays a factor. A lot of the basis for the movies story and background gets lost in transition, and much of that background becomes non-canon, or illegal under the current rules. This needs to change.

This isn't really an answer to the question you quoted.

Lets go over it anyway. Maybe changes are made because of the issues you mentioned on the other hand maybe things were changed on purpose. In other words going down that road basically turns into an argument about author intent.

Trust me you don't want to deal with that.

How so?

Because an adaptation, is a re-telling of a story, changed as needed. That doesn't all way and doesn't actually need to concern itself with the original version.

Some thing like the Star Wars EU on the is designed to work together and be part of the same continuity.

There's a big difference.

There is a huge difference between that and what I am describing, Riot.

How so?

Not checking the source material, however, is.

You mean like not watching the movie? Because you do realise this is a MOVIE versus forum? Right?

Are we writing book reports? No. He are debating vs matches, which requires research on more than the one source of media you wish to utilise. It's utilising all related sources. Failure to do this leads to half formed opinions that should have been aborted before they formed.

Explain to me why you think sources that exist in clearly different continuities should be utilised?

Explain to me why non-movie sources, should be used in a movie versus forum?

Explain to me how opinions about movies, based on those movies is half formed?

Which came first? What is the original source?

The book, but it doesn't matter. I your not familiar with it. The example means nothing.

Let me ask you a different question. If their was a Book Versus Forum and somebody wanted to bring in information from the film version of a character, would you be okay with it?

Placidity
I say no.

People will spend more time arguing about what can be used/not used than the actual topic.

Every other section limits allowable feats to its relevant medium - i.e. Comics Vs, Games Vs, etc.

There is always Foreign Cinema for those who want it, although I admit I most prefer a debate with the Movie Vs regulars.

http://i59.tinypic.com/ixqjw2.jpg

Darkstorm Zero
Damn man, when you mangle quotes, you mangle them BAD... that took a while to sort...

Have you read this thread so far, we've got poster suggesting that in the case of conflict then original source should be takien over the movie. Then we've got people like you that are purposing the opposite. So those details would have to be hashed out.

That's what we are doing, aren't we? I mean, lets be honest, the original material should never be thrown out in the first place, because they contain details that may be relevant.

And you've learned nothing from your experience. You've never slogged threw page after page of argument over whether a piece of evidence counts instead of debating the actually versus the thread is about? And if you have you want to recreate that cluster here? Really, seriously?

It can't be worse than simply throwing away legit evidence in a pointless dick-waving contest like a few people here utilise. At least then the debates would be legitimate and not based on which piece of key evidence one can throw away on a technicality.

You're still not getting it. How do you establish a contradiction between the two sources.

If you've really spent time on Spacebattles think about all the arguments had about the Star Wars EU vs the movies and what evidence counts and doesn't.

And you don't think it'd happen here to?

The higher source always takes precedence. Always.

If you are referring to the massive calculation wars brought on by Incredible Cross Sections (ICS) being thrown around, denied, countermanded by higher sources, then re-legitimised by Leland Chee and the sheer sh!t storm that brought on, then yes, I know what you are talking about.

I personally didn't care about ICS before Chee said what he did, when people still discounted the source, that's when I got involved. It was still a legit, recognised source, but certain individuals were using it as an instawin button, while others wanted to disallow ICS entirely.

This is also simple to solve, assuming people have enough grey matter to think with. Higher canon supercedes lower canon. If the visuals don't agree with the lower sources, then the higher sources stand, unless a logical explanation is offered with evidence to explain the disparity. This is what debates are.

Maybe I should clarify context. Their seems to be school of thought that thinks this rule will clear thing up or make the debates easier. I was simply pointing out it wont.

That said complex is fine, but making things overly complex just for complexities sake. Is pointless and time consuming.

It will make it harder for fools to throw away legitimate evidence they don't like. That is a big plus in my book.

This isn't really an answer to the question you quoted.

Lets go over it anyway. Maybe changes are made because of the issues you mentioned on the other hand maybe things were changed on purpose. In other words going down that road basically turns into an argument about author intent.

Trust me you don't want to deal with that.

We deal with that constantly all over KMC's various vs debate forums.

And your reply illustrates a growing trend towards the path of least resistance, and losing much of the "meat" in the process.

I could literally pull hundreds of quotes, even very recent ones of people going "Movies only!" in response to someone citing legitimate evidence, followed by a slew of ad-hominems and back-seat modding. Basically put, the rules are being used to hamstring legitimate arguments.

An example of course is the LOTR series. Much of the background information comes from the books, so much that Jackson couldn't fit the majority of it into the movies. Now, under the current rules, a good 80% of the settings lore, history, and facets are illegal, despite much of the setting relying on that information. Tell me, why can't people use legitimate evidence pertaining to the lore and history of LOTR legally?

Because an adaptation, is a re-telling of a story, changed as needed. That doesn't all way and doesn't actually need to concern itself with the original version.

Some thing like the Star Wars EU on the is designed to work together and be part of the same continuity.

There's a big difference.

Oh? And the LOTR series is not compatible with it's book incarnations? ASOIAF is not compatible with the HBO Series Game of Thrones? the Star Trek movies are not compatible with it's TV series? I'm sorry, that's not right.

How so?

Because those are all different continuities entirely. When a movie is a retelling of the same story, same characters, same circumstances, has the same history and lore, and is intrinsically bound the the knowledge of it's source material, then that source material should also be examined. But, when a movie is, like for example, a reboot, it creates it's own set of circumstances that are unique to it. The Hulk movies have all pretty much been reboots, unlinked to prior work outside of the very basics. The new Star Trek movies are also unlinked to previous iterations.

You mean like not watching the movie? Because you do realise this is a MOVIE versus forum? Right?

First off, that is a wild and irrational tangent you just went on. I never said this, and you should not jump to conclusions.

Second, if the movie is based on another work, why would you not check the original source material as well? It's not hard f**king work, and you'd be better informed of what you are actually debating rather than flying off on ignorance.

http://static1.quoteswave.com/wp-content/uploads/2013/07/The-ultimate-ignorance-is.jpg

Explain to me why you think sources that exist in clearly different continuities should be utilised?

Did I say that? Where?

First off, when a movie is a retelling of a book or other media, it's not a different continuity. It's not like, say the difference between Pre-crisis Superman, and Superman Prime, for example. that is a completely separate universal timeline. There is a colossal difference between that, and the retelling of the exact same story.

Explain to me why non-movie sources, should be used in a movie versus forum?

Because movies that are adapted for the big screen often are incomplete in their histories and lore. To use LOTR as an example again, Gandalf, the Balrog, and Sauron are all Maiar, yet nothing like that is ever mentioned in the movies, however, it is known, and explained what these things are in the histories and lore of the world as written by the original author, Tolkien. Why should such evidence be discounted for the sake of expediency and a single minded devotion to movies only to the complete and utter exclusion of everything else, even when it becomes detrimental to the debates?

It sounds to me like it was a deliberate act to sabotage and hamstring arguments for the sake of being pedantic.

Explain to me how opinions about movies, based on those movies is half formed?

Because it's based on incomplete evidence and knowledge of the franchise in question. Simple really.

Nobody is expected to read every damned comic or published work of a character they are debating for or against. Characters like Hulk and Superman have been around for decades. I do however, expect people to familiarise themselves with the characters actual source canon as much as their movie iterations before throwing around mis-informed opinions, and then crying or throwing tantrums and going into rules lawyering when they get scolded for it.

The book, but it doesn't matter. I your not familiar with it. The example means nothing.

Well, I am familiar with the movies, so this is a good chance for me to explain the situation from your side of the argument, since I have not read the book.

Is there any information in the books, not shown in the movies, but does not directly contradict the films?

Let me ask you a different question. If their was a Book Versus Forum and somebody wanted to bring in information from the film version of a character, would you be okay with it?

As long as the information is not contradictive of the books, then yes, I'd be fine with it. Visual medium does indeed help with debates afterall.

Maybe I'm more tolerant of having more information rather than less compared to most people, but I always prefer having more information, rather than less information.

Another example of all of this, would be the book and movie Jaws. I own both the book, and the movie. I can tell you know, a lot had to be cut from the Jaws book story to make the movie. The entire sub-plot involving the Mob was cut entirely, making the Mayor little more than an @$$hole with no reason to be an @$$hole.

Placidity
I think the romance brewing Riot-Gear and Darkstorm Zero is a case in point, and a small indication of things to come, should this proposal go through.

Darkstorm Zero
Originally posted by Placidity
Every other section limits allowable feats to its relevant medium - i.e. Comics Vs, Games Vs, etc.

I have to disagree with this part. Games vs has an allowance for canon books too, like Halo, and the various books and comics for Capcom's Street Fighter and Darkstalkers, for example.

I think the romance brewing Riot-Gear and Darkstorm Zero is a case in point, and a small indication of things to come, should this proposal go through.

*Shrugs* if you prefer debates to be all one-liners, or sections of quotes of oneliners with about as much substance and culture as the contents of a toilet bowl, you should probably stop by HC sometime. :P

Me? I always preferred a little bit more to my debates than that.

RJ 2.0
Originally posted by BruceSkywalker
Yea RJ and Brucie have spoken.

Time Immemorial
First of all, who the **** is Riot gear, and who the **** is he coming in here telling us how the rules should be, he don't even post here or is by any means a MVF Guy here at KMC.

So yea, kiss my ass.

quanchi112
No, this is a horrible idea. This is the movie versus forum so it should stay that way. Take it to the all versus if you want to argue both sources but the threads would be buried under what counts and what doesn't.

NemeBro
I have to disagree with this part. Games vs has an allowance for canon books too, like Halo, and the various books and comics for Capcom's Street Fighter and Darkstalkers, for example. Whoa now, don't be disingenuous.

In games versus it was okay to use those because they are adapted from the video game and canon. Capcom's comics and anime (in the case of the SFIV one) explicitly showed the canon portrayals of the characters. The same is true of Halo.

This proposal does the opposite. It legitimizes the material the movies themselves are based off of.

I have to ask though: Impediment you say this wouldn't be used to give movie characters book/comic/whatever feats. Can you clarify on this point?

Impediment
So far, the Nays have the lead.

I voted no, BTW.

#****thedumbshit

NemeBro
Respond to me ****a.

Impediment

quanchi112
I think the romance brewing Riot-Gear and Darkstorm Zero is a case in point, and a small indication of things to come, should this proposal go through. Exactly. Zero is a known shit starter. Guy lashes out because he's so miserable on the inside.

Riot-Gear
Originally posted by Time Immemorial
First of all, who the **** is Riot gear, and who the **** is he coming in here telling us how the rules should be, he don't even post here or is by any means a MVF Guy here at KMC.

So yea, kiss my ass.

Who am I, I'm some body who was part of the forum 5yrs before you were. Sure I don't spam post like you, but that doesn't make me any less a part of the board.

Time Immemorial
Who am I, I'm some body who was part of the forum 5yrs before you were. Sure I don't spam post like you, but that doesn't make me any less a part of the board.

I been here since 2004

If you see spam, report it.

NemeBro
Be nice.

Time Immemorial
Be nice.

Sorry, he rustled my jimmies.

BlackZero30x

I like the idea I just feel like people will use it for "evil" lol

For example it would be cool to be like "Well all the Sith are dead in the Star Wars movies but according to the books the Force will find a way to bring them back because the force likes to keep itself balanced." but then I feel like we would get things like "Batman in the Dark Knight Trilogy never really showed amazing fighting ability but in the comics he has mastered 100+ fighting styles so he is a great fighter.

Reflassshh
Im some body It is "somebody" not "some body".

Reported.

Darkstorm Zero
Originally posted by quanchi112
Exactly. Zero is a known shit starter. Guy lashes out because he's so miserable on the inside.

Excuse you?

http://ct.fra.bz/ol/fz/sw/i49/5/7/25/frabz-im-better-then-you-at-anything-so-go-****-yourself-b0ec42.jpg

quanchi112
Excuse you?

http://ct.fra.bz/ol/fz/sw/i49/5/7/25/frabz-im-better-then-you-at-anything-so-go-****-yourself-b0ec42.jpg You've never been good at anything in your life except babysitting old people and crying about your life.

laughing out loud

Darkstorm Zero
You've never been good at anything in your life except babysitting old people and crying about your life.

laughing out loud

And everything else, don't forget.

RJ 2.0
I love how this friendly poll became a pissing contest.

quanchi112
And everything else, don't forget. No, those are the only things. Let's Battlezone a topic then. Quit talking shit and back it up for a change, coward.

Darkstorm Zero
No, those are the only things. Let's Battlezone a topic then. Quit talking shit and back it up for a change, coward.

You wouldn't do a Battlezone that I could take an interest in where you couldn't control the rules and stipulations.

quanchi112
You wouldn't do a Battlezone that I could take an interest in where you couldn't control the rules and stipulations. We compromise then on a movie matchup. Quit pussying out and actually put yourself on the line. Come on, pea brain.

Darkstorm Zero
We compromise then on a movie matchup. Quit pussying out and actually put yourself on the line. Come on, pea brain.

You and the word 'Compromise' do not even exist in the same multiverse.

So, in essence, rage on. Because:
http://static.fjcdn.com/pictures/Can_ba075f_1020031.jpg

Riot-Gear
Originally posted by Time Immemorial
I been here since 2004

If you see spam, report it.

Then why does your registration date show up as 2014? and why do you have no posting history before March of this year?

Riot-Gear
Originally posted by Reflassshh
It is "somebody" not "some body".

Reported.

How exactly is this useful?

Darkstorm Zero
Then why does your registration date show up as 2014? and why do you have no posting history before March of this year?

His Original account is here

Riot-Gear
His Original account is here

Are we sure they are the same person?

Even if they are. Is the guy who got banned and his account locked really the right guy to be lecturing others on how these forums are supposed to operate?

Darkstorm Zero
Are we sure they are the same person?

Even if they are. Is the guy who got banned and his account locked really the right guy to be lecturing others on how these forums are supposed to operate?

He has admitted so several times.

Personally, no, I don't think any member has that right really. Mods do because that is their job.

NemeBro
I have the only right.

Darkstorm Zero
I have the only right.

LmeZOBrXrek

Impediment
I'm closing this poll today since there aren't too many more us around to vote.

The nays are leading, and I'm glad.

Time Immemorial
Polls must be closed before the Jimmies come!

Reflassshh
How exactly is this useful? Learn to type properly is always useful mate!

RJ 2.0
EVERYONE CALM DOWN.

Impediment

quanchi112
You and the word 'Compromise' do not even exist in the same multiverse.

So, in essence, rage on. Because:
http://static.fjcdn.com/pictures/Can_ba075f_1020031.jpg I am very understanding, dummy.

Impediment
Poll is now closed because people cant STFU and stay on topic.

The nays have it.

Text-only Version: Click HERE to see this thread with all of the graphics, features, and links.